Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
List of Barangays in Guagua, in the Pampanga Province within Region 3 in the Republic of The Philippines
Ascomo • Bancal • Jose Abad Santos (Siran) • Lambac • Magsaysay • Maquiapo • Natividad • Plaza Burgos (Pob.) • Pulungmasle • Rizal • San Agustin • San Antonio • San Isidro • San Jose • San Juan • San Juan Bautista • San Juan Nepomuceno • San Matias • San Miguel (Betis) • San Nicolas 1st • San Nicolas 2nd • San Pablo • San Pedro • San Rafael (Duck Island) • San Roque • San Vicente (Ibus) • Santa Filomena (Pob.) • Santa Ines • Santa Ursula • Santo Cristo • Santo Niño (Pob.)
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Pampanga province within Region III in the Republic of The Philippines
Apalit || Arayat || Bacolor || Candaba || Floridablanca || Guagua || Lubao || Mabalacat || Macabebe || Magalang || Masantol || Mexico || Minalin || Porac || San Luis || San Simon || Santa Ana || Santa Rita || Santo Tomas || Sasmuan
Cities in the Province of Pampanga: Angeles City || San Fernando City - Capital
Official Seal of Guagua, Pampanga
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines|
Guagua in Pampanga
Pampanga Province within the Philippines
Municipal Hall of Guagua
Municipal Court of Guagua
Down Town Guagua
Geography of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares) = 4,867
Location of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
History of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
- article below copied verbatim from: http://www.pasyalan.net/pampanga/guagua/
"Wawa" which means "mouth of a river" or "alua or bukana" in the vernacular, was the original name of the town of Guagua as first known in the year 1590. Evidently, the town is strategically located along a river which played a vital role in trade and transportation in the early eras.
Guagua was already a prosperous settlement way before the Spaniards came to take control of the town in the year 1561. Indeed, there were archeological artifacts excavated in a nearby town which affirmed a pre-historic community in Guagua.
Early inhabitants opted to stay in the town because it was here that they could engage in barter trade with people from different islands, along with other means of livelihood like fishing and farming. The navigable river with which the town was endowed allowed shipping vessels to transport commodities to and from other chief localities, particularly the imperial Manila. The first cargo boat to arrive in Guagua was the "Doña Dominga" on May 7, 1884. Much later it was followed by the steamships "Kaibigan" and "Kababayan," which anchored at the pier in Bo. Sto. Niño, better known as the Yangco Landing.
In 1892, when the Manila-Mabalacat railroad was inaugurated, Guagua was virtually the port of embarkation to and from Manila that served the province. Commerce was further improved when the San Fernando-Guagua line of the railroad was chartered on November 17, 1907.
The Chinese people have long been part in Guagua's social and economic mainstream. In the 18th century, they sought refuge in the town to escape Spanish atrocity in Manila. After their near total slaughter, the Chinese lived in relative peace while they freely practiced their craft and mingled hand-in-hand with the local residents. The Chinese residents were merchants, masons, woodcarvers, carpenters, agriculturists, and laborers. Their influence on the cultural and economic life of Guagua cannot be overlooked. The town could not have prospered so readily without the Chinese' economic services.
The town took significant part in the revolutionary struggles against the foreign intruders. A house near the catholic church was made a secret cell of the Katipuneros in August 1897. In March 1898, all Spaniards in Guagua were murdered marking the end of Spanish colonialism, and the outset of American rule. Moreover, during the Philippine-American War and the ensuing 2nd World War, Guagua became an important battleground.
At the turn of the 20th century, a new system of education was introduced and made popular and available to the Filipinos. The Guagua Elementary School in Bo. Sta. Filomena, is believed to be the first to be established in the town in the year 1901. Later in that year, an English teacher came to Betis area and opened a primary school which functioned on a regular basis. In 1908, Colegio del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus (now St. Mary's Academy in Bo. San Roque) was established in a two-storey building donated by a charitable matron, in downtown Guagua. Later in 1918, Guagua National Institute (now Guagua National Colleges in Bo. Sta. Filomena) was founded at the convent of the catholic church. Further, in 1941, the then parish priest, felt the need for another high school in town, so he opened Saint Michael's College.
People of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
- Registered Voters 1 (2010) = 61,022
- Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 104,284
Local Government Unit LGU of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Guagua for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Guagua: RIVERA, RIC (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA
- Vice-Mayor of Guagua: TWAÑO, ANTHONNY (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA
- Councilors of Guagua:
- TORRES, BABY HOWELL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 21950 9.79%
- GUILAS, ROMEO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 21464 9.58%
- REYES, ROAN (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 20833 9.30%
- EUSOOF, SAJID KHAN (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 20664 9.22%
- CARREON, JOAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 20376 9.09%
- SUNGLAO, ROY (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 19251 8.59%
- PONIO, EUGENE PAUL (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 16561 7.39%
- RIVERA, MICHELLE (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 15232 6.80%
- Elected officials of Guagua for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Guagua: Ricardo Sison Rivera
- Vice-Mayor of Guagua: Anthonny Sarmiento Twaño
- Councilors of Guagua:
Barangay Elected Officials of Guagua, Pampanga for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Guagua.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Guagua
- Guagua, Pampanga Realty
- Banks, Pawnshops, and Lending Institutions
- Restaurants, Resorts, and Catering Services
- Hospitals, Pharmacies, Dental and Optical Clinics
- Department Stores, Retail Stores
Real Estate for Sale in Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Guagua, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
- Catholic Church Of San Matias, Guagua, Pampanga
- Catholic Church of San Juan 1st Guagua, Pampanga
- Catholic church Of Guagua,pampanga
- Iglesia Filipina Independence Church Brgy. San Isidro, Guagua, Pampanga
- La Consolascion Parish church San Isidro, Guagua, Pampanga
- Santiago Apostol Parish Church, San Miguel (Betis), Guagua, Pampanga
Schools in Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Guagua can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Guagua you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Guagua, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Guagua in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Guagua. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Guagua landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Guagua.
Guagua, Pampanga supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Your Story about Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines
Tell your story about Guagua. You can talk about the good things in Guagua or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Guagua. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Guagua.
- Copy and paste the code below in GREEN to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Guagua Pampanga Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Pampanga, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.