Lanao del Norte
List of Municipalities in the Lanao del Norte Province within Region X in the Republic of The Philippines
Bacolod || Baloi || Baroy || Kapatagan || Kauswagan || Kolambugan || Lala || Linamon || Magsaysay || Maigo || Matungao || Munai || Nunungan || Pantao Ragat || Pantar || Poona Piagapo || Salvador || Sapad || Sultan Naga Dimaporo || Tagoloan || Tangcal || Tubod (Capital)
Cities in the province of Lanao del Norte: Iligan City
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Seal of the Province of Lanao del Norte
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Lanao del Norte|
Location of Lanao del Norte within the Philippines
Provincial Capitol Building of Lanao del Norte
Mindanao Civic Center Lanao del Norte
Maria Cristina Falls, Maria Cristina, Iligan City
Lanao del Norte Province, Philippines
- The province of Lanao del Norte is within Region X-Northern Mindanao
- As of 2009 Lanao del Norte is classified as a Second Class province.
- Tubod is the capital municipality of Lanao del Norte.
Location of Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Lanao del Norte is located in the island of Mindanao and is within Region X-Northern Mindanao.
- article below verbatim from: www.visitmyphilippines.com department of tourism
The province of Lanao del Norte is located in the Northern Mindanao Area along the North western Coast. Ten of its 22 Municipalities are bounded by three known fishing grounds, namely: Iligan Bay, Panguil Bay and Illana Bay. The province is bounded on the North by Iligan Bay and the province of Misamis Occidental on the East. On the South is the province of Lanao del Sur. Panguil Bay borders at the west and the boundary of Zamboanga del Sur. Further south, the tip of the Province as administratively under Region XII.
The total land area of the province is 355,636 hectares. Area in square kilometers 3,556.36 with a population of 387,324 and a population density of 109.00 per square kilometers.
Lanao del Norte has an irregular topography. About 44% of its land area is plain, the widest portion of which is known as Kapatagan Valley. Almost all of its southern extremities are mountains. From there towards the coasts in the North the land gently slopes. Low plains are extensive in the municipalities of Baroy, Lala, Kapatagan, Salvador, Sapad and SND (Karomatan). The municipalities comprise the Kapatagan Valley area which is the rice and corn granary of the province. Narrow plateaus characterize the municipalities of Balo-i, Magsaysay and Tangkal.
The province of Lanao del Norte is outside the typhoon belt and has non-seasonal climate. Rainfalls occur throughout the year. The heaviest precipitation occurs from May to December with an average of 7 inches per month, while the lesser precipitation is from January to April with an average of 3 inches per month. The average yearly rainfall is 60 inches and the average temperature is 80 degrees on the Fahrenheit scale.
History of Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- This article was copied from Wikipedia Verbatim.
The term Lanao is derived from a Maranao word “Ranao” meaning a body of water. “Maranao” means lake dweller. They are the natives of the place occupying the land around Lake Lanao, which is situated at the central part of Lanao del Sur. Lanao, applies to the entire area before its division. When it was divided into two provinces, the southern portion became Lanao del Sur and the northern part became Lanao del Norte.
Dansalan, Marawi City’s old name, was explored by the Spaniards as early as 1639. It is said that at that time, Marawi was already the citadel of Malayan-Arabic culture in Mindanao. Feeling the pulse of strong refusal among its inhabitants to adopt Christianity, the Spaniards abandoned the project of colonizing the area. Dansalan, physically speaking, would have satisfactorily qualified to become a town or municipality during the time of said exploration based on the Spanish Policy of “Ecclesiastical Administration” except for one factor - religion.
Attempts were made later by foreigners to capture Lanao but fierce and fanatical resistance of the Maranaos to colonial rule made the planting of Christianity in Dansalan an unlikely outcome.
A strong Spanish expedition to conquer the Maranaos was fielded in 1891 during the time of Governor General Valeriano Wayler, but this force was driven back to Iligan after failing to capture Dansalan. In 1895, Governor General Blanco sent a stronger force to take Marawi. Superior firepower forced the Dansalan defenders to leave the city. Here the conquerors established the garrison that remained until the outbreak of the Spanish – American War in 1898. Spain claimed this event as its victory but the verdict of history revealed that while the Spaniards were able to erect a garrison in Dansalan, they failed to conquer its people who stubbornly refused to adhere to the colonial yoke of Spain. Muslim religion and Maranao culture remained intact and untarnished.
