Welcome to Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines
Every Barangay is linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
|Interactive Google Map of The Philippines
|This extraordinary photograph published in the 2008 book "Thinkers of the Jungle: The Orangutan Report" by Schuster, Smits, and Ullal shows the first recorded instance of an orangutan attempting to use tools to hunt.
Featured Philippine News
- Gov’t works on branding for Phl food products
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The government plans to launch this year a branding for Philippine food products for export, as it seeks to actively promote local goods overseas, a trade official said.
- “We want to create a Philippine brand (to be used) for packaging (of products) this year,” Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM) executive director Rosario Virginia Gaetos told reporters at the sidelines of the 9th International Food Exhibition Philippines..........Full Story
- Public ownership of stocks rises
- Friday, May 17, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Public ownership of companies listed in the local bourse is increasing, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) said.
- In a recent study, the operator of the country’s only stock exchange said the free float level hit 33.4 percent as of end-March..........Full Story
Featured Sport Event in the Philippines
- Phl-Smart jins bag 12 golds, 28 other medals in ASEAN meet
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines-Smart taekwondo team romped off with a haul of 12 gold, 14 silver and 14 bronze medals in the recent 11th ASEAN champions (ATF) tournament in Nay Pyl Taw, Myanmar.
- Many-time internationalist Kirstie Elaine Alora and Anjelay Pelaez showed the way with a gold each in the senior women’s kyorugi (free sparring) competition..........Full Story »
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
- Legislative--bicameral (two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions: (as of 2012)
This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases: 1. the pre-Spanish period (before 1521); 2. the Spanish period (1521-1898); 3. the Filipino Revolution period; 4. the American period (1898-1946); 5. the Japanese occupation period; 6. the Philippine Independence and 7. the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
One of the Featured Cities in the Philippines
Signing of the
Zamboanga City Charter
Octorber 12, 1936
- Founded 13th and 14th Centuries
- Established June 23, 1635:
- June 23, 1635 should be symbolically known as “Dia del Chavacano de Zamboanga.” Why you might ask? This was the day that a permanent foothold was laid on Zamboanga by the Spanish government with the construction of the San José Fort, and the subsequent evolution and proliferation of a unique dialect/language based on ancient Creole Spanish that is called Chavacano de Zamboanga.
"Soon, the construction of one of the finest and most important Spanish forts in the East was put into effect. Upon careful choice of locating the fort at the southern-most tip of the peninsula for its military vantage point of the main water routes that converges in what's called today the Basilan Straights, the foundation of the grand fortress of Fuerza de San José was laid by Father Melchor de Vera, a Jesuit priest and engineer of the Spanish army, on June 23, 1635, establishing a permanent Spanish presence here brick-by-brick.2 Zamboanga City, as we know it today, was thus born."
One of the Featured Province in the Philippines
- Every barangay in each Municipality and City in the province of Pangasinan has a Z-Wiki Interactive Webpage of its own.
- The province of Pangasinan is within Region I - Ilocos Region
- Pangasinan has 44 Municipalities, 4 Cities, and 1,364 Barangays
- Lingayen is the capital of Pangasinan
- Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census)= 2,645,395
- Registered voters per COMELEC as of 2010= 1,330,027
- Read More
One of the Featured Municipalities in the Philippines
- Sindangan, Zamboanga Del Norte
- Telephone Numbers: +63 (65) 224-2053, +63 (65) 224-2054
- Fax Number +63 (65) 224-2255
- Sindangan is a coastal town with about 87,720 residents. Over the years, the development of basic infrastructuresand services has been instrumental in its continued transformation from a backwater town to a flourishing municipality.
One of the Featured Barangay in the Philippines
The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- As of April 12, 2012 according to the NSCB (National Statistical Coordination Board), there are 42,027 Barangays in the Philippines.
- They are listed here in Alphabetical Order. Each barangay has its own webpage.
