Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Adl, Agua, Alem, Am, An, Ar, At
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu
Cad, Cal, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo, Cua
Dan, Day, Don, Dul
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Mari, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Polo, Prim, Pung
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters. Take the time to read the 130 pages of: The Local Government Code of The Philippines
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If you do not wish to register, you may still update your barangay via email to: email@example.com or Via Facebook by posting your updates or pictures to the OBI Facebook Page
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- PSEi rises slightly : THE LOCAL stock barometer returned to positive territory yesterday on the back of selective buying, with telecom firm Globe Telecoms leading the rally .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- City gov’t to intensify anti-smoking crackdown : The City Government will initiate an intensified week-long crackdown on violators of the smoking ordinance next week in line with the global commemoration of World No Tobacco Day on May 31. From May 25 to May 31, the Smoke-Free Task .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- Wife of ex-Pagadian City mayor elated over her release from detention : PAGADIAN CITY, Zamboanga del Sur, May 21 (PNA) – Priscilla Ann, the wife of former city Mayor Samuel Co said her prayers were answered after the court ordered her release from detention at the National Bureau of .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News:Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- Collaborated Health Program : Better health programs in ZamPen– thanks to the Municipal Health Leadership and Governance Program (MLGP) of the DOH and Zuellig Family Foundation. Local Government Units (LGUs) are often frustrated when national government agencies .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- (News Feature) Daily intake of EPL prevents liver damage : MANILA, May 21 (PNA)--A university lecturer, consultant and specialist on Pharmacology, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Phospolipids underscored Thursday how essential phospholipids (EPL) effectively helps improve .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- (Special Report) PHL presence off WPS to continue despite tensions : MANILA,May 21 (PNA) -- Despite ongoing tensions at the West Philippine Sea, soldiers and civilian residents manning Filipino-owned features in the Spratlys Island Group, especially those living in Pagasa, have expressed .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- Nat’l Fishery Congress gears eyes ASEAN competitiveness : LINGAYEN, Pangasinan, May 21 (PIA) – Fishery industry leaders from across the Philippines convened in Pangasinan for a three-day National Fishery Producers’ Congress geared towards competitiveness in the economic .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- Activation of additional Baciwa wells set : THE Bacolod City Water District (Baciwa) is set to activate two additional production wells located in Hacienda Loygoy, Barangay Granada Bacolod City in June, its management said. Acting assistant manager for Operations Jenelyn Gemora said .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- PSE to sell Makati, Ortigas offices in line with move to new BGC home : The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) said it is set to sell its two offices in Makati City and Ortigas Center in line with its planned move into a unified office in the rapidly growing central business district of Fort Bonifacio in .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- Reading program caters to city street children : ILOILO CITY, May 21 (PNA) -- A village in this city has provided street children venue to experience excitement and fun of reading. The Brgy. Aduana reading activity and feeding program started wayback 2010 when Iloilo City Librarian IV Asuzena .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- Electrical safety, ASEAN integration highlight Electrical Engineers confab in Davao City : DAVAO CITY, May 21 (PNA) -- Electrical safety and ASEAN economic integration will highlight the three-day 2015 National Midyear Convention of electrical practitioners and professionals starting .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- 9 grads from Cebu schools top 2 board exams : NINE graduates from Cebu City schools are among the top performers in two recent licensure examinations given this month. Seven graduates Chemical Engineering and Accountancy graduates from the University of San Carlos (USC) landed in .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- DOH urges mothers to adapt Pinggang Pinoy : CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, May 21 (PIA) – Department of Health (DOH) reiterates its call on mothers to prepare a healthy food plate for the family despite money and time constraint. Nutritionist Telesfora G. Madelo of DOH region 10 said .... Full Story»
| Angeles City News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- Angeles council approves ordinance regulating use of plastic bags : ANGELES CITY -- The Angeles City Council has approved an ordinance regulating the use and distribution of plastic bags and polystyrene foam in the city. The ordinance, also known as "Plastic Bag and Styrofoam .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- DOE, NPC to lead power caravan in Albay : LEGAZPI CITY, May 21 (PNA) -- Department of Energy (DOE) Secretary Jericho I. Petilla and National Power Corp. (NPC) president and Chief Executive Officer Gladys C. Sta. Rita will lead the Power Caravan at the Albay Astrodome on May 27. The Power .... Full Story»
|Cebu News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- MCIA targets 10 million arrivals in 2016 : THE Mactan-Cebu International Airport contributes largely to Cebu’s economy and allows the region to grow at a faster rate than the Philippines, an airport official said. Mactan-Cebu International Airport Authority (MCIAA) General Manager Nigel Paul .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Thursday, May 21, 2015 -- Palace hoping Congress will pass BBL version for peace, development of Mindanao : MANILA, May 21 (PNA) -- Malacanang is hoping both the House of Representatives and the Senate will pass a Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) version that will .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- PSEi rises slightly
- Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:40 am
- THE LOCAL stock barometer returned to positive territory yesterday on the back of selective buying, with telecom firm Globe Telecoms leading the rally.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) added 10.62 points or 0.13 percent to close at 7,881.93 in mixed trade ......................... Full Story»
- PH growth racing ahead of neighbors
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015
- The Philippines’ economy is shedding its reputation as a laggard and outpacing others in the region – with the fastest growth rate among major economies in East Asia after China.
- The country notched growth last year of just over 6%, and the central bank targets growth of 7% to 8% in 2015. That compares with 0.9% in Thailand and 5% in Indonesia in 2014 ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.