Aurora Province, Philippines
Official Seal of Aurora province
Aurora province within the Philippines
Provincial Capitol of the Aurora Province
Ditumabo Falls, Ditumabo, San Luis, Aurora
Aurora Province, Philippines
- Aurora has a total of 151 barangays, 8 municipalites, and 0 cities
- Registered Voters of Aurora as of (2010) = 97,430
- Population (as of May 1, 2010): 201,233
- Land Area of Aurora (as of 2007, in hectares) = 314,732
- Aurora is a 3rd class province.
- The province of Aurora is within Region III in the Luzon - Central Luzon
- The capital of Aurora is the municipality of Baler.
Aurora is a long. narrow strip of land that covers a portion of the Sierra Madre mountain range. More than half of the area has either steep to very steep slopes. Only 14% of the territory is flat land. The climate is characterized by rainfall which is more or less evenly distributed throughout the year. Because the province faces the Pacific Ocean, it is regularly battered by typhoons coming from the east.
Aurora is the northernmost province of the Southern Tagalog region. It is bounded on the north by Isabela, on the east by the Pacific Ocean, on the west by Quirino, Nueva Viscaya, and Nueva Eicja, and on the south by Quezon.
The province was named after President Manuel L. Quezon's wife, Aurora. Quezon, the first president of the Philippine Commonwealth, was born in Baler. Aurora was first explored by Juan de Salcedo in 1571, when he reached Casiguran and Baler from Laguna. In 1609, a Franciscan mission was founded in Baler.
Location of Aurora, Philippines
- 15.8833° N, 121.5500° E - Aurora, Coordinates
History of the province of Aurora
In 1735, Baler was destroyed by a tidal wave from the Pacific Ocean. The surviving inhabitants decided to move to higher ground. In 1814, the village of Bondo was founded away from the coast. Baler was a part of Nueva Ecija until 1902, when it was ceded to Tayabas, the former name of Quezon province.
During the Commonwealth period, when President Quezon unexpectedly visited Bondo, he named it Aurora in honor of his wife. In 1951, municipalities now comprising the province were organized into Aurora sub-province of what had then become Quezon. The municipality of Aurora was changed to Maria Aurora. On August 13, 1979 Aurora became a separate province by virtue of Batas Pambansa No. 7
- infomation by: Roberto C. Arellano
People of Aurora, Philippines
- Registered Voters as of (2010): 97,430
- Population (as of May 1, 2010): 201,233
- Population of Aurora (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 187,802
- Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Aurora: Gerardo Angala Noveras
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Aurora: ANGARA, ROMMEL RICO
- House Representative of Aurora:Bellaflor Angara Castillo
- Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Aurora: Bellaflor Angara Castillo
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Aurora: Gerardo Angala Noveras
- House Representative of Aurora:Juan Edgardo Manalang Angara
- Provincial Board Members of Aurora:
- Elected officials of Aurora for the term of 2007-2010
Businesses in Aurora, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Aurora, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Aurora, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Aurora here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Aurora here.
- List the Methodist churches in Aurora here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Aurora here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Aurora here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Aurora here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Aurora here.
- List the Baptist churches in Aurora here.
Schools in Aurora, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Aurora can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Aurora, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Aurora you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Aurora, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Aurora, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Aurora Philippines" page.
Natural Resources of Aurora, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Aurora, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Aurora in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Aurora. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Aurora landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Aurora, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Aurora.
- EU to enhance trade relations with Phl
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:33 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - European Union (EU) countries are open to raise trade relationships with the Philippines through the Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) and the Philippines Customs and Tariff Act.
- If approved, there would be a full removal of tariffs on 2/3 of Philippine products that will be exported to the EU. Tariff costs would be reduced as much as 15 percent, which would help in solving the port congestion in Manila ........................ Full Story»
- Italian gov't gives P2.5B in agricultural support to Philippines
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:14 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The Italian government has given the Philippines over P2 billion in support for agricultural families in Mindanao, an official of the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) said.
- Italian Assistance to the Agrarian Reform Community Development Support Program Project Manager Pabil Marohomsalic said the P2.5 billion fund will benefit more than 53,000 families of farmers in Southern Philippines ........................ Full Story»
- Fil-Am bags Asian speed skating bronze
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Kathryn Victory Magno flashed superb form and finished behind a pair of South Korean aces to capture the bronze medal in the Asian Open Short Track Speed Skating Trophy at the SM Skating Rink at SM Megamall’s Mega Fashion Hall recently.
- Magno, the lone Philippine entry in the event held for the first time in the country, actually showed up the 71-skater field in the early going but the 24-year-old Fil-Am and former national figure skater settled for third in three minutes and six seconds .............................. Full Story»
DOLE awards P1.9M worth of livelihood assistance in Aurora and Pampanga
- Source: http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?menu=2&webregion=R03&article=561336288671
- By: Carlo Lorenzo J. Datu
- Monday, May 07, 2012
CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga- The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) awarded on Labor Day a total of P1.9 million livelihood grants to around 1,200 groups and individuals in Aurora and Pampanga.
The ceremonial awarding was held in SM City Pampanga wherein P1 million was given to Aurora residents while the remaining P900,000 to Kapampangans.
DOLE regional information officer Jerry Borja disclosed that the recipients, consisting of union members, ambulant vendors and persons with disabilities, are now beneficiaries of their Negosyo sa Kariton (Nego-Kart), Kabuhayan starter kits, and Workers Income Augmentation (WIN-AP) programs as well as other livelihood projects.
Under the Nego-Kart, each beneficiary receives a vending cart, livelihood tools, and raw materials amounting to P15,000.
On the other hand, starter kits, which contain tools and materials that allow recipients to engage in various roving businesses such as massage, plumbing, cosmetology, appliance repair, upholstery, rag making, embutido making, hair dressing, and manicure/pedicure are also included.
Apart from the karts and kits, beneficiaries in these programs are also given trainings on entrepreneurship and business management.
Their respective local government units also provide their counterpart assistances in the form of additional tools and trainings and initial payment of their Social Security System (SSS) and Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) premiums.
Moreover, WIN-AP assists worker’s unions in the private sector in engaging business to augment their family income.
Borja added that “WIN-AP not only benefits the union members financially through dividend-sharing but it likewise provides employment to their relatives and easy affordable payment schemes in the form of salary deduction.”
In a statement, DOLE Regional director Raymundo Agravante said that their mandate “do not stop in facilitating job opportunities alone, but rather, we are opening more opportunities by empowering each Filipino worker to venture into entrepreneurship through our integrated livelihood programs to improve their lives.”
Aurora Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by Municipality/City or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
Aurora, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Aurora.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Aurora, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Aurora Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.