Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of Aurora, in the Zamboanga del Sur Province, Philippines
Acad • Alang-alang • Alegria • Anonang • Bagong Mandaue • Bagong Maslog • Bagong Oslob • Bagong Pitogo • Baki • Balas • Balide • Balintawak • Bayabas • Bemposa • Cabilinan • Campo Uno • Ceboneg • Commonwealth • Gubaan • Inasagan • Inroad • Kahayagan East • Kahayagan West • Kauswagan • La Paz • La Victoria • Lantungan • Libertad • Lintugop • Lubid • Maguikay • Mahayahay • Monte Alegre • Montela • Napo • Panaghiusa • Poblacion • Resthouse • Romarate • San Jose • San Juan • Sapa Loboc • Tagulalo • Waterfall
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
Municipalities in the Zamboanga Del Sur Province within Region IX in Republic of The Philippines
Aurora • Bayog • Dimataling • Dinas • Dumalinao • Dumingag • Guipos • Josefina • Kumalarang • Labangan • Lakewood • Lapuyan • Mahayag • Margosatubig • Midsalip • Molave • Pitogo • Ramon Magsaysay • San Miguel • San Pablo • Sominot • Tabina • Tambulig • Tigbao • Tukuran • Vincenzo A. Sagun
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
Seal of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur|
Aurora within Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga del Sur Map Locator
Municipality Hall of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur
- Aurora has a total of 44 barangays
- Registered Voters of Aurora as of (2010) = 25,262
- Aurora is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga del Sur
- Population of Aurora (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 47,177
- Land Area of Aurora (as of 2007, in hectares) = 18,095
- Aurora is a 2nd class municipality and Partially Urban.
- Aurora is in the Zamboanga del Sur province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Aurora Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 18,095
Location of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Aurora is in the Zamboanga del Sur province.
- Zamboanga del Sur is within Region IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The beginning of Aurora
People of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Aurora Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 47,177
- Aurora Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 25,262
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Aurora: Boen Dorotheo Rosauro Cabahug - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Aurora: Emmanuel "Jojo" Lumansoc Palma II - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of Aurora:
- CABAHUG, BONIMAR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9605 7.08%
- ZANORIA, LEO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 8847 6.52%
- TIGUE, TITING (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8840 6.52%
- LAGARE, MATIAS (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 8807 6.49%
- GODOY, ALLAN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 8738 6.44%
- MAYOL, TEDDY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8719 6.43%
- ENRIQUEZ, ADONIS (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8710 6.42%
- CABAHUG, BONING (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8591 6.33%
- Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Aurora: Enrique Judilla Cabahug Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Aurora: Emmanuel Lumansoc Palma II
- Councilors of Aurora:
Barangay Elected Officials of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur
Businesses in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Aurora. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Aurora
- Auto, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, and Financial Institutions in Aurora
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Medical Supplies or Drug Stores
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses. Boarding houses, and Resorts
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops in Aurora
- Salons, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Aurora, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your school in Aurora can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Aurora you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Aurora, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Aurora Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Aurora Zamboanga del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Aurora in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Aurora. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Aurora landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Aurora.
Your Story about Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about Aurora. You can talk about the good things in Aurora or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Aurora. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Aurora? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Aurora.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Aurora Zamboanga del Sur Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.