Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of Josefina, in the Zamboanga del Sur Province, Philippines
Bogo Calabat • Dawa • Ebarle • Gumahan • Leonardo • Litapan • Lower Bagong Tudela • Mansanas • Moradji • Nemeño • Nopulan • Sebukang • Tagaytay Hill • Upper Bagong Tudela
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Municipalities in the Zamboanga Del Sur Province within Region IX in Republic of The Philippines
Aurora • Bayog • Dimataling • Dinas • Dumalinao • Dumingag • Guipos • Josefina • Kumalarang • Labangan • Lakewood • Lapuyan • Mahayag • Margosatubig • Midsalip • Molave • Pitogo • Ramon Magsaysay • San Miguel • San Pablo • Sominot • Tabina • Tambulig • Tigbao • Tukuran • Vincenzo A. Sagun
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
Seal of Josefina
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur|
Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga del Sur Map Locator
Welcome to Josefina, From Zamboanga del Norte
Municipality Hall of Josefina
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Officials of Josefina
Sari Sari and Feeds Store, Josefina
Villa's Minimart, Josefina
- Josefina has a total of 14 barangays
- Registered Voters of Josefina as of (2010) = 5,672
- Josefina is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga del Sur
- Population of Josefina (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 10,796
- Land Area of Josefina (as of 2007, in hectares) = 5,635
- Josefina is an un-classified Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Josefina is in the Zamboanga del Sur province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Josefina Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 5,635
Location of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- 8.2000° N, 123.5333° E - Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Coordinates
- Josefina is in the Zamboanga del Sur province.
- Zamboanga del Sur is within Region IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Article below copied verbatim from wikipedia
In the early years the lands of which is now Josefina was part of the Municipality of Aurora. In later years Molave separated from Aurora and became a town; at that time Tambulig and the area now within the jurisdiction of the present municipality were still part of the former. Some years later Tambulg became independent and was recognized as a township with the land of Josefina still tagged as part of its territories. During this time the 1st Visayan settlers came to live in the area. These settlers came from Tudela, Misamis Occidental, a barrio part of Tambulig was established and was named Bagong Tudela. Some years passed and the Paredes family, one of the first settlers, was able to acquire properties there and named it "Salug Estate". A member of the family was a rubber technologist at that time and worked in Borneo. He brought along his learnings and expertise and together with the locals, "the Subanen", planted his land with Rubber Trees. By then the Rubber Technologist, Nicholas Paredes, coined the name "New Town" for the new rubber plantation.
With the rubber plantation, the place was then locally called as "Gumahan". This became a new trading center and small businesses came bustling. With the increased activity in this new location it was then christened as "Upper Bagong Tudela". This eventually became the center of the new community.
In the early 70s the people of Gumahan and its outlying barrios made a move, through the leadership of Nicholas Paredes, to create a town. They were able to submit the proposal to congress, through the sponsorship of then Cong. Cerilles, and it passed the 2nd congressional reading. Scheduled for the 3rd and final congressional reading before its township Martial Law was declared dissolving the Congress. The hope of the people to have a town of their own was dashed and the idea was set aside.
People of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Josefina Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 10,796
- Josefina Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 5,672
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Josefina for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Josefina: Maria Fe Mahinay Pitogo - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Josefina: Catalino Anggot Adapon - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Councilors of Josefina:
- VILLAS, TERESITO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3120 9.37%
- FLORES, TATA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3102 9.31%
- ASUNCION, RALFEY (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3091 9.28%
- JAICTEN, BENJAMIN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 3023 9.08%
- MAISOG, EDGAR (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2985 8.96%
- AKIATAN, NITA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2982 8.95%
- ETULLE, ALBERTO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2980 8.95%
- CELIZ, EDGAR (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 2925 8.78%
- Elected officials of Josefina for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of Josefina: Maria Fe Mahinay Pitogo
- Vice-Mayor of Josefina: Catalino Anggot Adapon
- Councilors of Josefina:
Businesses in Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Josefina, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Lady of Fatima Parish Catholic Church
- Poor Clare Monastery of Our Lady of the Poor
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
- United Church of Christ in the Phippines
Schools in Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Josefina Central Schoo
- Dr. Ma. Virgilia Bagalanon - District Supervisor
- Mrs. Myrna B. Onto - Principal
- Leonardo National High School
- Mr. Arturo Antiquina Jr. - Principal
- JH Cerilles State College - Josefina Campus
- Mayor Ma. Fe M. Pitogo - Administrator
- Nita M. Akiatan, MA - Asst. Academic Head
Economy of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Josefina you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Josefina, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Josefina Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Josefina Zamboanga del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Josefina in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Josefina. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Josefina landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Josefina.
Your Story about Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Josefina? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Josefina.
- Copy and paste the code below in "Green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Josefina, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.