Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
Barangays (105) of Batangas City, in the Batangas Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Alangilan | Balagtas | Balete | Banaba Center | Banaba Kanluran | Banaba Silangan | Banaba Ibaba | Barangay 1 (Pob.) | Barangay 2 (Pob.) | Barangay 3 (Pob.) | Barangay 4 (Pob.) | Barangay 5 (Pob.) | Barangay 6 (Pob.) | Barangay 7 (Pob.) | Barangay 8 (Pob.) | Barangay 9 (Pob.) | Barangay 10 (Pob.) | Barangay 11 (Pob.) | Barangay 12 (Pob.) | Barangay 13 (Pob.) | Barangay 14 (Pob.) | Barangay 15 (Pob.) | Barangay 16 (Pob.) | Barangay 17 (Pob.) | Barangay 18 (Pob.) | Barangay 19 (Pob.) | Barangay 20 (Pob.) | Barangay 21 (Pob.) | Barangay 22 (Pob.) | Barangay 23 (Pob.) | Barangay 24 (Pob.) | Bilogo | Bolbok | Bukal | Calicanto | Catandala | Concepcion | Conde Itaas | Conde Labak | Cuta | Dalig | Dela Paz | Dela Paz Pulot Aplaya | Dela Paz Pulot Itaas | Dumuclay | Dumantay | Gulod Itaas | Gulod Labak | Haligue Kanluran | Haligue Silangan | Ilijan | Kumba | Kumintang Ibaba | Kumintang Ilaya | Libjo | Lobo | Liponpon Isla Verde | Maapas | Mabacong | Mahabang Dahilig | Mahabang Parang | Mahacot Kanluran | Mahacot Silangan | Malalim | Malibayo | Malitam | Maruclap | Pagkilatan | Paharang Kanluran | Paharang Silangan | Pallocan Silangan | Pallocan Kanluran | Pinamucan | Pinamucan Ibaba | Pinamucan Silangan | Sampaga | San Agapito Isla Verde | San Agustin Kanluran Isla Verde | San Agustin Silangan Isla Verde | San Andres Isla Verde | San Antonio Isla Verde | San Isidro | San Jose Sico | San Miguel | San Pedro | Santa Clara | Santa Rita Aplaya | Santa Rita Karsada | Santo Domingo | Santo Niño | Simlong | Sirang Lupa | Sorosoro Ibaba | Sorosoro Ilaya | Sorosoro Karsada | Tabangao Aplaya | Tabangao Ambulong | Tabangao Dao | Talahib Pandayan | Talahib Payapa | Talumpok Kanluran | Talumpok Silangan | Tinga Itaas | Tinga Labak | Tulo | Wawa
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- Batangas City is the capital and largest city in Batangas province. Batangas City is an important seaport and trade center for the province, which is a sugar-growing region. Silk and cotton fabrics and coconut oil are manufactured in the city.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Batangas Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Agoncillo | Alitagtag | Balayan | Balete | Bauan | Calaca | Calatagan | Cuenca | Ibaan | Laurel | Lemery | Lian | Lobo | Mabini | Malvar | Mataasnakahoy | Nasugbu | Padre Garcia | Rosario | San Jose | San Juan | San Luis | San Nicolas | San Pascual | Santa Teresita | Santo Tomas | Taal | Talisay | Taysan | Tingloy | Tuy
Cities in the province of Batangas: Batangas City (Capital) | Lipa City | Tanauan City
Seal of Batangas City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Batangas City, Philippines|
Location of Batangas City
Batangas Province, Philippines
City Hall of Batangas City
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Basilica Immaculada Conception Parish
Registry of Deeds Building in Batangas City
- Batangas City has a total of 105 barangays
- Registered Voters of Batangas City as of (2010) = 157,748
- Population of Batangas City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 295,231
- Land Area of Batangas City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 28,296
- Batangas City is a 1st class component city and Partially Urban.
