Albay Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Albay Province within Region V in the Republic of The Philippines
Bacacay | Camalig | Daraga (Locsin) | Guinobatan | Jovellar | Libon | Malilipot | Malinao | Manito | Oas | Pio Duran | Polangui | Rapu-Rapu | Santo Domingo (Libog) | Tiwi
Cities in the province of Albay: Legazpi City (Capital) | City Of Ligao | City Of Tabaco
Seal of the Province of Albay
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Albay|
Location of Albay within the Philippines
Provincial Capitol Building of Albay, in Legazpi City
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
The Province of Albay, Philippines
- Albay has a total of 720 barangays, 15 municipalites, and 3 cities - Every barangay in the province of Albay has an Interactive Webpage of its own.
- Registered Voters of Albay as of (2010) = 606,617
- Population of Albay (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 1,190,823
- Land Area of Albay (as of 2007, in hectares) = 257,577
- Land Area: 2,552.6 sq. km
- Albay is a 1st class province.
- The province of Albay is within Region V in the island of Luzon - Bicol Region.
- The capital city of Albay is Legazpi City
Geography of Albay, Philippines
Albay has a land area of 2,552.6 square kilometers, politically subdivided into 15 municipalities, three cities and 720 barangays.
Location of Albay, Philippines
The Province of Albay is situated in the Southern Luzon land mass between the provinces of Camarines Sur on the north and Sorsogon on the south. It is bounded on the east by the Pacific Ocean, on the northeast by the Lagonoy Gulf, and on the west and southwest by the Burias Pass. North of the province’ s mainland are the islands of Rapu-rapu, Batan, Cagraray and San Miguel, all falling under its jurisdiction. Source: www.nscb.gov.ph
History of Albay, Philippines
- Article below was taken verbatim from: www.census.gov.ph
Albay and its surrounding areas were known as Ibalon when Juan de Salcedo and 120 soldiers explored it in 1573. Sawangan, a small settlement by a mangrove swamp, became a town called Albaybay (meaning "by the bay") in 1616. The town was first renamed Albay, then LEgaspi, as Albay went on to refer to the province.
In 1846, Masbate , Ticao and Burias were seperated from albay to form the comandancia of Masabate. Albay was then divided into four districts: Iraya, Cordillera or Tobaco, Sorsogon and Catduanes. In 1894, Sorosogon became a seperate province and Catanduanes followed suit in 1945. The province of Albay itself was created on March 10, 1917 .
Its colorful history includes both natural and man-made disasters. In 1649, the natives rebelled against their recruuitmenst to Cavite to build galleons. In 1814, Mayon Volcano erupted, killing 1200 people and burying the town of Cagsawa . During the early 19th century, hemp for shipping rope became an international source of wealth. Albay prospered greatly until the demand for hemp fell sharply.
People of Albay, Philippines
The Bicol dialect spoken in Legaspi is the common tongue used, but there are variations in tone and meanings of words as one goes farther away from the city. However, the people also speak Tagalog fluently.
A number of tribal communities can be found in the towns of Tiwi and Rapu-Rapu.
- Elected Governor, Vice-Governor, Board Members , and House of Representatives of Albay Province for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Albay:Jose Ma. "JOEY" Clemente Sarte Salceda (LP)
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Albay:Harold "LOD" Ong Imperial (LP)
- House of Representatives of Albay:
- 1st District: Edcel Castelar Lagman
- 1st District Provincial Board Members:
- Baby Glenda "ATE GLENDA" Ong Bongao (LP)
- Job "JOBAMA" Basallote Belen (LP)
- Jose "JOEMAR" Marino Baylon Madrilejos (IND)
- 2nd District: Al Francis Del Castillo Bichara
- 2nd District Provincial Board Members:
- Oscar Robert "BOBBY" Idalgo Cristobal (LP)
- Richard Benjamin "RB" Min Chua Imperial (LP)
- Ralph "RALPH" Alvarado Andes (LP)
- 3rd District: Fernando Vallejo Gonzalez
- 3rd District Provincial Board Members:
- Ramon "MON" Samson Alsua (LP)
- Herbert "DOC" Serrano Borja (LP)
- Rhederick "RIC RIVA" Nepomuceno Riva (IND)
- Irineo "DODO" Tiuseco Sales Jr. (LP)
- Elected Governor, Vice-Governor, Board Members , and House of Representatives of Albay Province for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor: Jose Ma Clemente Sarte Salceda
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Harold Ong Imperial
- House of Representatives:
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected Governor, Vice-Governor, Board Members , and House of Representatives of Albay Province for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Albay for the term of 2007-2010
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Brando Mella Sael
- Provincial Board Members:
- House of Representatives:
Elected Barangay Officials of Albay Province
Businesses in Albay, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Albay.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsor zamboanga.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Albay
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Albay, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Albay, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Albay, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Albay here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Albay here.
