Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
Barangays (92) of Baybay City, in the Leyte Province within Region 8 of The Philippines
Altavista • Ambacan • Amguhan • Ampihanon • Balao • Banahao • Biasong • Bidlinan • Bitanhuan • Bubon • Buenavista • Bunga • Butigan • Candadam • Caridad • Ciabo • Cogon • Ga-as • Gabas • Gakat • Guadalupe • Gubang • Hibunawan • Higuloan • Hilapnitan • Hipusngo • Igang • Imelda • Jaena • Kabalasan • Kabatuan • Kabungaan • Kagumay • Kambonggan • Kan-ipa • Kansungka • Kantagnos • Kilim • Lintaon • Maganhan • Mahayahay • Mailhi • Maitum • Makinhas • Mapgap • Marcos • Maslug • Matam-is • Maybog • Maypatag • Monte Verde • Monterico • Palhi • Pangasungan • Pansagan • Patag • Plaridel • Poblacion Zone 1 • Poblacion Zone 2 • Poblacion Zone 3 • Poblacion Zone 4 • Poblacion Zone 5 • Poblacion Zone 6 • Poblacion Zone 7 • Poblacion Zone 8 • Poblacion Zone 9 • Poblacion Zone 10 • Poblacion Zone 11 • Poblacion Zone 12 • Poblacion Zone 13 • Poblacion Zone 14 • Poblacion Zone 15 • Poblacion Zone 16 • Poblacion Zone 17 • Poblacion Zone 18 • Poblacion Zone 19 • Poblacion Zone 20 • Poblacion Zone 21 • Poblacion Zone 22 • Poblacion Zone 23 • Pomponan • Punta • Sabang • San Agustin • San Isidro • San Juan • Santa Cruz • Santo Rosario • Sapa • Villa Mag-aso • Villa Solidaridad • Zacarito
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Leyte|
Leyte Province within The Philippines
Please upload picture
Guadalupe, Baybay City
Location of Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
- Guadalupe is one of the Barangays in Baybay City.
- Baybay City is in the Province of Leyte
- Leyte is an island province within Region VIII in the Eastern Visayas area.
History of Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
Formerly Barangay Guadalupe is a part of or a sitio of Barangay Gabas known as Utod. The word utod means "cut" in English. An equally viable story, mostly known is that Utod got it name as a by product of sawing "Gabas". So, the product of sawing is a piece of something being cut or done.
Historically, a Barangay is relatively a small community of around 50 to 100 families, Most villages has only 30 to 100 houses and the population varies from 100 to 500 persons. According to Legazpi, he found communities with 20 t0 30 persons only. Many coastal villages in Visayan region consisted of no more than 8 to 10 houses. The word itself derived from ancient Malay boat called Balangay. It is commonly believed in precolonial Philippines, each coastal Balangay formed as a result of settlers arriving by boat.
OnJune 21, 1959 by virtue of Republic Act No. 2606, an act changing the name of barrio Utod in the municipality of Baybay, province of Leyte, to Guadalupe.It was then the time of Philippine 4th congress ( 1957-1961 ) represented by Congressman Alberto Aguja a representative from the 2nd legislative district of Leyte. Normally the congressman is the one responsible for passing a law converting a village into a Barrio or Barangay.The municipality of Baybay along with the municipalities of Inopacan, Hindang, Hilongos, Bato, Matalom, Albuera, (Ormoc) became a city only in 1947 and Kananga established only in 1950 all belong to the 2nd district of Leyte. The 2nd district of Leyte was represented by the late Congressman Domingo Veloso predecessor of Congressman Alberto Aguja who served the 1st congress(1946-1949), the 2nd congress(1949-1953), and the 3rd congress(1953-1957). Practically, Congressman Domingo Veloso served the congress from 1946 to 1957 in row from the first congress to the third congress.
1959 the same year the province of Souther Leyte was created. This was then the time of President Carlos P. Garcia another President from the Visayas region.
Barangay Guadalupe is located 7 kilometers north from the town proper of Baybay in the province of Leyte. On the East Backdrop the Grandeur of Pangasugan Mountain to the West the Beautiful Camotes sea to the north the Visayas State University and to the south the mother Barangay of Gabas.
Our Barangay is headed by Hon. Alexander A. Abungan( Punong Barangay) the chairman of Guadalupe Sangguniang Barangay. He lead the Barangay councilors(Kagawad) composed of Hon. Manuel M. Arabiana, chair committe on Agriculture,Fisheries, Cooperatives and Livelihood. Hon. Monico C. Amihan chair on Finance, Ways and Means, Rules and Laws. Hon. Isidro A. Amihan chair on Social Services, Hon Jose A. Espinosa chair on Education and Environment, Hon. Herminia B. Alba chair on Health, Hon. Artemio T. Nayre chair on Peace and Order and Hon. Alejandro C. Bartolini chair on Infrastructure and Public Utilities Maintenance.The SK Chairman head of the youth council is the 8th member to the council Hon. Melvince R. Martirez direct the Youth oriented activities and Sports, with him are his members to the youth council the sprung out of the Kabataan Barangay which started during the Marcos Administration.
|To East backdrop the Grandeur of Mt. Pangasugan.|
|To the West the Beautiful Camotes Sea.|
|To the North the Visayas State University.|
|To South Our former Mother Barangay Gabas as seen in the Background.|
People of Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
Total Population of Guadalupe
Elected Government Officials of Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
- Elected Officers of Guadalupe for the term of 2010 - 2013
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, Kagawad 1, Manuel M Arabiana Sr
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, Kagawad 2, Monico C Amihan
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, Kagawad 3, Isidro A Amihan
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, Kagawad 4, Jose A Espinosa
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, Kagawad 5, Herminia B Alba
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, Kagawad 6, Artemio T Nayre
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, Kagawad 7, Alejandro C Bartolini
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, Punong Barangay (Chairman), Alexander A Abungan
- Leyte, Baybay City, Guadalupe, SK Chairman, Melvince R Martirez
Businesses in Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Guadalupe, Baybay City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsor zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Guadalupe
- Oradalami Store
- Rizal Street,Zone 4
- Guadalupe Baybay City, Leyte.
- Tel. #563-1389
- Oradalami Store
Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes.
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Guadalupe, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
The schools in Guadalupe
Economy of Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Guadalupe, Baybay City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Guadalupe, Baybay City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Guadalupe, Baybay City. Where does the energy source of this Baybay City come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
Tourists Attractions of Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Guadalupe in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Guadalupe. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Guadalupe landmarks here.
Fiestas and Traditions of Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
Fiesta date of Guadalupe
Your Story about Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
Tell your story about Guadalupe. You can talk about the good things in Guadalupe or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Guadalupe. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Guadalupe? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Guadalupe.
Copy the code in "blue" below and paste it to edit section of the photo you are uploading.
It will automatically categorize your uploaded picture for Guadalupe.
[[Category:Guadalupe, Baybay City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Guadalupe, Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.