- If you do not know the name of the barangay, just click on the Municipality or City that it is in, you will find the list of barangays in the specified city or municipality you are looking for.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- We recently created Photo Galleries for the Barangays, Municipalities, Cities and Provinces. Every picture uploaded may now be categorized for their specific community. Here is an example: The Photo Gallery of barangay Poblacion in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with informaton updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
News Around the Philippines
|Philippine News: Saturday, May 18, 2013 : Gov’t works on branding for Phl food products : MANILA, Philippines - The government plans to launch this year a branding for Philippine food products for export, as it seeks to actively promote local goods overseas, a trade official said....Full Story»
|Zamboanga City News : Saturday, May 18, 2013 -- NCC sets roadshow to boost local competitiveness : ZAMBOANGA CITY, May 18 (PNA) -– The National Competitiveness Council (NCC) in coordination with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) is conducting NCC Roadshow billed ....Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Saturday, May 18, 2013 -- All set for Brigada Eskwela 2013 in Zamboanga del Sur : PAGADIAN CITY, Zamboanga del Sur, May 18 (PNA) -- Preparations by the Department of Education (DepEd) are all in place for the conduct of this year’s “Brigada Eskwela” aimed to .....Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Friday, May 17, 2013 -- Bomb explodes inside campus in Salug town : ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines - A blast rocked the sleepy town of Salug when an improvised bomb exploded inside a campus Thursday in Zamboanga del Norte, the ......Full Story»
|Palawan News: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 2 vessels harass Palawan mayor, 200 others at sea : PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, Philippines – The mayor of Kalayaan town in Palawan, along with around 200 people, were harassed by two unidentified vessels while they were ....Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Saturday, May 18, 2013 -- Poultry, livestock expo set in Pangasinan May 23-24 : LINGAYEN, Pangasinan, May 18 (PNA) -- The country's biggest poultry and livestock expo and goat congress will unfold in Pangasinan from May 23 to 24 with the convergence of .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Saturday, May 18, 2013 -- INeg. Occ. setting standards for organic food production : PASAY CITY – Agriculture Undersecretary Bernadette Romulo Puyat last night lauded Negros Occidental for setting the benchmark for organic food production in the country. Negrense organic food has ....Full Story»
|Makati News:Saturday, May 18th, 2013- Manila Symphony Orchestra concert de-stresses Makati rush hours :What can you do to kill time when you're caught in the middle of the stressful Makati Commercial Business District (CBD) during the "rush hour" traffic? Aside from hanging out at a mall, you can visit Ayala Museum and listen to the relaxing tunes of the symphony....Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Saturday, May 18, 2013 -- 1st Pamunit Sports Fishing Festival kicks off Saturday : ILOILO CITY, May 18 (PNA)-- Anglers dunked their fishing rod in the clear blue sea of Oton for the ever first Pamunit sports fishing festival, held at Anhawan Beach Resort and ....Full Story»
|Davao City News: Saturday, May 18, 2013 -- Industry cluster investment gab set here : DEPARTMENT of Trade and Industry (DTI) in Davao Region will be hosting the 1st National Industry Cluster Investment Conference entitled "Investing in Priority Industry Cluster for .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News:Saturday, May 18th, 2013- Cebu Interclub Football Cup opens: Hiroshi FC guns for its third straight Men’s Open title as the Cebu Amateur Football Club’s (CAFC) 13th Cebu Interclub Football Cup kicks off today in two separate venues....Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News:Saturday, May 18th, 2013- Liberal Party-CDO sponsors thanksgiving massWIN or lose, all the Liberal Party (LP) candidates in Cagayan de Oro city attended the thanksgiving mass celebrated at St. Augustine Cathedral early evening Friday....Full Story»
|Angeles City News:Friday, May 17th, 2013-Kuliat Foundation to host Sabat Santacruzan:ANGELES CITY - The Kuliat Foundation Inc., together with the Center for Kapampangan Studies, is organizing the Sabat Santacruzan on May 22, to create awareness among Filipinos of its inherent religious significance and its cultural value in our nation's history....Full Story»
|Albay News: Friday, May 17, 2013 -- DAR to turn over P1.4-M muscovado sugar processing facility to farmers group in Albay : LEGAZPI CITY, May 17 (PIA) -- Life will be sweeter for Albay farmers especially for the Maysua Farmers Association (MFA) in Polangui town for being ....Full Story»
| Cebu News: Saturday, May 18, 2013 -- Pavilion of memories : IN architecture, a pavilion could have more than one meaning. One, it refers to a projecting part of a long building façade, usually emphasized by elaborate decorations or ......Full Story»