Welcome to Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines
Every Barangay in the Philippines is linked to its City/Municipality and every City/Municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region.
Nobody else in the world has this.
News Around the Philippines
|Interactive Google Map of The Philippines
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- President Aquino joins world leaders in mourning death of Nelson Mandela
- Saturday, December 7, 2013
- MANILA, Dec. 7 -- President Benigno S. Aquino III joined the world leaders in mourning the death of former South Africa President Nelson Mandela saying he was an exemplar of conscientious resistance to racism and exponent of reconciliation founded on justice.
- "On behalf of the entire Filipino people, I extend our deepest condolences to the family of Mr. Mandela, the people of South Africa, and all men and women of peace and goodwill who mourn the passing of a truly great man," the Chief Executive said in a statement issued on Friday.........Full Story»
- Philippine end-Nov forex reserves at 10-month high
- Friday, December 6, 2013 5:39 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Gross international reserves jumped to a 10-month high to $84.025 billion in November, data from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas showed.
- "The increase in reserves was due mainly to foreign exchange operations and income from investments of the BSP as well as foreign currency deposits by the Treasurer of the Philippines," the BSP said in a statement.........Full Story»
Featured Sport Event in the Philippines
- Myanmar Games unfolds Wednesday: Wushu artists open Phl SEAG mission
- Saturday, December 7, 2013 12:00 am
- NAYPYITAW – The wushu experts, missing the services of Filipino ultimate fighter Eduard Folayang, begin the war of attrition in the martial arts, now the main battleground where Filipinos hope to win majority of a projected 25-gold medal haul at the start of wushu competitions today, four days before the formal opening rites of the 27th Southeast Asian Games here.
- LJessie Aligaga, gold medalist in the 2012 Sanda (Sanshou) Wushu World Cup and silver medalist in the 2013 World Wushu Championships, guns for the gold in the 48kg category of the sanshou (combat) events. Divine Wally, silver medalist in last year’s Asian Junior Championships, fights in the distaff side in the same division of the wushu competitions at the Theikdi Indoor Stadium in the new city of Naypyitaw, main hub of the 12-day, 11-nation biennial conclave...............Full Story»
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
- Legislative--bicameral (two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions: (as of 2012)
This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases: 1. the pre-Spanish period (before 1521); 2. the Spanish period (1521-1898); 3. the Filipino Revolution period; 4. the American period (1898-1946); 5. the Japanese occupation period; 6. the Philippine Independence and 7. the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
One of the Featured Cities in the Philippines
- Puerto Princesa City is the capital city of the Philippine province of Palawan. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 222,673 people in 33,306 households. In terms of total land area it is also the largest city in the Philippines. Only Zamboanga City and Davao City come close.
Puerto Princesa City, is a tropical paradise with a bustling urban center perfect for business with leisure trips..
Puerto Princesa City lies at the mid-section of the long strip of Palawan Island province. It is approximately 306 nautical miles from Manila, 206 nautical miles to Panay Island and about 250 nautical miles to Zamboanga City. It is bounded on the north by the municipalities of San Vicente and Roxas and to the south by the municipality of Aborlan.
Total land area is 253,982 hectares stretched over 106 kilometers long with the narrowest breadth of 8.5 kilometers in Barangay Bahile.
One of the Featured Province in the Philippines
Pangasinan Provincial Capitol
One of the Featured Municipalities in the Philippines
Saint joseph the worker parish grotto
One of the Featured Barangay in the Philippines
- Sangali, Zamboanga City: During the Spanish time, Sang, a Chinese merchant decided to establish his business in one of the barrios in Zamboanga. This barrio has no name at that time and is located in the east coast. In the same place lived another businessman popularly known as Ali. The two businessmen became close friends and even treated each other as brothers. Sang had decided to put up permanently his business in the said place.
- Sang and Ali's business prospered and they were always seen together in their business ventures. Years had passed the people called them Sang-Ali. Finally the people named the place Sangali as what it is known today. Read More
The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- As of April 12, 2012 according to the NSCB (National Statistical Coordination Board), there are 42,027 Barangays in the Philippines.
- They are listed here in Alphabetical Order. Each barangay has its own webpage.
- If you do not know the name of the barangay, just click on the Municipality or City that it is in, you will find the list of barangays in the specified city or municipality you are looking for.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- We recently created Photo Galleries for the Barangays, Municipalities, Cities and Provinces. Every picture uploaded may now be categorized for their specific community. Here is an example: The Photo Gallery of barangay Tumaga, Zamboanga City.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!