Baler, Aurora, Philippines
Barangays of Baler, in the Aurora Province of The Philippines
Barangay I (Pob.) • Barangay II (Pob.) • Barangay III (Pob.) • Barangay IV (Pob.) • Barangay V (Pob.) • Buhangin • Calabuanan • Obligacion • Pingit • Reserva • Sabang • Suclayin • Zabali
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
Seal of Baler, Aurora
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Baler, Aurora|
Aurora province within the Philippines
Baler Municipal Hall
Welcome Arch to Baler Aurora
- Baler has a total of 13 barangays
- Registered Voters of Baler as of (2010) = 18,078
- Baler is in the "LONE" Voting Congressional District of Aurora.
- Population of Baler (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 34,492
- Land Area of Baler (as of 2007, in hectares) = 9,255
- Baler is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Baler is in the Aurora province and within Region III - in the east/Central part of the island of luzon.
- The municipality of Baler is the capital of the province of Aurora.
Geography of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
Baler Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)=
Location of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
History of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
The Province of Aurora, with Baler as its capital, was founded by President Ferdinand E. Marcos in August 13, 1979 by virtue of Batas Bambansa Blg. 7. This act was the fulfillment of the prayers of the people of the former Municipalities of Baler and Casiguran to be truly independent from the Province of Quezon for the first time since the Spanish occupation.
In 1572, the Spanish explorer Juan de Salcedo became the first European to visit the region that would be known as Aurora while he was exploring the northern coast of Luzon. Salcedo reportedly visited the towns of Casiguran, Baler and Infanta.
In the early days of the Spanish colonial period, Aurora was ecclesiastically linked to Infanta, which today rests further south in the Province of Quezon. The earliest missionaries in the province were the Franciscans, who had established missions in Baler and Casiguran in 1609. Due to lack of available personnel, the region was given to the jurisdiction of the Agustinians and Recollects in 1658, but was returned to the Friars Minor in 1703. Other early missions included Dipaculao, established in 1719, and Casiguran, in 1753.
The early history of Aurora is linked to Quezon Province, of which it originally formed a part, and Nueva Ecija. In 1591, Quezon (then named Kalilaya) was organized into a district that included a good portion of what now constitutes the Provinces of Laguna and Nueva Ecija.
The original capital of Quezon was Kalilaya, now known as Unisan. In 1701, Nueva Ecija was split from Kalilaya Province. Around 1749, the provincial capital was transferred from Kalilaya to the town of Tayabas. The entire province then took on the name of Tayabas as well. (source verbatim from: http://www.aurora.ph/)
People of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
- Baler Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) =
- Baler Registered Voters (2010 COMELEC) =
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government officials of Baler for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor: Nelianto "Pilot" Carrasco Bihasa
- Vice-Mayor: Karen Gonzales Angara
- VALENZUELA, PANDUS (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 7750 8.68%
- Danilo Montes Ong NACIONALISTA PARTY 6250 7.00%
- Gina Trinidad Ritual LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO 5708 6.39%
- Noel Paulo Go NACIONALISTA PARTY 5532 6.19%
- Reynaldo Esteban Mapindan LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO 5501 6.16%
- AGAPITO, GINA (LDP) LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO 4830 5.41%
- TROPICALES, AITOC (LDP) LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO 4316 4.83%
- FERAREN, NANDY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4222 4.73%
- Elected Government officials of Baler for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Arturo Javier Angara
- Vice-Mayor: Nelianto Carrasco Bihasa
Barangay Elected Officials of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
Businesses in Baler, Aurora, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Baler.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Baler
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Baler, Aurora, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Baler, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings in Z-Realty.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Baler, Aurora, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Baler, Aurora, Philippines
The name of your school in Baler can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Baler you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Baler, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Baler, Aurora, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Baler, Aurora" page.
Natural Resources of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Baler in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Baler. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Baler landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Baler.
Baler, Aurora, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Your Story about Baler, Aurora, Philippines
Tell your story about Baler. You can talk about the good things in Baler or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Baler. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Baler, Aurora, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Baler? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Sports News of Baler, Aurora, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Baler? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Baler? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Baler.
- Philippines thrashes Myanmar in SEA Games hoops
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:12 pm
- MANILA, Philippines—Sinag Pilipinas thrashed Myanmar, 118-43, Thursday for to its third win in the 27th Southeast Asian Games at Zayar Thiri Stadium in Myanmar.
- After the Filipinos’ spotty win over Singapore last Monday, their game has picked up and they’re looking more dominant than ever as they gun for a gold medal repeat...............Full Story»
News and Events
- New investments from Japan seen
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:00 am
- TOKYO — The Philippines foresees new investments from Japan in the near future, especially with the adoption of Japan’s standard for digital television, Philippine Ambassador to Japan Manuel Lopez said Tuesday.
- Lopez said some Japanese companies would likely set up shop in the Philippines to produce equipment like set-top boxes.........Full Story»
- P239-M in housing aid for Yolanda Victims released
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- MANILA, Dec. 11 -- Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad has released P238.6 million to the National Housing Authority (NHA) to support the Housing Materials Assistance (HOMA) to victims of Typhoon Yolanda under the agency’s Emergency Housing Assistance for Calamity Victims Program (EHACVP).
- The release—sourced from Budgetary Support to Government Corporations under the 2013 National Budget—is part of a larger P350-million rollout for the EHACVP, a nationwide program designed to respond to the permanent housing needs of low- and marginal-income families and informal settlers affected by calamities, including typhoons, landslides, earthquakes, and fires, DBM said in a statement.........Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki Baler, Aurora
We want to give the people of Baler the ability to promote their city to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Baler is not depentent upon one individaul. This website will grow as more people of Baler participate and provide valid information about the city and also by providing pictures about the city. More power to Baler.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Baler.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Baler, Aurora Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Aurora, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Baler, Aurora, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.