Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Barangays of Bacolod City, in the Negros Occidental Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Alangilan | Alijis | Banago | Barangay 1 (Pob.) | Barangay 2 (Pob.) | Barangay 3 (Pob.) | Barangay 4 (Pob.) | Barangay 5 (Pob.) | Barangay 6 (Pob.) | Barangay 7 (Pob.) | Barangay 8 (Pob.) | Barangay 9 (Pob.) | Barangay 10 (Pob.) | Barangay 11 (Pob.) | Barangay 12 (Pob.) | Barangay 13 (Pob.) | Barangay 14 (Pob.) | Barangay 15 (Pob.) | Barangay 16 (Pob.) | Barangay 17 (Pob.) | Barangay 18 (Pob.) | Barangay 19 (Pob.) | Barangay 20 (Pob.) | Barangay 21 (Pob.) | Barangay 22 (Pob.) | Barangay 23 (Pob.) | Barangay 24 (Pob.) | Barangay 25 (Pob.) | Barangay 26 (Pob.) | Barangay 27 (Pob.) | Barangay 28 (Pob.) | Barangay 29 (Pob.) | Barangay 30 (Pob.) | Barangay 31 (Pob.) | Barangay 32 (Pob.) | Barangay 33 (Pob.) | Barangay 34 (Pob.) | Barangay 35 (Pob.) | Barangay 36 (Pob.) | Barangay 37 (Pob.) | Barangay 38 (Pob.) | Barangay 39 (Pob.) | Barangay 40 (Pob.) | Barangay 41 (Pob.) | Bata | Cabug | Estefania | Felisa | Granada | Handumanan | Mandalagan | Mansilingan | Montevista | Pahanocoy | Punta-taytay | Singcang-Airport | Sum-ag | Taculing | Tangub | Villamonte | Vista Alegre
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Alangilan Barangay Seal Picture
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Bacolod City|
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
Alangilan Barangay Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
Location of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Alangilan is one of the Barangays of Bacolod City.
- Bacolod City is in the Province of Negros Occidental
- Negros Occidental is in the Western Visayas island of Negros and within Region VI.
- Alangilan is located approximately 16 kilometers East of Bacolod City or a 30-minute ride East of Bacolod City proper.
History of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
BARANGAY ALANGILAN KALAPARAN THEN AND NOW
The most historic event took place in 1938 when Bacolod was elevated into a city through Commonwealth Act 326 passed by the National Assembly creating the Chartered City of Bacolod. Assemblyman (later senator) Pedro Hernaez of the second district sponsored the bill. The law was passed on June 18,1938, but it was not until October 19,1938 that the city was inaugurated because of persistent rains during the year. Bacolod was proclaimed as Chartered City by virtue of Commonwealth Act No. 404.
President Manuel L. Quezon appointed Alfredo Montelibano, Sr. as the first City Mayor of Bacolod (now both deceased).
Barangay Alangilan started as a Sitio of Barangay Granada, Bacolod City in the year 1938. Before and after the World War II, the place was know as Sitio Calaparan. During that time, the Mayor of Bacolod City was late Hon. Alfredo Montelibano, Sr. the father of former Provincial Governor of Negros Occidental and former Mayor of Bacolod City, Hon. Alfredo L. Montelibano, Jr. The first Barrio Lieutenant of Granada during the time was the late Melecio A. Quiachon, the father of the late and former Barangay Captain Patricio B. Quiachon of Barangay Alangilan who serve the Barangay for more or less twenty (20) years.
Barangay Alangilan remained as Sitio Calaparan until in 1962 when the said Sitio was created under City Ordinance No. 104, Series of 1962, and defined its boundaries as a separate Barrio and took effect on May 1, 1962. The late Hon. Teofisto M. Cordova was Bacolod City Mayor that time.
The first Barrio Lieutenant in Barangay Alangilan was the late Francisco Acot Guadalupe and named as the Father of Barangay Alangilan.
The original name of this place is Calaparan, but when the majority of its inhabitants executed a petition as required by the City Council of Bacolod for the creation of a new Barrio, it was changed to ALANGILAN, which derived from scented flowering trees known as Ilang-Ilang that was grown and existed in the locality. However, on the northeast portion of this barrio there is a body of water continuously flowing known as Alangilan Creek.
Alangilan is very rich of potable water because it has many rivers, creeks, and springs (under earth water), in different areas. In fact, its water source the natural springs of Buro-Buro and Bucal-Bucal, located 14 and 16 kilometers respective upstream form the City proper of Bacolod and are with in territorial and political jurisdiction of the Barangay.
The Yulo Waterworks System was established as Water District (BACIWA) took over the operation and maintenance of the Yulo Waterworks System of the City as agreed and covenanted, and pursuant to Memorandum of Agreement entered and executed by and between the City of Bacolod and Bacolod City Water District, thus the Memorandum of Agreement was ratified by virtue of Resolution No. 4539, Series of 1974 on January 14,1974 of the City Council of Bacolod.
On the 124th regular session of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Bacolod City held on November 20, 2003, the City Ordinance No.346, Series of 2003 was enacted and entitled, AN ORDINACE ESTABLISHING BACOLOD CITY NATURE'S PARK IN BARANGAY ALANGILAN. And approved on December 01,2003 by the City Mayor Luzviminda S. Valdez.
