Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Barangays of Dipolog City, in the Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
Barra • Biasong • Central • Cogon • Dicayas • Diwan • Estaka • Galas • Gulayon • Lugdungan • Minaog • Miputak • Olingan • Punta • San Jose • Sangkol • Santa Filomena • Santa Isabel • Sicayab • Sinaman • Turno
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with informaton updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte province, Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Dipolog City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte|
Dipolog City Map Locator
Location of Zamboanga del Norte
Dipolog City Welcome Arch
City Hall building of Dipolog City
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral Parish
Dipolog City Bus Terminal
Dipolog City Airport Terminal
Tricycles in place of Taxis in Downtown Dipolog
Post Office, Miputak, Dipolog City
Santa Cruz Central Boulevard
St. Mary's Academy, Central, Dipolog
Convention and Sports Center, Estaka
- Dipolog City has a total of 21 barangays
- Registered Voters of Dipolog City as of (2010) = 58,615
- Dipolog City is in the 2nd Voting District of Zamboanga del Norte
- Population of Dipolog City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 113,118
- Land Area of Dipolog City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 24,113
- Dipolog City is a 3rd class Component City and Partially Urban.
- Dipolog City is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
- Dipolog City is the capital city of Zamboanga del Norte. Also known as "The Orchid City" of the Philippines.
Location of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Dipolog City is one of the 18 "coastal" towns (with seashores bordering the Sulu Sea) of Zamboanga del Norte starting from the border of Zamboanga City and are lined up as follows: 1 Sibuco, 2 Sirawai, 3 Siocon, 4 Baliguian, 5 Gutalac, 6 Labason, 7 Liloy, 8 Salug, 9 Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan), 10 Sindangan, 11 Jose Dalman, 12 Manukan, 13, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, 14 Katipunan, 15 Dipolog City, 16 Dapitan City, 17 Sibutad, 18 Rizal. Rizal borders the province of Misamis Occidental
Zamboanga del Norte is situated in Northern Mindanao. It is bounded on the north and west by the Sulu Sea, on the east by Misamis Occidental, and on the south by Zamboanga del Norte.
The province occupies a total land area of 6,618 square kilometers. It has an average elevation of 243.8 meters, with Mt. Dabiak in Katipunan as the highest peak at 2,600 meters. Other parts, near the coastlines, are plains. The province’s irregular coastline runs 400 kilometers from north to south.
- Article from: The Philippines department of tourism
History of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Dubbed as the “Twin-City Province,” Zamboanga del Norte has been made famous by the beauty and charm of the Orchid City of Dipolog and the historical, rustic quaintness of the Shrine City of Dapitan.
Decrying Spanish authority over his beloved country, Dr. Jose P. Rizal, Philippine National Hero, lived in exile in faraway Dapitan City, then only a sleepy town in Mindanao. Here, he spent fruitfully his last four years in exile, from 1892 to 1896, to practice medicine, pursue scientific studies, keep with his artistic and literary endeavors, and widen his knowledge of languages. In Dapitan, Dr. Rizal found a school and a hospital, and became a farmer to prove to the people that farming is as good a profession as medicine.
The original estate of Dr. Rizal in Dapitan has been declared a national shrine and is being administered by the National Historical Institute. Hence, the city monicker, “Shrine City of the Philippines.” By the year 2020, Dapitan is poised to become the Dr. Jose Rizal Heritage Center of the Philippines, owing to the wealth of Rizal memorabilia and memorable places associated with the country’s beloved hero.
Zamboanga del Norte today is equally famous for Dakak Beach, the province’s foremost natural attraction. The very popular Dakak Beach is most known for its beautfiully shaped cove and powdery white sand, and as a diving mecca in Mindanao. Pristine blue waters, excellent dive sites with an abundance of coral reefs, and a magnificent sunset horizon characterize this tropical eden. Dakak Park and Beach Resort boasts 15 hectares of wooded land, a natural reservoir for native plants and animals, and a 750-meter private white-sand beach. article from: The Philippines department of tourism
People of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Dipolog City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 113,118
- Dipolog City Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 58,615
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of Dipolog City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Dipolog City: Evelyn Tang Uy
- Vice-Mayor of Dipolog City: Horacio Bernus Velasco
- City Councillors of Dipolog City:
- Elected Officials of Dipolog City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Evelyn Tang Uy term 2007-2010 and 2010-2013
- Vice-Mayor: Senen Olvis Angeles : term: 2007-2010 and 2010 -2013
- City Councillors: for 2010 - 2013
Barangay Officials of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte
If you own or know any of the businesses listed below, go ahead and follow the link to its page. List the address and phone number or contact name and hours of operation within the page. Describe your business and services that you provide to the public.
