Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Barangays of Liloan in the Southern Leyte Province of The Philippines
Amaga • Anilao • Bahay • Cagbungalon • Calian • Caligangan • Candayuman • Catig • Estela • Fatima • Gud-an • Guintoylan • Himayangan • Ilag • Magaupas • Malangsa • Molopolo • Pandan • Poblacion • Pres. Quezon (Maugoc) • President Roxas • San Isidro • San Roque • Tabugon
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Southern Leyte province within Region VIII in the Republic of The Philippines
Anahawan | Bontoc | Hinunangan | Hinundayan | Libagon | Liloan | Limasawa | Macrohon | Malitbog | Padre Burgos | Pintuyan | Saint Bernard | San Francisco | San Juan (Cabalian) | San Ricardo | Silago | Sogod | Tomas Oppus
Cities in the Province of Southern Leyte: Maasin City (Capital)
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Map location of Liloan in Southern Leyte
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Southern Leyte|
Southern Leyte Province within The Philippines
Liloan Municipality Hall
Wawa Bridge of Liloan, Southern Leyte
Geography of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Geography of Liloan
Location of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Liloan is located ....
History of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Liloan, Southern Leyte
Liloan was founded in 1820 but ecclesiastical work begun 1918. Its territory in composed of the Poblacion, Amaga, Anilao, Bahay, Cagbungalon, Calian, Caligangan, Candayuman, Catig, Estela (founded by three (3) Bohol immigrants and in 1904 was made a barrio bigot. Peter Borseth), Himay-angan (from Himasa Felicilda, for abundance of produce from the sitios and was founded by Gregorio Dagooc), Ilag, Magaupas, Malangza, and Molopolo (constituted in 1901 by councilor Jorge Kapili, Although existing since 1886, named after two islets “Pulo”), Pandan,
Pres. Quezon, Pres. Roxas, San Isidro, San Roque and Tabugon.
A lighthouse stands like a sentry of the bay, which is a safe harbor during inclement weather. The bay is picturesque and from the passage it looks like a postcard town surrounded by the wind breaking hills. A historical landmark of a great war long ago, is being considered by the provincial and local government in memory of one milestone of Southern Elite’s history when the town was chosen as invasion site in the liberation of the Philippines, where once Marauding planes frequently attack the town as part of the impossible dream to extirpate the liberation forces.
Liloan is located in the Northern side of the Panaon Island that looks like a blind diverticulum except that on closer distance there is a tiny passage, dividing Mainland of Leyte and Panaon Island, called “Wawa” (a Panaon Strait Passage).
The passage is famous for swirling currents from turbulent minute maelstrom when off tides rush in. The minute whirlpools are called “Lilo”. Liloan derived its name from the phenomenon.
People of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Total Population of Liloan
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Liloan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Liloan: CHONG, SHIRLEY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Liloan: CHUA, WILLY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Councilors of Liloan:
- LIM, ALEX (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1699 8.78%
- CUARES, BOY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1670 8.63%
- LIM, LOLOY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1619 8.37%
- UY-OCO, JUNEL (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1503 7.77%
- BARBA, TENY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1490 7.70%
- LOREZO, NONOY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1441 7.45%
- MAAMO, DODONG (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1415 7.32%
- RENTUZA, ONJING (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1329 6.87%
- Elected officials of Liloan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Liloan: Shirlita Yu Chong
- Vice-Mayor of Liloan: Welfredo Sacnanas Chua
- Councilors of Liloan:
Barangay Elected Officials of Liloan, Southern Leyte
Businesses in Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Liloan.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Liloan
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Liloan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
The name of your school in Liloan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Liloan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Liloan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Liloan, Southern Leyte" page.
Natural Resources of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Liloan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Liloan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Liloan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Liloan.
Your Story about Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Tell your story about Liloan. You can talk about the good things in Liloan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Liloan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Sports News of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Liloan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Liloan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Liloan.
- Parantac caps wushu 3-gold haul
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:00 am
- NAY PYI TAW – Daniel Parantac of the famed Apo Lakay team of Baguio claimed the third and last gold of the vaunted wushu team, providing the impetus for what could be a fight to the last man standing in the bloody wars of the martial arts as the 27th Southeast Asian Games fires off in formal opening rites at the vast Wunnam Theikdi main stadium today.
- Parantac, silver medalist in the duilian in partnership with John Keithly Chan and Norlene Ardee Catolico, won the two-in-one event with scores of 9.68 in the taijian (double-edged sword) and 9.70 in the taijiquan (slow, relaxed movements with powerful thrusts)...............Full Story»
News and Events
- P239-M in housing aid for Yolanda Victims released
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- MANILA, Dec. 11 -- Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad has released P238.6 million to the National Housing Authority (NHA) to support the Housing Materials Assistance (HOMA) to victims of Typhoon Yolanda under the agency’s Emergency Housing Assistance for Calamity Victims Program (EHACVP).
- The release—sourced from Budgetary Support to Government Corporations under the 2013 National Budget—is part of a larger P350-million rollout for the EHACVP, a nationwide program designed to respond to the permanent housing needs of low- and marginal-income families and informal settlers affected by calamities, including typhoons, landslides, earthquakes, and fires, DBM said in a statement.........Full Story»
- Exports up by 14%
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:39 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The country's merchandise exports expanded to 14 percent or $5.026 billion in October 2013 from the 6.1 percent or $4.410 billion recorded the previous year, the National Statistics Office (NSO) reported on Tuesday.
- "The positive growth was mainly brought by the increase of nine major commodities out of the top ten commodities for the month and these are: chemicals; machinery and transport Equipment; Other Mineral Products; Cathodes & Sections of Cathodes, of Refined Sugar; Other Manufactures; Articles of Apparel and Clothing Accessories; Ignition Wiring Set and Other Wiring Sets Used in Vehicles, Aircrafts and Ships; Other Electronics; Woodcrafts and Furniture; Electronic Products; and Metal Components," NSO noted.........Full Story»
Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Liloan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Southern Leyte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.