Lunzuran Zamboanga City Philippines
98 Barangays of Zamboanga City, Philippines
Arena Blanco • Ayala • Baliwasan • Baluno • Boalan • Bolong • Buenavista • Bunguiao • Busay • Cabaluay • Cabatangan • Cacao • Calabasa • Calarian • Camino Nuevo • Campo Islam • Canelar • Capisan • Cawit • Culianan • Curuan • Daap • Dita • Divisoria • Dulian Bunguiao • Dulian Pasonanca • Guisao • Guiwan • Kasanyangan • La Paz • Labuan • Lamisahan • Landang Gua • Landang Laum • Lanzones • Lapakan • Latuan Curuan • Licomo • Limaong • Limpapa • Lubigan • Lumayang • Lumbangan • Lunzuran • Maasin • Malagutay • Mampang • Manalipa • Mangusu • Manicahan • Mariki • Mercedes • Muti • Pamucutan • Pangapuyan • Panubigan • Pasilmanta • Pasobolong • Pasonanca • Patalon • Putik • Quiniput • Recodo • Rio Hondo • Salaan • San Jose Cawa-Cawa • San Jose Gusu • San Ramon • San Roque • Sangali • Sibulao Curuan • Sinubong • Sinunuc • Sta. Barbara • Sta. Catalina • Sta. Maria • Sto. Niño • Tagasilay • Taguiti • Talabaan • Talisayan • Talon-Talon • Taluksangay • Tetuan • Tictapul • Tigbalabag • Tigtabon • Tolosa • Tugbungan • Tulungatung • Tumaga • Tumalutab • Tumitus • Victoria • Vitali • Zambowood • Zone I • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
Lunzuran Barangay Hall
Lunzuran two storey tree house, Barangay Hall and Multi purpose cover court.
Lunzuran new housing development
- Land Area: 743 hectares
- (2007 Census)
- Total Population: 8, 009
- Number of Household: 917
The barangay of Lunzuran borders Tumaga to the southwest and Putik to the South. Lunzuran is about 1.2 kilometers from the main highway. Lunzuran is more of a savannah hilly terrain. The city water district lines did reach the barrio of lunzuran.
In 2006 the barangay of Lunzuran constructed a brand new building to house the Barangay hall. Slowly but surely the barangay of lunzuran is growing.
Location of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Distance from CITY PROPER: 7.30 Km. Location: within the 7-km. radius of the city, East Coast
History of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Long before the Spaniards came, the whole Zamboanga was covered with forest except the areas along the shores. The natives engaged in fishing, they inhabied in the shore lines. Upon their arrival, the Spaniards undertook at once the task of building a town, which is at present the city of Zamboanga.
This town became a center, so that, it prospered and expanded to its present boundaries. Many people made good in the place, so they decided to settle there permanently with their families.
It was then Moros harassed the foreigners while they were on campaign. The Spaniards reached the farthest place where the settlers built their homes. On their way, they met a man carrying bundles of vegetables. The soldier who wish to know the name of the place, asked him in Spanish, “Que se llamas estoy lugar?” The man did not understand what he was talking about. All he thought the Spaniard was asking him where he was going, so he answered, “sa lungsod”, which is in Visayan dialect, meaning “going to town”. Since the Spaniard found difficulty in saying the Visayan word, he pronounced it as “lunzur”, until many settlers heard it, until many people modified the place as “lunzuran” which meant pleasant and so romantic to hear.
- From: Government of Zamboanga City
People of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- (2007 Census)
- Total Population: 8, 009
- Number of Household: 917
Local Government Unit LGU of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Lunzuran Barangay Elected Officers for the term of 2010-2013
- Lunzuran, Barangay Chairman, Joel E. Jose
- Lunzuran, Kagawad 1, Cristoto N. Bantoto
- Lunzuran, Kagawad 2, Cyril C. Langford
- Lunzuran, Kagawad 3, Tiffany Joy E. Cabanlit-Nava
- Lunzuran, Kagawad 4, Genaro F. Cagan
- Lunzuran, Kagawad 5, Michael Dennis O. Soriano
- Lunzuran, Kagawad 6, Imelda P. Manalo
- Lunzuran, Kagawad 7, Edgardo T. Saguban
- Lunzuran, SK Chairman, Jowin N. Perez
- Secretary: Rosita P. Araujo
- Treasurer: Sonny R. Cagan
|Punong Barangay: Efren_T._Perez
|SK Chairman: Jessa Blanca G. De la Cruz|
Businesses in Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- We invite you to list your business located in Lunzuran.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.myLunzuranbusiness.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
Lunzuran, Zamboanga City, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Lunzuran, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- Properties for Sale
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Theres no indeed a so-called church at barangay Lunzuran, but there is a chapel named after St. Joseph and is a means of worship of the people there.
Schools in Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Lunzuran has an Elementary School with a population of about 400 students. For High School the students travel to the nearby Barangays of Putik, Divisoria, or other Private Schools.
Economy of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- New housing projects are being built in Luzuran. One of these projects is located on Sun Road near the Ateneo de Zamboanga High School Building. The subdivision offers big lots and modern houses.
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Lunzuran you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Lunzuran, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
A river runs through Lunzuran and it flows down through the barangay of Putik. During the rainy season and when it floods, often the river brings down tons of river sand. Some of the sand get trapped above the irrigation damn. It is necessary to remove the sand so as not to hamper the irrigation system. However, this removal of truck loads of sand also provides income for the barangay. It provides labor for the unemployed and it also improves the economy of Lunzuran.
The city dug a deep weel and constructed a unit to house the water pump. The location of the well is near the the bank of the river by the hanging bridge. Electricity drives the water pump and the residents of Lunzuran are provided with clean drinking water.
- Please upload a picture of the hanging bridge and the water pump house.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Lunzuran in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Lunzuran. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Lunzuran landmarks here.
Fiestas and Traditions of Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
Barangay Fiesta: Every 19th of March
Your Story about Lunzuran, Zamboanga City
You story about this barangay
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for San Roque.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Lunzuran Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga City Photo Gallery]]
*[[Lunzuran Zamboanga City Philippines]]