General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
Barangays of General Santos City, in the South Cotabato Province, Philippines
Apopong | Baluan | Batomelong | Buayan | Bula | Calumpang | City Heights | Conel | Dadiangas East | Dadiangas North | Dadiangas South | Dadiangas West | Fatima | Katangawan | Labangal | Lagao | Ligaya | Mabuhay | Olympog | San Isidro | San Jose | Siguel | Sinawal | Tambler | Tinagacan | Upper Labay
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the South Cotabato province within REGION XII (Soccsksargen) in the Republic of The Philippines
Banga | Lake Sebu | Norala | Polomolok | Santo Niño | Surallah | Tampakan | Tantangan | T'boli | Tupi
Cities in the Province of South Cotabato: General Santos City (Dadiangas) | Koronadal City (Capital)
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Official Seal of General Santos City, South Cotabato
General Santos City Map Locator
Location of South Cotabato
Aerial View of General Santos City
City Hall of General Santos City, South Cotabato
Location of General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
General Santos City is located ....
History of General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
General Santos City becomes a chartered City
Republic of the Philippines
Congress of the Philippines
Second Regular Session
Begun and held in Metro Manila, on Monday, the twenty eighth day of July, two thousand eight.
Republic Act No. 9649 AN ACT AMENDING REPUBLIC ACT NO. 5412, AS AMENDED, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE CHARTER OF THE CITY OF GENERAL SANTOS.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Philippines in Congress assembled:
Section 1. Sections 98 and 101 of Republic Act No. 5412, as amended, are hereby further amended to read as follows:
“Sec. 98. All land of the public domain having been ceded by the national government to the City of General Santos, the city shall exercise the rights and prerogatives over such lands in the concept of a beneficial owner. The disposition of all lands of the public domain within the city shall be in accordance with the provisions of Commonwealth Act No. 141, as amended, and all other pertinent laws, executive issuances, rules and regulations: Provided, That all incomes and receipts derived from such disposition, administration and management of all lands of the public domain shall accrue exclusively and to be turned over immediately without need of demand to the city as provided in this Act: Provided, further, That the city government shall at all times be consulted and informed such disposition, administration and management: Provided, finally, That the city government shall consur prior to any disposition , administration and management of such public lands.”
“Sec. 101. Ownership of Waterworks, Electric Light and Power and Telephone Systems, Roads, Streets, Etc. – Any provisions of law to the contrary nothwithstanding, all existing waterworks, electric light and power, and/or telephone systems presently operated by the Municipality of General Santos shall be owned by the city, and revenues therefrom shall accrue to the general fund of the city.
“All existing municipal and provincial roads, streets, bridges, docks, piers, wharves, machineries, equipment and other public works improvements shall be owned by the city, and all the funds and assets of the Municipality of General Santos shall be owned by the city and its liabilities shall be assumed by the city, any provision of law to the contrary nothwithstanding.
“Notwithstanding the provision of Republic Act Nos. 8371, 7916 and 6657, as amended, the city government shall be informed and its concurrence shall be sought on all matters relating to lands by agencies of government concerned, which the city council deternmines for the use of the city.”
Sec. 2. Republic Act No. 5412, as amended, is hereby further amended to add a new Section 101-A to read as follows:
“Sec. 101-A. Establishment and/or operation of any form of gambling authorized under existing laws such as, but not limited to, Presidential Decree Nos. 120, 1869 and Republic Act No. 1169, as amended, and the city shall not be allowed to accept upon prior concurrence of the City Government of General Santos.”
Sec. 3. Within sixty (60) days from the date of the effectivity of this Act, all concerned agencies of the government shall submit a comprehensive and detailed report of all dispositions of public lands in the city to the City Government.
Sec. 4. The provisions of this Act rendered ineffective by virtue of Republic Act No. 7160 or the Local Government Code, as amended, sprecifically paragraph (f). section 534 thereof are hereby deemed repealed and superseded accordingly.
Sec. 5. Any person who shall violate the provisions of this Act shall, in addition to the administrative, civil or criminal liability imposable under other existing laws, suffer the penalty of six (6) months imprisonment: Provided, That in the case of a government official or personnled, he/she shall likewise suffer the penalty of perpetual disqualification to hold public office.
Sec. 6. If any provision or part hereof is held invalid or unconstitutional, the remainder of the law or the provision not otherwise affected shall remain valid and subsisting.
Sec. 7. All laws, presidential decrees, executive orders, proclamations and/or administrative regulations which are inconsistent with the provisions of this Act are hereby amended, modified, superseded or repealed accordingly.
Sec. 8. To effectively implement the provision of this Act, the City Council of General Santos City, in coordination with the agencies of government concerned, shall promulgate the necessary implementing rules and regulations within sixty (60) days from the date of the effectivity of this Act.
Sec. 9. This Act shall take effect fifteen (15) days from its publication in at least two (2) newspapers of national circulation.
(SGD) JUAN PONCE ENRILE
President of the Senate
(SGD) PROSPERO C. NOGRALES
Speaker of the House of Representatives
This Act which is a consolidation of House Bill No. 6014 and Senate Bill No. 3275 was finally passed by the house of Representatives and the Senate on June 1, 2009.
(SGD) EMMA LIRIO-REYES
Secretary of the Senate
(SGD) MARILYN B. BARUA-YAP
Secretary General, House of Representatives
APPROVED: (July 7, 2009)
(SGD) GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO
President of the Philippines
People of General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
Total Population of General Santos City
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of General Santos City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of General Santos City: Ronnel Chua Rivera - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT
- Vice-Mayor of General Santos City: Shirlyn Legario Bañas - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT
- Councilors of General Santos City:
- LAGARE, DOM-DOM (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT 83321 4.86%
- BAGONOC, BETH (AIM) ACHIEVEMENT WITH INTEGRITY MOVEMENT 81753 4.76%
- MELLIZA, MONCHING (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT 80271 4.68%
- GACAL, JENG (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT 79883 4.66%
- NUÑEZ, LITA (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT 79116 4.61%
- LLIDO, SHANDEE (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT 78372 4.57%
- TAN, LIKLIK (PCM) PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT 77737 4.53%
- CLOMA, ART (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / PEOPLES CHAMP MOVEMENT 76730 4.47%
- ATENDIDO, RICHARD (AIM) ACHIEVEMENT WITH INTEGRITY MOVEMENT 75910 4.42%
- DINOPOL, VIVENCIO (AIM) ACHIEVEMENT WITH INTEGRITY MOVEMENT 74029 4.31%
- Elected officials of General Santos City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of General Santos City: Darlene M Ricasa Antonino-Custodio
- Vice-Mayor of General Santos City: Shirlyn Legario Bañas
- Councilors of General Santos City:
- Ronnel Chua Rivera
- Elizabeth Bairoy Bagonoc
- Vivencio Estrella Dinopol
- Richard Lozano Atendido
- Nepthale Piedad Natividad
- Eduardo Dacillo Leyson IV
- Dante Samson Vicente
- Virginia Tiongson Llido
- Dominador Santiago Lagare III
- Marius Orlando Aquino Oco
- Margareth Rose Narvaiza Santos
- Remus Pardillo De Claro
Barangay Elected Officials of General Santos City, South Cotabato
Businesses in General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in General Santos City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in General Santos City
- General Santos City Realty
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
- If you have real estate property for sale in General Santos City, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in General Santos City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of General Santos City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of General Santos City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within General Santos City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in General Santos City" page.
Natural Resources of General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of General Santos City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of General Santos City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the General Santos City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of General Santos City.
General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Featured News of The Philippines
- Malacanang welcomes World Bank’s report on improved business regulation in the Philippines
- Friday, December 20, 2013
- MANILA, Dec 20 -- The Palace welcomed a World Bank report showing the Philippines posting improved business regulations besting other economies around the world.
- “We welcome the report of the World Bank’s International Finance Corp., that showed the Philippines recording the biggest improvement in business regulations jumping 30 notches to 108th from 138th among 189 economies across the globe,” Communications Secretary Herminio “Sonny” Coloma Jr. said in a statement on Thursday.........Full Story»
- PSEi climbs back to 6,000 after US Fed Reserve’s modest stimulus tapering
- Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:12 am
- MANILA, Philippines—The local stock barometer rallied back to the 6,000 level on Thursday after the US Federal Reserve unveiled a modest – and widely anticipated – tapering of its monetary stimulus that has buoyed emerging market assets.
- As of 9:50 a.m., the main-share Philippine Stock Exchange has gained 87.57 points or 1.47 percent to reach 6,049.12, tracking an upbeat overnight trading in Wall Street.........Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Team Phl snares 3 more golds: Rider, relay team, lady jin triumph
- Friday, December 20, 2013 12:00 am
- NAY PYI TAW – With one explosion of speed, Archand Christian Bagsit chased the Thai anchor man, overhauled a two-meter lead and stormed home to a golden finish in the 4x400 meter relay team ending athletic competitions in the 27th Southeast Asian Games yesterday at the Wunnum Theikdi National Sports Complex.
- Bagsit, who earlier ruled the 3,000m steeplechase, was two strides behind when he took the stick from third runner Julius Nierras but he soon caught up with the Thai runner in the final bend...............Full Story»
Tax holiday for Pacquiao’s business
- Source: http://www.tempo.com.ph/2012/tax-holiday-for-pacquiaos-business/#.T65AgOgzCsE
- Saturday, May 12, 2012
- By Joseph Jubelag
GENERAL SANTOS CITY, Philippines – The city government here has given a six-year tax holiday for the newly-opened hotel business of couple Filipino boxing icon and Sarangani Rep. Emmanuel Pacquiao and wife Jinkee.
City Mayor Darlene Antonino-Custodio, who was among the guests during the inauguration of Roadhouse Hotel located along Barangay City Heights here, said Pacquiao’s new business venture will help boost the local tourism industry. She said the tax holiday is given by the city government to any investor, like Pacquiao who is willing to put up business venture in the city. “This is one way of encouraging more investors to invest in the city,” Custodio said. Jinkee Pacquiao led the opening ceremony last Tuesday of the 42-bedroom county like hotel in the suburban Barangay City Heights which was attended by local officials including Sarangani Vice-Gov. Steve Solon and Vice-Mayor Shirlyn Nograles. The hotel is equipped with modern facilities including a coffee shop, restaurant and function rooms. “We assure that our guests will have a memorable stay in our place,” Jinkee said.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for General Santos City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:South Cotabato, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.