Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of Bayog, in the Zamboanga del Sur Province, Philippines
Baking • Balukbahan • Balumbunan • Bantal • Bobuan • Camp Blessing • Canoayan • Conacon • Dagum • Damit • Datagan • Depase • Depore • Deporehan • Dimalinao • Dipili • Kahayagan • Kanipaan • Lamare • Liba • Matin-ao • Matun-og • Pangi • Poblacion • Pulang Bato • Salawagan • San Isidro • Sigacad • Supon
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Municipalities in the Zamboanga Del Sur Province within Region IX in Republic of The Philippines
Aurora • Bayog • Dimataling • Dinas • Dumalinao • Dumingag • Guipos • Josefina • Kumalarang • Labangan • Lakewood • Lapuyan • Mahayag • Margosatubig • Midsalip • Molave • Pitogo • Ramon Magsaysay • San Miguel • San Pablo • Sominot • Tabina • Tambulig • Tigbao • Tukuran • Vincenzo A. Sagun
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
Seal of Bayog
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur|
Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga del Sur Within Mindanao
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Municipality Hall of Bayog
- Bayog has a total of 28 barangays
- Registered Voters of Bayog as of (2010) = 19,640
- Bayog is in the 2nd Voting District of Zamboanga del Sur
- Population of Bayog (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 28,707
- Land Area of Bayog (as of 2007, in hectares) = 35,640
- Bayog is an Un-Classified Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Bayog is in the Zamboanga del Sur province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Bayog Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 35,640
Location of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 7.8667° N, 123.0333° E - Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Coordinates
- Bayog is in the Zamboanga del Sur province.
- Zamboanga del Sur is within Region IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
It was in the year 1953, that large numbers of immigrants started settling permanently in this area which was then sparsely populated by the native Subanen. Thus, barrio Bayog came into existence under the Municipality of Malangas. Bayog was adopted as the official name of the barrio, as this place was originally known to the natives due to the abundance of the “Bayog” trees in the locality.
Bright opportunities in agriculture, business and employment attracted more settlers into the area, particularly during the year 1957 and 1958. the influx of settlers was given more impetus when the SAMAR MINING COMPANY (SAMICO) constructed the existing forty two (42 kms) kilometers SAMICO road from Bobuan to its wharf in Pamintayan. By 1959, Bayog was already quite big for a barrio. So another barrio was created which is now the present barangay Kahayagan. When the municipality of Buug (also a former barrio of Malangas) was created in 1960, barangay Bayog and Kahayagan were among the barrios under it.
As early as 1963, three years after the SAMICO road was completed and the company was in full-blast operation, the population of Bayog already warranted the creation of a new municipality. Thus, on November 14, 1964, Bayog started to function as a corporate municipality separate and distinct from the Municipality of Buug by virtue of Executive Order No.112 issued by the then President Diosdado Macapagal. However, on February 15, 1966, the infant municipality was dissolved and reverted back into its former status as one of the barangays of the Municipallity of Buug by virtue of a Supreme Court decision in the case of Pelaez vs. Auditor General. The then Senator Pealez contented that the creation of a new municipality through an executive Order was against the law as the same was a prerogative of Congress.
The continued support and cooperation of the people substantially contributed much to the rapid growth and development of the community. It was the late Congressman Vincenzo Sagun who fought for the creation of the municipality. On May 8, 1967,Republic Act No. 4872 was enacted creating Bayog as a regular municipality.
The Municipality of Bayog became the 29th municipality of the Province of Zamboanga del Sur on May 8,1967 by virtue of Republic Act 4872, authorized by then Congressman Vincenso Sagun. The new municipality had within its jurisdiction twenty barangays. These were barangays Bayog or Poblacion, Bobuan, Datagan, Pulangbato, Dipili, Salawagan, Lamare, Damit, Depase, Pangi (now San Isidro), Liba, Datagan I, Datagan II, Mataga, Dimalinao, Baking, Depore, Kahayagan, Matun-og andKanipaan. During the later part of the year, barangays Supon, Canoayan, Dagum,Camp Blessing, Conakon, Matin-ao, Balukbahan, Sigacad, Deporehan, Bantal andBalunbunan were created by virtue of a Provincial Board Resolution. To date, the Municipality has twenty-eight (28) barangays within its juridical boundaries.
- this article copied VERBATIM from Wikipilipinas.org
People of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Bayog Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 28,707
- Bayog Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 19,640
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Bayog for term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Bayog: Leonardo Largado Babasa Jr. - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Bayog: Celso Aragon Matias - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of Bayog:
- ANLAP, HORACE PAUL (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3731 7.88%
- DEOCADES, TEOFISTO JR. (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3359 7.09%
- BELZA, BONBON (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3178 6.71%
- GORRA, NEVA JEAN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2997 6.33%
- BABAYAN, CARLITO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2989 6.31%
- YAMARO, RONILO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2956 6.24%
- MANDA, LUCENIO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2952 6.23%
- YAGOS, ERNESTO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2898 6.12%
- Elected officials of Bayog for term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Bayog: Leonardo Largado Babasa Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Bayog: Romualdo Sta. Ana Godin
- Councilors of Bayog:
- Elected Officials of Bayog for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur
Businesses in Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Bayog, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Bayog can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Bayog you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Bayog, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Bayog Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Bayog Zamboanga del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Bayog in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Bayog. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Bayog landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Bayog.
Your Story about Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about Bayog. You can talk about the good things in Bayog or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Bayog. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you. ---
- Bayog Town Celebrates Foundation Day
- Tuesday, May 03, 2011 06:38:57 PM
- Source: http://www.mindanaoexaminer.com/news.php?news_id=20110503063857
(Mindanao Examiner / May 3, 2011) – Bayog, a southern Philippine town in Mindanao province of Zamboanga del Sur, is celebrating its 44th founding anniversary and has began its weeklong festival of various programs aimed at promoting its ethnic heritage ands culture.
With the theme “Basura Atras, Bayog Abante sa Serbisyo ug Asenso, Abante Bayog, the town’s mayor Leonardo Babasa Jr urged the locals to preserve their culture. The town is famous for its Palad-Palad Festival which coincides with the founding day celebration.
Palad-Palad is a Subanen term which means “thanksgiving,” and traditionally celebrated by locals with thanksgiving for bountiful harvest. A beauty pageant and sports tournaments and parades usually accompany the celebration.(With a report from Bernadine Gabawan)
The oldest man or woman in Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Bayog? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- Tour of Matabungkay 2014 - Billed as “the most awaited road cycling event of the year”, the 2014 Tour of Matabungkay attracted a record number of participants at just over 500 riders across the categories for the challenging four stage 3-day race. Read More
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Bayog.
- Copy and paste the code below in "Green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.