Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Adl, Agua, Alem, Am, An, Ar, At
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu
Cad, Cal, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo, Cua
Dan, Day, Don, Dul
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Mari, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Polo, Prim, Pung
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters. Take the time to read the 130 pages of: The Local Government Code of The Philippines
- It is unfortunate that the Dept of Tourism(DOT) and other governmental agencies do not promote the name of the barangay. Only the name of the municipality/city or province is mentioned.
- Even most business do not put the name of the barangay on their webpages, business cards, business letters and banners. What they seem to forget is the fact that they can't get or renew a business license without first getting a barangay clearance. Yes even companies like PLDT, BPI, SMmall or PAL. Now that is a shame.
- Even the president of the Philippines intentionally or unintentionally ignores the barangay. The Malacañang palace is located within a barangay. The barangay of Barangay 643, San Miguel, Manila. But the official address of Malacañang does not mention the name of Barangay 643, it only shows this:
Current Address shows:
- 1000 Jose P Laurel Sr, San Miguel
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
The address should be this:
- 1000 Jose P Laurel Sr, Barangay 643, San Miguel
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If you do not wish to register, you may still update your barangay via email to: email@example.com or Via Facebook by posting your updates or pictures to the OBI Facebook Page
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- PSEi lifted by gaming stocks : THE LOCAL stock barometer eked out a modest gain on Wednesday, aided by a strong rebound by gaming stocks as transit visa rules for mainland Chinese were relaxed .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- ZCWD, DBP sign MOA on ATM bills paytment : The Zamboanga City Water District and the Development Bank of the Philippines signed on Tuesday a Memorandum of Agreement for an ATM Bills Payment Facility. The MOA signed was held at the ZCWD Board Room. DBP, .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- Zamsureco-1 to enjoy zero brownout : THE Zamboanga del Sur Electric Cooperative-1 (Zamsureco-1) announced that its thousands of members-consumers are set to enjoy zero brownout starting July this year. This was announced by Zamsureco-1 information officer .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- DSWD bares 226 development projects to rise in poorest towns in region 9 : ZAMBOANGA CITY, July 1 (PIA) – Two hundred twenty six development projects chosen to be implemented by trained community residents in the poorest municipalities in the region are expected .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- QC gov’t to return P4M collected garbage fees : The Quezon city local government will comply with the Supreme Court decision ordering them to refund the garbage fees they collected based on an “unconstitutional and illegal” ordinance enacted in 2013. On Tuesday, the Supreme .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- China rushing reclamation of Subi, Fiery Cross reefs due to oil and gas-rich Reed Bank -- WESCOM chief : MANILA, Philippines - Tourist arrivals in Palawan are expected to increase with the newly renovated Puerto Princesa International Airport in Palawan, an official said yesterday. “The .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- Region 1's First Negosyo Center opens in Alaminos City : ALAMINOS CITY, July 31 (PNA) -- The development of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in Alaminos City and in the neighboring towns was boosted with the opening of the first Region 1 Negosyo .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- Negros Occidental tourism industry formulates workforce business plan : BACOLOD CITY, July 1 (PNA) – Stakeholders of the tourism industry in Negros Occidental are formulating the Provincial Business Plan for Tourism Workforce Development in the two-day workshop .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- Makati power struggle creates uncertainty, instability–MBC : The Makati Business Club (MBC) warned on Wednesday that the ongoing power struggle at the Makati City Hall had created “an environment of uncertainty and instability in the country’s financial center.” In a statement, .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- DENR-DPWH Roadside tree planting, answer to tree-cutting : ILOILO CITY, July 1 (PIA6) - - The regional offices of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) and the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH in Western Visayas have agreed to further enhance .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- 7,000 visitors in Wofex :
SOME 7,000 visitors were recorded during the three-day World Food Expo (Wofex) Mindanao 2015 held on June 25 to 27, 2015 at the SMX Convention Center Davao, SM Lanang Premier. Joel Pascual, president of Premier Events Plus Group Inc. (PEPGroup), in .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- Cebu City’s proposed PHP250M first supplemental budget to cover 5,000 workers’ bonus : CEBU CITY, July 1 (PNA) -- The Cebu City government’s proposed PHP250-million first supplemental budget (SB1) for this year will cover the productivity bonus for the city’s 5,000 employees. Cebu .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- 48,800 senior citizens in Northern Mindanao to receive pensions : CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, July 1 (PNA) -- More than 48,800 senior citizens in Northern Mindanao will receive a quarterly pension of PHP1,500 pension, the Department of Social Welfare and Development .... Full Story»
| Angeles City News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- BI: Good guys in, bad guys out : ANGELES CITY -- Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Siegfred Mison assured Wednesday that the agency is doing its best to rid the country of undesirable aliens. Mison issued the statement during the launching of the bureau’s nationwide .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- Ethnic Philippine music, dance group to perform in Albay : LEGAZPI CITY, July 1 (PNA) – The orchestra “Kontemporaryong Gamelan Pilipino” (Kontra-GaPi) Ethnic Music and Dance Ensemble will bring to Albay and to local music enthusiasts awareness and skills training in .... Full Story»
|Cebu News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- Tourism, real estate can go hand in hand : CEBU CITY, July 1 (PNA) -- Organizers of the Asia Pacific Economic Conference (APEC) Summit later this year Tuesday met with officials of the cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu and the Cebu provincial government to discuss the various .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 -- Bud Bongao council to develop municipal tourism management : ZAMBOANGA CITY, July 1 (PNA) -– The municipal government of Bongao is eyeing the establishment of eco-tourism office that would manage the Bud Bongao Conservation Area. Bongao .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- PSEi lifted by gaming stocks
- Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:53 pm
- THE LOCAL stock barometer eked out a modest gain on Wednesday, aided by a strong rebound by gaming stocks as transit visa rules for mainland Chinese were relaxed.
- As regional markets digested the much-anticipated default by Greece on its $1.7-billion debt with the International Monetary Fund, the Philippine Stock Exchange index gained 10.65 points or 0.14 percent to close at 7,575.15 ........ Full Story»
- PH strengthens ties with Mercosur
- Tuesday, June 30, 2015
- Local businessmen are tapping non-traditional markets like those belonging to the Mercosur, a free-trade bloc of Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela, as its entry point to the Asean.
- In his speech at a forum on Doing Business With Mercosur Region yesterday, Alfredo Yao, president of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) while Mercusor is targeting Asean as a whole, the group could benefit from strengthened trade ties with the Philippines ........ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.