Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Adl, Agua, Alem, Am, An, Ar, At
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu
Cad, Cal, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo, Cua
Dan, Day, Don, Dul
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Mari, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Polo, Prim, Pung
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters. Take the time to read the 130 pages of: The Local Government Code of The Philippines
- It is unfortunate that the Dept of Tourism(DOT) and other governmental agencies do not promote the name of the barangay. Only the name of the municipality/city or province is mentioned.
- Even most business do not put the name of the barangay on their webpages, business cards, business letters and banners. What they seem to forget is the fact that they can't get or renew a business license without first getting a barangay clearance. Yes even companies like PLDT, BPI, SMmall or PAL. Now that is a shame.
- Even the president of the Philippines intentionally or unintentionally ignores the barangay. The Malacañang palace is located within a barangay. The barangay of Barangay 643, San Miguel, Manila. But the official address of Malacañang does not mention the name of Barangay 643, it only shows this:
Current Address shows:
- 1000 Jose P Laurel Sr, San Miguel
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
The address should be this:
- 1000 Jose P Laurel Sr, Barangay 643, San Miguel
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If you do not wish to register, you may still update your barangay via email to: email@example.com or Via Facebook by posting your updates or pictures to the OBI Facebook Page
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- Moody’s sees strong loan growth in PH : Bank lending growth in the Philippines will continue to outpace the rest of the region given the strong demand from both businesses and households, even as financing becomes more expensive in the coming months .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- City’s weightlifters grab medals in Rio Olympics : Zamboangueño weightlifters Hidilyn Diaz and Nestor Colonia emerged victorious in a weightlifting Olympic-qualifier competition held in Texas, a victory which will set them on the road to the 2016 .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- 4 Snagged for Illegal Gambling in Aurora, ZC : Zamboanga del Sur - Elements of Provincial Anti-illegal Gambling Operation Task Force (PAIGSOTF) in coordination with the Aurora MPS, conducted an operation against swertres in Barangay Upper Cabilinan, .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- DAR holds farmers' convention in Dipolog City : CLOSED to 400 farmers coming from 141 Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Organizations (Arbos) have attended a two-day Microfinance Cum Farmers' Convention in Dipolog City, Zamboanga .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- Manila Water issues advisory on water meter theft, tampering : QUEZON CITY, 24 November (PIA) – Manila Water recently issued an advisory warning its customers of meter theft and tampering. In the advisory, Manila Water Spokesperson, OIC for Corporate .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- Recto wants to tap P170-B Malampaya fund for SALt lamps mass production : MANILA – Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto on Tuesday urged the government to bankroll the development and mass production of the Sustainable Alternative Light or SALt lamps with .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- DTI to retailers: Stick to SRPs : DAGUPAN CITY, November 24 (PIA) – The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) here has warned retailers, distributors and manufacturers against selling basic commodities higher than the suggested retail prices (SRPs). Provincial .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- ‘NegOcc 4th richest province’ : BACOLOD City – Negros Occidental was the fourth richest province in the Philippines in 2014, with an equity of P4.741 billion, a report from the Commission on Audit (COA) showed. The COA said that year Cebu was .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- Thai online firm opens shop in PH : Thai online marketplace, itruemart, a subsidiary of Ascend e-commerce group of companies, expects to be the second largest online shopping website in the Philippines, as it invests $4.5 million on its entry in the country. Local .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- Dinagyang Festival to invade Hong Kong in 2016 : THE Department of Tourism (DOT) in Western Visayas is set to bring the Dinagyang Festival to Hong Kong to participate in the most colorful Chinese Festival Night Parade in February 2016. DOT Regional Director .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- PH shipping firm eyed to serve Davao-Gensan-Bitung sea route : A PHILIPPINE-based shipping company has already secured a special permit to operate within the Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines-East Asean Growth Area (BIMP-Eaga) .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- Cebu ready to host 5,000 guests for Batang Pinoy : AROUND 5,000 athletes and spectators are expected to grace the opening of the 2015 National Youth Games-Batang Pinoy National Championships this Friday at the Cebu City Sports Center. This was disclosed by .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- NorMin Best 21 for Gawad KALASAG Awards named : CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Nov. 24 – Twenty one (21) entries in northern Mindanao emerged as winners for 2015 Gawad KALASAG in northern Mindanao. Seven regional winners emerged as .... Full Story»
| Angeles City News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- Women honored in 1st Aslag Angelena Awards : ANGELES CITY -- “They always let others shine. Now, it’s their time to shine.” Thus said Vice Mayor Vicky Vega-Cabigting when she led the First Aslag Angelena Awards at the Lewis Grand Hotel here on .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- Albay all set for PATA New Tourism Frontiers Forum 2015 : LEGAZPI CITY, Albay – Delegates of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) New Tourism Frontiers Forum 2015 from around the Pacific and Asian nations started to arrive Tuesday morning to grace the 3-day .... Full Story»
|Cebu News: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- DAR Cebu holds climate change resiliency forum : THE Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) Cebu recently conducted a climate change resiliency farmers’ forum with a theme, “Empowering Small Holder Farmers toward Climate Resiliency.” About 50 agrarian reform .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News:Tuesday, November 24, 2015 -- 300 farmer-beneficiaries in ARMM receive land ownership title : MARAWI CITY, Lanao del Sur, Nov. 23 – Almost 300 farmer-beneficiaries in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) received their Certificate of .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- Moody’s sees strong loan growth in PH
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:42 am
- Bank lending growth in the Philippines will continue to outpace the rest of the region given the strong demand from both businesses and households, even as financing becomes more expensive in the coming months.
- Debt watcher Moody’s Investor Service, which has a “stable” outlook for Philippine banks, said the domestic economy’s bright prospects would drive loan demand ........ Full Story»
- Philippine firms among strongest in disaster risk management in region
- Monday, November 23, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines’ private sector is one of the most advanced in Asia when it comes to disaster risk management, but its citizens are at the bottom in terms of awareness on disaster preparedness.
- an interview, United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) Private Sector Advisory Group member Hans Sy told The STAR that Philippine firms are among the strongest in disaster risk reduction and management in the region ........ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.