Welcome to Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines
Every Barangay is linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
|Interactive Google Map of The Philippines
|This extraordinary photograph published in the 2008 book "Thinkers of the Jungle: The Orangutan Report" by Schuster, Smits, and Ullal shows the first recorded instance of an orangutan attempting to use tools to hunt.
Featured Philippine News
- PH stock index continues gain in second straight session
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:03 pm
- MANILA, Philippines—Philippine stocks ended in the green for a second straight session, bringing it closer to the index’s previous all-time high on May 15, but some analysts remained unconvinced that this was the start of a new uptrend.
- The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) climbed 0.78 percent to 7,385.07 on Wednesday’s close while the broader all-shares index rose 0.61 percent to P4,534.20. The PSEi hit a new record high last week when it breached 7,400. .........Full Story
- PH-Germany social security accord eyed
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Berlin -- The Philippines and Germany are eyeing a bilateral social security agreement next year that seeks to benefit at least 60,000 Filipinos working in the European Union-member country.
- Philippine Ambassador to Germany Maria Cleofe Natividad said both parties have expressed interest to work towards the signing of bilateral social security agreement..........Full Story
Featured Sport Event in the Philippines
- Pinoy rowers bag 2 SEA rowing golds, finish third
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines collared two gold medals and one silver to finish third overall behind Vietnam (5-4-1) and Indonesia (3-4-3) in the Southeast Asian Rowing Championships in Selangor, Malaysia over the weekend.
- Reigning SEAG champion Nestor Cordova stamped his class in the men’s single sculls while SEAG bronze medalists Edgar Ilas and Benjie Tolentino reigned in the lightweight men’s double sculls to lead the Phl harvest. Roque Abala and Alvin Amposta settled for the silver in lightweight men’s pair..........Full Story »
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
- Legislative--bicameral (two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions: (as of 2012)
This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases: 1. the pre-Spanish period (before 1521); 2. the Spanish period (1521-1898); 3. the Filipino Revolution period; 4. the American period (1898-1946); 5. the Japanese occupation period; 6. the Philippine Independence and 7. the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
One of the Featured Cities in the Philippines
Signing of the
Zamboanga City Charter
Octorber 12, 1936
- Founded 13th and 14th Centuries
- Established June 23, 1635:
- June 23, 1635 should be symbolically known as “Dia del Chavacano de Zamboanga.” Why you might ask? This was the day that a permanent foothold was laid on Zamboanga by the Spanish government with the construction of the San José Fort, and the subsequent evolution and proliferation of a unique dialect/language based on ancient Creole Spanish that is called Chavacano de Zamboanga.
"Soon, the construction of one of the finest and most important Spanish forts in the East was put into effect. Upon careful choice of locating the fort at the southern-most tip of the peninsula for its military vantage point of the main water routes that converges in what's called today the Basilan Straights, the foundation of the grand fortress of Fuerza de San José was laid by Father Melchor de Vera, a Jesuit priest and engineer of the Spanish army, on June 23, 1635, establishing a permanent Spanish presence here brick-by-brick.2 Zamboanga City, as we know it today, was thus born."
One of the Featured Province in the Philippines
- Every barangay in each Municipality and City in the province of Pangasinan has a Z-Wiki Interactive Webpage of its own.
- The province of Pangasinan is within Region I - Ilocos Region
- Pangasinan has 44 Municipalities, 4 Cities, and 1,364 Barangays
- Lingayen is the capital of Pangasinan
- Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census)= 2,645,395
- Registered voters per COMELEC as of 2010= 1,330,027
- Read More
One of the Featured Municipalities in the Philippines
- Sindangan, Zamboanga Del Norte
- Telephone Numbers: +63 (65) 224-2053, +63 (65) 224-2054
- Fax Number +63 (65) 224-2255
- Sindangan is a coastal town with about 87,720 residents. Over the years, the development of basic infrastructuresand services has been instrumental in its continued transformation from a backwater town to a flourishing municipality.
One of the Featured Barangay in the Philippines
The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- As of April 12, 2012 according to the NSCB (National Statistical Coordination Board), there are 42,027 Barangays in the Philippines.
- They are listed here in Alphabetical Order. Each barangay has its own webpage.
