Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
Barangays of Calumpit in the Bulacan Province within Region III in the Republic of The Philippines
Balite • Balungao • Buguion • Bulusan • Calizon • Calumpang • Caniogan • Corazon • Frances • Gatbuca • Gugo • Iba Este • Iba O'Este • Longos • Meysulao • Meyto • Palimbang • Panducot • Pio Cruzcosa • Poblacion • Pungo • San Jose • San Marcos • San Miguel • Santa Lucia • Santo Niño • Sapang Bayan • Sergio Bayan • Sucol
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Bulacan province within Region III in the Republic of The Philippines
Angat | Balagtas | Baliuag | Bocaue | Bulacan | Bustos | Calumpit | Doña Remedios Trinidad | Guiguinto | Hagonoy | Marilao | Norzagaray | Obando | Pandi | Paombong | Plaridel | Pulilan | San Ildefonso | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Maria
Cities in the Province of Bulacan: Malolos City (Capital) | Meycauayan City | San Jose Del Monte City
Seal of the Municipality of Calumpit
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Calumpit, Bulacan Province|
Map location of Calumpit Bulacan
Map location of Bulacan Province
Welcome to Calumpit
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Calumpit Municipal Hall
Please Upload Picture
- Calumpit has a total of 29 barangays
- Registered Voters of Calumpit as of (2010) = 53,317
- Population of Calumpit (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 98,017
- Land Area of Calumpit (as of 2007, in hectares) = 5,625
- Calumpit is a 1st class municipality and Partially Urban.
- Calumpit is in the Bulacan province and within Region III in central Luzon.
Geography of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
Geography of Calumpit
Location of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
Calumpit is located ....
History of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
Calumpit was already an established "barangay" even before the coming of the Spaniards. It was under the leadership of Gat-Maitim. Agriculture was the main source of livelihood of the people and even today it is part of the town's lifeblood. Calumpit at that time was the center of trade and barter among its neighboring barangays. The Pampanga and the Quingua rivers served as the arteries through which the goods coming in and out of Calumpit passed. This was a factor why Calumpit became a progressive place during that period. The said rivers at present, still serve as arteries for trade and commerce in Calumpit.
Calumpit was derived from the name of the hardwood trees called Calumpit, found abundantly growing in front of the Calumpit Catholic Church. The hardwood was widely used and from then on it was adopted as the town's official name.
The defeat of Rajah Soliman at the battle of Bangkusay Channel paved the way for the Spaniards to establish their government in Manila. News reached the Spanish authority that there was a progressive community located several miles north of Manila. Through the order of Fray Martin de Rada, he sent a group of Augustinian missionaries headed by Father Diego Vivar Ordones to look for the said place. In 1572, they first set foot at that place. Armed with a cross, they Christianized the place and established the church and government simultaneously that same year.
It was only in 1575 however; the King of Spain officially recognized That Calumpit. It was the first established town in the province of Bulacan and the fourth in the island. The Augustinian friars were the first Christian pastors of Calumpit and acted in some capacity as government officials. This continued for almost a century. In 1672, the first civil government was established with Marcos de Arce as the first Alcalde Mayor of Calumpit.
Like any other inhabitants of the province, the Calumpit people are religious, hospitable and industrious. Dwelling places thrive along the riverbanks. Its neighboring places are Apalit and Candaba towns in Pampanga and Hagonoy, Pulilan and Malolos in Bulacan.
- article copied verbatim from: http://www.bulacan.gov.ph/
People of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
Total Population of Calumpit
Local Government Unit LGU of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Calumpit for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Calumpit: DE JESUS, JESS (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Calumpit: CANDELARIA, ZAR (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Councilors of Calumpit:
- DE BELEN, ABOY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 18089 8.24%
- DANGANAN, ALVIN (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 16128 7.35%
- ROQUE, LAKAN (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 16001 7.29%
- DANSALAN, THELMA (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 15235 6.94%
- PAULINO, ENTO (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 14444 6.58%
- TORRES, NIÑO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 13151 5.99%
- LIM RAÑOLA, BOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 12590 5.74%
- MENDOZA, JONJON (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 12053 5.49%
- Elected officials of Calumpit for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Calumpit: James Pagdanganan De Jesus
- Vice-Mayor of Calumpit: Zacarias Cristobal Candelaria
- Councilors of Calumpit:
Barangays Elected Officials of Calumpit, Bulacan
Businesses in Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Calumpit. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Calumpit
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, and Financial Institutions in Calumpit
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Calumpit
- Salons, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate for Sale in Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Calumpit, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Calumpit can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Calumpit you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Calumpit, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Calumpit in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Calumpit. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Calumpit landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Calumpit.
Your Story about Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Calumpit? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Calumpit. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Calumpit, Bulacan supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Calumpit.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Bulacan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Calumpit, Bulacan, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.