Welcome to Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines
Every Barangay in the Philippines is linked to its City/Municipality and every City/Municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
View your Barangay Page: and help update by adding valuable information.
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- WB lends $508 M to Phl for rural infra : MANILA, Philippines - The World Bank is extending a $508.25-million loan and grant package to the Philippines for rural infrastructure aimed at improving the productivity of small farmers and fisherfolk, raising rural incomes and reducing poverty in the country .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- 1st Z3R project in Martha turned over : Eleven months after they were forcibly evacuated to safer grounds, residents of Martha Drive in Sta. Catalina finally returned to their permanent houses, making them the first batch of beneficiaries of the Zamboanga City Roadmap to Recovery and Reconstruction (Z3R) .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- NGCP: Tripping disrupts power service in parts of Zambo Sur : A line trip on Saturday night caused a power service disruption in parts of Zamboanga del Sur, the National Grid Corp. of the Philippines said Sunday. In an advisory, the NGCP said it is working to restore the power transmission service to .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- Jailbreak triggers shootout in Siocon: 3 killed, 8 wounded : Army troops on Saturday joined policemen and personnel of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) in the manhunt for an undetermined number of detainees who escaped Friday during a jail break that triggered .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- QC-PESO to conduct job fair on Sept. 2 : MANILA, Aug. 31 (PNA) -- The Quezon City Public Employment Service Office (QC-PESO) will conduct a one-day on-the-spot hiring job fair on Sept. 2 at the covered walk near the Legislative Wing of the QC Hall. According to Mayor Herbert M. Bautista, the job fair is .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- Native Palawan fruits and other surprises at the Agri-Fair : You will be surprised at the many things you can discover if you attend agri-fairs. You meet interesting people and you also learn about what’s new about products and services in agriculture. Just like at the recent agri expo under the auspices of .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- Vaccination vs polio, measles in Pangasinan slated this September : LINGAYEN,Pangasinan, Aug. 31 (PNA)--The provincial health office (PHO) together with the Department of Health (DOH) will conduct a province-wide vaccination against poliomyelitis or polio and measles this month of September. PHO chief .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- Negros Occ. to host nat’l tourism gab : BACOLOD City – All roads lead to Negros Occidental, the sugar capital of the Philippines and home of the world-renowned Panaad Festival this October 2, 3 and 4 as it hosts the 15th National Convention of the Association of Tourism Officers of the Philippines (ATOP). Hosted by .... Full Story»
|Makati News:Sunday, August 31, 2014 - Expat: Multinational firms coming to PH:Major multinational companies, some of them belonging to the elite Fortune 500 list, are now looking at the Philippines to go big time in terms of investments, says Lars Wittig, a long-time Manila resident whose company plays a role in accommodating these new investors.... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- Iloilo starts search for multilingual APEC tourist guides : Iloilo tourism officials have started a search for multilingual tourist guides for the coming Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit ministerial meetings. City Tourism Officer Ben Jimena said the guides should be fluent in the tongues of APEC .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- Canadian Chamber eyes more business in Davao City : DAVAO CITY, Aug 31 (PNA) -- The Canadian Chamber of Commerce will be opening an office in Davao City before the year ends with the aim of encouraging more investment projects between the Philippines and Canada. “This will be the first one in Mindanao and our .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News :Monday, September 1st, 2014- 30 Cebu mayors want 84 trees cut: CEBU CITY—At least 30 Cebu mayors want Environment Secretary Ramon Paje to reissue an order to cut 84 trees, many of which are century-old, in two cities and one town in southern Cebu province.... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News:Monday, September 1st, 2014- NYC launches Abot-Alam, spearheads voter’s registration in CDO: CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, September 1 (PIA) – The National Youth Commission (NYC) launched Abot – Alam and spearheaded voter’s registration on August 28, in time for the city fiesta in Cagayan de Oro City.... Full Story»
|Angeles City News:Sunday, August 31st, 2014- Burial of veterans in US-funded cemetery suspended: CLARK FREEPORT, Philippines – The government-owned Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), which oversees more than 100,000 hectares of former American base lands, has suspended the burial of US military service veterans and Philippine Scouts at Clark Veterans Cemetery (CVC)... Full Story»
|Albay News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- NEW LICENSE PLATES : Legazpi City, Albay — The Land Transportation Office (LTO) Bicol conducted a meeting with manufacturers, assemblers, importers, rebuilders and dealers of motor vehicles last Thursday here to clarify the new policies regarding motor vehicle registration and the distribution of new plates. Attorney .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- Mandaue honors top taxpayers : CEBU, CEBU, Philippines - The Mandaue City government honored 41 top taxpayers in the city during the Taxpayer's Appreciation Night held at the City Sports and Cultural Center last Friday evening. Vic Enterprises, Visayan Electric Company, Everjust Realty Development Corp. and .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Sunday, August 31, 2014 -- After 8-month vacancy, MSU still awaits PNoy appointment of new president : After eight months of repeated appeals for President Benigno Aquino III to appoint a new president for the Mindanao State University system, MSU has remained without a "legitimate" head. A second .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- WB lends $508 M to Phl for rural infra
- Sunday, August 31, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The World Bank is extending a $508.25-million loan and grant package to the Philippines for rural infrastructure aimed at improving the productivity of small farmers and fisherfolk, raising rural incomes and reducing poverty in the country.
- The six-year Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP) also aims to facilitate easier access of farmers’ produce to the markets. The Department of Agriculture (DA) will implement the project ........................ Full Story»
- PH ranked 5th biggest in Asean as of end-2013
- Saturday, August 30, 2014 6:45 am
- The Philippines emerged as the fifth biggest economy among the 10-member states of the Association of Southeast Nations in 2013, based on the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) at current prices which stood at $269 billion, data from the Asean showed.
- In terms of international merchandise trade and foreign direct investment inflow, the Philippines ranked sixth in Asean neighbors, after generating a total trade of $119.1 billion and attracting $3.86 billion worth of investments last year, statistics further disclosed ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains