Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
Cad, Cam, Coa
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. firstname.lastname@example.org
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Filipino delicacies find global market : Chocolate moron (steamed rice cake) from Abuyog in Leyte, handwoven banig (mats) from Zamboanga, coconut jam with coco sugar from South Cotabato and handcrafted jewelry from Bicol are just a few of the artisanal delicacies and products one can take home as .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- City allocates additional P8 million to complete phase 1 of sanitary landfill : The city government has allocated an additional P8 million for the construction of the Material Recovery Facility (MRF) and installation of lighting facilities in this city’s sanitary landfill. City Engineer Vicente Luis Despalo said .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Saturday, November 22, 2014 -- Tambulig Teen Robber, 4 Other Wanted Persons Arrested : Tambulig, Zamboanga Del Sur- Elements of Tambulig MPS led by SPO4 Roberto C. Cortes arrested a teenager charged with robbery in Barangay Cabgan at about 3:00 PM on November 21, 2014. Police Senior Inspector Benjamin Napigkit, .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Masked gunman shoots Dipolog villager : DIPOLOG CITY – A masked gunman shot dead a villager in an attack Saturday in Dipolog City in Zamboanga del Norte, police said. Police identified the victim as Al Gasapo, 42, who was just drinking with his friends when shot by the assailant. Witnesses said .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Biotechnology for a better life for Filipinos explained : MANILA, Philippines—To enable Filipinos to better understand and appreciate the use of biotechnology, different government agencies have set a series of activities for this year’s celebration of Biotechnology Week. With the theme, “Edukasyon sa .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Palawan, You’re the One! : CEBU, Philippines - Palawan, as surveyed by the international travel magazine Condé Nast Traveler, bested other 30 islands worldwide, pushing the white sandy beaches of Boracay to the 12th spot. Thanks to Puerto Princesa’s Subterranean River, Palawan has earned the votes of .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Tayug builds permanent “Christmas Tree”' : LINGAYEN– The eastern Pangasinan town Tayug is now working on having a daily Christmas ambience by erecting a permanent “Christmas Tree” in the town plaza. “We want that in Tayug, it’ll be Christmas everyday,” said town mayor Tyrone Agabas in .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Negros attracts migratory birds : BACOLOD City – Thousands of migratory birds from Siberia, China and Australia pass by, feed and even breed in the wetlands of Negros Occidental, particularly from Bago City up to Ilog town. There are about 109,000 migratory shorebirds in the area for the month of .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Taxi driver nabbed for Makati City holdup inside his cab : The police arrested a taxi driver who, together with a still unidentified man, allegedly robbed two passengers in Makati City on Friday. Rogelio Valencia Jr., 42, picked up his would-be victims at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia) Terminal 3 and later .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Ilonggo makes waves as doll dress designer : WHAT began as a hobby is now a promising venture for Reynel Solen. Fresh from college four years ago and waiting for calls from potential employers, he collected retaso (excess strips of cloth) from his mother’s work space, and made doll dresses to kill his time. It was .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Council urged: Allow e-trikes to travel on city streets : A COMPANY engaged in manufacturing of electrically-charged tricycles requested the City Council to grant them a franchise allowing e tricycles to travel around Davao City. The Philippine Etrans Manufacturing Corp. sent a letter to Councilor Tomas .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- City starts cleaning playgrounds : THE Cebu City Parks and Playgrounds Commission has started a greening and beautification program in the city in preparation for two major events-the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) Summit next year and the International Eucharistic Congress in 2016. Arleigh Gesta of .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- CDO’s emerging foodie trail : CAGAYAN de Oro City is a place known to many domestic and foreign tourists as an adventure destination. Every year, hundreds of thousands of people visit CdeO just for the whitewater rafting alone. Adventure-seekers also find more exciting activities a few minutes away from .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Former US marine extradited : ANGELES CITY -- A former US Marine accused of killing a retired Northern Ireland police officer and his Filipino girlfriend in this city has been extradited from Los Angeles, California, according to the Associated Press (AP). The 36-year-old suspect, Timothy Kaufman, was .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Phivolcs: 3 volcanic quakes from Mayon in last 24 hours : At least three volcanic quakes were recorded from restive Mayon Volcano in the last 24 hours, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said Sunday. In its 8 a.m. update, Phivolcs also noted white steam plumes of moderate volume drifting .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- Mandaue choir sets charity drive : OVER a span of a decade, the Mandaue Children’s Choir under the direction of internationally acclaimed musical director, Maestro Dennis Gregory Sugarol, has earned accolades here and abroad. From their beginnings as the Mandaue City School for the Arts Children’s Choir, .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Sunday, November 23, 2014 -- ARMM Explores Entrepreneurship Program to spur Bangsamoro Economy : The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) considered the poorest region in the country is hoping that a program on entrepreneurship can spur more economic activity in .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- Filipino delicacies find global market
- Sunday, November 23, 2014 2:04 am
- Chocolate moron (steamed rice cake) from Abuyog in Leyte, handwoven banig (mats) from Zamboanga, coconut jam with coco sugar from South Cotabato and handcrafted jewelry from Bicol are just a few of the artisanal delicacies and products one can take home as pasalubong—if you have the time and money to travel to these places.
- If not, then you have the option to buy them all from just one place, thanks to a new online store that aims to boost both awareness and sales of Philippine cultural heritage products: 1780 by SariSaristore ......................... Full Story»
- Business confidence up in Q4
- Saturday, November 22, 2014 12:00 am
- The latest Business Expectations Survey showed a confidence index of 48.3 percent from a three-year low of 34.4 percent in the third quarter.
- The improvement in the sentiment was driven by the expected increase in consumer demand amid the holiday season, and a sustained growth in orders and projects, the BSP said ......................... Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com appreciates your donations. We also affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains