Arena Blanco Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zamboanga City, Philippines|
Arena Blanco Barangay Hall
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Entrance to the Barangay of Arena Blanco in Zamboanga City
Left Side of the Welcome Arch of Arena Blanco
Right Side of the Welcome Arch of Arena Blanco
Fisherman waves as he harvests seaweeds from his seaweed farm near the coast of Barangay Arena Blanco in Zamboanga City. PHOTO BY CHARLIE SACEDA
Pier arena blanco zamboanga
- Commonwealth Act No. 39, series of 1937 is the legal basis of the creation of Barangay Arena Blanco.
- Area Size in Hectares = 52 hectares.
- In the early 50's and 60's Arena Blanco lived up to its name. Arena=Sand, Blanco=White. Now only the imagination of those who had the beautiful experience of the past can picture the former beauty and grandeur of Arena Blanco. The city government needs to come in and help in the renovation of this poor community in Arena Blanco.
Location of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
East Coast. Follow the Gov. Lim Ave. Rd. and cross Veterans Ave. pass by the General Hospital. The road turns to Santa Catalina Rd., Follow it down to, Sta. Catalina, Talon-Talon, Mampang, the name of the street turns to Evangelista St., follow it to Arena Blanco. About 9.6 kilometers from downtown.
History of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
Arena Blanco is an island bounded by the sea on the mouth of Masinlog River, a name coined from the name “Ilog Maasin”. “Ilog” in Tagalog means river and “maasin” in the vernacular of tausug, yakan and others mean “salty”. Hence, it literally means “salty river”. It is adjacent to “bilang-bilang”, the oldest established community in the vicinity.
Arena Blanco derived its name from Spanish words which literally mean, "white sand" and construed to connote purity and simplicity of the natives’ way of life. They were purely “palu.” Other names to call them were given by their foes like luwaan, samal, badjao and extreme samal luwaan. These names were deliberately given to them to portray the absurdities of these humble, peace loving creatures, who love more than ever nature and the very people who oppressed their communal right of ownership. Inspite of this, they calmly survive without any resistance and vengeance undertaken.
The Luwaan Samal and extremely called “Samal Luwaan” when at anger addressed by migrant surigaonons from the province of Surigao, were drifted long time ago by strong waves from east and reached Sulu Archipelago. There, they inhabited some of the places and became the aboriginal occupants of the upper lands. They are now being called tausugs. The forefathers of this determined tribe were wanderers in the Visayan shores looking for green pastures and reached through Surigao Deep and now scattered over the lands of Mindanao to the southern most part of the Philippines.
Early Migrants to Arrive at the Shore of Arena Blanco
Many palau’ families of Laminusa island from the municipality of Siasi, Province of Sulu, the south palua’ in Tawi-Tawi and Jolo, had passed through the Basilan Strait into the shores of Bilang-Bilang, the then mother “balangay” of Arena Blanco. Various diverse cultures have come across with it, even the yakans and bangi-ngi. But they did not stay longer. Until one glorious day, a certain Imam Talib called pusong, panglima Amsiluddin Atti and others who rose from Sisangat, Siasi, Sulu crossed breed with Tawi-Tawi blooded palua’ Sellangan Tawi-Tawi, who were among the aboriginal inhabitants of Bilang-Bilang, have stepped on the soil of Arena Blanco and became the inhabitants and natives of the place.
In 1950’s a certain Paul Walton, in the time of Maya (hji. Abdulsalam), the father of the late Kagawad Adbulhussin with a certain contemporary caretaker by the name of Victor, a Christian tenant, and in coordination with these guys, Imam Pusong Talib was able to settle and live in the area peacefully and harmoniously with his family and his group. Mr. Paul Walton was the first to own a title in Arena Blanco.
Imam Pusong got married to a Laminusa girl, born in Bilang-Bilang belonging to the “pangkat” of anak apo lima in Tenggah, Laminusa. Pangkat means “the rightful clan of spiritual leadership over the submissive.” While panglima Amsiluddin Atti took shelter in the very adjacent vicinity at the mouth of Masinlog River, southwest of Bilang-Bilang. He married Hja. Rufa Hani of the community. She was the sister of Hji. Sabirullah Hani, known for his expertise in chanting psalms called “lugoh”.
After Paul Walton owned first the whole of Arena Blanco, the area was bought by a certain Weedyaw, a rich Chinese businessman. He entrusted the management, still to Hji. Abdulsalam or Maya.
In 1980’s, Mr. Juanito Chan assumed the absolute ownership of the island and the caretaker then was Hji. Abdulsalam. Around ten years after, the lot was sold to Hji. Ahmad Omar, the Mayor of Kapual, Luuk, Sulu, under the management of Hji. Jainuddin, the son of Maya, father of Kagawad Mujib. *article from the Zamboanga City government*
People of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
- (2007 Census)
- Total Population: 10,621
- Number of Household: 1,439
- Population as of May 1, 2010 Census: 10,016
Elected Government Officials of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
- Elected Officials of Arena Blanco for the term of 2013-2016
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Abdulhusin, Mujib Mohammad Nur
- Barangay Kagawad Idjah, Ibno Sali
- Barangay Kagawad Pitoh, Abdul-Amin Adam
- Barangay Kagawad Atti, Khadafy Bukang
- Barangay Kagawad Tandiko, Annie-Fie Mirisani
- Barangay Kagawad Misuari, Mohammad Samsarani
- Barangay Kagawad Abdulhusin, Alih Mohamad
- Barangay Kagawad Centi, Suharto Alsad
- Elected Officials of Arena Blanco for the term of 2010-2013
- Arena Blanco, Barangay Chairman, Mujib M. Abdulhusin
- Arena Blanco, Kagawad 1, Abdul-Amin A. Pitoh
- Arena Blanco, Kagawad 2, Nulhamdo P. Cegales
- Arena Blanco, Kagawad 3, Jerry B. Kadil
- Arena Blanco, Kagawad 4, Nur U. Jakaria
- Arena Blanco, Kagawad 5, Mohammad S. Misuari
- Arena Blanco, Kagawad 6, Suharto A. Centi
- Arena Blanco, Kagawad 7, Mutalib N. Pula
- Arena Blanco, SK Chairman, Rafida M. Tandiko
Businesses in Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property for sale in Arena Blanco, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
The majority of the people in Arena Blanco are Muslims.
Schools in Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
- Arena Blanco National High School
- Arena Blanco Elementary School East
- Arena Blanco Elementary School West
Economy of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
Arena Blanco is a very poor community. As of 2009, it still does not have a good water source. Every dry season, the community runs out of water. The water from shallow wells is not potable.
Sea-Weed Farming or Agal-Agal farming. Sea-weed processing. Sari-Sari Stores.
Natural Resources of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
The mangrove of Arena Blanco is but a memory today. They have all been ravaged by the folks who moved in in the 70's who used the wood from the mangrove to build their homes.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
Fiestas and Traditions of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
Over 97% of the population of Arena Blanco are Muslims and therefore the barangay does not celebrate fiesta. Instead once a year during Hari Raya, the barangay celebrates.
Your Story about Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
You story about Arena Blanco
Families of Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City
You can create your own Family page and we can help you. We have a large Database of Names.
Arena Blaco, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Arena Blanco original name derive from Sama language "UMUS POTE" White Sand was founded Spanish era.According to my great grandfather Panglima Amsiludding Atti(known as Hj Basir) first cousin of Hj Abdulsalam Maya and ruling the Arena Blanco since founded.Until Present my clan still strong holding a Politic dynasty same as Maya Family (known as now Abdulhussin And Sulayman )..
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Arena Blanco.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Arena Blanco Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Arena Blanco Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.