The primary objectives of the enactment and establishment of said ordinance are for the purposes of tree parks, eco-tourism and nature parks to protect the city watershed, prevent floods and soil erosion and maintenance to beautification project for the Barangay and the City as well.
Today, Alangilan is being called as VEGETABLE BOWL of Bacolod. It is starting to establish its name in game fowl breeding. It is envisioned to be the Summer Capital of Bacolod City.
On December 15, 1999, the city Government of Bacolod under former Mayor Oscar R. Verdeflor awarded a certificate and branded Barangay Alangilan as "LAND OF SPRINGS".
People of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Total Population of Alangilan: 5,827
Elected Government Officials of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Elected Alangilan Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, Barangay Chairman, Degie G Tanista Sr
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, Kagawad 1, Edgardo L Paura
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, Kagawad 2, Vilma G Tahum
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, Kagawad 3, Homer T Leonidas
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, Kagawad 4, Rodrigo L Jagunap
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, Kagawad 5, Donard T Alimpolo
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, Kagawad 6, Alex C Sausi
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, Kagawad 7, Elda R Esmellarin
- Bacolod City, Alangilan, SK Chairman, Kathleen Joy B Esmillarin
Businesses in Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Alangilan.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Alangilan
- Ryan P Game Farm (Bacolod best fighting cocks)Purok 3, Alangilan, Bacolod City, 09286939520
Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Alangilan, you can list that property for FOR FREE. .
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
- Holy Rosary Parish
Schools in Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The schools in Alangilan are:
- Rafael Alunan Elementary School
- Alangilan National High School
Economy of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Alangilan, Bacolod City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Alangilan, Bacolod City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Alangilan was known as the "Bowl" of Bacolod for it caters the city with vegetables.Today the main products of Alangilan are fruits like Durian,Lanzones and Rambutan. Some people produce coconut wine or "tuba". The Barangay produces also the best of the fighting cocks of Bacolod.The Game Farms stretches to the foot of the mountain ranges of Bacolod City that is about 8 kilometers. So the economy of the said barangay is agriculture, farming and breeding of fighting cocks.
Natural Resources of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Alangilan, Bacolod City. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Alangilan is rich of water reserve, having approximately 10 water reservoir which supply the city its potable water everyday.
Tourists Attractions of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Alangilan. This will help boost the local economy of Alangilan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Alangilan landmarks here.
- Places to see in Alangilan:
- Holy Rosary Parish - a pilgrimage site and soon to be a Pilgrimage Shrine!
- Bukal-bukal, which is one of our tourist attractions
Fiestas and Traditions of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- May 1 - Barangay Fiesta
- October 7 - Parish Fiesta (Feast of the Holy Rosary)
Your Story about Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tell your story about Alangilan. You can talk about the good things in Alangilan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Alangilan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- I began my life in Alangilan. I grew up there till I was 16. I was roaming around the places surrounding it like Kabatangan,Idiangawan,Buro-buro, and the nearby Barangays such as Conception,Alegria and Sta. Cruz.I was born in Sta. Cruz, Murcia,Negros Occidental. It is where my mother lived.My father is from where I grew up, Alangilan. I used to walk 2 kilometers East going to school where Alangilan National High School situated. On my third year in high school I walked 4 kilometers West where Bacolod Boys Home is situated and I graduated there.I have full of memories in the place. When I was young then, together with my classmates in Rafael Alunan Elementary School, we used to climbed trees and eat our lunch on top of it and swim in rivers nearby.We used to take our bath in Bukal-bukal which is one of our tourist attractions. (3 August 2010, by: Woodpusher012000 - Thanks!)
- Tell us more of your stories of Alangilan...
The oldest man or woman in Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Alangilan? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Alangilan. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Alangilan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Alangilan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Alangilan.
- Le Tour de Filipinas kicks off tomorrow
- Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The chief of the Asian Cycling Confederation (ACC) has expressed confidence over another successful staging of the Le Tour de Filipinas, which rolls out its fifth edition tomorrow in Clark, Pampanga.
- “The organizing committee in the Philippines, which is coming up to become one of the cycling powers in Asia, would be able, as in last year, to put up one of the memorable races of the Le Tour,” ACC president Cho Hee Wok of Korea said. ....................... Full Story»
News and Events
- Barclays sees peso strengthening in next 3 months
- Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The peso will likely strengthen further in the next three months as recent monetary policy adjustments keep the currency stable amid a strong dollar, UK-based investment bank Barclays said.
- “[A] slightly more hawkish central bank since the recent changes in monetary policy settings has helped keep the Philippine peso in a stable range,” the bank said in a research note ....................... Full Story»
- More tourists from New Zealand visit Philippines
- Saturday, April 19, 2014
- More tourists from New Zealand are flocking to the Philippines and spending more than other foreign tourists, data from the Department of Tourism (DoT) showed.
- The Philippine Embassy in New Zealand said there were 15,783 tourists from New Zealand who visited the Philippines in 2013 or a growth rate of 11.94 percent from the previous year ....................... Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki Alangilan, Bacolod City?
We want to give the people of Alangilan the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Alangilan is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Alangilan participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Alangilan.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Alangilan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Alangilan, Bacolod City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Bacolod City, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Alangilan, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines]]