- List the Methodist churches in Albay here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Albay here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Albay here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Albay here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Albay here.
- List the Baptist churches in Albay here.
Schools in Albay, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Albay can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Albay, Philippines
"The province’s economy is basically agricultural with coconut, hemp, rice, vegetables, sugarcane and pineapple as the major products. Vast grazing lands are also available for pasturing cattle, carabao, horses, goats and sheep. Its forests are sources of timber, rattan, pili nuts and other minor forest products." Source Verbatim: www.nscb.gov.ph
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Albay you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Albay, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Albay, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Albay Philippines" page.
Natural Resources of Albay, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions and Cultural heritage monuments of Albay, Philippines
- "The landscape of the province is dominated by the world famous Mayon Volcano rising over 7500 feet above sea level. The volcano has erupted 47 times since 1616 with the catastrophe of February 1, 1814 as the most destructive, burying the church and houses in Cagsawa. Mounts Masaraga and Malinao in the northeast and Mount Catburauan in the west borders the expanse of Albay’s land area." Source verbatim: www.nscb.gov.ph
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Albay in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Albay. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Albay landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Albay, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Albay.
- Phl stocks surge on Wall St rally
- Saturday, December 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Another overnight Wall Street rally behind the US Federal Reserve’s pledge to be patient in hiking rates catapulted the local benchmark index into the positive territory for the second consecutive session yesterday.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) climbed 1.37 percent or 96.35 points to close at 7,125.63 while the broader All Shares index grew 1.09 percent or 45.25 points at 4,195.81 ......................... Full Story»
- PH electronics sector seen growing faster than expected at 7-11% in 2014
- Friday, December 19, 2014 5:30 am
- MANILA, Philippines–Despite lingering congestion at the ports of Manila, the Philippine electronics industry is seen to grow faster than expected this year at about 7 to 11 percent due to rising global demand and the recovery of key markets.
- This growth may, however, slow down to about 5 to 7 percent next year, the Semiconductor and Electronics Industries in the Philippines Inc. (Seipi) reported Thursday ......................... Full Story»
- FEU bet cops Team UAAP 2nd athletics gold
- Saturday, December 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Far Eastern University’s Ian Delos Santos gave Team UAAP-Philippines its second gold medal in athletics late Thursday in the 17th ASEAN University Games in Palembang, Indonesia.
- A standout from the Tamaraws men’s athletics squad that captured the Season 77 crown recently, Delos Santos defeated his foes from Indonesia and Malaysia to rule the decathlon and follow-up University of Santo Tomas ace Ernest John Obiena’s conquest in the men’s pole vault on Wednesday ................................ Full Story»
Mayon volcano warning declines
- Source: http://manilastandardtoday.com/2014/12/20/mayon-volcano-warning-declines/
- Saturday, December 20, 2014 12:01 am
- By Rudy Brul
LEGAZPI, Albay—The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology has lowered to Alert Level 2 from Alert Level 3 the status of restive Mayon volcano in Albay due to the general decline in its activity since the last recorded seismic swarm on Nov. 29.
For nearly three weeks, the volcano has shown a considerable drop in its volcanic activity, ground deformation and gas emission, while an aerial survey on Nov. 28 confirmed no new lava deposit at its crater.
Alert Level 2 was declared on Aug. 15 and was raised to Alert Level 3 on Sept. 15 this year after Mayon showed signs of restiveness.
The status backslide means the likelihood of a hazardous eruption within days or weeks has lessened, but “this should not be interpreted that the volcano’s unrest has ceased, considering that deeper beneath it lies eruptible magma accumulation,” according to the bulletin released by the Phivolcs’ Volcano Monitoring and Eruption Division.
“The public is still reminded to avoid entry into the six-kilometer Permanent Danger Zone due to the perennial hazards of rockfalls, avalanches, ash puffs and steam-driven eruptions at the summit,” volcanologist Ronald Pigtain said.
He said the prolonged and heavy rainfall could still send sediment-laden stream flows and lahar in valleys and active river channels.
The last three weeks has shown that Mayon’s volcanic activity has dropped to 2 to 3 daily earthquakes due mainly to rock fracturing beneath the northern flank of the edifice.
Pigtain said intense rainfall had been pinpointed as the cause of minor rockfalls rather than by lava extrusion at the crater, indicating no active transport of eruptible magma to the crater from its base.
Ground deformation data also showed no absence of occurrence in nearly three weeks. Ground inflation or swelling would indicate the abundance of hot magma at its base that is ready to rise up to the crater.
Albay Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by Municipality/City or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
Albay, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- Tour of Matabungkay 2014 - Billed as “the most awaited road cycling event of the year”, the 2014 Tour of Matabungkay attracted a record number of participants at just over 500 riders across the categories for the challenging four stage 3-day race. Read More
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Albay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Albay, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Albay Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.