Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Adl, Agua, Alem, Am, An, Ar, At
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu
Cad, Cal, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo, Cua
Dan, Day, Don, Dul
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Mari, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Polo, Prim, Pung
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If you do not wish to register, you may still update your barangay via email to: email@example.com or Via Facebook by posting your updates or pictures to the OBI Facebook Page
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Bourse closes higher on bargain hunting : MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) - The Philippine stock market closed at a new high today on bargain hunting .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Zamboanga City readies for Earth Hour 2015 observance : ZAMBOANGA CITY, March 26 (PNA) – Mayor Ma. Isabelle Climaco-Salazar has issued an executive order calling on the residents and the Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative (Zamcelco) to support this year’s observance of .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News:Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- BIR to buy gensets for Revenue Region No. 15 offices : ZAMBOANGA CITY, March 26 (PNA) -– The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) is set to purchase four power generators worth PHP4.4 million to enable the agency to continuously serve its clientele despite the rotational brownouts besetting .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- 2 drug pushers fall in Dapitan : GOVERNMENT agents in Dapitan City arrested two men on suspicion of being drug traffickers and seized P15,000 worth of shabu from them, police reported Thursday. Arrested by a team from the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) and the police were .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- CHED and elite partner universities in the US launch PCARI Project : MANILA, March 26 (PNA) -- The Commission on Higher Education (CHED), together with two leading universities in the United States, led the launching on Thursday of the Philippine-California Advanced Research Institutes .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Go fishing : GOING BEYOND the limestone cliffs and the limpid blue waters of Bacuit Bay, Palawan, El Nido Resorts is now also offering unique experiences with local fishermen as another vacation high point. The collection of resorts named after the islands that host them -- Miniloc, Lagen and .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- DILG holds ‘Operation Listo’ workshop for Pangasinan LGUs : LINGAYEN, Pangasinan, Mar 26 (PIA) – Disaster councils in every local government unit will now implement their emergency plans based on typhoon tracks on top of storm signal forecasts. The Department of Interior and Local Government .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Mechanical Engineers go mangrove planting : NEGROS OCC., March 26 (PIA6)-- The Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers-Negros Occ. Chapter recently held an ‘Adopt-A-Mangrove and Mangrove Plantation Project’ participated in by the Officers and members of the society and the Junior .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- PRC signs MOA with MMC and MMCF : MANILA, March 26 (PNA) -- The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) signed on Thursday with the Makati Medical Center (MMC) and the Makati Medical Center Foundation (MMCF) a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) aiming to facilitate the deployment of PRC Emergency .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Iloilo City joins Earth Hour : ILOILO CITY, March 26 (PNA) -- Mayor Jed Patrick E. Mabilog is enjoining all city residents to celebrate Earth Hour 2015 with people around the world switching off their lights on March 28 from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. “We are taking part in this global campaign to send .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Nat'l football coaching course opens in Davao : DAVAO CITY, March 26 (PNA) – The Davao Football Association (DFA) is hosting a National Coaching Certificate Course from March 25 to 29 at the Ateneo de Davao University Matina campus, this city. The instructors include coaches Albert .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Cebuano entrepreneur ventures into real estate : CEBU CITY, March 26 (PNA) -- Entrepreneur Ferdinand Tio, the owner of Sun Gold Home and Furnishings, is venturing into the thriving real estate industry with his new venture, SunKai Land. Tio, who holds a majority share of SunKai Land, is eyeing at .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Northern Mindanao gender advocates encourage women to be decision-makers : CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, March 26 (PIA) -- With the theme, “Juana, ang Desisyon Mo ay Mahalaga sa Kinabukasan ng Bawat Isa, Ikaw Na!” the Gender Advocates in region 10 (GA-10) celebrates the Women's Month by .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Pamintuan to Angeleños: Participate in Earth Hour : ANGELES CITY -- Mayor Edgardo Pamintuan has called on all Angeleños to actively participate in the annual Earth Hour on Saturday, March 28, by turning-off their lights from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. "Let us use our power to 'change climate .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- 200 CARP beneficiaries in Albay attend DTI livelihood training : LEGAZPI CITY, March 26 (PNA) -- About 200 Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) beneficiaries from different Agrarian Reform Communities in Albay are participating in the livelihood training conducted by the Department of .... Full Story»
|Cebu News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Lenten promotions : CITY hotels are now offering discounted “stay-cation” packages, as they expect low occupancy during the Holy Week. Resorts, meanwhile, are bracing for the influx of local and foreign guests who will stay at their facilities for the long holiday. “As usual Holy Week is low season for .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Thursday, March 26, 2015 -- Hataman allocates PHP8M to Basilan National High School : ISABELA CITY, Basilan, March 26 (PNA) -– The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) is allocating PHP8 million for the construction of a new auditorium at the Basilan National High .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- Bourse closes higher on bargain hunting
- Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) - The Philippine stock market closed at a new high today on bargain hunting.
- The local barometer Philippine Stock Exchange index rose by 0. 44 percent or 34.76 points to 7,871.10, while the broader all- share climbed by 0.30 percent or 13.64 points to 4,546.20 ........................ Full Story»
- ADB says Phl growth to stay above 6%
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has maintained a cautious growth outlook for the Philippines at 6.4 percent this year and 6.3 percent in 2016.
- ADB country director for the Philippines Richard Bolt said the 2016 outlook is slightly lower than this year due to external uncertainties such as the economies of Japan and the US ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.