Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Adl, Agua, Alem, Am, An, Ar, At
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu
Cad, Cal, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo, Cua
Dan, Day, Don, Dul
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Mari, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Polo, Prim, Pung
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters. Take the time to read the 130 pages of: The Local Government Code of The Philippines
- It is unfortunate that the Dept of Tourism(DOT) and other governmental agencies do not promote the name of the barangay. Only the name of the municipality/city or province is mentioned.
- Even most business do not put the name of the barangay on their webpages, business cards, business letters and banners. What they seem to forget is the fact that they can't get or renew a business license without first getting a barangay clearance. Yes even companies like PLDT, BPI, SMmall or PAL. Now that is a shame.
- Even the president of the Philippines intentionally or unintentionally ignores the barangay. The Malacañang palace is located within a barangay. The barangay of Barangay 643, San Miguel, Manila. But the official address of Malacañang does not mention the name of Barangay 643, it only shows this:
Current Address shows:
- 1000 Jose P Laurel Sr, San Miguel
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
The address should be this:
- 1000 Jose P Laurel Sr, Barangay 643, San Miguel
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If you do not wish to register, you may still update your barangay via email to: email@example.com or Via Facebook by posting your updates or pictures to the OBI Facebook Page
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Peso gains, sustains 2-mth high : The peso slightly appreciated against the US dollar on Thursday, sustaining a two-month high and continuing to track regional strength .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Oct. 12, 14 holiday in Zambo : Monday, October 12 is declared a special non-working holiday in Zamboanga City in fitting celebration of the feast of Nuestra Senora La Virgen del Pilar. The declaration is pursuant to Republic Act 7350 approved on .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- 3 drown, 1 missing in Zambo del Sur : ZAMBOANGA CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) – Three students drowned, one remained missing while 16 others survived after they were swept by strong current while swimming in a waterfalls in Zamboanga del Sur. Insp. .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Thursday, October 8,, 2015 -- Task force activated to address ex-Italian priest abduction in Zambo Norte : DIPOLOG CITY, Zamboanga del Norte, Oct. 8 (PNA) – Authorities have activated Task Force Rolando and a Crisis Management Committee (CMC) to address .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- QC at 75 : Quezon City has come a long way since it was founded in 1939. As the Diamond Jubilee climaxes this month, expect public activities that pull out all the stops. First off is the Diamond Jubilee Mardi Gras on Oct. 10, 4 p.m. Organizers are .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- 18 rebel returnees receive financial aid from Palawan government : PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) -- Around 18 rebel returnees received financial assistance from the Palawan provincial government under the Local Social Integration Program .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Pangasinan holds 1st environmental summit : LINGAYEN, Pangasinan, Oct. 8 (PNA) -- Over a thousand of stakeholders gathered at the Sison Auditorium on Thursday for the First Pangasinan Environmental Summit. With the theme "Luntiang .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Negros Occidental SP approves hosting of 10th Organic Farmers’ Festival : BACOLOD CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) -- Negros Occidental will host the 10th Negros Island Organic Farmers Festival on November 25 to 29 here. The Sangguniang .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Makati promotes cleaner air :
MAKATI CITY, 8 Oct. (PIA) – The City Governmnet of Makati has partnered with the private sector and transport groups in order to lessen air pollution and carbon emissions in the city. The city hopes to promote cleaner air through .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Historians to gather in Iloilo on Oct. 22-24 : ILOILO CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) -- Nineteen historians from different higher educational institutions in the Philippines and abroad are set to present scholarly papers on local history in October 22 to 24 at .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- IT expert eyes Philippines as online game development hub : DAVAO CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) -– The Philippines could be the next online game development hub following the successful partnership between Davao City-based business process .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Private developer to start construction of Php2-B Ciudad project next year : CEBU CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) -- A private developer will start the construction of the Php2-billion Ciudad project at the Cebu provincial government-owned land in .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- City DepEd Meet now underway : CAGAYAN de Oro starts Thursday its final selection of athletes for this year’s Northern Mindanao Regional Athletic Association (NMRAA) Meet otherwise known as Palarong Pampook. A parade, .... Full Story»
| Angeles City News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Angeles police launch anti-crime drive through fun run : ANGELES CITY -- Tourism and police officials spearheaded here recently the 5th "Pulayan-Tagalan Keng Dalan" (Takbuhan-Habulan sa Daan) highlighted by the launch of a mass-based .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Albay mourns passing of Bicolano ex-senator Joker Arroyo : LEGAZPI CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) -- The Provincial Government and the people of Albay grieve the demise of their beloved Bicolano senator, congressman, human rights activist and former executive .... Full Story»
|Cebu News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- Metro Cebu’s air quality remain ‘fair’ to ‘good’ - DENR 7 : CEBU CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) -- The air quality indices of Metro Cebu continues to be within a range of either ‘fair’ or ‘good', a Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) 7 statement released .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Thursday, October 8, 2015 -- ARMM highlights biggest, latest breakthroughs in various fields as it celebrates S&T week : COTABATO CITY, Oct. 8 (PNA) -- The biggest and latest breakthroughs in various fields have been highlighted as .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- Peso gains, sustains 2-mth high
- Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:19 pm
- The peso slightly appreciated against the US dollar on Thursday, sustaining a two-month high and continuing to track regional strength.
- The currency gained 3 centavos to close at P46.11 to $1 from P46.14 on Wednesday. Thursday’s close marked the peso’s strongest level since August 11’s P45.93 ........ Full Story»
- PSEi climbs to 7,100 level
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:07 pm
- THE LOCAL stock barometer ascended to the 7,100 level on Wednesday, riding on buoyant regional markets.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index added 53.31 points or 0.76 percent to close at 7,108.80, rising for the third straight session ........ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.