Compostela Valley Province, Philippines
Seal of Compostela Valley Province
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Compostela Valley|
Compostela Valley Philippines
Compostela Valley Provincial Capitol
Please upload picture
Compostela Province, Philippines
- Compostela Valley has 11 Municipalities and 0 Cities, and 237 barangays. The barangays of Compostela Valley are listed within each municipality. Each barangay and municipality has an interactive webpage of its own.
- Compostela Valley Registered Voters as of (2010) = 297,595
- Compostela Valley Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 637,366
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares) = 447,977
- Compostela Valley is a 1st class province.
- The province of Compostela Valley is in Region XI - Davao Region and in the island of mindanao.
- Capital of the province is Nabunturan
Geography of Compostela Valley, Philippines
Geography of Compostela Valley
Location of Compostela Valley, Philippines
Compostela Valley is located ....
History of Compostela Valley, Philippines
The begining of Compostela Valley
People of Compostela Valley, Philippines
Total Population of Compostela Valley
Local Government Unit LGU of Compostela Valley Province, Philippines
- Elected officials of Compostela Valley for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor: Arturo Tao Uy
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Ramil Lao Gentugaya
- House Representatives:
- Provincial Board Members:
- 1st District:
- Joselito Belenson Brillantes
- Arvin Dexter Monforte Lopoz
- Paul Pregua Galicia
- Neri Rapista Barte
- Heracleo Codog Codilla
- 2nd District:
Barangays Elected Officials of Compostela Valley for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Compostela Valley, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Compostela Valley.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Compostela Valley
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Compostela Valley, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Compostela Valley, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Compostela Valley, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Compostela Valley here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Compostela Valley here.
- List the Methodist churches in Compostela Valley here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Compostela Valley here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Compostela Valley here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Compostela Valley here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Compostela Valley here.
- List the Baptist churches in Compostela Valley here.
Schools in Compostela Valley, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Compostela Valley can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Compostela Valley, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Compostela Valley you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Compostela Valley, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Compostela Valley, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Compostela Valley, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Compostela Valley in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Compostela Valley. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Compostela Valley landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Compostela Valley, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Compostela Valley.
- OFW tourist arrivals rise 4.2% in 2012
- Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - More workers returning home from abroad are spending time touring around the country, the Department of Tourism (DOT) said.
- The number of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) registered as tourists increased 4.2 percent in 2012, data from the DOT showed..........Full Story
- Gov’t works on branding for Phl food products
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The government plans to launch this year a branding for Philippine food products for export, as it seeks to actively promote local goods overseas, a trade official said.
- “We want to create a Philippine brand (to be used) for packaging (of products) this year,” Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM) executive director Rosario Virginia Gaetos told reporters at the sidelines of the 9th International Food Exhibition Philippines..........Full Story
- Sacha takes pole in Asian karting
- Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:00 am
- CARMONA, Cavite, Philippines – Filling in the void left by top Filipino karters VJ Suba and the Rivera brothers Milo and Estefano, the Philippines dominated the qualifying heats behind lady karter Sacha Feliciano who claimed the No. 1 spot on the grid for today’s pre-final heat of the 2013 Asian Karting Open Championships at the Carmona Racetrack.
- After a fourth place finish in the first qualifying heat, Feliciano bounced back, so determined to rule the last two qualifying heats to capture the pole position in the premier Formula 125 Open Seniors class..........Full Story »
It’s more fun in ComVal’s Summer treats
- Source: http://pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?menu=2&webregion=R11&article=1591336714454
- By: Grace Almedilla
- Friday, May 11, 2012
NABUNTURAN, Compostela Valley Province-It's more fun in ComVal as the summer heats up with various sports events hosted by the province.
After successfully hosting the Davao Region Athletic Association (DAVRAA) Meet and the Summer High 2012 in April, the local government of Compostela Valley recently opened its 4th Summer Beach Sports Festival filled with exciting beach events.
Dubbed as ‘Hugyaw sa Tag-Araw,’ the summer fun showcases festival events like Beach and Water Volleyball, Reggae Battle of the Bands, Fire Dance Competition, SMB Summer Drink Mix, Biggest Fish Catch Competition, Amazing Beach Race, and Henna Tattoo Body Painting.
The festival also features Kopiat Swimming Challenge, Island Banca Race, Kite Making Workshop for Kids and Sea Kite Flying Competition, Acoustic Band Competition (Beach’Coustic), Bikini Open, and Regatta, Fluvial Parade.
Another highlight is the offered Swimming Lessons by Summer Safety Institute open to all ages even toddlers.
Meanwhile, the province’s Event Managers and Municipal Sports Coordinators are also busy preparing for the coming Sports Festival headed by Provincial Sports Development Coordinator Jayvee Tyrone Uy.
Compostela Valley Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|8804||New Bataan||Compostela Valley|
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Compostela Valley.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Compostela Valley, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Compostela Valley Province, Philippines]]