Banaybanay Davao Oriental Philippines
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Davao Oriental province within Region XI in the Repulbic of The Philippines
Baganga || Banaybanay || Boston || Caraga || Cateel || Governor Generoso || Lupon || Manay || San Isidro || Tarragona
Cities in Davao Oriental: Mati City(Capital)
Banaybanay within the province of Davao Oriental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Davao Oriental Province|
Location of Davao Oriental within The Philippines
Banaybanay Municipal Hall
please upload picture
- Banaybanay has a total of 14 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Banaybanay as of (2010) = 19,221
- Banaybanay is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Davao Oriental.
- Population of Banaybanay (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 35,693
- Land Area of Banaybanay (as of 2007, in hectares) = 40,852
- Banaybanay is a 2nd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Banaybanay is in the Davao Oriental province and within Region XI–Davao Region in the island of mindanao
Geography of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Banaybanay Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)=
Location of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Banaybanay is in the Davao Oriental province in the island of mindanao
- Davao Oriental is within Region_XI
History of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The beginning of Banaybanay
People of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Banaybanay Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) =
- Banaybanay Registered Voters (2009) =
Local Government Unit LGU of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Banaybanay for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Banaybanay: LARCIA, LEMUEL IAN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Banaybanay: TEVES, LIEZEL (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Banaybanay:
- ALINGALAN, FLONG (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 3317 10.04%
- GEOLLEGUE, EVA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2901 8.78%
- LADRA, CHE-CHE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2740 8.29%
- GARCIA, MARCENIO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2416 7.31%
- PAPACOY, RUBEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2072 6.27%
- CAMINERO, VICENTE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2065 6.25%
- CORDOVA, AMELITO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1985 6.01%
- ABAD, AVELINO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1933 5.85%
- Elected officials of Banaybanay for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Banaybanay: Pedro Tubio Mejos
- Vice-Mayor of Banaybanay: Glicerio Ulanolan Patricio Jr.
- Councilors of Banaybanay:
Barangay Elected Officials of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental
Businesses in Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Banaybanay. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Banaybanay
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Banaybanay
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Banaybanay
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Sports News of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Banaybanay? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Banaybanay? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Banaybanay.
- R.O.X. hosts national rock climbing competition
- Sunday, March 9, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Dubbed as the Philippines top outdoor hub, Recreational Outdoor exchange (R.O.X) has forged a strong bond between the outdoor community with its well-thought out selection of world-class brands. Beyond that, R.O.X. has shown a genuine desire to uplift and nurture the community through its countless advocacies that promote the outdoors and projects that aim to increase environmental conservation awareness.
- Following its succees in the first two editions, R.O.X. gears up for the third leg of the National Bouldering Competition slated March 22-23 at the Ampitheater, Bonifacio High Street .................... Full Story»
News and Events
- Phl attempts world’s largest human woman symbol
- Sunday, March 9, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - A total of 10,168 men and women assembled in Rizal Park’s open field early yesterday to achieve one goal – to set a Guinness world record for the largest human woman symbol.
- Organizers of the event – Coca-Cola Philippines and the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) – said that while they still have to submit documents, photographs and video footage of the event to the Guinness office in London, they are optimistic that they have set a new global record ..................... Full Story»
- Phl joins celebration of International Women's Day
- Sunday, March 8, 2014 6:32 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Malacañang on Saturday recognized the contribution of Filipino women to nation-building as the Philippines joins the global celebration of the International Women's Day.
- "Ngayon taon, kinikilala natin ang kababaihang Pilipina na naging katalista ng pagbabago at nagpapakita ng kakaibang tapang, katatagan, kalinga at pagmamahal sa kani-kanilang pamilya at pamayanan sa gitna ng unos at trahedya na puminsala sa ating bansa noong nakaraang taon," said Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. in a report by the state news agency ..................... Full Story»
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Banaybanay, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your school in Banaybanay can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Banaybanay you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Banaybanay, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Banaybanay in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Banaybanay. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Banaybanay landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Banaybanay.
Your Story about Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Tell your story about Banaybanay. You can talk about the good things in Banaybanay or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Banaybanay. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Banaybanay, Davao Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Banaybanay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Banaybanay, Davao Oriental Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Davao Oriental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Banaybanay Davao Oriental Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.