- Batangas City is in the Batangas province and within Region_IV-A - Calabarzon in the island of luzon.
Batangas City is the capital and largest city in Batangas province. Batangas City is an important seaport and trade center for the province, which is a sugar-growing region. Silk and cotton fabrics and coconut oil are manufactured in the city. The batangas city is also the largest seaport in the CALABARZON region.
Location of Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
- 13.7500° N, 121.0500° E - Batangas City, Coordinates
- Batangas City is the capital city of the province of Batangas
- Batangas is within Region_IV-A and in the island of luzon
History of Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
Spanish missionaries first set foot in Batangas City in 1572. The settlement was founded in 1581 and named "Batangan" because of the numerous big logs that abounded the Calumpang River. The logs were called "batang" by the natives who settled near the river and called the settlement "Batangan". This name was modified and became Batangas in 1601. Don Agustin Casilao was appointed as the first Gobernadorcillo. Since 1754, the city has been the capital and administrative center of the province. Batangas became a city in 1969 through Republic Act. No. 5495.
People of Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
- Registered Voters (2010): 157,748
- Population (as of Aug 1, 2007): 295,231
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Elected government officials of Batangas City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Batangas City: Eduardo B. Dimacuha
- Vice-Mayor of Batangas City: BERBERABE, DOC JUN
- ALDOVER, GLENN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 66406 8.68%
- AMBIDA, CLAUDETTE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 64754 8.46%
- Hamilton Guinhawa Blanco LIBERAL PARTY 54519 7.12%
- MONTALBO, AILEEN GRACE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 51742 6.76%
- Sergie Rex Montales Atienza NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 50984 6.66%
- Armando Chavez Lazarte NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 49045 6.41%
- CRUZ, ALYSSA RENEE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 47529 6.21%
- Gerardo A. Dela Roca NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 47347 6.19%
- BALMES, KRISTINE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 46407 6.06%
- Julian B. Villena NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 44821 5.86%
Elected government officials of Batangas City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Vilma Abaya Dimacuha
- Vice-Mayor:Jose Virgilio Ylagan Tolentino
|• MAYOR||Hon. Eduardo B. Dimacuha|
|• VICE MAYOR||Hon. Jose Virgilio Ylagan Tolentino|
|• Councilors||Hon. Luisa F. Macaraig|
|Hon. Carmela H. Atienza|
|Hon. Nestor E. Dimacuha|
|Hon. Julian B. Villena|
|Hon. Ricardo A. Ambida|
|Hon. Renato C. Cruz|
|Hon. Eloisa Angela De Loyola Portugal|
|Hon. Manuel S. Aclan|
|Hon. Gerardo A. Dela Roca|
|Hon. Mario Vittorio Agregado Mariño|
Barangays Elected Officials of Batangas City, Batangas
Businesses in Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property for sale in Batangas City, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments FOR FREE.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Batangas City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Batangas City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Batangas City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Batangas City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Batangas City" page.
Natural Resources of Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Batangas City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Batangas City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Batangas City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Batangas City.
Your Story about Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Batangas City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Batangas City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Index continues climb, hits new high
- Saturday, March 28, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Philippine share prices soared anew yesterday, lifting the benchmark stock index to its 21st record close of the year even as most foreign stocks slumped.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) climbed 0.09 percent or 6.86 points to finish at a new all-time high of 7,877.96 ........................ Full Story»
- Share prices hit new record high
- Friday, March 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - After weeks of staying below the radar, the Philippine Stock Exchange index surged yesterday to another all-time high ahead of the Monetary Board’s policy setting meeting.
- The PSEi gained 0.44 percent or 34.76 points to zoom to its 20th record close for the year at 7,871.10 ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Amit banners Team East in Queen’s Cup
- Saturday, March 28, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Former world champion Rubilen Amit heads the crack Team East seeking a title repeat against Team West in the Queen’s Cup 10-ball championship set April 16-18 at Resorts World Manila’s The Plaza in Newport Mall.
