Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. firstname.lastname@example.org
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Saturday, October 25, 2014 -- President Aquino vows to address business sector’s concerns on energy, port congestion : MANILA, Oct. 25 -- President Benigno S. Aquino III on Friday vowed to address the concerns of the business sector, especially those on power supply and port congestion, to achieve the country's goal of inclusive growth .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Friday, October 24, 2014 -- Zamboecozone: More investors are coming : ZAMBOANGA City Special Economic Zone and Freeport Authority (Zamboecozone) chairman and administrator Christopher Lawrence Arnuco said they are optimistic that more investors are pouring huge investments into the Zamboecozone. Arnuco made this .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- Zambo Sur guv declares war on illegal gambling : ZAMBOANGA del Sur Governor Antonio Cerilles has declared war against all forms of illegal gambling and ordered an intensified campaign against all kinds of numbers games in the province. Cerilles’ order came as he reconstituted last Monday .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- Labason celebrates Elderly Filipino Week : LABASON, Zamboanga del Norte, Oct. 24 (PIA) - About 700 elderly participated in the opening activity of the Elderly Week celebration on October 20, 2014, held at the Municipal Plaza, this municipality. The Elderly Week which runs from October 20-24, 2014, .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Friday, October 24, 2014 -- DepEd, UP-CFA train visual artists and practitioners : QUEZON CITY, Oct 24 -- In its mission to provide quality K to 12 learning materials, the Department of Education (DepEd), in partnership with the University of the Philippines College of Fine Arts (UP-CFA), conducted a five-day workshop for .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- US to pay PH P87M for damage to World Heritage Site : The amount represents the P58M that the Philippines asked the US and the P28M fuel and repair costs incurred by the Coast Guard. It is lower than environmentalists' estimates of P737.8M to P1.2B. MANILA, Philippines – Almost two years after an .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- 8th scientific confab set in Dagupan City : DAGUPAN CITY, October 24 (PIA) – The Philippine Society for the Study of Nature, Inc.-Northern Luzon (PSSN-NL) Chapter will hold the 8th Scientific Conference at the Lyceum-Northwestern University here from November 19-22. Dr. Irene De Vera, PSSN-NL chapter .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- DAR holds accounting seminar : A basic accounting seminar for the Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Organization was held Wednesday at the Nature Village Resort in Talisay City. Provincial Agrarian Reform Officer I Milagros Flores said the seminar was aimed at teaching the farmer-beneficiaries the basic .... Full Story»
|Makati News: Friday, October 24, 2014- City gov't to open 'Makati Friendship Suites' to public : MANILA, Philippines - The Makati City government on Friday said it would be opening the controversial "Makati Friendship Suites" in Barangay Cembo to the public. In a statement, Makati Mayor Jejomar Erwin Binay said he has approved and signed .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- Old downtown areas up in heritage conservation summit : ILOILO City is hosting the third Heritage Conservation Summit starting October 24 to 26 to discuss and exchange knowledge on revitalizing old downtown areas and best practices in heritage conservation in historic old quarters and districts in .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- Bloggers unite to promote Davao : SEVERAL bloggers based in Davao met Friday afternoon in a "Twitter party" that aims to promote Davao City through social media, touted as one of the most influential media platform today. In collaboration with Rappler.com, the event #ShareDavao was held at The White .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Friday, October 24, 2014 - 7 Pinoy restos in Cebu City perfect for family Sunday lunches : SUNDAYS were not just time for church, when I was growing up. It was also considered the de facto family day in our household. Both of my parents were working then, so it's usually the only day the entire family can be together. Decades .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Friday, October 24, 2014- Abad to stakeholders: ‘Ensure integrity of the budget’ : THE Department of Budget and Management (DBM) sees a more empowered local government owing to the bottom-up budgeting approach coupled with the spending reforms to improve efficiency in public spending; increase budget openness; and .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Friday, October 24, 2014- 1st Angeles City Arnis fest on : ANGELES CITY -- This city is holding the First Angeles City Arnis Festival Championship on October 25 until October 26 at Robinsons Place in Balibago, Angeles City. The said competition is sanctioned activity by Arnis Philippines, Inc. (ARPI) and will be administered by ARPI .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- World Vision rolls out relief operations in Albay : World Vision, a Christian humanitarian aid organization, on Friday said it has rolled out relief operations for evacuees displaced by the restive Mayon Volcano in Albay. The organization, in partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), now .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- Talisay OKs measure about blood donation : CEBU, Philippines - The Sangguniang Panlungsod of Talisay City approved an ordinance that institutionalizes a voluntary blood donation program. The Committee on Laws and Ordinances of the City Council chaired by Councilor Socrates Fernandez has already rendered .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Friday, October 24, 2014 -- ARMM joins 22nd National Children’s Month celebration : MARAWI CITY, Lanao del Sur, Oct. 24 (PIA) --- The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) joins the nation in celebrating the 22nd National Children’s Month this October, cognizant of the importance of .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- President Aquino vows to address business sector’s concerns on energy, port congestion
- Saturday, October 25, 2014
- MANILA, Oct. 25 -- President Benigno S. Aquino III on Friday vowed to address the concerns of the business sector, especially those on power supply and port congestion, to achieve the country's goal of inclusive growth.
- Speaking before hundreds of the country’s top business executives and entrepreneurs during the 40th Philippine Business Conference and Expo held at the Manila Hotel, the President thanked the business sector for coming up with resolutions that will help the government pinpoint areas that need to be improved ........................ Full Story»
- Philippines ranked as one of the 'best countries to visit in 2015'
- Friday, October 24, 2014 4:54 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines has been named as one of the "best countries to visit in 2015" by the Lonely Planet, the largest travel book guide publisher in the world.
- The countries were chosen by the travel book guide’s staff, bloggers who have been to the Philippines and in-house travel experts. They judged the countries based on the fun and excitement that each can offer to its visitors. As per the ranking, the Philippines ranks 8th worldwide ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains