Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
Barangays of Dingalan in the Aurora Province of The Philippines
Aplaya • Butas Na Bato • Cabog (Matawe) • Caragsacan • Davildavilan • Dikapanikian • Ibona • Paltic • Poblacion • Tanawan • Umiray (Malamig)
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Dingalan Seal Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Dingalan, Aurora|
Aurora province within the Philippines
Dingalan Municipal Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
- Dingalan has a total of 11 barangays
- Registered Voters of Dingalan as of (2010) = 13,937
- Dingalan is in the "LONE" Voting Congressional District of Aurora.
- Population of Dingalan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 21,992
- Land Area of Dingalan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 30,455
- Dingalan is a 3rd class Municipality and Rural.
- Dingalan is in the Aurora province and within Region III - in the east/Central part of the island of luzon.
Geography of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
Dingalan Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 30,455
Location of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
History of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
Dingalan became a municipal district in June 1956 under R A 1536 with an estimated population of 2,000 residents. It was a former sitio Barrio of San Luis, Municipality of Baler Tayabas (Quezon) Province. Early settlers in their story accounted, that Dumagat tribes abound in the place. According to them, the names of most of the landmarks and places of the municipality were given by the Dumagat. There was strong belief that "Dingalan" is a Dumagat word, which means "By the River of Galan". True to its name the municipality is sitting on its fifteen (15) rivers and creeks.
The logging and sawmill operation of the late Don Felipe Buencamino has contributed to the migration of the different ethnic group and settlers for good in the municipality as early as 1930. Since then, inter-marriages among the Tagalog, Ilocano, Pampangos and Bicolanos had been practiced.
The municipalities part and role in the rich historical heritage of the country cannot be over emphasized. Dingalan was occupied by the Japanese Forces during World War II. The Japanese took over the operation of sawmills and cut timber for the construction of their barracks and garrisons. Dingalan Bay was used as one of their "exit points" when the retreated to the United States Armed Forces in 1945.
Its position in the history was more of a significant in 1957, when the municipality became the Training Ground for the South East Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO), which included the United States 7th Fleet. Dingalan Bay also became one of the sites of the RP-US Balikatan Military Exercises for three (3) consecutive years from 1982-1984.
On June 16, 1962, Dingalan was converted into a municipality by virtue of the enactment of Republic Act No. 3490.
- This article was copied verbatim from the official website of Dingalan: http://dingalanlgu.gov.ph
People of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
- Dingalan Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 21,992
- Dingalan Registered Voters (2009) = 13,937
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Government officials of Dingalan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor : Padiernos, Zenaida Quejada
- Vice-Mayor : Liu, Hiram Maddara
- Councilors of Dingalan:
- Elected Government officials of Dingalan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Dingalan: Zenaida Quejada Padiernos
- Vice-Mayor of Dingalan: Hiram Maddara Liu
- Councilors of Dingalan:
Barangay Elected Officials of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
Businesses in Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Dingalan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings in Z-Realty.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Dingalan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Dingalan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Dingalan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Dingalan, Aurora" page.
Natural Resources of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Dingalan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Dingalan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Dingalan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Dingalan.
Your Story about Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Dingalan? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Dingalan. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Dingalan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Dingalan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Dingalan.
- It’s green and go for Palaro
- Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Organizers only need to iron out minor kinks before rolling out the red carpet to more than 10,000 athletes and officials for the 2015 Palarong Pambansa which starts in 17 days with an opening ceremony extravaganza at the Davao del Norte Sports and Tourism Complex.
- After a general meeting among heads of key committees from host Davao del Norte and the Department of Education (DepEd), media representatives and sponsors and stakeholders at the office of Gov. Rodolfo del Rosario at the provincial capitol on Tuesday, organizing committee secretariat chairperson Sofonias Gabonada Jr. declared the games as “green and go.” .................................. Full Story»
Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
News and Events
- BIR revenues up 12% in Q1
- Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Internal Revenue grew its revenues at a faster clip in the first quarter this year compared to the same period in 2014.
- Internal Revenue commissioner Kim Henares said revenues from January to March likely expanded by more than 12 percent, driven by the agency’s relentless efforts to catch tax cheats ........................ Full Story»
- PH improves ICT ranking
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015 5:42 pm
- MANILA, Philippines–The Philippines climbed two notches to 76th out of the 143 economies assessed by the World Economic Forum (WEF) for the Global Information Technology Report 2015 as the country continued to show improvements in terms of leveraging the benefits of information and communications technologies (ICT).
- The Philippines ranked 78th out of the 148 economies studied in 2014 and 86th out of 144 countries in 2013, data from the report’s Networked Readiness Index (NRI) showed ........................ Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki Dingalan, Aurora
We want to give the people of Dingalan the ability to promote their city to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Dingalan is not depentent upon one individaul. This website will grow as more people of Dingalan participate and provide valid information about the city and also by providing pictures about the city. More power to Dingalan.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Dingalan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Dingalan, Aurora Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Aurora, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Dingalan, Aurora, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.