Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Barangays of Liloan in the Southern Leyte Province of The Philippines
Amaga • Anilao • Bahay • Cagbungalon • Calian • Caligangan • Candayuman • Catig • Estela • Fatima • Gud-an • Guintoylan • Himayangan • Ilag • Magaupas • Malangsa • Molopolo • Pandan • Poblacion • Pres. Quezon (Maugoc) • President Roxas • San Isidro • San Roque • Tabugon
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Southern Leyte province within Region VIII in the Republic of The Philippines
Anahawan | Bontoc | Hinunangan | Hinundayan | Libagon | Liloan | Limasawa | Macrohon | Malitbog | Padre Burgos | Pintuyan | Saint Bernard | San Francisco | San Juan (Cabalian) | San Ricardo | Silago | Sogod | Tomas Oppus
Cities in the Province of Southern Leyte: Maasin City (Capital)
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Map location of Liloan in Southern Leyte
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Southern Leyte|
Southern Leyte Province within The Philippines
Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Liloan Municipality Hall
Wawa Bridge of Liloan, Southern Leyte
Geography of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Geography of Liloan
Location of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Liloan is located ....
History of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Liloan, Southern Leyte
Liloan was founded in 1820 but ecclesiastical work begun 1918. Its territory in composed of the Poblacion, Amaga, Anilao, Bahay, Cagbungalon, Calian, Caligangan, Candayuman, Catig, Estela (founded by three (3) Bohol immigrants and in 1904 was made a barrio bigot. Peter Borseth), Himay-angan (from Himasa Felicilda, for abundance of produce from the sitios and was founded by Gregorio Dagooc), Ilag, Magaupas, Malangza, and Molopolo (constituted in 1901 by councilor Jorge Kapili, Although existing since 1886, named after two islets “Pulo”), Pandan,
Pres. Quezon, Pres. Roxas, San Isidro, San Roque and Tabugon.
A lighthouse stands like a sentry of the bay, which is a safe harbor during inclement weather. The bay is picturesque and from the passage it looks like a postcard town surrounded by the wind breaking hills. A historical landmark of a great war long ago, is being considered by the provincial and local government in memory of one milestone of Southern Elite’s history when the town was chosen as invasion site in the liberation of the Philippines, where once Marauding planes frequently attack the town as part of the impossible dream to extirpate the liberation forces.
Liloan is located in the Northern side of the Panaon Island that looks like a blind diverticulum except that on closer distance there is a tiny passage, dividing Mainland of Leyte and Panaon Island, called “Wawa” (a Panaon Strait Passage).
The passage is famous for swirling currents from turbulent minute maelstrom when off tides rush in. The minute whirlpools are called “Lilo”. Liloan derived its name from the phenomenon.
People of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Total Population of Liloan
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Liloan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Liloan: CHONG, SHIRLEY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Liloan: CHUA, WILLY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Councilors of Liloan:
- LIM, ALEX (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1699 8.78%
- CUARES, BOY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1670 8.63%
- LIM, LOLOY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1619 8.37%
- UY-OCO, JUNEL (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1503 7.77%
- BARBA, TENY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1490 7.70%
- LOREZO, NONOY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1441 7.45%
- MAAMO, DODONG (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1415 7.32%
- RENTUZA, ONJING (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 1329 6.87%
- Elected officials of Liloan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Liloan: Shirlita Yu Chong
- Vice-Mayor of Liloan: Welfredo Sacnanas Chua
- Councilors of Liloan:
Barangay Elected Officials of Liloan, Southern Leyte
Businesses in Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale in Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Liloan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Liloan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Liloan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Liloan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Liloan, Southern Leyte" page.
Natural Resources of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Liloan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Liloan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Liloan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Liloan.
Your Story about Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Tell your story about Liloan. You can talk about the good things in Liloan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Liloan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Sports News of Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Liloan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Liloan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Liloan.
- Domingo karter of the year
- Monday, November 24, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Seasoned karter Bobby Domingo of Formula-E Racing finally made it into the elite circle of Philippine Karting greats when he was hailed this year’s Petron Blaze Karter of the Year recently in the seventh leg of the 2014 Petron Blaze 100 ROK Cup Karting Super Series at the Carmona Racetrack.
- Domingo captured the most coveted plum after clinching both the ROK Senior and the KF Senior crowns of the 2014 karting season sanctioned by the Automobile Association Philippines and sponsored by Petron, Petron Blaze 100 Euro 4, Petron XCS, Petron Ultron, Petron Xtra, Petron Sprint, Magnolia Pure Water and Yokohama ............................... Full Story»
News and Events
- Moody’s keeps positive outlook on Phl banks
- Monday, November 24, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Moody’s Investors Service has kept a “positive” outlook on the Philippine banking system on expectations its low penetration and the strong economic growth will support further expansion in credit.
- In a report late last week, Moody’s said banks are well-positioned to guard themselves against external shocks given a stable asset quality, strong capitalization and adequate reserve levels ......................... Full Story»
- Filipino delicacies find global market
- Sunday, November 23, 2014 2:04 am
- Chocolate moron (steamed rice cake) from Abuyog in Leyte, handwoven banig (mats) from Zamboanga, coconut jam with coco sugar from South Cotabato and handcrafted jewelry from Bicol are just a few of the artisanal delicacies and products one can take home as pasalubong—if you have the time and money to travel to these places.
- If not, then you have the option to buy them all from just one place, thanks to a new online store that aims to boost both awareness and sales of Philippine cultural heritage products: 1780 by SariSaristore ......................... Full Story»
Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Liloan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Southern Leyte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Liloan, Southern Leyte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.