Barangay 688, Malate Manila, Philippines
57 Barangays in Malate of District Five in Manila City Philippines
Barangay 688 • Barangay 689 • Barangay 690 • Barangay 691 • Barangay 692 • Barangay 693 • Barangay 694 • Barangay 695 • Barangay 696 • Barangay 697 • Barangay 698 • Barangay 699 • Barangay 700 • Barangay 701 • Barangay 702 • Barangay 703 • Barangay 704 • Barangay 705 • Barangay 706 • Barangay 707 • Barangay 708 • Barangay 709 • Barangay 710 • Barangay 711 • Barangay 712 • Barangay 713 • Barangay 714 • Barangay 715 • Barangay 716 • Barangay 717 • Barangay 718 • Barangay 719 • Barangay 720 • Barangay 721 • Barangay 722 • Barangay 723 • Barangay 724 • Barangay 725 • Barangay 726 • Barangay 727 • Barangay 728 • Barangay 729 • Barangay 730 • Barangay 731 • Barangay 732 • Barangay 733 • Barangay 734 • Barangay 735 • Barangay 736 • Barangay 737 • Barangay 738 • Barangay 739 • Barangay 740 • Barangay 741 • Barangay 742 • Barangay 743 • Barangay 744
Barangay 688 Barangay Seal Picture
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Manila City|
Barangay 688 Barangay Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time. Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Location of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
- Barangay 688 is one of the Barangays of Malate.
- Malate is in the City of Manila
- The City of Manila is in National Capital Region – Central Luzon.
History of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of Barangay 688
People of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
Total Population of Barangay 688
Elected Government Officials of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
- Elected Barangay 688 Officers for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Chairman (captain): ?
- SK Chairman: ?
- SK Kagawad:
- Secretary: ?
- Treasurer: ?
- We are inviting the SK Chairman to adopt this barangay page.
Businesses in Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Barangay 688.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We invite you to create your own business webpage in this wiki. Or you can start this way:
- Businesses in Barangay 688
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Barangay 688, you can list that property for FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The schools in Barangay 688
Economy of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Barangay 688, Malate you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Barangay 688, Malate, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Barangay 688, Malate. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Barangay 688. This will help boost the local economy of Barangay 688. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Barangay 688 landmarks here.
- Places to see in Barangay 688:
Fiestas and Traditions of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
Fiesta date of Barangay 688
Your Story about Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
Tell your story about Barangay 688. You can talk about the good things in Barangay 688 or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Barangay 688. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Barangay 688? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Barangay 688. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Barangay 688, Malate, Manila City, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Barangay 688? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Barangay 688? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Barangay 688.
- Pacquiao dangles P5M to first Filipino gold medalist in Olympics
- Thursday, July 3, 2015 7:41 pm
- The first Filipino gold medalist in Rio de Janeiro Olympics next year will also get a P5 million reward.
- The Saranggani representative and world boxing superstar made his pledge last night after turning over his memorabilia to the Philippine Sports Museum ................................ Full Story»
News and Events
- PH gets good grades in IMF fiscal transparency report
- Friday, July 3, 2015 3:47 am
- THE GOVERNMENT should take a longer view on planning its finances to promote transparency and assure investors of the continuity of projects, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said.
- In a new report, the IMF also urged Congress to push for vital reforms that would, among others, provide clearer rules in the state’s budgeting process, particularly in the use of politicized, lumped slush funds ........ Full Story»
- Philippines, EU eye free trade pact
- Thursday, July 2, 2015 12:00 am
- BALER, Aurora, Philippines – The European Union and the Philippines are exploring the possibility of forging a free trade agreement (FTA) beneficial to both Spain and its former colony, Spanish Ambassador Luis A. Calvo said here Tuesday.
- Speaking during the 13th Philippine-Spanish Friendship Day coinciding with the 116th anniversary of the historic “Siege of Baler at the Baler Church, Calvo said the EU and the Philippines are looking at the FTA similar to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations integrated economic zone ........ Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki Barangay 688, Malate?
We want to give the people of Barangay 688 the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Barangay 688 is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Barangay 688 participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Barangay 688.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Barangay 688.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Barangay 688, Malate Manila Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Malate, Manila City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Manila City, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Barangay 688, Malate Manila, Philippines]]