Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. email@example.com
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- PH is still Asia’s top performer in closing gender gap : MANILA, Oct. 30 -- The Philippines maintains its position as the Asia’s best performing country in closing gender disparity, according to the Global Gender Gap 2014 report of the World Economic Forum (WEF) .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- Zamboanga’s Pink Island : ZAMBOANGA CITY -- Most of the world’s best beaches, including those in the Philippines, boast of pristine white sand, and this makes the Great Santa Cruz Island in Zamboanga Pensinsula unique -- it’s got pink sand. Upon approaching the island after a less than 30-minute boat .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- Farmer killed in Zamboanga del Sur : A FARMER was beheaded by a still unidentified man while on his way home Wednesday night in a remote village in Zamboanga del Sur. Reports reaching the Philippine National Police operations center in Camp Crame named the victim as Jorge Mendoza of .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- Barangay tanod shot, hurt in Zambo Norte : A barangay tanod was shot and injured inside his house at Purok Mabuhay, Barangay Bulanit, Labangan Municipality, Zamboanga del Norte, last Monday. Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9), Officer in-charge of the Public Information Office (OIC-PIO) Inspector .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- QCPD personnel undergo bomb disposal training : THE Quezon City Police District (QCPD) conducted a one-day bomb identification and detection seminar to its personnel to enhance their knowledge in responding to bomb related threats, an official said. In the wake of the series of bomb threats in .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- Philippine tourism: Palawan is ‘Top Island in the World’ : Everything’s coming up roses for the tourism sector. The campaign “Visit Philippines Year 2015” launched by the Department of Tourism after the success of “It’s More Fun in the Philippines,” has been bolstered by the accolade “Top Island in the World” awarded to .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- Northern treasures shine in tourism, trade expo : DAGUPAN CITY, Oct. 30 (PIA) - The ‘Rimat ti Amianan’ staged at the CSI Stadia in Dagupan City from October 20-26 showcased the “best of the best” trade products, tourism sites, and services of Region 1 and the nearby provinces. Held in Dagupan City and .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- San Carlos Solar to start new 23-MW plant soon : THE JOINT VENTURE between Bronzeoak Philippines, Inc. and ThomasLloyd Cleantech Infrastructure Fund is gearing up for a $62-million expansion of its recently commissioned 22-megawatt (MW) solar facility in Negros Occidental. Don Mario Y. Dia, .... Full Story»
|Makati News:Thursday, October 30, 2014- Top Aquino execs testify in Binay Makati probe : MANILA, Philippines – Top members of the Aquino cabinet were summoned to testify on Thursday against Vice President Jejomar Binay in the Senate inquiry into the alleged overpriced Makati City Hall Building 2.... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Thursday, October 30 2014 -- Listahang Tubig' launched for better water service coverage : ILOILO CITY, Oct. 30 (PIA6)—A national survey, dubbed "Listahang Tubig” was launched through a Memorandum of Agreement signed by a tripartite team, to map out water service utilities and providers all over the country. This survey is .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- The Best of Davao : DAVAO City is indeed becoming a top destination for both local and foreign tourists, thanks to the strong tourism push by both the private and the public sector. Being so rich in agricultural resources, the city has earned the moniker as the "fruit basket of the Philippines". Recently, .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News :Thursday, October 30, 2014- ‘Only OPD is open for now’: ONLY the out-patient department of the Cebu Doctors’ University Hospital (CDUH) can accept patients following the fire that hit the medical facility Tuesday night.... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News:Thursday, October 30, 2014- Adrenalin-pumping adventure in Dahilayan:Towering pine trees with velvety green leaves. Cool breeze dabbing our skin. Mountain ridges with a vast sprawl of verdant meadows. We were not in Switzerland. These were the scenes when my friends and I visited Dahilayan in Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon.... Full Story»
|Angeles City News:Thursday, October 30, 2014- CA rules in favor of Clark project: MANILA, Philippines–The Court of Appeals has issued a writ of preliminary injunction against a dismissed contractor of the 177-hectare Global Gateway Logistics City (GGLC) in the Clark Freeport Zone, effectively allowing project owner Global Gateway Development Corp. (GGDC) to proceed with the project, including the construction of The Medical City (TMC) Clark, a world-class 150-bed hospital, by December this year.... Full Story»
|Albay News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- Albay provincial govt on half-day work on Oct. 31 : To allow its employees to prepare for Undas (All Saints' and All Souls' Days), the Albay provincial government has declared a half-day work for Friday, Oct. 31. Albay Governor Jose Salceda said this is in lieu of any proclamation by Malacañang that Oct. 31 would be .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- Talisay council OKs energy project : CEBU, Philippines – The City Council of Talisay approved the proposed memorandum of agreement between the city government and a firm for the waste-energy project in the city. In a resolution sponsored by City Councilor Antonio Bacaltos, the city council authorizes Mayor .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Thursday, October 30, 2014 -- ARMM employees await dialogue on employment status in new Bangsamoro region : COTABATO CITY, Philippines – Career service employees of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) eagerly look forward to a planned dialogue with lawmakers on .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- PH is still Asia’s top performer in closing gender gap
- Thursday, October 30, 2014
- MANILA, Oct. 30 -- The Philippines maintains its position as the Asia’s best performing country in closing gender disparity, according to the Global Gender Gap 2014 report of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Although short with just 0.02 points from last year’s standing, the country garnered 0.781 points, making us yet again the only country in Asia and the Pacific that has fully closed the gender gap in both education and health ........................ Full Story»
- Philippines moves up 13 notches in Ease of Doing Business
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:09 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines moved up by 13 notches in its ranking in the Ease of Doing Business Report 2015 released by the World Bank and International Finance Corporation on Wednesday.
- From being ranked 108th last year, the country rose to the 95th spot out of 189 economies ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains