La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
Barangays of La Trinidad in the Benguet province of the Philippines
Alapang • Alno • Ambiong • Bahong • Balili • Beckel • Betag • Bineng • Cruz • Lubas • Pico • Poblacion • Puguis • Shilan • Tawang • Wangal
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Benguet Province within Region XIV-CAR in the Republic of The Philippines
Atok | Bakun | Bokod | Buguias | Itogon | Kabayan | Kapangan | Kibungan | La Trinidad (Capital) | Mankayan | Sablan | Tuba | Tublay
Cities in the province of Benguet: Baguio City
Seal of La Trinidad
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Benguet|
La Trinidad, Benguet Map Locator
Benguet Province within The Philippines
Municipal Hall Building of La Trinidad
- La Trinidad has a total of 16 barangays
- Registered Voters of La Trinidad as of (2010) = 31,679
- La Trinidad is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Benguet.
- Population of La Trinidad (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 97,810
- Land Area of La Trinidad (as of 2007, in hectares) = 7,004
- La Trinidad is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- La Trinidad is in the Benguet province and within Region_XIV in the Northern part of the island of luzon – Cordillera Administrative Region
Geography of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
La Trinidad Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 7,004
Location of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
- La Trinidad is in the Benguet province.
- Benguet is within Region_XIV-Cordillera in the island of luzon
- Article below from:www.nscb.gov.ph
Located 3 kilometers north of Baguio City, La Trinidad is home to a mix of ethno-linguistic groups. Its urban area radiates from the valley floor which is surrounded by mountain ridges with a cool climate of 18.55 degrees centigrade.
As the capital town of Benguet, it serves as the trading, educational and institutional center for the province.
Business activities are based on the marketing of agricultural products from the La Trinidad Vegetable Trading Post to market outlets across the country.
Its rustic character remains in the rural areas whose economy focuses on the production of high value commercial vegetables, cutflowers and strawberries, earning its reputation as "The Strawberry Fields and Rose Garden of the Philippines."
History of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
La Trinidad has its own interesting contributions to the colorful history of the Cordilleras. The very name “Benguet” was once limited to the area of what is now the La Trinidad Valley. Its name La Trinidad is the namesake of her discoverer, Don Q.M. Quirante's beloved and beautiful wife. At a certain time in the late 1800's and early 1900's, La Trinidad was relatively the most developed settlement in the Benguet area. It likewise served as the capital of the administrative territory of Benguet during the Spanish era, the short-lived Philippine Revolutionary government and the early part of the American Rule.
In June 16, 1950, La Trinidad became a regular municipality by virtue of RA #531. The commercialization of the vegetable industry of the Province of Benguet rendered La Trinidad as the center of marketing activities during the mid 80's. This spurred socio-economic growth for the municipality. Today, with signs of near cityhood, La Trinidad continues to have an agriculturally-based economy boasting of its strawberry and flower gardens.
People of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
- La Trinidad Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 97,810
- La Trinidad Registered Voters (2009) = 31,679
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Elected officials of La Trinidad for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor: TABANDA, EDNA
- Vice Mayor : Romeo Kimo Salda
- Horacio Alberto Ramos Jr. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 7147 6.09%
- BOTIWEY, JOHN (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 7025 5.99%
- AWINGAN, RODERICK (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 6740 5.75%
- MARRERO, JOEY JOVENCIO (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 6112 5.21%
- Francis Abance Lee (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5908 5.04%
- Estrella Bomas-Ang Adeban (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5727 4.88%
- KIPAS, HENRY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5618 4.79%
- ESGUERRA, SAMUEL (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 5596 4.77%
- Arthur Marcos Shontogan (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5376 4.58%
- ESTEBAN, WILLIAM (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5336 4.55%
Elected officials of La Trinidad for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Gregorio Tomilas Abalos Jr.
- Vice Mayor : Romeo Kimo Salda
Barangays Elected Officials of La Trinidad, Benguet
Businesses in La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in La Trinidad. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in La Trinidad
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in La Trinidad
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in La Trinidad
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate for Sale or lease in La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in La Trinidad, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
The name of your school in La Trinidad can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of La Trinidad you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of La Trinidad, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of La Trinidad in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of La Trinidad. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the La Trinidad landmarks here.
Points of Interest
BENGUET PROVINCIAL CAPITOL - provides a panoramic view of La Trinidad Valley. Also adjacent to the capitol is the Benguet Museum.
MUNICIPAL PARK - located in front of the Municipal Hall is the center of community activities.
LA TRINIDAD VEGETABLE TRADING POST - the center of marketing activities in the province. Highland vegetables are on display for wholesalers and retailers. Soon to rise is a cold storage facility for high value crops.
PERIL BURIAL CAVES - found between Alno and Alapang, sacred skeletal remains are laid in a burial cave
COFFIN CLIFF HANGERS - traditional log coffins inserted between cliff stones by the early customary Ibalois that can be found in Alapang
ROSE FIELDS - the rose capital of the Philippines is found in Bahong. Chrysanthemums and other cutflowers and ornamental plants also abound in the area
TAWANG CHURCH OF STONE - built of limestone in the American Period by the early Anglican parish
KALUGONG VIEW POINT - offers a view of both sides of La Trinidad Valley, a must for mountain trekkers
BELL CHURCH - built by the early Chinese settlers, it offers palm reading and fortune telling
BENGUET STATE UNIVERSITY - the center of educational excellence in Benguet
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of La Trinidad.
La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Your Story about La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines
Tell your story about La Trinidad. You can talk about the good things in La Trinidad or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of La Trinidad. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for La Trinidad.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Benguet, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.