Catanduanes Province, Philippines
Seal of Catanduanes Province
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Catanduanes|
Catanduanes Provincial Capitol
Please upload picture
Catanduanes Province, Philippines
- Catanduanes has 11 Municipalities and 0 Cities, and 315 barangays. The barangays of Catanduanes are listed within each municipality. - Every barangay in the province of Catanduanes has an Interactive Webpage of its own.
- Catanduanes Registered Voters as of (2010) = 122,313
- Catanduanes Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 232,757
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares) = 149,216
- Catanduanes is a 3rd class province.
- The Island province of Catanduanes is in Region V - Bicol Region and within the Southern part of the island of luzon.
- Capital of the province is Virac
Geography of Catanduanes, Philippines
Geography of Catanduanes
Location of Catanduanes, Philippines
Catanduanes is an island province of the Philippines located in the Bicol Region in Luzon.
History of Catanduanes, Philippines
The begining of Catanduanes
People of Catanduanes, Philippines
Total Population of Catanduanes
Local Government Unit LGU of Catanduanes, Philippines
- Elected officials of Catanduanes for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor: Joseph Chua Cua
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Jose Joson Teves Jr.
- House Representative:Cesar Vergara Sarmiento
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of Catanduanes for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Catanduanes for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Catanduanes for the term of 2007-2010
Businesses in Catanduanes, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Catanduanes.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Catanduanes
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Catanduanes, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Catanduanes, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Catanduanes, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Catanduanes, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Catanduanes here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Catanduanes here.
- List the Methodist churches in Catanduanes here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Catanduanes here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Catanduanes here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Catanduanes here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Catanduanes here.
- List the Baptist churches in Catanduanes here.
Schools in Catanduanes, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Catanduanes can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Catanduanes, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Catanduanes you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Catanduanes, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Catanduanes, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Catanduanes, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Catanduanes in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Catanduanes. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Catanduanes landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Catanduanes, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Catanduanes.
- Bargain hunting boosts Phl stocks
- Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Bargain hunting and optimism over the continuity of US Federal Reserves’ stimulus measures lifted local share prices for the third straight session yesterday.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) rallied 2.83 percent or 179.36 points to settle at 6,518.77, while the broader all shares index jumped 2.26 percent or 88.99 points to 4,031.42..........Full Story
- Report: Phl has highest growth potential in TIPs
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:08 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines has the highest growth potential among a new group of nations expected to lead global economic growth over the next seven years, a global banking giant said.
- In a report, DBS Ltd. said the so-called TIPs— Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines— are increasingly becoming a major growth driver as advanced economies continued to reel from the debt crisis..........Full Story
- Tayao-Cabrera snares Formula Open karting title
- Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Gabriel Tayao-Cabrera bested a tough field with a superb performance as he captured the Formula 125 Open Juniors crown in the Macau leg of the Asian Karting Open Championships at the Kartodromo de Coloane Circuit recently.
- Cabrera turned in an impressive 59-second mark in Heat 3 to the surprise of the big Macau karting aficionados in a feat that matched the laptimes of those in the upper Formula 125 senior class..........Full Story »
Catanduanes to host 9th Regional OSY Encampment
- Source: http://pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?menu=2&webregion=R05&article=841336486212
- By: Edna A. Bagadiong
- Friday, May 11, 2012
BATO, Catanduanes- The Bato Central Elementary School in Bato East District, Catanduanes will host the 9th Regional Alternative Learning System (ALS) Out-of-School Youth (OSY) Summer Encampment 2012 of the Department of Education (DepEd) from May 21 to 25.
The event with the theme, “Kung ALS Learner Ka, Naiiba Ka," will be participated by 13 divisions from Bicol region.
According to Mayor Rodriguez, the hosting of the said camp is part of the preparation on being a Hall of Famer of their town in the National Literacy Awards.
The activity aims to: (a) equip OSYs with life skills (LS) and lifelong learning (LLL) necessary to become effective, efficient, and responsive citizens; (b) inculcate in the minds of OSYs spiritual and moral values; (c) strengthen self-reliant, dynamic, and creative future leaders to become effective catalysts/agents of change; and (d) acquaint the OSYs on ALS programs and projects.
Participants in the activity are ALL OSYs enrolled in ALS learning programs.
There will be a registration fee of P550 per participant for training materials and food for resource speakers. Around 500 are expected to participate in the camp.
Catanduanes Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Catanduanes.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Catanduanes, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Catanduanes Province, Philippines]]