Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. email@example.com
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Phl to put up own electronic development center – P-Noy : MANILA, Philippines - President Aquino revealed yesterday that the National Government, through the Department of Science and Technology, is in the process of putting up a development center and tapping the expertise of Filipinos in making products world-class .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Cops all set for 'Undas' : THE Zamboanga City Police Office (ZCPO) deployed policemen starting Friday in cemeteries to ensure the peaceful and solemn observance of “Undas” or All Saint’s and All Soul’s Day in the city. ZCPO director Angelito Casimiro said at least 700 policemen have been deployed in .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Troops complete disaster training : A TOTAL of 40 personnel from the Zamboanga del Sur-based Army’s 53rd Infantry Battalion have completed a 20-day Disaster Response Operations Training (DROT) training, an official announced. Army’s 53rd Infantry Battalion commander Lieutenant Colonel .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Pantawid Pamilya brings down poverty incidence in Kalawit town : KALAWIT, Zamboanga del Norte, Oct. 31 (PIA) – Poverty incidence in this town has gone down from 57 percent in 2010 to 47 percent in 2013 following the implementation of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps), Mayor .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Friday, October 31, 2014 -- DAR conducts seminar for DAR lawyers, adjudicators : QUEZON CITY, Oct 31 -- The Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) has conducted a seminar for DAR lawyers and adjudicators to update them with the current developments in agrarian reform laws, jurisprudence and administrative issuances for .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Lacson to lead launching of Sawali Livelihood Center in Coron : PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, Palawan, October 31 (PIA) – Presidential Adviser for Rehabilitation and Recovery Secretary Panfilo Lacson will lead the launching of the Community Sawali Livelihood Centre & Showroom on November 4 in Bgy. .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Pangasinan’s employment service office receives nat'l award anew : LINGAYEN, Pangasinan Oct. 31 (PIA) – The Provincial Employment Service Office (PESO) of Pangasinan was recognized anew by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) as the 2013 National Best PESO for the 1st Class Provincial .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Irrigation infra training held : A 5-day training on Feasibility Study and Detailed Engineering Investigation and Design for Water Resources Development Projects was held at the Sugar Workers Development Center in Bacolod City recently. The objective of the training is capability enhancement of .... Full Story»
|Makati News:Friday, October 31, 2014- Laughter from the Holy Land: The Israeli Film Festival will be held on Nov. 5 and 6 in Greenbelt 3 Cinema, Makati City. And it will then travel up north to Baguio, then to Iloilo, and down south to Davao and Zamboanga.... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Friday, October 31 2014 -- DILG highlights CSOs’ role in local governance : ILOILO CITY, October 31 (PIA) --- The role of civil society organizations (CSO) in local governance was this year’s highlight in the Development Talk (DevTalk) spearheaded by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)-6 held Tuesday at .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Mayor Duterte in South Korea for Davao city rail transit systemo : Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte is visiting South Korea to meet Korean investors for the light rail transit (LRT) system for Davao City. The mayor is spending his own money for his travel in South Korea. Duterte already tapped a Korean firm .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News :Saturday, November 1, 2014- PH, WB ink pact for BRT funding: THE Philippine Government signed a loan agreement with the World Bank for the implementation of the Cebu Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project, the Department of Finance said yesterday.... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News:Friday, October 31, 2014- Mindanao farmers readies for the ASEAN Integration:CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, October 31 (PIA) - “When you look at ASEAN and beyond, the Philippines is already well-positioned but we have to unite around the AEC game plan… the government has a role, but private sector is the key,” said Atty. Adrian S. Cristobal, Jr., Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) undersecretary in his keynote speech during the Mindanao Food Congress held in Cagayan de Oro City recently.... Full Story»
|Angeles City News:Friday, October 31, 2014- Semiconductor company braces for exciting future of industry: “There is only growth in the (semiconductor) market and we do not see it slowing down anytime soon,” said Dongjoo Kim, the company’s chief finance officer.... Full Story»
|Albay News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- Continuous seismic, volcanic activity in Mayon : THE Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) has recorded three volcanic earthquakes during the past 24 hours in the area around Mayon Volcano in Albay. The volcano, which exhibited seismic and volcanic activity earlier this year, remains at Alert Level 3, .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- House adds P20M to DA-7 budget : CEBU, Philippines - The House of Representatives has added P20 million to the proposed P1.33 billion National Expenditures Program of the Department of Agriculture-7 that was approved Wednesday evening. This was reported by Cebu second district Representative .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Friday, October 31, 2014 -- 5 Malaysian companies eye ARMM for oil palm plantation : FIVE Malaysian companies are looking at the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) where they can pour in investments for oil palm plantations. Har Man Ahmad, senior manager Malaysia .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- Phl to put up own electronic development center – P-Noy
- Friday, October 31, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - President Aquino revealed yesterday that the National Government, through the Department of Science and Technology, is in the process of putting up a development center and tapping the expertise of Filipinos in making products world-class.
- “We have also been exploring our country’s capacity to design our own products, which is behind our drive to establish the Electronics Product Development Center in Bicutan, meant to assist product designers to improve the quality of their designs,” he said ........................ http://www.philstar.com/business/2014/10/31/1386310/phl-put-own-electronic-development-center-p-noyFull Story»]
- PH is still Asia’s top performer in closing gender gap
- Thursday, October 30, 2014
- MANILA, Oct. 30 -- The Philippines maintains its position as the Asia’s best performing country in closing gender disparity, according to the Global Gender Gap 2014 report of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Although short with just 0.02 points from last year’s standing, the country garnered 0.781 points, making us yet again the only country in Asia and the Pacific that has fully closed the gender gap in both education and health ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains