Baliwasan Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City within Region 9 - Mindanao in the Republic of The Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zamboanga City, Philippines|
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Baliwasan Barangay Hall. Located at the intersection of San Jose Rd. and Camins Rd. across the street from the Shell Gas Station.
Missionary dominican sisters baliwasan
Baliwasan 10 05 13 after the rain
Baliwasan, Zamboanga City, Philippines
Location of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
The barangay of Baliwasan is a seaside barangay on the west coast. It's about 3.5 kilometers from downtown.
History of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
Before the Spaniards came, there were four Subanun brothers living in the area of what is now Zamboanga City. They were: Tubunaway, Dumulalandan, Sumolidlid and Idsak.
When the Spaniards came, brothers Tubunaway, Dumulalandan and Sumolidlid left for other parts of Mindanao.
Brother Idsak remained and resided in Tetuan. One of his sons, named Liwasan and his followers took up residence in an area that is now known as Baliwasan.
Descendants of Idsak and his children and their followers spread out along the west coast of Zamboanga where the Subanun presence can still be noticed.
People of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
- Baliwasan is an Urban barangay with a population of 27,070 as of the 2010 census.
As of 2000 Census:
- Total Population: 19,763
- Number of Household: 3,650
Elected Government Officials of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
- Elected Officials of Baliwasan for the term of 2013-2016
- Punong Barangay Chairman/Captain : Cabato, Marxander Jaime Natividad
- Barangay Kagawad Cabato, Ma. Jamiely Czarina Natividad
- Barangay Kagawad Arabani, Benhar Totoh
- Barangay Kagawad Ducay, Eric Ledesma
- Barangay Kagawad Uro, Edson Carido
- Barangay Kagawad Ismael, Annual Sadat Ambula
- Barangay Kagawad Pioquinto, Rodel Toribio
- Barangay Kagawad Meriam Makapuji Akari
- Elected Officials of Baliwasan for the term of 2010-2013
- Baliwasan, Barangay Chairman, Marxander Jaime N. Cabato
- Baliwasan, Kagawad 1, Ma. Jamiely Czarina N. Cabato
- Baliwasan, Kagawad 2, Rodel T. Pioquinto
- Baliwasan, Kagawad 3, Ma. Socorro M. Baguio
- Baliwasan, Kagawad 4, Ramon A. Fernando Jr.
- Baliwasan, Kagawad 5, Edson C. Uro
- Baliwasan, Kagawad 6, Annual Sadat A. Ismael
- Baliwasan, Kagawad 7, Raymund S. Ledesma
- Baliwasan, SK Chairman, Czarina Clarice B. Cabato
Businesses in Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
- Take a picture of your Business in Baliwasan. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Baliwasan
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Baliwasan
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Baliwasan
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate for Sale in Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property for sale in Baliwasan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Religions in Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
- Roman Catholic: About Fifty percent (50%)
- Muslim: Approximately 35%
Schools in Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
- Baliwasan Central School
- Western Mindanao State University - Integrated Laboratory School-Elementary Department
- Western Mindanao State University - Integrated Laboratory School- Secondary Department
- Zamboanga City National High School - West
- Philippine Islamic College
- Western Mindanao State University
- Zamboanga City Polytechnic State College
Economy of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Natural Resources of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
Write Story here
Fiestas and Traditions of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
Your Story about Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
I grew up here in Baliwasan Chico when there was still few houses along the Ates Drive and the only big sari-sari stores were the Macrohon's and the Apostol's. It used be a quite neighborhood and only few muslims people used to live in this area but now it's full of squatters and few zamboangueños.
- Submitted_by: Thirdy
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
My mother is originally from Baliwasan Seaside, she is JULIA LEDESMA (deceased), the daughter of EMilio Ortega Ledesma and Frisca San Luis, who has 7 brothers and sisters namely: Manuel (deceased), Abelino (deceased), Rosario, Leticia (deceased), Florante, Edgardo (deceased), Concepcion (deceased), JULIA WHO married to ISIDRO TRINIDAD TORIBIO, SR. from Mercedes, Zamboanga City, who is blessed with 11 children, namely; Celestina (cely), Isdro Jr.(deceased) (Jun), Jorge (Boy), Esther (Terry), Irene (Nenie), Benjamin (Ben),Edelwina (Dhedie), Ludivina (deceased) (Lulu), Luvizminda (Mindy), Marilen (deceased)(Merlen), Arlene, who is a rsidence of Baliwasan since birth...Cely married to +Renato Ilagan and has blessed with 5 children: Jojie, Dinah, Allan, John, Maylene. Jorge married to MAricar Fernando and blessed with 4 children: Joeffrey,Joy, Ann, July.,Esther married to Roger Alvarez and blessed with 5 children: Rowel, Babydoll, Gay, Bebeth, JR. +Ludivina married to Reinerio Cirilo and blessed with 2 children: Lureine and Dimple, Luvizminda married to Ernesto Iglesias and blessed with 3 children: Mervin(Vin), Claire (Wella) and Emie.,+Marilen married to Bong Bungar and blessed with 1 child: Mark and Arlene married to Bong Cañizares and blessed with 1 daughter: Julienne... We are so blessed because are family are very close to each other and the brothers and sisters are colse also with each other and helping one another. We also as cousins we are really happy when we meet each other because we have fun with each other and e are very close to each other...thats all we can say about our family,. the TORIBIO's FAMILY...
Families of Baliwasan, Zamboanga City
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Baliwasan.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE
Baliwasan, Zamboanga City supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Baliwasan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Baliwasan Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Baliwasan Zamboanga City Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.