On May 24, 1904, the American Colonial Government proclaimed Dansalan a regular Municipality. The Philippines was still under the Commonwealth regime of the Americans when Dansalan was chartered into a city in 1904. In 1942, the Japanese troops invaded Northern Lanao and established their own garrison. In 1945, following a three year occupation by Japanese forces, troops from the 6th, 101st, 102nd and 108th Infantry Division of the Philippine Commonwealth Army, Philippine Constabulary and Maranao guerrillas attacked the Japanese garrison in the Battle of Lanao. The guerrillas attacked using traditional Maranao Kampilan, Barong and Kris swords. Eventually, the Japanese were defeated, however Dansalan was not renamed to Marawi City until June 16, 1956.
Republic Act No. 2228 divided Lanao in to two (2) provinces giving birth to Lanao del Norte and Lanao del Sur. The new province was inaugurated on July 4, 1959 making Iligan City as the capital. The Salvador T. Lluch was the first Governor. The second was Honorable Mohammad Ali Dimaporo, from January 1960 to September 1965 when Governor Dimaporo ran and won the congressional seat of the province. By operation of the law of succession, the Honorable Vice Governor Arsenio A. Quibranza became the third Provincial Chief Executive. By mandate of his people, Governor Quibranza was elected Governor in 1967 and almost unanimously was re-elected in 1971 and again in 1980.
In 1977, President Ferdinand E. Marcos signed Resolution No. 805 series of 1977 of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Parliamentary Bill No. 586) sponsored by Assemblyman Abdullah D. Dimaporo, into Presidential Decree 181 transferring the province's capital from Iligan City to the municipality of Tubod.
In October 1984, inaugural ceremonies were held to celebrate the occasion of the transfer of the Provincial Capitol from Poblacion, Tubod to the Don Mariano Marcos Government Center (now Governor Arsenio A. Quibranza Provincial Government Center) at Pigcarangan, Tubod, Lanao del Norte.
By virtue of the power and impact of the People’s Power Revolution at Edsa, Manila on February 25, 1986, local government all over the Philippines changed the political atmosphere overnight. Lanao del Norte became one among the many provinces affected by the sudden changes brought by the “Snap Election” on February 1986. Local heads of offices and employees particularly those holding political positions were destabilized but with the installation of President Corazon Aquino as president, OIC Atty. Francisco L. Abalos became the appointed governor of the province on March 3, 1986. On February 2, 1988, Atty. Abalos was elected as governor of the province.
In the Synchronized National Election of May 11, 1992, Congressman Abdullah D. Dimaporo, a legislator and economist, was elected Provincial Governor. The Provincial government embarked on a comprehensive planning and set the groundwork for the development of the province
In the 1998 national and local elections, Imelda Quibranza-Dimaporo, wife of Governor Abdullah. D. Dimaporo was elected as Provincial Governor. Despite the outbreak of the conflict of the MILF and the GRP in Kauswagan last March 2000, through the provincial government's effort, peace and order was restored in the province.
The Provincial Government was also able to bring the province into the limelight with full media coverage, through the hosting of the First Mindanao Friendship Games at the Mindanao Civic Center in Tubod on November 11-15, 2001. Participants came from all over Mindanao representing the various LGUs in the island. The event was opened by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
People of Lanao del Norte, Philippines
The Christian-Muslim ratio is 60:40 in favor of the Christians. Cebuano, English & Filipino are widely spoken among Christians, and Maranao for Muslim.
- Elected officials of Lanao del Norte for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Lanao del Norte: Mohamad Khalid Quibranza Dimaporo - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Lanao del Norte: ATAY, CRISTY - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- House Representative of Lanao del Norte:
- 1st District: Congresswoman DIMAPORO, IMELDA - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- 2nd District: Congressman DIMAPORO, ABDULLAH - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- 3rd Lone District of Iligan City: Congressman BELMONTE, VICENTE JR. - LIBERAL PARTY
- Elected officials of Lanao del Norte for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Lanao del Norte: Mohamad Khalid Quibranza Dimaporo
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Lanao del Norte: Irma Umpa Ali
- House Representative of Lanao del Norte:
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of Lanao del Norte for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Lanao del Norte for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Lanao del Norte for the term of 2007-2010
Barangays Elected Officials of Lanao del Norte
Businesses in Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Lanao del Norte.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Lanao del Norte
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Lanao del Norte, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Lanao del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Lanao del Norte here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Lanao del Norte here.
- List the Methodist churches in Lanao del Norte here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Lanao del Norte here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Lanao del Norte here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Lanao del Norte here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Lanao del Norte here.
- List the Baptist churches in Lanao del Norte here.
Schools in Lanao del Norte, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Lanao del Norte can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Lanao del Norte, Philippines
About 41.13 per cent of the province's total land area is devoted to agricultural activities and 21.07 per cent is classified as forestland. The province is suitable for all kinds of crops. Its major agricultural products are rice, corn, coconut, banana, coffee, ginger, cacao, legumes, vegetables, livestock and poultry, rootcrops, exotic fruits and nuts.
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Lanao del Norte you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Lanao del Norte, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Lanao del Norte, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Lanao del Norte Philippines, Jobs" page.
Transportation facilities of Lanao del Norte
An airport is located at Baloi, Lanao del Norte which is about 76 kilometers from the provincial capital and 20 kilometers from Iligan City. It is classified as a secondary airport with a concrete/asphalt runway of 30 lineal meters. This was closed to traffic in 1992 to undergo major rehabilitation work. It was officially opened for operation in May 1997 however, no commercial flights are using the airport since its navigational facilities are yet to be installed.
Natural Resources of Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Lanao del Norte in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Lanao del Norte. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Lanao del Norte landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Lanao del Norte.
- Aquino: The Filipino is worth living for
- Monday, July 28, 2014 5:52 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – President Benigno Aquino III held back tears as he assured the nation that he has remained true to the legacy of his parents –the late Senator Benigno Aquino Jr. and former president Corazon Aquino.
- During his fifth State of the Nation (Sona) address on Monday, Aquino quoted his father’s famous line: “The Filipino is worth dying for.” ........................ Full Story»
- ASEAN lauds Philippines for early warning on 'Glenda'
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- MANILA, July 27 -- Malacanang said the government will continue to prioritize uplifting the lives of the people following the release of UN Development Report that assesses income, education and life expectancy of the nation.
- "When it comes to that, it’s really in continuing to invest in human capital," Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said in an interview on Saturday over dzRB Radyo ng Bayan ........................ Full Story»
- Milo run about building champs’ lives
- Monday, July 28, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Milo Marathon, now on its 38th year, prides itself as the country’s biggest, longest-running and most prestigious footrace.
- It carries the slogan, “Helping Build Champions.”
- Well, there’s more to the Milo Marathon than just building champions because winners can attest to the fact that it’s here to help build lives ............................ Full Story»
Lanao del Norte Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|9200||Iligan City||Lanao del Norte|
|9201||Linamon||Lanao del Norte|
|9202||Kauswagan||Lanao del Norte|
|9203||Matungao||Lanao del Norte|
|9204||Poona Piagapo||Lanao del Norte|
|9205||Bacolod||Lanao del Norte|
|9206||Maigo||Lanao del Norte|
|9207||Kolambugan||Lanao del Norte|
|9208||Pantao Ragat||Lanao del Norte|
|9209||Tubod||Lanao del Norte|
|9210||Baroy||Lanao del Norte|
|9211||Lala||Lanao del Norte|
|9212||Salvador||Lanao del Norte|
|9213||Sapad||Lanao del Norte|
|9214||Kapatagan||Lanao del Norte|
|9215||Karomatan||Lanao del Norte|
|9216||Nunungan||Lanao del Norte|
|9217||Baloi||Lanao del Norte|
|9218||Pantar||Lanao del Norte|
|9219||Munai||Lanao del Norte|
|9220||Tangkal||Lanao del Norte|
|9221||Magsaysay||Lanao del Norte|
|9222||Tagoloan||Lanao del Norte|
|9223||Sultan Nage Di Maporo||Lanao del Norte|
Lanao del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Lanao del Norte.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Lanao del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
=[[Lanao del Norte]]=
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.