Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
Cad, Cam, Coa
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. email@example.com
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- Phl stocks surge on Wall St rally : MANILA, Philippines - Another overnight Wall Street rally behind the US Federal Reserve’s pledge to be patient in hiking rates catapulted the local benchmark index into the positive territory for the second consecutive session yesterday .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- LTO-9 revenue collection for 2014 to breach P400M : Land Trasportation Office-9 Director Aminola P. Abaton is optimistic that his office’s revenue collection for 2014 will breach P400 million. Abaton said so far LTO-9 collected more or less P396 from January to November this year which is higher compared to .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Saturday, December 19, 2014 -- Illegal Firecrackers Seized in Sindangan : Sindangan, Zamboanga Del Sur - Elements of Sindangan MPS led by PO3 Randy M Tumlad conducted spot inspection and operation against the illegal sale of firecrackers and other pyrotechnic devices without retailer’s permit in Barangay Poblacion.
The .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- Piñan Most Wanted, 2 Others Cuffed : Dapitan City - A senior citizen who was listed as the top most wanted person in Piñan Municipality was arrested during manhunt operation conducted by the elements of CIDG-Zamboanga Del Norte, Piñan MPS, Dapitan CPS, and Zamboanga .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- Quezon City still ‘richest city in PH’ : The Quezon City government is still the richest city in the country after breaching the P15 billion mark in gross revenue collections surpassing all of the city’s previous tax haul. City Treasurer Edgar Villanueva predicted that a budget surplus of P15 to P30 million is .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- A premium holiday destination for the discerning traveler : The Philippines has some of the best beach properties in the world. With over 7,000 islands, white sand beaches with turquoise waters are found in several of these tropical paradise destinations. Cradled in the clear waters of one of Southeast Asia’s .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- Hospitals in Pangasinan ready emergency personnel for revelry injuries : Hospitals in Pangasinan have prepared emergency teams to treat revelry-related injuries for Christmas and the New Year. In Dagupan City, the Region 1 Medical Center readied teams to deal with victims of vehicular accidents, .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- NegOcc 4th District ‘peaceful’ : BACOLOD City — The Provincial Peace Integration and Development Unit (PRO-PIDU) aims to declare the 4th District of Negros Occidental as a “peaceful and ready-for-further-development district” by end of January next year. Local government units in the district are .... Full Story»
|Makati News :Saturday, December 20, 2014-- Makati lifting number coding from Dec. 24 to Jan. 2 : Motorists in Makati City will get a pass from the number coding scheme from December 24 to 28, then from Dec. 30 to the first week of 2015. The Makati City government on Saturday announced the number coding will be lifted from Dec. 24 to 26, and on Dec. 30 and .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- Traffic aides’ drug test results next week : ILOILO City — The results of the random drug testing on all traffic aides here may be released next week, according to the Transportation Management and Traffic Regulation Office (TMTRO). A total of 263 traffic officers had undergone the drug test from Dec. 4 to .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- 48,000 Lumads go to Davao City for Christmas : DAVAO CITY, Philippines – It’s like an annual Christmas exodus from the mountains. About 12,000 families or 48,000 indigenous people are huddled like evacuees within the urban districts of Davao City. But this is not to prepare for a disaster – it’s their way of .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Saturday, December 20, 2014-- 2.9T indigent kids treated to fun, games at gathering : JOHN Dale Sala, 10, went home with a bunch of goodies after he attended a Christmas party organized by the Cebu City Progressive Uptown Movement (CC-PUM). “Naa nami pamasko. Malipay gyod akong mama ug mga igsuon ani (We’ll have something .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Saturday, December 20, 2014-- Cagayan de Oro tops Palarong Pampook regional meet : The Cagayan de Oro Athletic Association (COAA) won the over-all championship in the just concluded 2014 NMRAA Palarong Pampook held in the city and various towns of Misamis Oriental. Team Rafters won in both the Elementary & .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- Burials resume at Clark Veterans Cemetery : Burials at the Clark Veterans Cemetery (CVC) has resumed after the Bases Conversion Development Authority suspended the interment at the war veterans’ resting place on December 1. Earlier, United States Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) urged .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- Mayon volcano warning declines : LEGAZPI, Albay—The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology has lowered to Alert Level 2 from Alert Level 3 the status of restive Mayon volcano in Albay due to the general decline in its activity since the last recorded seismic swarm on Nov. 29. For nearly three weeks, .... Full Story»
|Cebu News : Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- CH to buy more equipment to deal with disaster : TO BE better prepared for typhoons, the Lapu-Lapu City Government intends to get more equipment and implement a more systematic way of evacuating residents. Mayor Paz Radaza said the City needs more machinery like chainsaws, rubber boats, generator sets and .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Saturday, December 20, 2014 -- ARMM to construct 6 women peace and training center : The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) will set up a total of six women peace and training centers, one in each of the region’s five component provinces and at its seat in this city. The centers are .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- Phl stocks surge on Wall St rally
- Saturday, December 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Another overnight Wall Street rally behind the US Federal Reserve’s pledge to be patient in hiking rates catapulted the local benchmark index into the positive territory for the second consecutive session yesterday.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) climbed 1.37 percent or 96.35 points to close at 7,125.63 while the broader All Shares index grew 1.09 percent or 45.25 points at 4,195.81 ......................... Full Story»
- PH electronics sector seen growing faster than expected at 7-11% in 2014
- Friday, December 19, 2014 5:30 am
- MANILA, Philippines–Despite lingering congestion at the ports of Manila, the Philippine electronics industry is seen to grow faster than expected this year at about 7 to 11 percent due to rising global demand and the recovery of key markets.
- This growth may, however, slow down to about 5 to 7 percent next year, the Semiconductor and Electronics Industries in the Philippines Inc. (Seipi) reported Thursday ......................... Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.