Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
Barangays of Balabac in the Palawan province of the Philippines
Agutayan • Bancalaan • Bugsuk (New Cagayancillo) • Catagupan • Indalawan • Malaking Ilog • Mangsee • Melville • Pandanan • Pasig • Poblacion I • Poblacion II • Poblacion III • Poblacion IV • Poblacion V • Poblacion VI • Rabor • Ramos • Salang • Sebaring
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities of Palawan Province within Region IV-B in the Republic of The Philippines
Aborlan | Agutaya | Araceli | Balabac | Bataraza | Brooke's Point | Busuanga | Cagayancillo | Coron | Culion | Cuyo | Dumaran | El Nido | Kalayaan | Linapacan | Magsaysay | Narra | Quezon | Rizal | Roxas | San Vicente | Sofronio Española | Taytay
Cities in the Province of Palawan: Puerto Princesa City (Capital)
Seal of Balabac
Please upload Picture
Map locator of Balabac within the Island of Palawan
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Palawan Province, Philippines|
Map locator of Palawan
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Municipality Hall of Balabac
Please upload Picture
Geography of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
Balabac Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 58,160
Location of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
History of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
The beginning of Balabac
People of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
- Balabac Population (as of May 1, 2010 Census) = 35,758
- Balabac Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 29,622
- Balabac Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 17,158
Elected Government Officials of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Balabac for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Balabac: ASTAMI, SHUAIB (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN
- Vice-Mayor of Balabac: MOHAMMAD-AIN, RUDY (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN
- Councilors of Balabac:
- KIBAD, SEDDICK (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN 3970 9.43%
- ASTAMI, FAISAL INDEPENDENT 3930 9.34%
- MONTONG, SAMSIE (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN 3379 8.03%
- KALIM, ABDULHIZAM (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN 3237 7.69%
- JANABBIL, MAD-YUSOP (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3152 7.49%
- RODRIGUEZ, ALANBEN (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN 3073 7.30%
- ASTAMI, RONALD (PPP) PARTIDONG PAGBABAGO NG PALAWAN 3072 7.30%
- DINGCOHONG, RAMONA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2751 6.54%
- Elected officials of Balabac for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Balabac: Shuaib Juaini Astami
- Vice-Mayor of Balabac: Rudy Abdulla Mohammad-Ain
- Councilors of Balabac:
Barangays Elected Officials of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
Businesses in Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Sports News of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Balabac? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Balabac? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Balabac.
- Ringia, Novis bag net titles
- Friday, May 29, 2015 12:01 am
- LOCAL ace Janus Ringia and Ma. Angelica Novis posted a victory and a runner-up finish in their respective sides as they led the winners In the Palawan Pawnshop Regional age-group tennis tournament Koronadal leg at the Koronadal Sports Complex in South Cotabato yesterday.
- The third seeded Ringia stopped upset-conscious Jonrich Colina, 6-0, 6-1, in the semis then thwarted Fourth Bagaforo, 6-2, 7-5, in the finals to capture the boys’ 18-and-under crown in the four-day, Group 3 tournament sponsored by Palawan Pawnshop and hosted by Gov. Daisy Avance-Fuentes ................................. Full Story»
News and Events
- PH electronics imports up 14% in 1st quarter
- Friday, May 29, 2015 12:30 am
- The Philippines imported $4.38 billion worth of electronic goods during the first quarter—a jump of 14 percent year-on-year, according to the Semiconductor and Electronics Industry of the Philippines Inc. (Seipi).
- The increase was driven by the double-digit rise in the values of five out of nine inbound products monitored, Seipi president Danilo Lachica said Thursday ......................... Full Story»
- DOST-ICTO targets 500 startups in the Philippines by 2018
- Thursday, May 28, 2015
- FIVE hundred startups in the Philippines in 2018.
- This is the “ambitious but doable” goal of the Department of Science and Technology Information and Communications Office, said Rick Amores, DOST-ICTO Visayas Cluster 1 Director, under the National Startup Roadmap which is eyed to be published within the year ......................... Full Story»
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Balabac, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Balabac can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Balabac you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Balabac, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Balabac in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Balabac. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Balabac landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Balabac.
Your Story about Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Balabac, Palawan, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Balabac. Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Balabac. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Balabac, Palawan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Balabac.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Balabac, Palawan Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Palawan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Balabac, Palawan, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.