Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Adl, Agua, Alem, Am, An, Ar, At
Bag, Ban, Bar, Bas, Be, Bi, Bo, Bu
Cad, Cal, Cam, Car, Coa, Cogo, Cua
Dan, Day, Don, Dul
Kam, Kay, Kia
Mal, Mari, Mat, Mina
Pala,Pang, Pian, Poblacion, Poblacion O,
Polo, Prim, Pung
Res, Rizal, Rizd
Sal, Sam, San, San F, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Se, Si, So, Su
Taga, Tika, Tua, Tung
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters. Take the time to read the 130 pages of: The Local Government Code of The Philippines
- It is unfortunate that the Dept of Tourism(DOT) and other governmental agencies do not promote the name of the barangay. Only the name of the municipality/city or province is mentioned.
- Even most business do not put the name of the barangay on their webpages, business cards, business letters and banners. What they seem to forget is the fact that they can't get or renew a business license without first getting a barangay clearance. Yes even companies like PLDT, BPI, SMmall or PAL. Now that is a shame.
- Even the president of the Philippines intentionally or unintentionally ignores the barangay. The Malacañang palace is located within a barangay. The barangay of Barangay 643, San Miguel, Manila. But the official address of Malacañang does not mention the name of Barangay 643, it only shows this:
Current Address shows:
- 1000 Jose P Laurel Sr, San Miguel
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
The address should be this:
- 1000 Jose P Laurel Sr, Barangay 643, San Miguel
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If you do not wish to register, you may still update your barangay via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Via Facebook by posting your updates or pictures to the OBI Facebook Page
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- More Italian businesses seek opportunities in Philippines : MANILA, Philippines - The Italian Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines (ICCP) says foreign appetite for investment in the Philippines continues to be strong as more Italian firms are eager to have their slice of the pie .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Mayor thankful for President Aquino’s concern to Zambo City : ZAMBOANGA CITY, July 27 (PNA) – Mayor Ma. Isabelle Climaco-Salazar on Monday expressed her heartfelt gratitude to President Benigno Simeon Aquino III for his concern to this .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- POPCOM-9 bares risk behavior of youth in ZamPen : ZAMBOANGA CITY, July 27 (PIA) – The Commission on Population (POPCOM)-9 has recently released the result of the 2013 Young Adult Fertility and Sexuality Study 4 (YAFS 4) that particularly .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Gov’t. agencies bring services to remote town : LA LIBERTAD, Zamboanga del Norte, July 27 (PIA) – About 15 government agencies participated in the Information Caravan for poverty reduction spearheaded by the Mindanao Communicators’ .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Monday, July 27, 2015 -- President Aquino cites PNP's anti-crime campaign, modernization : MANILA, July 27 (PNA) -- President Benigno S. Aquino III, in his sixth State-of-the-Nation Address (SONA) at the Batasang Pambansa Complex in Quezon City Monday afternoon, .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Red Emperor Receives Palawan Basin Farm-In Approval : Red Emperor Resources NL’s working interest in Block SC55 in the Palawan Basin was approved by the Philippines’ department of energy, the company said July 24. Red Emperor has a 15% farm-in interest in .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Pangasinan amasses 18 gold, 25 silver, 35 bronze medals in Batang Pinoy-Luzon League : LINGAYEN, Pangasinan, July 27 (PNA)--Pangasinan harvested 18 gold, 25 silver and 35 bronze medals in the week-long Batang Pinoy Luzon leg held July 17 to 22 in .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Negros progress cited as PNoy set for SONA : Negros Occidental and Bacolod officials yesterday said they expect President Benigno Aquino III to report on the surge in the nation's economic growth in his State of the Nation Address today, and cited .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Megaworld eyes Php2.1-B in sales from new Makati residential tower : MANILA, July 27 (PNA) -- Property developer Megaworld Corp. expects to generate Php2.1 billion from the sale of its 40-storey residential tower in Makati City's financial district. It launched San .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- DSWD-6, other NGAs hold access audit : ILOILO CITY, July 27 (PNA) -- The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD),together with partner agencies, and the inter-agency Regional Council on Disability Affairs (RCDA) as well as organizations of .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- OFWs, families join Davao Food Revolution : THE Mindanao Migrants Center for Empowering Actions Inc. (MMCEAI) takes part in the implementation of the Davao Food Revolution, a program of Mindanao Commission on Women (MCWs) Mothers for Peace .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Monday, July 27, 2015 -- City Council defers ‘tax holiday’ measure : CEBU, Philippines- The Cebu City Council has deferred the approval of a proposed ordinance seeking to grant condonation of interest on unpaid real property taxes to encourage taxpayers to pay. Vice Mayor Edgardo Labella asked for .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Symbolic ‘100 million babies’ celebrate birthdays : CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, July 27 (PNA) – Seven babies known as the “100 million babies” in Northern Mindanao celebrated their first birthday anniversary on Monday, the Population Commission .... Full Story»
| Angeles City News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- PLDT implements P1.3-B project in Clark : CLARK FREEPORT -- The Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) is currently undertaking a P1.3-billion data backup project to maintain seamless connectivity in the event of a major disaster. Lito , .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- PNP-Bicol in full alert status in entire region for PNoy's SONA : LEGAZPI CITY, July 27 (PNA) -- Chief Supt. Victor P. Deona, Philippine National Police-Bicol regional director, has placed his men in the entire region in full alert status to ensure peace and security during .... Full Story»
|Cebu News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Central Visayas gets P15.1B in investments : INVESTMENT pledges in Central Visayas reached P15.1 billion for the first half of 2015, data from the Board of Investments (BOI) Cebu showed.
The figure represents a 250 percent increase from last year’s records during .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Monday, July 27, 2015 -- Hataman: "State of ARMM mirrors Aquino's success in governance" : COTABATO CITY, July 27 (PNA) -- The successful reforms and application of good governance in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) is .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- More Italian businesses seek opportunities in Philippines
- Monday, July 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Italian Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines (ICCP) says foreign appetite for investment in the Philippines continues to be strong as more Italian firms are eager to have their slice of the pie.
- ICCP president Sergio Boero told The STAR a growing number of Italian firms – most of which were previously venturing into countries like Hong Kong, Singapore and China – have shifted their attention and are exploring business opportunities in the Philippines ........ Full Story»
- Philippines among key growth areas in Asia for AXA
- Sunday, July 26, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines remains among the key growth countries in Asia for French insurance giant AXA Group, its top official said.
- AXA Group chairman and chief executive officer Henri de Castries told reporters its success in the Philippines reflects its expansive drive in Asia ........ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.