Baganga Davao Oriental Philippines
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Davao Oriental province within Region XI in the Repulbic of The Philippines
Baganga || Banaybanay || Boston || Caraga || Cateel || Governor Generoso || Lupon || Manay || San Isidro || Tarragona
Cities in Davao Oriental: Mati City(Capital)
please upload picture
Baganga within the province of Davao Oriental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Davao Oriental Province|
Location of Davao Oriental within The Philippines
Baganga Municipal Hall
please upload picture
- Baganga has a total of 18 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Baganga as of (2010) = 29,684
- Baganga is in the "1st" Voting Congressional District of Davao Oriental.
- Population of Baganga (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 48,355
- Land Area of Baganga (as of 2007, in hectares) = 94,550
- Baganga is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Baganga is in the Davao Oriental province and within Region XI–Davao Region in the island of mindanao
Geography of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Baganga Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)=
Location of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Baganga is in the Davao Oriental province in the island of mindanao
- Davao Oriental is within Region_XI
History of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The beginning of Baganga
People of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Baganga Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) =
- Baganga Registered Voters (2009) =
Local Government Unit LGU of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Baganga for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Baganga: MONDAY, ARTURO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Baganga: OLEA, RAMONA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Baganga:
- MORALES, GERRY INDEPENDENT 7453 7.08%
- MONDAY, JO-ANN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 7201 6.84%
- LAYUPAN, MODESTO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 6693 6.36%
- MANGUIOB, JAYFFREY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 6528 6.20%
- MANGUI-OB, PASTOR POYONG (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 6236 5.93%
- PASIC, MAJENCIO INDEPENDENT 6039 5.74%
- MORALES , ISAGANI SR. (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 5864 5.57%
- BAJA, ANTHONY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 5857 5.57%
- Elected officials of Baganga for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Baganga: Remigio Garcia Nazareno
- Vice-Mayor of Baganga: Arturo Castillo Monday
- Councilors of Baganga:
Barangay Elected Officials of Baganga, Davao Oriental
Businesses in Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Baganga.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Baganga
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Sports News of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Baganga? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Baganga? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Baganga.
- Wushu bet Daniel Parantac gives PH first medal in Asian Games
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:35 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines finally barged into the medal tally of the 17th Asian Games in Incheon, South Korea with wushu bet Daniel Parantac bagging the silver medal in the men’s tajiquan event Tuesday.
- Parantac, a Southeast Asian gold medalist in the same event, wound up with a score of 9.68 — a close second to Zhouli Chen of China, who registered a 9.78 ............................. Full Story»
News and Events
- Among Asians, Filipinos trust US the most - survey
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:03 am
- MANILA, Philippines — The United States has an ally in the Philippines, where an overwhelming majority sees it favorably at 92 percent—the highest among surveyed Asian countries.
- Bruce Stokes, stated in a presentation delivered last weekend and posted online, cited a survey by US-based think tank Pew Research Center and noted that only 6 percent of Filipinos were found to have an "unfavorable" view of the US within the survey period ........................ Full Story»
- President Aquino to promote Philippine manufacturing sector in the US
- Monday, September 22, 2014
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, Sept. 22 -- President Benigno S. Aquino III will promote the country's manufacturing sector when he delivers messages at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University here in Massachusetts and at Columbia University in New York, Ambassador Jose Cuisia said.
- "As you know, we’re trying to promote the manufacturing sector," Ambassador Cuisia said in an interview here on Saturday (Boston time) ........................ Full Story»
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Baganga, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your school in Baganga can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Baganga you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Baganga, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Baganga in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Baganga. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Baganga landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Baganga.
Your Story about Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Tell your story about Baganga. You can talk about the good things in Baganga or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Baganga. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Baganga, Davao Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Pictures of Baganga
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.