Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
Barangays of Calamba, in the Misamis Occidental Province, Philippines
Bonifacio • Bunawan • Calaran • Dapacan Alto • Dapacan Bajo • Don Bernardo Nery Pob. (Tres de Mayo) • Langub • Libertad • Magcamiguing • Mamalad • Mauswagon • Northern Poblacion • Salvador • San Isidro (San Isidro-San Pedro) • Siloy • Singalat • Solinog • Southwestern Poblacion • Sulipat
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in Misamis Occidental Province within Region X in the Republic of The Philippines
Aloran || Baliangao || Bonifacio || Calamba || Clarin || Concepcion || Don Victoriano Chiongbian || Jimenez || Lopez Jaena || Panaon || Plaridel || Sapang Dalaga || Sinacaban || Tudela
Cities in the Province of Misamis Occidental: Oroquieta City(Capital) || Ozamis City || Tangub City
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Seal of the Municipality of Calamba
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Calamba, Misamis Occidental|
Location of Calamba within Misamis Occidental
Location of Misamis Occidental within The Philippines
Municipality Hall of Calamba
Municipality Hall of Calamba
Bus Terminal, Don Bernardo Nery
Municipal Police Station, Southwestern Poblacion, Calamba
General Hospital, Bunawan Calamba
- Calamba has a total of 19 barangays
- Registered Voters of Calamba as of (2010) = 11,665
- Population of Calamba (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 19,597
- Land Area of Calamba (as of 2007, in hectares) = 10,464
- Calamba is a 4th class municipality and Partially Urban.
- Calamba is in the Misamis Occidental province and within Region_X in the island of mindanao.
- Calamba Police Station:
- CP#+63-0919-265-6532, +63-0926-612-7108, +63-0929-286-6031
Geography of Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
Geography of Calamba
Location of Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
- Its geographical coordinates are 8° 33' 34" North, 123° 38' 39" East
- Calamba is in the Misamis Occidental province and within Region_X in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
History of Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
Calamba was a forested area were the Subanens or Subanons frequented. They cleared the area using the "kaingin" system to plant the vegetation they live on. The Subanons did not stay in one place. So when they abandoned the area, the settlers from the other parts of Mindanao and the Visayas settled there. A river (now the Langaran River) flowed through the area. They called the place "Solinog", after the deep river bank.
Solinog was formerly part of the municipality of Plaridel, Misamis Occidental. The municipality of Plaridel later renamed solinog to Calamba after the town of Calamba, Laguna in Luzon. The barrio of calamba was growing fast, so the leaders of the barrio decided to have Calamba separated from Plaridel. It became independent on February 1, 1948, under Executive Order No. 85 series of 1947 during the term of President Manuel A. Roxas. The municipality was inaugurated on February 14, 1948.
People of Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
Total Population of Calamba
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Calamba for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Calamba: VILLANUEVA, EZEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Calamba: ENERIO, TATAY-NONOY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Calamba:
- LAWAS, ANTONIO SR. INDEPENDENT 6418 12.94%
- CALE, NONOY INDEPENDENT 5963 12.02%
- MALAYAO, JOSEPH INDEPENDENT 4561 9.20%
- LEONARDO, BOYET (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4399 8.87%
- IMAN, EDGAR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3421 6.90%
- YAP, DARLING INDEPENDENT 3404 6.86%
- QUIZA, JORGE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3337 6.73%
- GARCIA, BONG (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3204 6.46%
- Elected officials of Calamba for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Calamba: Luisito Bergado Villanueva Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Calamba: Jesus Cuarto Enerio
- Councilors of Calamba:
Barangays Elected Officials of Calamba, Misamis Occidental
Businesses in Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Calamba.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Calamba
- Hospitals, Clinics, Pharmacies
- Gas Stations
- General Stores
- Pawnshops, Banks, Lending Companies, Money Fowarders
- SuperMarket, Wet Market
Real Estate for Sale in Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Calamba, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- Assembly of God, Solinog, Calamba
- AAD Church, Calaran, Calamba
- Grace Gospel Church, Calaran, Calamba
- Bible Baptist Church, Northern Poblacion, Calamba
Schools in Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
- Elementary Schools
- High Schools in Calamba
- Colleges in Calamba
- Sacred Heart College, Southwestern Poblacion, Calamba
Economy of Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Calamba you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Calamba, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Calamba in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Calamba. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Calamba landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Calamba.
- information below taken verbatim from the LGU of Calamba, Misamis Occidental
Calamba like all other places “has the passion for festivities and celebrations”. The town observes the “Sinulog Festival” which is held every 3rd Sunday of January each year. Sinulog is a religious festival honoring the Patron Saint, Sto. Nino. It is spearheaded by the Roman Catholic Church and is celebrated not only by the townfolks in the community but also people from the neighboring towns. It is given life through street dancing by the different organizations of the Roman Catholic Church. Participants clad in multicolored costumes dance to the beat of the drums praying and praising the Baby Jesus whose image is exalted and venerated.
“In the rural communities festivals and celebrations always take the center stage.” This is equally true with the Menajak Festival of Calamba, Misamis Occidental. Menajak Festival gathers huge crowd of people who wants to witness the unique presentations emphasizing the cultural and social heritage of the indigenous people of Calamba. This is done every February 14th of each year as Calamba, celebrates its Foundation Day Anniversary. Menajak is a Subanen term for the word Love and also for a simple reason; it is celebrated every Valentine’s Day. It is imperative for the organizers of the festival to use the Subanen word because Calamba tries to preserve the cultural heritage of the indigenous people in the community. The Local Government Unit recognizes the Subanens as the original inhabitants of the municipality and bridges the cultural indifferences that exist among its constituents.
Menajak is not only a mere celebration that entertains however; it gives accent to a free interpretation of the Subanen dance steps and rituals. Participants in Subanen costume synchronize their choreographed movements to the rhythm of the gongs and drums.
Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Your Story about Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines
Tell your story about Calamba. You can talk about the good things in Calamba or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Calamba. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Calamba.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Misamis Occidental Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.