Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Phlippines
Bacungan • Balnate • Barayong • Blocon • Dalawinon • Dalumay • Glamang • Kanapulo • Kasuga • Lower Bala • Mabini • Maibo • Malawanit • Malongon • New Ilocos • New Opon • Poblacion • San Isidro • San Miguel • Tacul • Tagaytay • Upper Bala
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Davao del Sur province within Region XI in The Republic of The Philippines
Bansalan || Don Marcelino || Hagonoy || Jose Abad Santos (Trinidad) || Kiblawan || Magsaysay || Malalag || Malita || Matanao || Padada || Santa Cruz || Santa Maria || Sarangani || Sulop
Cities in the Province of Davao del Sur: Digos City (Capital) || Davao City
Municipal Seal of Magsaysay
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Davao del Sur|
Magsaysay within the province of Davao del Sur
Davao del Sur within the Island of Mindanao
Municipal Hall of Magsaysay
- Magsaysay has a total of 22 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Magsaysay as of (2010) = 28,974
- Magsaysay is in the "1st" Voting Congressional District of Davao del Sur.
- Population of Magsaysay (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 45,005
- Land Area of Magsaysay (as of 2007, in hectares) = 26,809
- Magsaysay is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Magsaysay is in the Davao del Sur province and within Region XI–Davao Region in the island of mindanao
Geography of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
Geography of Magsaysay
Location of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
Magsaysay is located ....
History of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
The beginning of Magsaysay
People of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
Total Population of Magsaysay
Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Sports News of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Magsaysay? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Magsaysay? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Magsaysay.
- Le Tour de Filipinas kicks off tomorrow
- Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The chief of the Asian Cycling Confederation (ACC) has expressed confidence over another successful staging of the Le Tour de Filipinas, which rolls out its fifth edition tomorrow in Clark, Pampanga.
- “The organizing committee in the Philippines, which is coming up to become one of the cycling powers in Asia, would be able, as in last year, to put up one of the memorable races of the Le Tour,” ACC president Cho Hee Wok of Korea said. ....................... Full Story»
News and Events
- Barclays sees peso strengthening in next 3 months
- Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The peso will likely strengthen further in the next three months as recent monetary policy adjustments keep the currency stable amid a strong dollar, UK-based investment bank Barclays said.
- “[A] slightly more hawkish central bank since the recent changes in monetary policy settings has helped keep the Philippine peso in a stable range,” the bank said in a research note ....................... Full Story»
- More tourists from New Zealand visit Philippines
- Saturday, April 19, 2014
- More tourists from New Zealand are flocking to the Philippines and spending more than other foreign tourists, data from the Department of Tourism (DoT) showed.
- The Philippine Embassy in New Zealand said there were 15,783 tourists from New Zealand who visited the Philippines in 2013 or a growth rate of 11.94 percent from the previous year ....................... Full Story»
Local Government Unit LGU of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Magsaysay for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Magsaysay: DAVIN, ARTHUR (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Magsaysay: FEROLINO-MEJIA, JOY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Magsaysay:
- AMBAYAN, ABETH (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 12143 7.44%
- CARAMPATANA, ALLAN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 11861 7.26%
- LAGANSE, VEVENCIO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 11720 7.18%
- SENG, CHONA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 11459 7.02%
- SARANDE, RONIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 11348 6.95%
- REDOBLADO, RAFFIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 11172 6.84%
- TORATE, SILVERIO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 10617 6.50%
- CABARAL, RODEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10509 6.43%
- Elected officials of Magsaysay for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Magsaysay: Jess Lara Lumanog
- Vice-Mayor of Magsaysay: Marty Ranalan Basunillo
- Councilors of Magsaysay:
Barangay Elected Officials of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur
Businesses in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Magsaysay.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Magsaysay
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Magsaysay, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
The name of your school in Magsaysay can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Magsaysay you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Magsaysay, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Magsaysay in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Magsaysay. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Magsaysay landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Magsaysay.
Your Story about Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about Magsaysay. You can talk about the good things in Magsaysay or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Magsaysay. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Magsaysay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Magsaysay, Davao del Sur Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Davao del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Magsaysay, Davao del Sur, Phlippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.