Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
Balcon Maravilla •
Balcon Melliza •
San Miguel •
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
Jordan Guimaras Official Seal
Please upload picture
Jordan, Guimaras Province
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Guimaras|
Guimaras Province within The Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Jordan Guimaras Municipal Hall
Please upload picture
- Jordan has a total of 14 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Jordan as of (2010) = 17,441
- Jordan is in the "LONE" Voting Congressional District of Guimaras.
- Population of Jordan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 32,524
- Land Area of Jordan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 12,611
- Jordan is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Jordan is in the Guimaras province and within Region VI in the western part of the Visayan Islands.
Geography of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
The Municipality of Jordan is located on the western part of Guimaras which in turn is situated right in the middle of Panay and Negros in Western Visayas with Iloilo and Guimaras Strait separating it from the north island respectively. Jordan is bounded on the north by the Municipality of Buenavista, San Lorenzo to the east and Sibunag to the south. At its nearest point, it is approximately 1.5 nautical miles from Iloilo. This central location serves well its function as the provincial capital of the Province of Guimaras. In terms of absolute location Jordan lies within latitudes 10º04′00″ N and 10º26′00″ N and the longitudes 122º30′00″ E and 122º45′00″ E. The main point of entry into the Municipality is the Jordan Wharf located in Brgy. Rizal. It is the nearest point of access from Iloilo City allowing the Municipality better trade opportunities and development stimuli than the other municipalities. This may be the reason why Jordan is also regarded as the commercial center of the island. (source verbatim from:http://guimaras.gov.ph/)
Location of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
Jordan is located ....
Sports News of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Jordan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Jordan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Jordan.
- Pacquiao dangles P5M to first Filipino gold medalist in Olympics
- Thursday, July 3, 2015 7:41 pm
- The first Filipino gold medalist in Rio de Janeiro Olympics next year will also get a P5 million reward.
- The Saranggani representative and world boxing superstar made his pledge last night after turning over his memorabilia to the Philippine Sports Museum ................................ Full Story»
News and Events
- PH gets good grades in IMF fiscal transparency report
- Friday, July 3, 2015 3:47 am
- THE GOVERNMENT should take a longer view on planning its finances to promote transparency and assure investors of the continuity of projects, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said.
- In a new report, the IMF also urged Congress to push for vital reforms that would, among others, provide clearer rules in the state’s budgeting process, particularly in the use of politicized, lumped slush funds ........ Full Story»
- Philippines, EU eye free trade pact
- Thursday, July 2, 2015 12:00 am
- BALER, Aurora, Philippines – The European Union and the Philippines are exploring the possibility of forging a free trade agreement (FTA) beneficial to both Spain and its former colony, Spanish Ambassador Luis A. Calvo said here Tuesday.
- Speaking during the 13th Philippine-Spanish Friendship Day coinciding with the 116th anniversary of the historic “Siege of Baler at the Baler Church, Calvo said the EU and the Philippines are looking at the FTA similar to the Association of Southeast Asian Nations integrated economic zone ........ Full Story»
History of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
Just like the other two municipalities of Buenavista and Nueva Valencia in Guimaras, the history of Jordan dates back to the time when the island was Christianized by the Spaniards in 1591. The towns then were known as pueblicitos (villages) of Nayup (Buenavsita) with San Pedro de Apostol as patron saint; Nabilhan (Jordan) with San Juan Bautista as its patron saint; and Agang (Nueva Valencia) whose patroness was Santa Ana. Although during the Spanish regime, there were separate powers between the church and the state, yet the church had much influence in the creation of pueblos (towns) and also in other affairs of the government. Jordan was part of Buenavista when the Spaniards gave Guimaras its municipal status in 1886. When the Filipinos revolted against Spain, Guimaras was governed by Junta Local. Natives of the island took part in the fighting until the Spaniards were defeated. Spain’s dominion over the country ended in 1898.
