Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
Barangays of Pasig City in the 2nd District of Manila Metro Area of the Philippines
Bagong Ilog || Bagong Katipunan || Bambang || Buting || Caniogan || Dela Paz || Kalawaan || Kapasigan || Kapitolyo || Malinao || Manggahan || Maybunga || Oranbo || Palatiw || Pinagbuhatan || Pineda || Rosario || Sagad || San Antonio || San Joaquin || San Jose || San Miguel || San Nicolas || Santa Cruz || Santa Lucia || Santa Rosa || Santo Tomas || Santolan || Sumilang || Ugong
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Please upload Pictue
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Pasig City, Philippines|
Pasig City Within Metro Manila
Caniogan, Pasig City Barangay Hall
The improvement and retrofitting of the Caniogan Barangay Hall is a Serbisyong Totoo Project of the City Government of Pasig implemented under the Administration of the Hon. Robert C. Eusebio and the City Council.
This edifice is dedicated to the constituents of Barangay Caniogan whose receptivity to innovation and development inspires the City Government to elevate the quality of its services attuned to the evolving demands of time and its constituents.
Let the portals of this building serve as the gateway for the influx of beter opportunities and creative ideas that will pave the way for a more vibrant citizenry complementing our City's quest for glory.
Construction begun on July 13, 2009 completed on November 9,2009 and inaugurated on March 24, 2010.
Signed by: Hon. Robert "Bobby" C. Eusebio - City Mayor
Signed also by: Hon. Rosalio D. Martires - City Vice-Mayor
Location of Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
Barangay Caniogan is located on the northern part of Pasig City bounded on the south by Barangay Kapasigan, on the west by Marikina River, on the east by Barangays San Miguel and Sagad and on the north by Barangay Maybunga.
History of Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
Old timers say that the barangay was called as such because a long time ago, the first Governor of the province of Rizal (which comprises Pasig City then), Gov. Miguel Melendrez Sr., imposed the planting of a particular fruit-bearing tree along the streets of a particular barrio in Rizal. The local fruit-bearing trees was used in order to distinguish one place to the other and separated the barrios from one another. The place was ordered to have coconut trees planted. Then, there was abundance of coconut (we call as niyog) in the whole area. That is why they called the place “niyugan” and the early residents verbally call the place kaniyugan but since the Spanish era did not use the tagalog alphabets “k” and “y”, Caniogan was the word adopted since in the written form of the place’s name. Although very few coconuts now grow in this barrio... which is now addressed to as Barangay.
People of Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
Total Population of Caniogan
Local Government Unit LGU of Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
- Elected Caniogan Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Punong Barangay : Perez, Bernard Casupang
- Barangay Kagawad :> Añonuevo, Jovito De Lima
- Barangay Kagawad :> Cortez, Petri Santos
- Barangay Kagawad :> Castañeda, Annabelle Concepcion
- Barangay Kagawad :> Miguel, Gina Albania
- Barangay Kagawad :> Altamero, Michael Santos
- Barangay Kagawad :> Flotildes, Myla Barnedo
- Barangay Kagawad :> Casumbal, Eduardo Javier
Businesses in Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Caniogan, Pasig City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsor zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Caniogan:
- GRAND COUNTRY TOURS & TRAVEL
- 244 Dr. Sixto Antonio Avenue
- Caniogan Pasig City
- Full Travel Services Offered.
- GRAND COUNTRY TOURS & TRAVEL
Real Estate for Sale in Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Caniogan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
(The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.)
Roman Catholic is the religion of the majority in the barangay. One of Barangay Caniogan’s notable events was the visit of the late Cardinal Jaime Sin to the Caniogan chapel on February 06, 1994, to elevate it into a parish church and in honor of the patron saint of the Barangay, now the Sta. Clara de Montefalco Parish church has been built to be the tallest church in the country today.
Schools in Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
The schools in Caniogan
Economy of Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Caniogan, Pasig City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Caniogan, Pasig City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Caniogan, Pasig City. Where does the energy source of this Pasig City come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Caniogan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Caniogan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Caniogan landmarks here.
Fiestas and Traditions of Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
Fiesta date of Caniogan is August 18th.
Your Story about Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines
Tell your story about Caniogan. You can talk about the good things in Caniogan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Caniogan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
My story about being in BARANGAY CANIOGAN:
I was a first year college student assigned to do a community service at Barangay Caniogan together with a group enrolled in the same course as mine but most of my group mates were unknown to me. When we started doing our activities in NSTP at Barangay Caniogan, Pasig City, Christmas vacation was near. The first activity was fun already because many people were excited to know their blood pressure and many of them are Senior Citizen and others were the Barangay Security Officers themselves.
Then, I was made a volunteer at our free seminar on First Aid in their barangay hall to demonstrate on how to help a choking obese person and also to demonstrate how to give CPR. We planted some flowering plants around the Barangay Hall of Caniogan Pasig City. We have Bible story-telling inside the Barangay Hall on a Sunday afternoon for kids. Many children attended and they were all so happy because we have lots of games for them like Pinoy henyo, creative coloring contest, a singing contest too and pasahan ng bola. The children enjoyed the games. And after the games we gave prizes, juice and snack food to the children who joined the games. For ecology, we cleaned around the Barangay Hall, the covered court, day care center, multi-purpose hall... sweeping every trash and also the adjacent streets. Whew! Tiring but fulfilling.
I’m so happy to do my part of the NSTP activities in Barangay Caniogan. Many people in Barangay Caniogan became my friend instantly because they are always happy and so good to see me there every time.
- Xyrus dela Cruz
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Caniogan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Pasig City, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Caniogan, Pasig City, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.