- If you do not know the name of the barangay, just click on the Municipality or City that it is in, you will find the list of barangays in the specified city or municipality you are looking for.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- We recently created Photo Galleries for the Barangays, Municipalities, Cities and Provinces. Every picture uploaded may now be categorized for their specific community. Here is an example: The Photo Gallery of barangay Poblacion in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with informaton updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
News Around the Philippines
|Philippine News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 : PH stock index continues gain in second straight session : MANILA, Philippines—Philippine stocks ended in the green for a second straight session, bringing it closer to the index’s previous all-time high on May 15, but some analysts remained unconvinced that this was the start of a new uptrend....Full Story»
|Zamboanga City News : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- NFA to ship 280,000 bags of rice to Zambo City : ZAMBOANGA CITY, May 22 (PNA) –- The National Food Authority (NFA) is shipping at least 280,000 bags of imported rice to augment the basic staple food’s stocks of this city and ....Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- Zamsureco-I conducts ‘Brigada Electric Check 2013’ : PAGADIAN CITY, Zamboanga del Sur, May 22 (PNA) -- The Zamboanga del Sur Electric Cooperative-I (Zamsureco-I) has launched a two-day “Brigada Electric Check 2013” to prevent ....Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- Probationers, parolees join Brigada Eskwela in Roxas : DIPOLOG CITY – Thirty four probationers, parolees and volunteers from five municipalities of Zamboanga del Norte have participated in the “Brigada Eskwela” at Roxas Central School in
|Palawan News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 300 blue naped parrots, talking mynah fledglings confiscated in Palawan : PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, May 22 (PNA) -- Around 300 heads of blue naped parrot and talking mynah fledglings were confiscated by environment authorities in the southern Palawan municipality of ....Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- Pangasinan backyard farmers to benefit from 2-day expo cum fiesta : LINGAYEN, Pangasinan, May 22 (PNA) -- Local backyard farmers will be given the benefits of modern technology and innovative ideas with the holding of a grand two-day ..... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- SP approves Negros Occidental’s P2B budget for 2013 : BACOLOD CITY, May 22 (PNA) -- The Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) of Negros Occidental has finally approved on Wednesday the province’s P2-billion budget for this year. The SP approved ....Full Story»
|Makati News:Monday, May 20, 2013- Nancy Binay denies supplying Makati's cakes :MANILA – Senator-elect Nancy Binay on Monday denied that she is supplying the cakes given by the Makati City government to the city's senior citizens during birthdays and golden wedding anniversaries....Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- "Fiestas in the City" depict colorful festivals in Western Visayas : ILOILO CITY, May 22 (PIA) -- The parade of festival sagala and fiesta queens will highlight the celebration of “Fiestas in the City”, a week-long event showcasing ....Full Story»
|Davao City News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- DSWD 11 presents results of child protection rapid assessment : DAVAO CITY, May 22 (PNA) -- Taking the lead of the Child Protection Working Group (CPWG), the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) here has recently .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News:Tuesday, May 21, 2013- More Cebuano voters cast votes last week: MORE voters cast their votes last May 13 in Cebu Province than on May 10, 2010, according to the Commission on Elections (Comelec). An increase in voter turnout was also observed in the cities of Cebu and Mandaue....Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News:Monday, May 20, 2013- Navy Chief visits wounded marinesCAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The flag-officer-in-command of the Philippine Navy (PN) visited the largest infantry division in Mindanao over the weekend and pinned medals to wounded marine soldiers in Camp Edilberto Evangelista, Cagayan de Oro City....Full Story»
|Angeles City News:Monday, May 20, 2013-Hotels and Resorts in Clark Pampanga offering good outdoor facilities:Manila residents as well as tourists arriving in the Philippines from major cities around Asia seem to look for the same thing: a chance to relax and unwind....Full Story»
|Albay News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- Russian mountaineer found on Mayon volcano : LEGAZPI CITY, Albay—Search-and-rescue teams have found a European mountaineer who had called for help after getting lost and breaking a leg while on a solo climb on Mayon Volcano without ....Full Story»
| Cebu News: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 -- Cebu expansion : CEBU’S robust construction industry has prompted an equipment supplier company to expand their base in Cebu and open a much bigger facility in Consolacion, Cebu.In an interview last week, RMD ....Full Story»