- Amit will re-unite with South Korea’s Eunji Park, Taiwan’s Jennifer Chen and former world No. 1 Siming Chen of China as they gun for another victory against the West Team composed of USA’s Jennifer Barretta and Vivian Villareal, and Billiard Congress of America (BCA) Hall of Famers Ewa Laurance of Sweden and Northern Ireland’s Karen Corr .................................. Full Story»
Batangas City News
PIA Press Release
Thankful Batangueños vow "strong support" for PGMA
Batangas City (28 March 2008) -- The provincial government of Batangas has vowed its strong support for President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as it thanked the "untiring" Chief Executive through a Provincial Board Resolution of Support for all the graces that the province has so far received from the Arroyo administration.
The President was informed about the provincial resolution strongly supporting her after she had alighted from a bus that took her on a windshield inspection tour Wednesday (March 26) of the newly-paved 20-kilometer portion of the Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR) that links the Tambo interchange in Lipa City with the Balagtas interchange in Batangas City.
Sponsored by Batangas Vice Gov. Antonio "Marc" Leviste II and co-sponsored by all 12 provincial board members, the resolution dated March 24 thanked the President "for extending numerous projects and programs to Batanguenos and the province of Batangas."
"Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has been constantly developing the foundation for a robust and more progressive Philippines (and) has effectively widened the various socio-economic programs to increase growth and cut poverty," stressed the Provincial Board's Resolution of Support that was approved by Gov. Vilma Santos-Recto.
Recalling that President Arroyo had unveiled in her 2006 State-of-the- Nation Address (SONA) "her programs to upgrade all ways of transportation such as roads, bridges, port services and railways, among others, which are aimed at establishing economic 'super regions' to goad the development of our nation," the Batangas leaders then provided a litany of what Batangas had so far obtained from the President's super regions vision:
"As a result thereof (super regions), the Western Roll-on, Roll-off (RORO) Nautical Highway in Batangas City that connects Southern Luzon to the Visayas and Mindanao is a big success;
"The Calatagan-Lubang Port has been completed; several bridges under the President's Bridges Programs have been constructed all over Batangas province;
"The modernization program of the International Port of Batangas was turned over and inspected by the President last January 26, 2008;
"The road-widening project of the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and the construction of its extension up to Sto. Tomas, Batangas is ongoing;
"The realization of the development of a 'cyber corridor' to attract investments for the call center and business process outsourcing (BPO) sectors has been achieved; and
"The continuation of the STAR from Lipa City to Batangas City is now open for public use."
The resolution further dubbed as "clear, achievable and within reach" the President's "vision and promise… for the so-called 'Metro Luzon Beltway' which includes the Province of Batangas and the rest of Region IV into a globally competitive urban economic and tourism hub through infrastructure developments."
"The Provincial Government and Provincial Board of Batangas (are) optimistic that the priority and objective of the President's economic plan is to continuously harness together the major economic provinces and regions such as Batangas and Southern Tagalog, respectively, and make it larger than the sum of its parts, giving our kababayans the much-needed opportunities for progress," added the resolution which concluded, thus:
"The President (is) worthy of the gratitude and support of our kababayans for her untiring and resolute efforts to improve the quality of life of our people through strengthened partnerships, strong leadership, and excellent economic policies.
"As duly-elected representatives, we renew our confidence in the Arroyo administration, and we encourage the Filipino people to unite for the achievement of a common vision, and uphold the rule of law in order for our government to move on and realize a peaceful, progressive and stable nation through genuine reconciliation."
The President was joined in her bus ride cum drive-through inspection by Batangas officials led by Governor Santos-Recto, Rep. Mark Llandro Mendoza, Rep. Eileen Ermita-Buhain, Transportation Secretary Leandro Mendoza, and former Sen. Ralph Recto, among others.
Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Batangas City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Batangas City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Batangas, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.