Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Barangays of Dingras in the Ilocos Norte Province of The Philippines
Albano (Pob.) • Bacsil • Bagut • Baresbes • Barong • Bungcag • Cali • Capasan • Dancel (Pob.) • Elizabeth • Espiritu • Foz • Guerrero (Pob.) • Lanas • Lumbad • Madamba (Pob.) • Mandaloque • Medina • Parado (Bangay) • Peralta (Pob.) • Puruganan (Pob.) • Root (Baldias) • Sagpatan • Saludares • San Esteban • San Francisco (Surrate) • San Marcelino (Padong) • San Marcos • Sulquiano (Sidiran) • Suyo • Ver (Naglayaan)
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of the 21 Municipalities in the Ilocos Norte Province within Region I in the Republic of The Philippines
Adams | Bacarra | Badoc | Bangui | Banna | Burgos | Carasi | Currimao | Dingras | Dumalneg | Marcos | Nueva Era | Pagudpud | Paoay | Pasuquin | Piddig | Pinili | San Nicolas | Sarrat | Solsona | Vintar
Cities in the province of Ilocos Norte: Batac City • Laoag City (Capital)
Municipality Seal of Dingras
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Ilocos Norte|
Map of Dingras, Ilocos Norte Province in the Island of Luzon
Map of Ilocos Norte Province in the Island of Luzon
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Municipality Hall of Dingras
- Dingras has a total of 31 barangays
- Registered Voters of Dingras as of (2010) = 22,194
- Population of Dingras (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 35,793
- Land Area of Dingras (as of 2007, in hectares) = 9,600
- Dingras is a 2nd class municipality and Partially Urban.
- Dingras is in the Ilocos Norte province and within Region_I in the northern island of Luzon
Geography of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Dingras Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 9,600
Location of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
History of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Dingras is bounded on the north by the municipality of Piddig; on the east by Banna; on the south by Batac; and on the west by San Miguel (Sarrat). It is an expensive plain surrounded by mountains. The land is highly fertile. Its plains are drained by the Padsan River and its tributaries hence, its distinction as the rice blows of Ilocos Norte. It has a land area of 96 square kilometers, with the population of 31,485 in 1995.
The town was said to have derived from the names of Ding and Ras. Ding was the son of a chieftain called Naaslag, who ruled the northern part of the river of Dingras. Ras, on the otherhand, was the daughter of Allawigan, the chief of the southern part of the river. At one time, these two chiefs were in perennial war with each other. One day, son Ding defeated the warriors of Allawigan. Ding took ras as his prize from the conquered northern ruler and married her. The union ende the feud between Naaslag and Allawigan. As the two kingdoms merged as one great power in the valley, their place became known henceforth known as Dingras.
In 1598, the Augustinians founded Dingras as Ginglas. On the same year, it was placed under the patronage of San Jose. Dingras became one of the oldest and biggest ministries in the entire Ilocos region until year 1690. It was one of the visitas of batac in 1589. On July 8 of that year, Dingras was made a ministry with Fray Bartolome Conrado as its first parish priest. As such, it remained as one of the six encomiendas in Ilocos of the King of Spain in 1591. However, on October 31, 1603, Dingras was given back as visita to Batac, perhaps, because of its failure to become the mission center for the conversion of the interior settlements in the Ilocos.
In 1680, the Augustinians built a church. However it was destroyed by a strong earthquake in 1707. Another church which was more spacious and massive was erected by Fray Damaso Vieztez. In 1838, Fathers Deza and Franco remodeled the church impressively. But fire later gutted the edifice. Te ruins still evidence of a once splendid structure, regarded by historians as one of the three earthquake baroque churches. The others are those of Magsingal (Ilocos Sur Province) and Laoag City.
Rice has remained the major agricultural income earner with tobacco coming in as a closed second. The farmers of Dingras also hybrid corns, garlic, vegetables bananas and coffee. They are engaged in poultry raising piggery, as well as in weaving. The streams across rivefields yield fish in abundance.
- Article copied verbatim from: http://inorte.org/
People of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Dingras Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 35,793
- Dingras Registered Voters (COMELEC 2009) = 22,194
Elected Government Officials of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Dingras for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Dingras: VALENZUELA, ERDIO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Dingras: SAGUID, JOEFREY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Dingras:
- MARCOS, RUBEN (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 10853 8.81%
- ALBANO, JIMBOY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9574 7.77%
- GAMBOA, ALFE GARRY (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 8971 7.28%
- CAÑETE, ENRIQUETO JR. (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 7796 6.33%
- BALLESTEROS, LESTER (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 7772 6.31%
- DEMANDANTE, SAMUEL (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 7704 6.25%
- APOSTOL, JOEY (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 7606 6.17%
- TAYLAN, NATHAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 7583 6.15%
- Elected officials of Dingras for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Dingras: Marynette Romero Gamboa
- Vice-Mayor of Dingras: Erdio Espejo Valenzuela
- Councilors of Dingras:
Barangay Elected Officials of Dingras, Ilocos Norte
Businesses in Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Dingras, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Dingras can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Dingras you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Dingras, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Dingras in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Dingras. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Dingras landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Dingras.
Your Story about Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Dingras? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Dingras. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Dingras.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Dingras, Ilocos Norte Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Ilocos Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Dingras, Ilocos Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.