Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of Dumingag, in the Zamboanga del Sur Province, Philippines
Bagong Kauswagan • Bagong Silang • Bag-ong Valencia • Bucayan • Calumanggi • Canibongan • Caridad • Danlugan • Dapiwak • Datu Totocan • Dilud • Ditulan • Dulian • Dulop • Guintananan • Guitran • Gumpingan • La Fortuna • Labangon • Libertad • Licabang • Lipawan • Lower Landing • Lower Timonan • Macasing • Mahayahay • Malagalad • Manlabay • Maralag • Marangan • New Basak • Saad • Salvador • San Juan • San Pablo • San Pedro • San Vicente • Senote • Sinonok • Sunop • Tagun • Tamurayan • Upper Landing • Upper Timonan
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Municipalities in the Zamboanga Del Sur Province within Region IX in Republic of The Philippines
Aurora • Bayog • Dimataling • Dinas • Dumalinao • Dumingag • Guipos • Josefina • Kumalarang • Labangan • Lakewood • Lapuyan • Mahayag • Margosatubig • Midsalip • Molave • Pitogo • Ramon Magsaysay • San Miguel • San Pablo • Sominot • Tabina • Tambulig • Tigbao • Tukuran • Vincenzo A. Sagun
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
Seal of Dumingag
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur|
Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga del Sur Map Locator
Municipality Hall of Dumingag
- Dumingag has a total of 44 barangays
- Registered Voters of Dumingag as of (2010) = 20,790
- Dumingag is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga del Sur
- Population of Dumingag (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 46,039
- Land Area of Dumingag (as of 2007, in hectares) = 29,775
- Dumingag is a 2nd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Dumingag is in the Zamboanga del Sur province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Dumingag Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 29,775
The town is bounded by the Province of Zamboanga del Norte on the western and northern side, Mahayag on the East, and the towns, Midsalip and Sominot on the South. It is the northernmost town in the province.
Location of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Dumingag is in the Zamboanga del Sur province.
- Zamboanga del Sur is within Region IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- source verbatim: http://www.dumingag.com
was part of the municipality of Molave when it was created into a barrio in 1950, and Jose Montuerto served as the first barrio lieutenant. On December 27, 1957 Dumingag became a municipality by virtue of Executive Order No. 283 issued by then President Carlos P. Garcia. Since its creation up to this writing, five municipal mayors have handled the reins of municipal government of Dumingag, namely: Hon. Isidoro Y. Real, Sr., 1957-1978; Hon. Julian C. Kho, 1978-1986; Hon. Domeciano E. Real, 1986-1998; Hon. Edgardo G. Jamero, 1998-2007; and Hon. Nacianceno M. Pacalioga Jr., 2007 up to the present. Hon. Isidoro Y. Real, Sr. is considered by many as the father and builder of Dumingag, he being the first and longest-serving mayor.
Dumingag was once a vast expanse of jungle and marshland, the favorite habitat of wildlife. Its first inhabitants were the Subanens who came from coastal areas of Misamis Occidental and Zamboanga del Sur. They were forced to go farther inland by influx of Visayan settlers. How did Dumingag get its name? Some says it is named after a noted Subanen chieftain and his wife, DUMI and INGAG.
Another supposed origin of the name "Dumingag" tells about the native fellow who was asked by a government agent as to what the name of the place was while watching a cockfight. When the game was through, the stranger inquired about the name of the place. The native curtly answered: "Duminag!" (meaning "I won"). The government agent misheard the word. Instead of "Duminag", he wrote down "Dumingag".
Thus, from that time on, the place has been officially identified as Dumingag.
Today, Dumingag is gradually inscribing its name in Region IX as well as in the national level as it garnered awards and citations in different fields of endeavor. Dumingag is no longer the mountainous place in the imagination of visitors but a spacious town headed towards progress and development.
People of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Dumingag Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 46,039
- Dumingag Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 20,790
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Dumingag for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Dumingag: Nacianceno Mejos Pacalioga Jr. - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Dumingag: Michael Flores Morpos - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of Dumingag:
- GUMBAN, FRANCISCO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3824 11.08%
- ADAPON, AGUSTIN SR. (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3353 9.71%
- PACALIOGA, ROGER (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3319 9.61%
- BORLING, REYNANTE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3250 9.41%
- MANDAO, CORAZON (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3241 9.39%
- TANGALIN, LARS CHRISTIAN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3149 9.12%
- LEDESMA, NILO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2964 8.58%
- DEGENION, BERNALDO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2963 8.58%
- Elected officials of Dumingag for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Dumingag: Nacianceno Mejos Pacalioga Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Dumingag: Michael Flores Morpos
- Councilors of Dumingag:
Barangay Elected Officials of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur
Businesses in Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Dumingag. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Dumingag
- Auto, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, and Financial Institutions in Dumingag
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Medical Supplies or Drug Stores
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses. Boarding houses, and Resorts
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops in Dumingag
- Salons, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Dumingag, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your school in Dumingag can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Dumingag you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Dumingag, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Dumingag Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Dumingag Zamboanga del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Dumingag in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Dumingag. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Dumingag landmarks here.
- Rivera Resort & Pool at Pob. Dumingag
- Scenic Mt. Paraya in brgy. Salvador is the only remaining forest in Duminga
- Waterfalls in brgy. Marangan, Dumingag
- Uy's Resort & a swimming pool from natural spring in Pob. Dumingag
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Dumingag.
Your Story about Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about Dumingag. You can talk about the good things in Dumingag or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Dumingag. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Dumingag? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Dumingag.
- Copy and paste the code below in "Green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.