The development of Guimaras and the steady growth of population necessitated the splitting of the island into municipalities. It was in January, 1918 during the term of Presidente Municipal Melquiades Javellana, that the progressive barrio of Nagaba was established as a municipality. Its area of jurisdiction included the barrio of then Sta. Ana (Nueva Valencia). Valeriano Villanueva was appointed as the Presidented Municipal and served the municipality until 1919.
In 1919, an election was held and Hugo Chavez was elected as the first Presidente Municipal. The municipal building was then in a site known today as Sitio Bucao in the Poblacion. Later on, it was transferred to the Poblacion (NFA building) beside the plaza and near the Roman Catholic Church. Hugo Chavez was succeeded by Licerio Segovia (1921-1923), Alberto Gonzaga (1923-1925), Feliz Ronzales (1925-1928), Hilario Nava (1929-1932) and again Hugo Chavez (1932-1935). As preparation for its independence, the Americans established the Commonwealth government. In Jordan, Hugo Chavez was appointed as the Commonwealth Mayor from 1936-1938. He was succeeded by Leodegario Galarpe (1939-1941) who served until the invasion of the Japanese in 1941.
Guimaras, being a wooded area during that time, was made the sanctuary of people coming from Panay. In Jordan, Cirilo Galotera served as Municipal Mayor for only six months. The Japanese imposed a system of government known as KALIBAPI or Neighborhood Association headed by a Speaker. Most of the Americans and Filipinos did not surrender to the Japanese. They continued the fight thru guerilla warfare. In Jordan, the guerillas constructed a garrison in Sitio Nagub-an, Sta. Teresa and in Ayakan in Constancia. From there, they launched raids against the Japanese in nearby areas of Panay. Natives of Jordan themselves in the struggle against the Japanese. Among them are Lt. Col. Luis C. Herrera, Lt. Jesus Gallego, Captain Cayetano Galve and Cpl. Antonio Galanto. (source verbatim from:http://guimaras.gov.ph/)
People of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
- Population (as of May 1, 2010 census)= 34,791
The people of Jordan are unfortunate in the sense that aside from legends and folklores transmitted from generation to generation by word of mouth, no one was able to record the events that transpired since Guimaras became a settlement until the present. Whatever records that existed during the Spanish and American eras were lost during the war and was ravaged by termites which destroyed the local parish records. However, it can be safely assumed that the aetas are the aborigines of the place and quite a few of them are still presently living within the municipality. They are settled in Sitio Sablay, Ravina and Sitio Kati-Kati, Talangban and the neighboring areas, much unlike the wandering aetas of other provinces. The majority of the large families now residing in Jordan are descendants from the migrants from other municipalities of Panay, Negros and the surrounding islands of the Visayas region. (source verbatim from:http://guimaras.gov.ph/)
Local Government Unit LGU of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Jordan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Jordan: Cresente Pinuela Chavez Jr. - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Jordan: CORPUZ, RUBEN - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Jordan:
- ATIENZA, NONOY VITO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5714 8.35%
- GAITAN, GERRY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 5709 8.34%
- GALOTERA, LITTLE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5013 7.32%
- GAITAN, GRACE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4900 7.16%
- LACSON, GENE (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4429 6.47%
- GANGE, BEBET (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4421 6.46%
- DURAN, JOSE JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 4396 6.42%
- ESPINOSA, EVANGELINE (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4238 6.19%
- Elected officials of Jordan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Jordan: Cresente Pinuela Chavez Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Jordan: Eros Eleferia Elevencione
- Councilors of Jordan:
Barangays Elected Officials of Jordan, Guimaras
Businesses in Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Jordan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Jordan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Jordan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Jordan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Jordan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Jordan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Jordan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Jordan.
Your Story about Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Jordan? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Jordan. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Jordan, Guimaras.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Jordan, Guimaras Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Guimaras, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Jordan, Guimaras, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.