Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Adl, Agua, Alem, Am, An, Ar, At
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu
Cad, Cal, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo, Cua
Dan, Day, Don, Dul
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Mari, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Polo, Prim, Pung
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If you do not wish to register, you may still update your barangay via email to: email@example.com or Via Facebook by posting your updates or pictures to the OBI Facebook Page
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Philippines well prepared to weather shocks – Stan Chart : MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines is well prepared to weather economic shocks as its economic fundamentals remain solid and buoyant, Standard Chartered Bank said .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Zamboanga City allocates PHP21.2-M PhilHealth insurance for indigents : ZAMBOANGA CITY, April 20 (PNA) -– The city's local government has allocated anew PHP21.2 million in this year’s annual budget for the renewal of the PhilHealth insurance cards of mostly underprivileged residents .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- New DENR-9 regional office building inaugurated : PAGADIAN CITY, April 20 (PIA) – As the regional center for region 9 has been transferred from Zamboanga City to Pagadian City, the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)-9 has inaugurated on Friday, April 17, its new regional .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Dipolog gets above ideal functionality level on children’s protection and welfare : DIPOLOG CITY, April 20 (PIA) – The city government here got an above ideal level of functionality in the protection and welfare of children, according to the Regional Inter-Agency Monitoring Task Force on .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Monday, April 20, 2015 -- PDEA is now ISO-certified : MANILA, April 20 (PNA) -- The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), the country’s lead agency in the fight against illegal drugs, is now ISO 9001:2008 certified. PDEA Director General Undersecretary Arturo G. Cacdac, Jr., said this after receiving the prestigious .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Balikatan 2015’s ENCAP officially opens in Puerto Princesa, Palawan : PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, April 20 (PNA) -- The bilateral exercise Balikatan 2015 officially started Monday morning in this capital city of Palawan, strengthening civil-military relations, and sharing experiences among military troops of .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Region 1 Medical Center now developing into a world-class hospital : DAGUPAN CITY, April 20 (PNA) -- The Region I Medical Center (R1MC) in the heart of Dagupan City is now developing into a world-class government hospital north of Manila under the administration of President Benigno Aquino III. This was .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Negros Occidental LGUs, other sellers earn Php7.2M during Panaad festival : BACOLOD CITY, April 20 (PNA) -- A total of Php7.2 million in gross sales were raked in by local government units (LGUs) and other sellers during the week-long 22nd Panaad Sa Negros Festival that ended Sunday .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Monday, April 20, 2015 -- MPIC to cap 2015 with 2,500 bed-capacity : PUBLICLY listed Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC) is adding more than 400 beds to its chain of hospitals in the country on the back of the growing health-care market. Through Metro Pacific Hospital Holdings Inc., MPIC President and CEO Augusto P. Palisoc Jr. told .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Weeklong bike festival to gather some 5,000 bikers to Iloilo City : ILOILO CITY, April 20 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Food trip, walking tour highlight Davao fun sale : ORGANIZERS of Visit Davao Fun Sale (VDFS) 2015 are set to stage the Visit Davao Food Trip and Walking Tour on April 23-27 for hotel and restaurant management (HRM) and tourism students in Davao City. Olan Fernandez Emboscado, author of .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Senior citizens to get aid Friday : CEBU City Mayor Michael Rama announced yesterday that the City Government will release on Friday the P120 million worth of cash assistance for the estimated 60,000 senior citizens in the city. The mayor also plans to distribute the cash aid to the elderly through .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- CDO hosts Senior High School summit : CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, April 20 (PIA) -- The city government of Cagayan de oro is now ready in hosting the Senior High School Summit slated on April 21, in partnership with the League of Cities of the Philippines and Department of Education (DepEd), .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Duyan Ni Maria children get Quota teddy bears : ANGELES CITY -- Children under the care of shelter facility Ang Duyan ni Maria here received Quota Teddy Bears in a social mission organized by the members and officers of Quota International of Pampanga and the Rotary Club of Angeles Kuliat. Quota .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- DENR-Bicol starts mangrove, beach forest development project : LEGAZPI CITY, April 20 (PNA) -– Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Regional Director Gilbert C. Gonzales has ordered the formation of a composite action team in connection with the implementation of the Mangrove and .... Full Story»
|Cebu News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- NIA identifies Lake Danao in Camotes Island as good irrigation source : CEBU CITY, April 20 (PNA) -- The National Irrigation Administration (NIA) has identified Lake Danao as a potent source for irrigation water in San Francisco town in Camotes Island off northern Cebu. The 650-hectare lake, the biggest in .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- Hataman reiterates ARMM gov’t support to Mindanao peace process : COTABATO CITY, April 20 (PNA) -- Regional Governor Mujiv Hataman of the Autonomous Region in Muslim MIndnao (ARMM) today reiterated his commitment and support to Malacanang's .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- Philippines well prepared to weather shocks – Stan Chart
- Monday, April 20, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines is well prepared to weather economic shocks as its economic fundamentals remain solid and buoyant, Standard Chartered Bank said.
- “Our findings confirm our view that the Philippines’ external vulnerability is relatively low. Most of the shocks did not result in significant shifts in the Philippines’ market or economic variables,” Standard Chartered said ........................ Full Story»
- BPO, remittances to keep propping up PH construction, economy, says U.S. think tank
- Sunday, April 19, 2015 6:09 pm
- MANILA - The information technology-business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) industry and remittances will remain as growth drivers for the Philippine economy, U.S.-based think tank IHS Global Insight said.
- “Two key growth drivers for the Philippines economy are the rapidly growing IT-BPO sector and the strong flow of remittances from Filipino workers abroad,” IHS Asia-Pacific chief economist Rajiv Biswas told the Philippines News Agency in an e-mail ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.