Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
Acacia • Aguinaldo • Airport Village • Bangkerohan • Baybay • Bocsol • Cabayhan • Cag-abaca • Calachuchi • Cal-igang • Cawayan • Cervantes • Cularima • Daganas • Dalakit • Doña Pulqueria • Galutan • Gebalagnan • Gebulwangan • General Malvar • Guba • Hinatad • Imelda • Ipil-ipil • Jose Abad Santos • Jose P. Rizal • Kasoy • Lapu-lapu • Liberty • Libjo • Mabini • Mabolo • Macagtas • Mckinley • Molave • Narra • New Rizal • Old Rizal • Paticua • Polangi • Quezon • Salvacion • Sampaguita • San Julian • San Pascual • Santol • Somoge • Talisay • Tinowaran • Trangue • UEP I • UEP II • UEP III • Washington • Yakal
Acacia Barangay Seal Picture
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Northern Samar|
Northern Samar Province within The Philippines
Acacia Barangay Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
Location of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
- Acacia is one of the Barangays of Catarman.
- Catarman is in the Province of Northern Samar
- The province of Northern Samar is in Region 8 – Eastern Visayas Region.
History of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of Acacia
People of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
Total Population of Acacia
Elected Government Officials of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
- Elected Acacia Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Punong Barangay (Chairman), Redencio M. Baniege
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Kagawad 1, Rodel H. Flores
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Kagawad 2, Cezar M. Cruz
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Kagawad 3, Edna P. Gallano
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Kagawad 4, Wilfredo C. Basarte
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Kagawad 5, Clarisa Franzuela Evangelista
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Kagawad 6, Romeo O. Beros
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Kagawad 7, Fe B. Meregildo
- Northern Samar, Catarman (Capital), Acacia (Pob.), Sk Chairman, Ralph Florence J. Gomez
Businesses in Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Acacia.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Take a picture of your Business in Acacia. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Acacia
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Acacia, you can list that property for FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The schools in Acacia
Economy of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Acacia, Catarman you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Acacia, Catarman, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Acacia, Catarman. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Acacia. This will help boost the local economy of Acacia. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Acacia landmarks here.
- Places to see in Acacia:
Fiestas and Traditions of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
Fiesta date of Acacia
Your Story about Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
Tell your story about Acacia. You can talk about the good things in Acacia or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Acacia. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Acacia? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Acacia. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Acacia? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Acacia? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Acacia.
- Razcals, Barakos take opener in Asian elims
- Friday, May 24, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Razcals and Barakos launched their bid for a place in the World Series with imposing wins on the first day of the PONY Mustang and Bronco Asian eliminations at the Senayan Baseball stadium in Jakarta.
- The Razcals, leaning on base-running skills, crushed the error-prone Indonesian host team, 12-2, in an abbreviated duel for their opening win in the competition for boys 9-10 years old..........Full Story »
News and Events
- Promising story keep investors coming to Phl market pretty happy – Goldman Sachs official
- Friday, May 24, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Investors are shunning concerns of high valuations, continuously pouring in money to the overvalued local bourse on the back of the country’s “promising” economic story, an official of a global investment bank said.
- “The equity markets have clearly understood and maybe over-discounting, a little bit, the trend going forward,” said Christopher Eoyang, managing director for global economics, commodities and strategy research at Goldman Sachs..........Full Story
- IMF exec sees Q1 growth at 6%
- Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Economic growth could hit no less than six percent in the first quarter of the year as consumption and investments offset a weakness in the trade sector, an official of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said.
- “We are expecting something close to six (percent) even on a quarterly basis,” IMF resident representative Shanaka Jayanath Peiris told reporters on Tuesday night..........Full Story
Why Z-Wiki Acacia, Catarman?
We want to give the people of Acacia the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Acacia is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Acacia participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Acacia.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Acacia.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Acacia, Catarman Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Northern Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Acacia, Catarman, Northern Samar, Philippines]]