La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Barangays of La Libertad, in the Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines
El Paraiso • La Union • La Victoria • Mauswagon • Mercedes • New Argao • New Bataan • New Carcar • Poblacion • San Jose • Santa Catalina • Santa Cruz • Singaran
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of La Libertad
La Libertad within Zamboanga del Norte
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines|
Municipality Hall of La Libertad
- La Libertad has a total of 13 barangays
- Registered Voters of La Libertad as of (2010) = 5,149
- La Libertad is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga del Norte
- Population of La Libertad (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 7,670
- Land Area of La Libertad (as of 2007, in hectares) = 6,951
- La Libertad is a 5th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- La Libertad is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
La Libertad Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 6,951
Location of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- La Libertad is in the Zamboanga del Norte province.
- Zamboanga del Norte is within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The beginning of La Libertad
People of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- La Libertad Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 7,670
- La Libertad Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 5,149
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of La Libertad for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of La Libertad: Romeo Jumalon Mejias - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of La Libertad: Alvin Garcia Zamora - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of La Libertad:
- MEJIAS, RUBEN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 1152 8.23%
- RAMO, JOELITO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 1126 8.04%
- ALDOJESA, ORLANDO SR. (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 989 7.06%
- TUBA-ON, RAMIL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 926 6.61%
- DALMACIO, DODO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 902 6.44%
- SULIT, JEROME (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 889 6.35%
- OMALSA, BEN (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 843 6.02%
- LOOD, YAYOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 828 5.91%
- Elected officials of La Libertad for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of La Libertad: Anjanette Sulit Manglag
- Vice-Mayor of La Libertad: Panido Cabañas Manlupig
- Councilors of La Libertad:
- Elected officials of La Libertad for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Manuel Corre Sulit
- Vice-Mayor: Lowile Caroro Zamora
Barangay Elected Officials of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte
- Salvador shoots for golf 3-peat
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:01 am
- SILANG, Cavite— Elmer Salvador sets out for a rare three-peat against a crack international field out to foil his record bid on the Asian Development Tour, ensuring a slam-bang action right in the opener of the $100,000 Aboitiz Invitational today (Wednesday) at the Riviera Golf and Country’s Club’s Couples course here.
- The overnight downpour has made the par-72 layout longer and a lot tougher and the forecast of rain in the next three days could bring out the best or worst in the 130-player field that includes the country’s aces and a slew of ADT campaigners seeking to boost their respective rankings in the Order of Merit for a crack at berths in next year’s Asian Tour ............................. Full Story»
- Phl stocks extend winning streak
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) extended yesterday its winning streak, closing above the 7,100-mark for the second time this year.
- Despite fluctuating throughout the day, the PSEi managed to gain 0.19 percent or 13.26 points to close at a fresh 14-month high of 7,146.35. The broader all shares index also inched up 0.09 percent or 3.87 points to 4,221.42 ........................ Full Story»
- Philippines to make fresh push for SMEs during Asean economic ministers' meet
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:33 am
- MANILA – With less than two years before the Asean Economic Community (AEC) goes into force, the Philippines will lobby for more measures to ensure small and medium enterprises (SMEs) can benefit from regional integration.
- “We are always pushing for SME trade facilitation so that it will be easier for SMEs to export and trade with other members,” Trade Secretary Gregory Domingo told reporters in a briefing held before he flew for the Asean Economic Ministers (AEM) ........................ Full Story»
Businesses in La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Libertad. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Libertad
- Auto, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, and Financial Institutions in Libertad
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses. Boarding houses, and Resorts
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops in Libertad
- Salons, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate for Sale or lease in La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in La Libertad, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The name of your school in La Libertad can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of La Libertad you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of La Libertad, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within La Libertad Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in La Libertad Zamboanga del Norte" page.
Natural Resources of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of La Libertad in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of La Libertad. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the La Libertad landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of La Libertad.
Your Story about La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Tell your story about La Libertad. You can talk about the good things in La Libertad or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of La Libertad. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of La Libertad? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- La Libertad Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for La Libertad.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[La Libertad, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.