Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
San I, Sc
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. email@example.com
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- Barclays keeps Phl growth forecast at 6.5% : MANILA, Philippines - The strong inflows of remittances in August should continue supporting domestic consumption, but UK-based investment bank Barclays said it still sees this year’s economic growth decelerating to 6.5 percent from 2013 levels .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- 23 brgys assess their dev’t, human security needs in 1-day session : The promotion and practice of good governance in 23 of Zamboanga City’s barangays was further concretized when their barangay officials and sectoral leaders participated in the “Needs Assessment and Baselining on Barangay .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- BIR-Western Mindanao exceeds September collection by P102.7M : ZAMBOANGA CITY (MindaNews/19 October) – The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) exceeded by P102,783,255.53 its target revenue collection goal for the month of September this year in Western Mindanao. Alert Alocilja, BIR .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- DOST distributes water filters : THE Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is distributing 200 units of ceramic water filter to poor families in Zamboanga Peninsula. DOST Regional Director Brenda Nazareth-Manzano said the target beneficiaries of the water filters are selected .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- AFP honors Army paddlers : QUEZON CITY – The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) honored the members of the Philippine Army Dragon Boat team in a simple ceremony in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City on Thursday, October 16, 2014. AFP Chief of Staff General Gregorio Pio P. Catapang, Jr. awarded a Plaque of .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- El Nido wins sustainability award : MANILA, Philippines - Ten Knots’ El Nido Resorts has received another international award, the 2014 Sustainable Hotel Award in the Sustainable Communities category, from the Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific (HICAP). The award was presented to El Nido Resorts for .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- SINAG feeds 25,000 kids on eve of World Food Day : As part of its World Food Day celebration, the Samahang Industriya ng Agrikultura (SINAG) kicked-off a series of feeding programs with close to 25,000 children and adults benefiting from its initial salvo in flood-hit areas of Bulacan and Pangasinan. SINAG’s .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- DOT funds 2015 dev’t projects in province : BACOLOD City — The Department of Tourism (DOT) has appropriated fund for several tourism developmental projects in the province in 2015, said Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA) chief operating officer Mark Lapid. Lapid was .... Full Story»
|Makati News: Sunday, October 19, 2014- Road projects lined up for Metro Manila : PRESIDENT Benigno Aquino III has approved two major infrastructure projects of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) to help ease traffic woes in Metro Manila, a Palace official said Sunday. Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- Uy Gongco Corp. kicks off World Food Day in Iloilo : MANILA - The Uygongco Foundation, Inc. (UFI) has launched a school-based feeding program in Iloilo City in celebration of the World Food Day. Hundreds of pupils in major public elementary schools in Iloilo City are beneficiaries of the program initiated by .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- BOI-Mindanao reports P2.5-B new investments : A TOTAL of seven new investments from four companies worth around P2.546 billion were registered with Board of Investments (BOI)-Mindanao Field Office from July to September this year. Based on the data released by BOI-Mindanao, there are four in Davao City and .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Sunday, October 19, 2014 - Cebu achieves Zumba record : CEBU, Philippines - The Queen City of the South broke one world record but fell short of another du-ring yesterday’s attempt to set multiple world records in one day. Two more attempts have yet to be submitted to the Guinness World Record headquarters in London for .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Sunday, October 19, 2014- Untrashing' Macajalar Bay : UST how much do we know about trash traveling from the shores to the oceans? Have we thought of the little trash we throw in the waters that if lumped together could clog our waterways? One doesn’t have to go far. Cagayan de Oro dwellers have been seeing and .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Sunday, October 19, 2014- Angeles People’s Park ‘dream come true’ : ANGELES CITY -- “It’s a dream come true. This is an accomplishment of partnership.” Thus said Auxiliary Bishop Pablo Virgilio “Ambo” David in his speech shortly before joining the Angeles City government officials and workers, businessmen, volunteers and .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Sunday, October 19,, 2014 -- Mayon’s moods play key role in tourism : LEGAZPI CITY—The other gauge of whether Mayon Volcano is erupting soon can be found in the city’s hotels. Regional tourism officials are linking the prolonged wait for the eruption with a decline in hotel occupancy rate in the city. Maria “Nini” Ravanilla, Bicol regional tourism .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- Talisay as highly urbanized city pushed : CEBU, Philippines – Is Talisay City ready to be converted into a highly urbanized city? For former mayor and now City Councilor Socrates Fernandez, who is the chairman of the Committee on Laws, Ordinances and Good Government, yes it is. "There is an urgent need for .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Sunday, October 19, 2014 -- DOH-ARMM to address iodine deficiency disorder : The Department of Health’s Regional Nutrition Committee (DOH-RNC) of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) will soon launch the Regional Bantay Asin Task Force (RBATF) to implement and monitor .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- Barclays keeps Phl growth forecast at 6.5%
- Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The strong inflows of remittances in August should continue supporting domestic consumption, but UK-based investment bank Barclays said it still sees this year’s economic growth decelerating to 6.5 percent from 2013 levels.
- “Stable and sustained growth in remittances should continue to support domestic consumption. We maintain our 2014 GDP (gross domestic product) growth forecast at 6.5 percent,” the bank said in a research note ........................ Full Story»
- Tourist arrivals hit year-high 6.27% growth in August
- Saturday, October 18, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Tourist arrivals in August rose at its fastest pace this year, helped by the government’s intensified marketing campaign and the continued development of tourism infrastructure projects nationwide.
- Data from the Department of Tourism (DOT) showed foreign visitor arrivals went up 6.27 percent in August, with Korean nationals still leading the pack ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains