Eastern Samar Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Eastern Samar province within Region VIII in the Republic of The Philippines
Arteche | Balangiga | Balangkayan | Can-Avid | Dolores | General Macarthur | Giporlos | Guiuan | Hernani | Jipapad | Lawaan | Llorente | Maslog | Maydolong | Mercedes | Oras | Quinapondan | Salcedo | San Julian | San Policarpo | Sulat | Taft
Cities in Eastern Samar: Borongan City (Capital)
Seal of the Province of Eastern Samar
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Eastern Samar|
Eastern Samar Province within The Philippines
Provincial Capitol Building of Samar
Church of Balangiga
|St. Paul and St. Peter Church in Guiuan|
Eastern Samar Province, Philippines
- Eastern Samar is a 2nd class province, has 22 Municipalities, 1 City, and 597 barangays.
Location of Eastern Samar, Philippines
- 11.6667° N, 125.5000° E - Eastern Samar, Coordinates
- Eastern Samar is located in Eastern Visayas within Region VIII
History of Eastern Samar, Philippines
- This article from the LGU of Eastern Samar Province
Eastern Samar became an independent province by virtue of Republic Act No. 4221 which Congress approved on June 19, 1965 dividing the then existing old province of Samar into three separate provinces, namely; Northern Samar, Western Samar (subsequently renamed Samar) and Eastern Samar. A plebiscite held simultaneously with the November 1965 general elections upheld the conversion of Eastern Samar into a separate province.
In 1967 the newly created province elected its first set of officials and on January 2, 1968, the provincial board had its inaugural session in the Borongan Town Hall which served as the temporary provincial capitol. Eight months later, the formal inauguration of the new province of Eastern Samar took place.
Before its existence as an independent province, places which now form part of Eastern Samar played important roles in the history of our country.
It was in Eastern Samar where Ferdinand Magellan landed in Homonhon Island in the town of Guiuan on March 16, 1521, in what is now officially recognized as the discovery of the Philippines by the Western World. Magellan called the place Zamal.
Sustained contact with Western civilization occurred as early as 1596. Jesuit missionaries worked their way from the western coast of the island of Samar and established mission centers in what is now Eastern Samar territory.
On September 28, 1901, Filipino rebels in the town of Balangiga attacked and almost wiped out American troops billeted in the municipal building and church convent. Now known in history books as the “Balangiga Massacre Day," the incident triggered a ruthless pacification campaign by US forces aimed at turning the entire island of Samar into a "howling wilderness." It was during this campaign that American soldiers took the Balangiga Bells from the Balangiga church as war trophies. The bells remain on display at Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
On October 17, 1944, US Army rangers landed on the island of Suluan in Guiuan where they fought their first battle on Philippine territory three days before Gen. Douglas MacArthur stormed the beaches of Leyte.
People of Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Eastern Samar Population (as of 2010 census)= 428,877
- Eastern Samar Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 census)= 405,114
Registered Voters per COMELEC (2010)= 216,169
- Elected officials of Eastern Samar for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Eastern Samar: NICART, AKLAN - LIBERAL PARTY
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Eastern Samar: PICARDAL, MARCELO - LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO
- House Representative of Eastern Samar: Congressman Ben Pagaran Evardone - LIBERAL PARTY
- Elected officials of Eastern Samar for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Eastern Samar: Conrado Basada Nicart Jr.
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Eastern Samar: Christopher S. Projemo Gonzales
- House Representative of Eastern Samar:Ben Pagaran Evardone
- Provincial Board Members of Eastern Samar:
- Elected officials of Eastern Samar for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Eastern Samar for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Eastern Samar for the term of 2007-2010
Barangays Elected Officials of Eastern Samar
Businesses in Eastern Samar, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Eastern Samar, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Eastern Samar, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Eastern Samar here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Eastern Samar here.
- List the Methodist churches in Eastern Samar here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Eastern Samar here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Eastern Samar here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Eastern Samar here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Eastern Samar here.
- List the Baptist churches in Eastern Samar here.
Schools in Eastern Samar, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Eastern Samar can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Eastern Samar, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Eastern Samar you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Eastern Samar, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Eastern Samar, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Eastern Samar Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Eastern Samar in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Eastern Samar. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Eastern Samar landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Eastern Samar, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Eastern Samar.
- Phl to put up own electronic development center – P-Noy
- Friday, October 31, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - President Aquino revealed yesterday that the National Government, through the Department of Science and Technology, is in the process of putting up a development center and tapping the expertise of Filipinos in making products world-class.
- “We have also been exploring our country’s capacity to design our own products, which is behind our drive to establish the Electronics Product Development Center in Bicutan, meant to assist product designers to improve the quality of their designs,” he said ........................ http://www.philstar.com/business/2014/10/31/1386310/phl-put-own-electronic-development-center-p-noyFull Story»]
- PH is still Asia’s top performer in closing gender gap
- Thursday, October 30, 2014
- MANILA, Oct. 30 -- The Philippines maintains its position as the Asia’s best performing country in closing gender disparity, according to the Global Gender Gap 2014 report of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Although short with just 0.02 points from last year’s standing, the country garnered 0.781 points, making us yet again the only country in Asia and the Pacific that has fully closed the gender gap in both education and health ........................ Full Story»
- Portugal virtual Phl grand touring champion
- Friday, October 31, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Taysan, Batangas Mayor Dondon Portugal put a lock on the overall crown with one leg to go in the 2014 Yokohama Philippine Grand Touring (GT) Car Championships, scoring a decisive sweep in the fifth leg at the Batangas Racing Circuit in Rosario, Batangas.
- Portugal ruled in the Sprint and the GT Main Races of the penultimate leg to virtually win the overall Yokohama plum and the GT300 crown .............................. Full Story»
Eastern Samar Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|6805||Gen. MacArthur||Eastern Samar|
|6814||San Julian||Eastern Samar|
|6821||San Policarpio||Eastern Samar|
Eastern Samar, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Eastern Samar.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Eastern Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Eastern Samar Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.