Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. firstname.lastname@example.org
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- EU to enhance trade relations with Phl : MANILA, Philippines - European Union (EU) countries are open to raise trade relationships with the Philippines through the Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) and the Philippines Customs and Tariff Act .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- Owwa bares outstanding OFW family winners : THE Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (Owwa) announced that an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) family from Zamboanga City and from Zamboanga del Norte have been adjudged as the winners in this year’s search for the Most Outstanding OFW .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- Shopping center burglarized : A shopping center was ransacked by unidentified burglars who stole assorted jewelry in Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur, on Tuesday. Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9), Office in-charge of the Public Information Office (OIC-PIO) Inspector Dalhan Samuddin said .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- Only 5% of Pantawid beneficiaries have to be shaped up, says DSWD-9 staff : KALAWIT, Zamboanga del Norte, OCT. 23, (PIA) – While many are saying that the Department of Social Welfare and Development’s (DSWD) Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) or the so-called Conditional .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- CSC awards ARTA partners : QUEZON CITY, Oct 23 (PIA) -- The Civil Service Commission (CSC) recognized its Anti-Red Tape Act (ARTA) partners, during their ARTA Testimonial Rites, dubbed “Celebrating Excellence in Public Frontline Service,” held on 22 October 2014 at the Luxent Hotel in .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- 8 flights cancelled due to aircraft situation : At least eight flights were cancelled Thursday morning due to an aircraft situation, the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) said. DOTC said in a Twitter post that the flights that were canceled include 5J-907 (Manila-Caticlan), 5J-908 (Caticlan-Manila), .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- Group seeks use of cut trees for school desks : DAGUPAN CITY, Philippines—After pledging funds to restore a Gabaldon building of the Bayambang Central School in Bayambang town in Pangasinan, an agriculture group asked the government to donate the trees cut along the Manila North Road .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- Axial pumps distributed to boost food production : Sixty axial pumps were turned over to farmers of Negros Occidental and engine sets worth P2.9 million by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations yesterday at the Negros Occidental Multi-Purpose Activity Center in Bacolod City.
The .... Full Story»
|Makati News: Thursday, October 23, 2014- Meatless but appetizing comfort food at Holiday Inn Makati : A hotel restaurant isn’t your usual go-to place when you want to enjoy a hearty, healthy and affordable meal. But in Flavors at Holiday Inn and Suites Makati, you can have just that in a cozy setting. For the entire month of October, and in line with .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- CREBA optimistic about housing growth : ILOILO CITY, Oct. 23 (PIA)—Officials of the Chamber of Real Estate and Builders’ Association (CREBA) said they are optimistic about the real estate market as they continue to push for reforms for the housing sector. “The reforms are for the sustainability and growth of .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- NEDA approves Davao’s P58B airport, seaport improvement projects : DAVAO CITY, Oct. 23 (PIA) – The National Economic and Development Authority Board has approved Davao City local government’s project proposals worth P58 billion, specifically for the improvement of the Davao International Airport or .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Thursday, October 23, 2014 - Cebuano is fastest : MIKE Lawrence Lopez of Abellana National School becomes the Batang Pinoy Visayas Qualifying Leg’s fastest man winning Cebu City’s first gold medal topping the century dash yesterday at the Kalibo Sports Complex in Aklan. Lopez and teammate Jrict Ray Talicug pulled off a 1-2 finish from .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Thursday, October 23, 2014- City gov’t adopts mobile payment for transactions : WITH the mobile money payment, any person who wants to engage in business in the city need not queue at the city hall anymore to get their business permit or the water consumers to spend much time waiting for their turn to pay their bills.
The city .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Thursday, October 23, 2014- October 24 declared a holiday in Angeles City : MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang has declared October 24 as a special non-working holiday in Angeles City, Pampanga province. According to Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr., the declaration was made in order for the city’s residents to participate in .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- Phivolcs to place sturdier markers around Mayon’s danger zone : The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology will place sturdier markers defining the danger zone around restive Mayon Volcano, after finding some of the markers may have been moved. Phivolcs also expects a team of geodetic engineers to .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- BJMP-7 urges pharmaceutical companies to donate HPN drugs to inmates : CEBU CITY, October 23 (PIA) -- Twenty inmates died mostly from cardio-pulmonary arrest in September alone in various jail facilities in Central Visayas, making the region the highest in case fatality rate among detainees nationwide. From .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Thursday, October 23, 2014 -- Top security officials to ‘face the people’ in Sulu : SULU – Top Philippine military and police officials will have their hands full when they attend a public dialogue Friday in Sulu province to answer all allegations that authorities facilitated the payments of ransom to Abu Sayyaf .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- EU to enhance trade relations with Phl
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:33 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - European Union (EU) countries are open to raise trade relationships with the Philippines through the Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) and the Philippines Customs and Tariff Act.
- If approved, there would be a full removal of tariffs on 2/3 of Philippine products that will be exported to the EU. Tariff costs would be reduced as much as 15 percent, which would help in solving the port congestion in Manila ........................ Full Story»
- Italian gov't gives P2.5B in agricultural support to Philippines
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:14 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The Italian government has given the Philippines over P2 billion in support for agricultural families in Mindanao, an official of the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) said.
- Italian Assistance to the Agrarian Reform Community Development Support Program Project Manager Pabil Marohomsalic said the P2.5 billion fund will benefit more than 53,000 families of farmers in Southern Philippines ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains