Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
Cad, Cam, Coa
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. firstname.lastname@example.org
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- Phl developing integrated circuit design industry : MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines is developing the local integrated circuit (IC) design industry as it looks to position itself as a competitive digital niche in Asia .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Friday, November 21, 2014 -- P9-M road projects completed in Zambo : ZAMBOANGA CITY, Zamboanga Sibugay—The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) region 9 office has completed P9.23-million worth of projects in the past three quarters out of the P254-million infrastructure program in this highly urbanized city. District .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- Pagadian netfest lures big field : MANILA, Philippines - Action in the Palawan Pawnshop Regional age-group 2014 tennis tournament presented by Technifibre shifts to Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur with the roster already hitting the 200-player mark with more expected to sign up before .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- BFAR issues 3 months fishing ban : A three -month fishing ban on sardines and herring off the coastal waters of Zamboanga peninsula will be implemented by the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) for the fourth consecutive year. The said ban will be strongly implemented as BFAR goes .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Friday, November 21, 2014 -- 268 QC youths graduated from DOLE’s life skills training : QUEZON CITY, 21 Nov. (PIA)--Some 268 Quezon City youths recently graduated from the JobStart Life Skills Training under the DOLE’s JobStart Philippines Program. Labor & Employment Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz underscored said the importance of .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- El Nido seeking P259-M loan for sewage facility : PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, Philippines—The municipality of El Nido in Palawan has admitted dealing with a recurring problem of coliform contamination of its public beach because of the absence of a sewage treatment facility big enough for the entire town. El Nido .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- 6 jueteng workers arrested in Pangasinan : Pangasinan police arrested five suspected bookies and one collector for the popular but illegal numbers game jueteng in separate operations in the province on Thursday. Five bookies were arrested in Mangaldan town in a police operation but insisted what they were .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- OISCA officials visit Negros organic fest : Japanese dignitaries headed by Yoshiko Nakano, OISCA International president, came to Negros Occidental to witness the 9th Negros Island Organic Farmers Festival at the Provincial Capitol Grounds, yesterday. President Nakano was accompanied by .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Friday, November 21, 2014 -- Binay whistleblower leaves for US : MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – The key whistleblower in the probe into allegations of corruption against Vice President Jejomar Binay has left the country but clarified he will be back soon .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- Tourism infra projects get P1.167B : ILOILO CITY, Nov. 21 (PIA6)—The Department of Public Works and Highways and the Department of Tourism here is jointly implementing some P1.167 billion for 17 infrastructure projects in support of tourism development in the region. The projects are components of the convergence of .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- Davao Media Freedom Day celebration today : MEMBERS of the media industry in Davao City will be coming together today, November 22, at Ateneo de Davao University for the pre-empted celebration of the 5th Davao Media Freedom Day. Davao Media Freedom Day was organized and officially declared as .... Full Story»
|`Cebu City News : Friday, November 21, 2014 -- SALI KAMI / Mayor Rama appeals for Cebu's inclusion in Pope Francis' visit next year : CEBU CITY -- Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama is still appealing to the Vatican to include Cebu City in Pope Francis’ itinerary in his visit to Manila and super typhoon Yolanda-stricken areas in January next year .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- DOLE-X joins regional launching of nutrition council’s “10 Kumainments” :CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, November 21 -- The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Regional Office No. X joined the regional launching of the “10 Kumainments” of the National Nutrition Council (NNC) on November 14 at .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- Holy Angel top performing school in aeronautical engineering exam : ANGELES CITY -- The pioneer graduates of the BS Aeronautical Engineering program of Holy Angel University (HAU) scored a 100 percent passing rate in the November 2014 licensure exams for aeronautical engineers, with five of .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- EDC drops arbitration case against BacMan contractors : ENERGY Development Corp. (EDC), the geothermal company of the Lopez Group, is no longer pursuing for arbitration of its dispute with contractors it tapped to rehabilitate the Bacon-Manito (BacMan) geothermal plants in Albay. EDC said its unit BacMan .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- Code creation to position Cebu as investment hub : CEBU, Philippines - With its promising economic potential, Cebu should be considered as a good investment partner in areas such as real estate, tourism and information and communications technology, said a business leader. Cebu Chamber of Commerce and .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Friday, November 21, 2014 -- Malabang, Lanao del Sur receives P3.5M from DOLE TUPAD Project : ILIGAN CITY, November 21 - The Department of Labor and Employment- X (DOLE-X) allocated the amount of P3,500.000.00 for the implementation of Tulong Pangkabuhayan sa Disadvantaged .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- Phl developing integrated circuit design industry
- Friday, November 21, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines is developing the local integrated circuit (IC) design industry as it looks to position itself as a competitive digital niche in Asia.
- According to Trade undersecretary Adrian Cristobal Jr., the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) is working with other institutions such as the Taiwanese government, Taiwan’s National Cheng Kung University and the Philippine Institute for Integrated Circuits to develop the local IC design industry ......................... Full Story»
- Phl share prices snap 3-day climb
- Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The local benchmark index snapped yesterday a three-day climb as mixed regional sentiments pulled down share prices.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) slipped 0.08 percent or 6.17 points to close at 7,269.49 while the All Shares index fell slightly by 0.03 percent or 1.34 points to 4,274.71 ......................... Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com appreciates your donations. We also affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains