Divisoria Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco Ayala Baliwasan Baluno Boalan Bolong Buenavista Bunguiao Busay Cabaluay Cabatangan Cacao Calabasa Calarian Camino Nuevo Campo Islam Canelar Capisan Cawit Culianan Curuan Daap Dita Divisoria Dulian Bunguiao Dulian Pasonanca Guisao Guiwan Kasanyangan La Paz Labuan Lamisahan Landang Gua Landang Laum Lanzones Lapakan Latuan Curuan Licomo Limaong Limpapa Lubigan Lumayang Lumbangan Lunzuran Maasin Malagutay Mampang Manalipa Mangusu Manicahan Mariki Mercedes Muti Pamucutan Pangapuyan Panubigan Pasilmanta Pasobolong Pasonanca Patalon Putik Quiniput Recodo Rio Hondo Salaan San Jose Cawa-Cawa San Jose Gusu San Ramon San Roque Sangali Sibulao Curuan Sinubong Sinunuc Sta. Barbara Sta. Catalina Sta. Maria Sto. Niρo Tagasilay Taguiti Talabaan Talisayan Talon-Talon Taluksangay Tetuan Tictapul Tigbalabag Tigtabon Tolosa Tugbungan Tulungatung Tumaga Tumalutab Tumitus Victoria Vitali Zambowood Zone I Zone II Zone III Zone IV
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
On the East Coast Hwy: The barangay before Divisoria is Putik and the one after Divisoria is Boalan
Divisoria Barangay Hall
Divisoria Elementary School
Maria Clara Lobregat National High School
Villa teresa divisoria - Subdivision
Philippine National Police - Divisoria Station
Location of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- Latitude. 6.9486111°, Longitude. 122.1016667°
Distance from City Hall: 6.2 kilometers
History of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
Supposedly one of the original settlers of the area was from Divisoria, Manila. So he called the place Divisoria.
People of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- Population as of May 1, 2010 Census: 9,042
Elected Government Officials of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
Elected Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Punong Barangay Macrohon, Jesus Falcasantos
- Barangay Kagawad Mariano, Marissa Saavedra
- Barangay Kagawad Guerrero, Carlos Lozada
- Barangay Kagawad Mojica, Jemuel Ersando
- Barangay Kagawad Rojas, Severino Calixto
- Barangay Kagawad Macrohon, Santiago Falcasantos
- Barangay Kagawad Alvarez, Jennibeth Candido
- Barangay Kagawad Gregorio, Dexter Delarama
Businesses in Divisoria, Zamboanga City
Proposed Bus Terminal: The city government has approved in 2008 the construction of a P180 million Integrated Bus Terminal Project at Covarrubias Drive in Barangay Divisoria.
The project was bidded out by the city government last January 16 ,2009, but due to some discrepancies in the bidding process, Mayor Celso Lobregat recalled the award of the bidding. This recall caused the both the winner and loser to file cases against Mayor Celso Lobregat at the Regional Trial Court.
- We invite you to list your business located in Divisoria.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for zamboanga.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Divisoria
- Your business name, address, and phone number here
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- Click FREE HERE to view properties for sale in Divisoria.
- If you have real estate property for sale in Divisoria, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Religions in Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- Divine Mercy Parish - (Founded:2005)
- Fr. Jude Duncombe - Parish Priest
- Divine Mercy Parish - (Founded:2005)
Schools in Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- Divisoria Elementary School
- Divisoria National High School
Economy of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
The economy in Divisoria is growing fast. Guiwan was the first barangay to boom as far as barangays adjacent to the National Highway towards the eastcoast. Putik the neighboring barangay followed suit quickly. Now it is Divisoria's turn.
Natural Resources of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Fiestas and Traditions of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
Fiesta Date: May 13
Divisoria, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Your Story about Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- Submitted_by: roque covarrubias
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I was born and raised in divisoria and left in 1967. life was simple then, you knew all your neighbors including families in putik and boalan. families that I can recall were the alvarez, guerreros, enriquez, bernardos, cabayacruz, macrohon and ramos. the prominent chinese were nior chonga, nior lowa and nior sa. nior hinong macrohon made divisoria famous by selling beef every saturday morning. The fare to the city was 10 centavos. We used to take the bus or the thames jeepneys as our means of transportation to the city. I remember we did not lock our doors or windows at night when we went to sleep. Those were the good old days, we thought would never end, safe, stress free and simple living.
Families of Divisoria, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Divisoria.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Divisoria.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Divisoria Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Divisoria Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.