Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Barangays of Binalbagan in the Negros Occidental Province of the Philippines
Amontay • Bagroy • Bi-ao • Canmoros • Enclaro • Marina • Paglaum • Payao • Progreso • San Jose • San Juan • San Pedro • San Teodoro • San Vicente • Santo Rosario • Santol
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Negros Occidental Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Binalbagan || Calatrava || Candoni || Cauayan || Enrique B. Magalona || Hinigaran || Hinoba-An || Ilog || Isabela || La Castellana || Manapla || Moises Padilla || Murcia || Pontevedra || Pulupandan || Salvador Benedicto || San Enrique || Toboso || Valladolid
Cities in the province of Negros Occidental: Bacolod City (Capital) || Bago City || Cadiz City || Escalante City || Himamaylan City || Kabankalan City || La Carlota City || Sagay City || San Carlos City || Silay City || Sipalay City || Talisay City || Victorias City
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Binalbagan Negros Occidental Municipality Seal
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines|
Binalbagan within Negros Occidental
Negros Occidental Map Locator
Municipality Hall of Binalbagan
Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
- Binalbagan has a total of 16 barangays
- Registered Voters of Binalbagan as of (2010) = 35,449
- Binalbagan is in the 5th Voting District of Negros Occidental
- Population of Binalbagan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 64,747
- Land Area of Binalbagan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 18,996
- Binalbagan is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Binalbagan is in the Negros Occidental province and within Region VI in the Island of negros Western Visayas.
Geography of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Binalbagan Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 18,996
Location of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Binalbagan is in the Province of Negros Occidental
- Negros Occidental is in the Island of negros and within Region VI.
- The Island of negros is in Western Visayas.
History of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The beginning of Binalbagan
People of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Binalbagan Population (as of Aug 1, 2007)= 64,747
- Binalbagan Registered Voters (2009)= 35,449
Local Government Unit LGU of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected City Officials of Binalbagan for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Mayor of Binalbagan: ARANDA, EMMANUEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Binalbagan: GAVARAN, SAMMUEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Binalbagan:
- BAJA, BEBOT INDEPENDENT 12092 8.56%
- REYES, MA. LUNINGNING (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11933 8.45%
- GABAYERON, RAPHAEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11390 8.07%
- VILLAFRANCA, MANUEL JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11380 8.06%
- DIZON, JEFFREY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11332 8.02%
- MORANO, NORBERTO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11077 7.84%
- TAJONERA, HENRY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10688 7.57%
- VILLASIS, ROBERTO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10607 7.51%
- Elected City Officials of Binalbagan for the term of 2007 - 2010
- Mayor of Binalbagan:
- Vice-Mayor of Binalbagan:
- Councilors of Binalbagan:
Barangay Elected Officials of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental
Businesses in Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Binalbagan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Schools in Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
- .Binalbagan Catholic College
- .Carlos Hilado Memorial State College-NOSOF
- .Paglaum National High School
- .Fellowship Center Baptist Church School
- .Berean Baptist Academy
- .Southern Negros College
- .Dynatech Industrial Institute
- .Binalbagan Vocational Training Center
Economy of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Binalbagan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Binalbagan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Binalbagan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Binalbagan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Binalbagan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Binalbagan.
Your Story about Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tell your story about Binalbagan. You can talk about the good things in Binalbagan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Binalbagan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Binalbagan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Binalbagan, Negros Occidental, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.