- Businesses of Dipolog City
- Banks, Pawnshops, Insurance, Credit and Lending Companies
- Bank of The Philippine Islands, Central, Dipolog City
- BDO, Central, Dipolog City
- Alano and Sons Credit Corp., Miputak, Dipolog City
- JPY Lending Investor Miputak, Dipolog City
- Katipunan Bank Miputak, Dipolog City
- Land Bank Miputak, Dipolog City
- PhilAm Life Central, Dipolog City
- PS Bank Central, Dipolog City
- RD Pawnshop Central, Dipolog City
- Rural Bank of Pres. Roxas Central, Dipolog City
- Radio Stations
- Shopping Malls, Shopping Centers, and Department Stores
- Gas Stations
- Petron Central, Dipolog City
- CellPhones and Computer Stores
- SECC Computer Sales Central, Dipolog City
- Restaurants and BakeShops
- Baron Bakeshop Miputak, Dipolog City
- Chicken Ati Atihan Miputak, Dipolog City
- Chowking Central Mall, Miputak, Dipolog City
- couples Cakehaus and Pasalubong Miputak, Dipolog City
- Jollibee Central Mall, Miputak, Dipolog City
- Julies Bakeshop Miputak, Dipolog City
- New Allison's Food Plaza Central, Dipolog City
- TSI Bugan Central, Dipolog City
- Hardware Stores, Appliance Stores, Auto and Motorcycle Supplies, Construction Supply Stores
- A-One Auto Supply, Miputak, Dipolog City
- Dipolog Fishing Supply Store Central, Dipolog City
- Emcor Central, Dipolog City
- Honda Odyssey Motors Miputak, Dipolog City
- Isaias Top Central, Dipolog City
- Ivy Construction Supply Central, Dipolog City
- Quality Appliance Miputak, Dipolog City
- Reina Marketing Central, Dipolog City
- Top Plaza Central, Dipolog City
- Trans Cycle Miputak, Dipolog City
- Wheel Marketing and Retreading Central Dipolog City
- Memorial Homes and Funeral Parlors
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Hotels, Motels, and Pension Houses
- Pharmacies and Drug Stores
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Dipolog City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- Chapel Sta. Cruz, Central, Dipolog City
- Dipolog Alliance Evangelical Chruch, Miputak, Dipolog City
- Dipolog City Catholic Church
- Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral, Estaka, Dipolog City
- Our Mother of Perpetual Help, Punta, Dipolog City
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Estaka, Dipolog City
Schools in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Dipolog City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
- Elementary Schools in Dipolog City
- High Schools in Dipolog City
- Institute of Technology, Minaog, Dipolog City
- Colleges in Dipolog City
- St. Vincent's College
- Tel#: +63-65-212–3743
- St. Vincent's College
You can also create your FREE School Web Page (Example) to promote and give it an internet presence. We can help you do it.
Arts and Culture in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Dipolog City.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Dipolog City!
- Upload the pictures of your favorite Arts & Culture topic.
- Dipolog City Arts & Culture Photos
Economy of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Dipolog City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Dipolog City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Dipolog City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Dipolog City" page.
Natural Resources of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Sports and Recreation in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Dipolog City.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
- Upload the picture of your place of sports or recreation.
Tourists Attractions of Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Dipolog City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Dipolog City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings in Dipolog City, Province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Upload The photos about landmarks in Dipolog City.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Dipolog City.
Your Story about Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Tell your story about Dipolog City. You can talk about the good things in Dipolog City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Dipolog City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Featured News of The Philippines
- A new way for Filipinos to connect on social media launched
- Saturday, May 25, 2013 2:52 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – The war of the mobile social communication applications in the country heats up as what is considered one of the world’s most popular social media communication apps was officially launched in the Philippines.
- With over 300 million registered user accounts worldwide, WeChat is set to change the way social-media-savvy Filipinos communicate with friends, family and people from all over the world..........Full Story
- Promising story keep investors coming to Phl market pretty happy – Goldman Sachs official
- Friday, May 24, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Investors are shunning concerns of high valuations, continuously pouring in money to the overvalued local bourse on the back of the country’s “promising” economic story, an official of a global investment bank said.
- “The equity markets have clearly understood and maybe over-discounting, a little bit, the trend going forward,” said Christopher Eoyang, managing director for global economics, commodities and strategy research at Goldman Sachs..........Full Story
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- DHL welcomes visiting rugby legend
- Saturday, May 28, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Embassy in Yangon reported to the Department of Foreign Affairs that the 62-member contingent of the Philippines to the 11th ASEAN Taekwondo Championships won a total of 40 medals (12 gold, 14 silver and 8 bronze) in the categories of kyorugi (sparring) and poomsae (forms) at said competition held at Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar from May 7 to 12.
- The Philippine taekwondo team is one of the country’s top bets in the 27th Southeast Asian Games to be held in December 2013 in Myanmar..........Full Story »
Why Z-Wiki Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Dipolog City the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Dipolog City is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Dipolog City participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Dipolog City.
Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Dipolog City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.