Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Adl, Agua, Alem, Am, An, Ar, At
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu
Cad, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Mari, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Polo, Prim, Pung
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. firstname.lastname@example.org
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Philippines growth can top 8% – Domingo Survey ranks Phl 2nd to China in 2015 : MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine economy could grow faster than eight percent this year if oil prices will remain low, a cabinet official said .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Friday, February 27, 2015 -- City Hall bares winners of Local Achievers 2015 : The city government has announced the Local Achievers 2015 awardees, who were honored during the awards nights at Centro Latino Wednesday, one of the highlights of the 78thDia de Zamboanga celebration. Mayor Beng Climaco bestowed the prestigious .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Dimataling Theft Suspect, 1 Other Cornered : Pagadian City – A female hospital aide wanted for the crime of “Other Deceits” was arrested by elements of Pagadian City Police Station in Purok Mabini, Barangay Sto. Niño at about 9:45 AM of February 26, 2015. Accused Leah Amsali, 24, admin aide of .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Mindanao’s TreeVolution breaks India’s record : DIPOLOG CITY, Feb. 27 (PIA) – It is confirmed that India’s record as having planted the most number of trees in one hour is now history. Mindanao’s TreeVolution beat India. Department of Environment and Natural Resources-Zamboanga del Norte .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Friday, February 27, 2015 -- DSWD sets up voice and text hotlines for more accuracy in the 2nd round of 'Listahanan' assessment : MANILA, Feb. 27 (PNA) -- The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said on Friday it has set up voice and text hotlines for queries and complaints to ensure more accuracy in .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Ranking Japanese naval officer visits PHL Ulugan Bay facilities : MANILA, Feb. 27 (PNA) -- The Philippine Navy (PN) on Thursday confirmed Friday that Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force chief Admiral Tomohisa Takei visited the Naval Forces West facility in Ulugan Bay, Palawan Wednesday. Navy public affairs .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Health research bout set in Pangasinan : DAGUPAN CITY, Feb. 27 (PIA) – The Region I Research and Development Consortium (R1HRDC)–Regional Research Contest is set on February 27 at the Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation in San Carlos City. Dr. Lourdes Otayza, chairman of the consortium said .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- NegOcc provincial gov’t eyes creation of hospital operations department : BACOLOD CITY, Feb. 27 (PNA) -- The Province of Negros Occidental is mulling to create another department that will solely handle the operations of Capitol-run hospitals. A budget of Php822 million has been proposed for .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Makati allots P2.1B for education : Makati City continues to prioritize education as it allotted P2.1 billion for its public education programs this year. The city’s education budget, which will cover preschool, elementary, high school, K-to-12 senior high school, and tertiary, is 17.02 percent of its P12.28-billion .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Search on for outstanding women of Iloilo City 2015 : ILOILO CITY, Feb 27 (PNA) --The Iloilo City Government under its Gender and Development (GAD) Program, together with the Committee on Women and Family Relations and the city gender and development team, is launching the search for The .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- US-based cruise ship to attract tourists : THE docking of the MS Caledonian Sky of the US-based cruise liner Zegrahm Expeditions in Davao City on Thursday is seen to boost the tourism of Davao Region. Department of Tourism (DOT)-Davao Director Roberto Alabado III told reporters at the sidelines of the Canadian .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Friday, February 27, 2015 -- CH may apply for loan even without DILG seal : THE Cebu City Government is qualified to avail itself of a P120-million loan from the Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) and a grant from the World Bank (WB) for the construction of the new Cebu City Medical Center (CCMC), an official said. This, even without .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Misamis Oriental, DTI sign pact for price control body : THE Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in Northern Mindanao and 26 local government units (LGUs) in Misamis Oriental have signed a memorandum of agreement (MOA) to protect consumers in the region. The MOA, signed in .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- DTI-Central Luzon posts notable performance in 2014 : ANGELES CITY -- The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Central Luzon reported significant accomplishments for Calendar Year 2014. These are reflected in the following areas: SME development, jobs generation, investment facilitation and .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- Road extension named after deceased village chief : LEGAZPI CITY, Feb. 27 (PNA) -- In recognition of the great contribution made by the late Jose “Oro” Lee, former barangay captain of Oro Site here, the former Ramon Santos Extension Road has been officially named Jose L. Lee Street. Legazpi City Mayor Noel .... Full Story»
|Cebu News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- APEC Summit 2015 national organizing committee inspects 5 venues in Cebu : CEBU CITY, Feb. 27 (PNA) -- Members of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit 2015 national organizing committee (NOC) have inspected five venues for the ministerial meetings in Cebu to be held some six .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Friday, February 27, 2015 -- 3,000 more households added to Maguindanao IDPs : COTABATO - An estimated 3,000 families left their homes in various villages of Maguindanao Province on Friday, adding to the swelling numbers of internally displaced persons (IDPs) feeling the armed .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- Philippines growth can top 8% – Domingo Survey ranks Phl 2nd to China in 2015
- Friday, February 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine economy could grow faster than eight percent this year if oil prices will remain low, a cabinet official said.
- Speaking at the 18th Outstanding Filipino Retailers and Shopping Centers of the Year Awards Night, Trade Secretary Gregory Domingo said that while the economy is expected to grow at about seven percent this year, it could grow at an even faster pace, if the low oil price environment would persist ........................ Full Story»
- Hollande sees Philippines as major tourist destination
- Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:19 pm
- MANILA, Philippines — French President François Hollande on Thursday said he hopes the Philippines will become among the top destinations of French tourists as the two counties expand bilateral ties in the next years.
- "The Philippines may also make a major destination for the French," Hollande said, speaking in French and simultaneously translated in a forum with business leaders from the Makati Business Club and the Philippines-France Business Council in Manila ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.