Banton, Romblon, Philippines
Barangays of Banton in the Romblon Province of The Philippines
Balogo • Banice • Hambi-an • Lagang • Libtong • Mainit • Nabalay • Nasunogan • Poblacion • Sibay • Tan-Ag • Toctoc • Togbongan • Togong • Tumalum • Tungonan • Yabawon
List of Municipalities in the Romblon Province within Region IV-B in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara | Banton | Cajidiocan | Calatrava | Concepcion | Corcuera | Ferrol | Looc | Magdiwang | Odiongan | Romblon (Capital) | San Agustin | San Andres | San Fernando | San Jose | Santa Fe | Santa Maria
Cities in the Province of Romblon: NONE
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Official Seal of Banton, Romblon
Please upload image
Banton within the Romblon province
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Romblon|
Romblon Province within The Philippines
Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Municipality Hall of Banton, Romblon
Please upload image
Romblon Province, Philippines
Home of world class diving sites, hot springs and mysterious caves. "Banton Island is one of the world-class diving sites in the region. It is also a consistent awardee in the government's Clean & Green Program for it's beauty and maintained cleanliness"
History and nature culminates in Banton, Romblon. Caves and beaches please the stressed while forts. Libraries and museums satisfy the curious mind. The waters that surround the island are great areas for diving
Banton has a total land area of 3,244,654 hectares including the uninhabited islands of La Carlota, Isabela and Bantoncillo, Located in the northern most part of the province, this island is covered by Volcanic rocks. The soil type in Banton is Zamboangia sandy loam.
Geography of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
Geography of Banton
Location of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
Banton is located ....
History of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
The beginning of Banton
People of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
Total Population of Banton
Local Government Unit LGU of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Banton for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Banton: FADERANGA, JORY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Banton: FAZ, MULO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Banton:
- FEGALAN, LOI (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 366 7.64%
- FAMADICO, JEFF (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 315 6.58%
- FLORES, PATRICIO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 314 6.56%
- FAMILARA, BORON INDEPENDENT 309 6.45%
- FABONAN, PERFING INDEPENDENT 287 5.99%
- FABELLON, PERSHING INDEPENDENT 283 5.91%
- FETALVERO, LANDOY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 281 5.87%
- FONTE, BOY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 281 5.87%
- Elected officials of Banton for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Banton: Jory Fadri Faderanga
- Vice-Mayor of Banton: Romulo Fadrilan Faz Sr.
- Councilors of Banton:
Barangay Elected Officials of Banton, Romblon
Businesses in Banton, Romblon, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Banton, Romblon, Philippines
- If you have real estate property for sale in Banton, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Banton, Romblon, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Banton, Romblon, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Banton can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Banton you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Banton, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Banton in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Banton. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction. Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Banton landmarks here.
The caves and the museums give the tourists a healthy dose of nature and intellect.
GUYANGAN CAVE – Trek the burial caves where some of national treasures were excavated. It is believed to be the site of ancient burial ceremonies and source of the “Ikat” or “Banton Burial Cloth” considered the oldest in Southeast Asia. Centuries old coffins, made of hallowed-out logs and ancient artworks, which have been discovered in 1936 in these caves.
FORT SAN NICOLAS – Visit one of the oldest bastions of Christianity in Romblon, the san Nicolas Church and its fort, built by the famous Recollect friar Fr. Agustin San Pedro, otherwise known as El Padre Capitan, in 1621. This Intramuros of Banton served as the local folks shelter from the Moro raids.
FABELLA LIBRARY – One of the oldest houses in the island built during the Spanish regime. It served as the home of Faustino Fabella, Sr., one of the most illustrious sons of Banton High School, the earliest high school outside the provincial capital.
TOGBONGAN ROCKY BEACH – This long beach of stones and rocks provides a different experience. It is beside of one of the diving areas around the islands. One can take to climb the Silak Cave.
THE UGAT-FAIGAO MUSEUM – Home of Banton's social and cultural heritage. The house itself, one of the oldest in Banton, is a historical heritage. This Spanish house of limestone and hardwood served as home of Rufo Faigao, the first Municipal President of Banton, and Cornelio Faigao, a well-known Bantoanon poet.
THE MUSEUM TO TREASURE – National treasures from Banton are now displayed in the national museum - the coffin and pictures of the ikat, the oldest burial cloth in Southeast Asia.
MACAT-ANG BEACH – A little paradise with golden fine sand, hot springs and exquisite sunset.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Banton, Romblon, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Banton.
Your Story about Banton, Romblon, Philippines
Tell your story about Banton. You can talk about the good things in Banton or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Banton. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Banton.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Banton, Romblon, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Romblon, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Banton, Romblon, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.