Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bas, Bued
San I, Sc
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list below, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. firstname.lastname@example.org
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- President Aquino sees 2015 a banner year for Philippine economy : PARIS, France, Sep 21 -- Given the unprecedented investor confidence enjoyed by the Philipppines, President Benigno S. Aquino III on Thursday said he expects 2015 to be a banner year for the country .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- Zambo lines up World Rabies Day activities : The Office of the City Veterinarian (OCVet) through the City Rabies Control and Eradication Coordinating Council (CRCECC) has lined up activities to observe this year’s World Rabies Day. City Veterinarian Dr. Mario Arriola said Friday that among .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 --
2 Marines nabbed in shabu buy-bust : Two enlisted personnel of the Philippine Marines were arrested during a buy-bust operation in Barangay San Jose District, Pagadian City last Wednesday. Nabbed were Cpl. Ryan Monterel Depuno and PFC Silvano Caindoy. They were arrested by men of .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- Creation of rubber industry board pushed : A lawmaker is pushing for the creation of a national rubber industry development board to provide a strong foundation for the development and stability of the rubber industry in the country. Rep. Isagani S. Amatong (3rd District, Zamboanga del Norte) said .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- Night run set in QC : More than 9,000 professional and amateur runners are expected to gather at the Quezon Memorial Circle on Nov. 29 to participate in the much-awaited 4th Quezon City International Marathon (QCIM). Started in 2010 by the QC local government, it is the first time that global marathon will be .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- Puerto Princesa gathers residents for “Clean-Up the World Weekend” : PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, Sept. 21 (PNA) -- It’s “Clean Up the World Weekend” in this city Saturday as throngs upon throngs of people trooped to major coastal sites to collect debris and other waste materials in a bid to be united with .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- 1st Robotics Science Fair set in November : PANGASINAN’S youths will likely develop their own ideas about how life will be in the future when robots finally become part of their daily lives. This is the objective of the1st Dagupan City Robotics Science Fair in November that will be presented by the Science .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- Puentevella stands by Ebreo : BACOLOD City — Mayor Monico Puentevella has no plan to remove Bacolod Transport Authority Office (BTAO) head Reynaldo Ebreo despite the protests of transport groups. “I stand by my people when they perform their duties well,” Puentevella said. For several months, .... Full Story»
|Makati News: Sunday, September 21, 2014- British envoy lauds mass immunization efforts in Makati City:MANILA - The British Ambassador to the Philippines has praised the ongoing mass immunization efforts of the Makati Health Department (MHD) against measles, rubella and polio after seeing for himself the door-to-door vaccination drive in the barangays.... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- Iloilo Central Market revitalization ‘marches’ on : ILOILO City – There is no giving up in the Central Business District (CBD) revitalization project of the city government. City Administrator Norlito Bautista, committee on market head and Local Economic Enterprise Office (LEEO) officer-in-charge, said Mayor .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- Phl promotes Davao at China-Asean expo : NANNING – The Davao region took center stage as the country’s representative to the “City of Charms” pavilion at the 11th China-Association of Southeast Asian Nations Expo (CAEXPO) here this week. “We are featuring Davao’s products and culture,” said Rosario .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News :Sunday, September 21, 2014- Easy Taxi ‘fully operational’ in Cebu: DESPITE other available mobile taxi booking services, those behind the operations of Easy Taxi hope to be different by paying attention to a passenger’s experience.... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Songbird returns to CDO: Out of Regine Velasquez-Alcasid’s 10 Kapuso shows in the regions this year, seven of these were welcomed with rain showers—perhaps a testament to the power of her voice, which jolts the good heavens once in a while.... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 - From US base to ‘Green City’ : ANGELES CITY, Pampanga—A government agency planned to convert a former US air force base here into a “Green City,” which will generate jobs and investments and promote an environment friendly way of life for its people, a senior official said on Sunday. Arnel Casanova, .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- DOST-Bicol opens grant of civil service eligibility to science teachers, researchers : LEGAZPI CITY, Sept. 21 (PNA) –- Bicolanos who have worked in the field of science and technology (S&T) for a required number of years may now avail of the civil service eligibility grant that the Department of Science and Technology .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- DSWD plan for elderly has support of city execs : CEBU, Philippines - Officials of Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu cities and the town of Cordova support the move of officials of the Department of Social Welfare and Development to include younger indigent senior citizens in the coverage of the social pension program.
Mandaue .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Sunday, September 21, 2014 -- Bangsamoro task: 715,228 illiterates : BAGUIO CITY—The process of building a Bangsamoro region has started in Congress, but literacy advocates on Friday said one of the government’s crucial problems in the transition from the Autonomous Region in Muslim .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- President Aquino sees 2015 a banner year for Philippine economy
- Sunday, September 21, 2014
- PARIS, France, Sep 21 -- Given the unprecedented investor confidence enjoyed by the Philipppines, President Benigno S. Aquino III on Thursday said he expects 2015 to be a banner year for the country.
- Speaking before a forum organized by the French Institute for International Relations here, President Aquino said all the factors needed to allow the country to build the momentum are already in place ........................ Full Story»
- Germany, Philippines ink trade, social security, training agreements
- Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:55 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Bilateral relations between the Philippines and Germany expanded Friday as leaders forge agreements in trade, social security and technical training.
- At the press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the Federal Chancellery, Aquino announced the signing of an agreement on trade cooperation between the two nations through exchange of drafts formally establishing the German-Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Manila ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains