From Zamboanga.com :Portal to The Philippines
Jardinero, Campesino, Cainginiero
Herramientas del Jardinero, Campesino, o Cainginiero:
- Pamitik - The rope that's tied to the nose of the carabao.
- Persoga - The rope usually made out of the long ratan vine.
- Pabiling - The part of the rope that ties to the head.
- Largero - The long part of the rope that connects to the Pabiling. This part goes through the "orejas" in the pabiling. This makes it into a swivel so the "persoga" will stay straight.
- Ayugo - The yoke of the carabao. The rope under the ayugo, that goes under the neck of the carabao is called " ? ".
- Danao - The pond. This is where the carabao wallows. In the river the carabao can wallow in the deep water and this activiy is called "Tubug".
- ??? - The cloth or sack on the back of the carabao that the riders use.
- Arao - The plow
- Mango - Handle of the Plow
- Pilo - Blade of the Plow
- Pajagat - The sleigh
- Canastro - The huge basket on the pajagat.
- Toro - Bull
- Carro - The big cart
- Carriton - A small push cart.
- Acha - Big Ax
- Achita - Small Ax
- Alat - Basket
- Asada - Hoe
- Bilao - Small concave Basket
- Bolo - Machete
- Balde - Can
- Cuchillo - Knife
- Hilamon - Used to till or pull weeds. A short small bolo.
- Pala - Shovel
- Sangud - Sikle - A crescent shaped Bolo
- Kahigan - Rake
- Sako - Sack
- Mekate - Long Rope made out of Abaca
- Jalo y Pilon - Mortar and Pestle
Herramientas del Carpintero:
- Clabo - Nail
- Lapis - Pencil
- Martillo - Hammer
- Nawi - Tie-out for the nipa made out of ratan.
- Nipa - Shingles for the roof made out of Palm leaves
- Sawali - Woven bamboo used as wall sidings or ceilings. Comes in 4x8.
- Nivel - Level
- Pulgadera - Tape Measure
- Papel de lija - Sand Paper
- Sierra - Saw
- Achita - Small ax
- Tornillo - Screw
Herramientas del Lavandera:
- Pakang - Paddle to pound the laundry.
- Bateya - Basin made out of Wood (originally).
- Jabon - Soap
- Luguran - Stone Scrubber
- Sipan - Scrubber usually out of corn cob.
- Tapis - One piece body-clothing like a pillow but open on both ends.
- Almedon - Starch to stiffen the fabric and hold its shape.