Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
Aguiting • Cacao • Hiluctogan • Kawayan • Libertad • Libongao • Lim-ao • Lonoy • Mahawan • Masarayao • Monte Alegre • Monte Bello • Naghalin • Natubgan • Poblacion • Rizal • San Ignacio • San Isidro • Santo Domingo • Santo Niño • Tagaytay • Tongonan • Tugbong
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the province of Leyte within Region VIII in the Republic of The Philippines
Abuyog || Alangalang || Albuera || Babatngon || Barugo || Bato || Burauen || Calubian || Capoocan || Carigara || Dagami || Dulag || Hilongos || Hindang || Inopacan || Isabel || Jaro || Javier || Julita || Kananga || La Paz || Leyte || Macarthur || Mahaplag || Matag-Ob || Matalom || Mayorga || Merida || Palo || Palompon || Pastrana || San Isidro || San Miguel || Santa Fe || Tabango || Tabontabon || Tanauan || Tolosa || Tunga || Villaba
Cities in the province of Leyte: Baybay City || Ormoc City || Tacloban City (Capital)
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Kananga, Leyte Official Seal
Please upload picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Leyte|
Leyte Province within The Philippines
Kananga, Leyte Municipal Hall
Please upload picture
Geography of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
Kananga Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)=
Location of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
History of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
The beginning of Kananga
People of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
- Kananga Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) =
- Kananga Registered Voters (2009) =
Local Government Unit LGU of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Kananga for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Kananga: CODILLA, EMING (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO
- Vice-Mayor of Kananga: LUMANGTAD, BOY (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO
- Councilors of Kananga:
- CAPANAS, PDIC (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 10842 7.14%
- ASEO, ONSOT (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 10838 7.14%
- CLAVEL, MARK (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 10425 6.87%
- SANCHEZ, WINNIE (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 10172 6.70%
- VILLAR, ANA (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 10087 6.64%
- TAGANAS, VINCE (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 9765 6.43%
- LACNO, EDITTE (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 9746 6.42%
- RECTA, OPONG BOY (PMP) PWERSA NG MASANG PILIPINO 9605 6.33%
- Elected officials of Kananga for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Kananga: Elmer Capahi Codilla
- Vice-Mayor of Kananga: Macario Villamor Lumangtad Jr.
- Councilors of Kananga:
Barangay Elected Officials of Kananga, Leyte
Businesses in Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Kananga.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Kananga
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Kananga, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
The name of your school in Kananga can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Kananga you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Kananga, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Kananga in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Kananga. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Kananga landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Kananga.
Your Story about Kananga, Leyte, Philippines
Tell your story about Kananga. You can talk about the good things in Kananga or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Kananga. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Kananga, Leyte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Kananga, Leyte.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Kananga, Leyte Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Leyte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Kananga, Leyte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.