Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bas, Bued
San I, Sc
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list below, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. email@example.com
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- Germany, Philippines ink trade, social security, training agreements : MANILA, Philippines - Bilateral relations between the Philippines and Germany expanded Friday as leaders forge agreements in trade, social security and technical training .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- DOLE: Four Zambo firms qualify for DOLE Secretary’s Award : ZAMBOANGA CITY, Sept. 20 (PNA) -- The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) announced that four local companies have qualified for DOLE Secretary’s Award, which will be given during the agency’s anniversary in December. DOLE .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 --
2 Marines nabbed in shabu buy-bust : Two enlisted personnel of the Philippine Marines were arrested during a buy-bust operation in Barangay San Jose District, Pagadian City last Wednesday. Nabbed were Cpl. Ryan Monterel Depuno and PFC Silvano Caindoy. They were arrested by men of .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- DOT-9 to conduct seminar on Russian topics in Dipolog City : The Department of Tourism-9 is set to conduct a training-seminar on Rusian language and culture dubbed as “Meet Russia: Russian Lifestyle, Culture and Language Seminar“ on September 26 in Dipolog City. DOT 9 Director Mary .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- Quezon City to mark 75th anniversary with parades, food festivals, and more : A home for many, Quezon City is multifaceted: it is an entertainment capital, a shopping destination, a health and wellness center, a locus of government operations—and it will be celebrating its Diamond Jubilee starting .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- 4,000 troops join PH-US war games : MANILA, Philippines—About 4,000 troops from the United States Navy and the Philippine Navy will take part in a bilateral air-ground and amphibious training in Palawan province by the end of the month. Called the Philippine Amphibious Landing Exercise (Phiblex 15), the event will .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- Japanese ballclub donates baseball gear to Pangasinan kids : The Saitama Seibu Lions Baseball Club donated 5,717 pieces of baseball equipment including bats, gloves, helmets and balls via YMCA Pangasinan, according to the Philippine Embassy in Tokyo. "With the cooperation of the Saitama .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- Training seminars held : The City of Talisay, through its City Livelihood and Development Office and the Department of Trade and Industry, conducted training seminars on candle, rug and soap-making at the Balay Palangabuhian Training Center in the Minuluan Hall in Talisay City yesterday. The training is .... Full Story»
|Makati News: Saturday, September 20, 2014- Integrity Initiative, ASEAN groups ink MOU on code of ethics :MANILA, Philippines – As Southeast Asia moves closer to a unified economic community, a private sector-led campaign in the Philippines has signed a memorandum of understanding with its neighbors to establish a uniform standard for ethical .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- Iloilo City plays host to Unigames 2014 (Sports) : ILOILO CITY, Sept 20 (PNA)- Twenty-seven universities out of 54 across the country are vying for top honors when the Philippine University Games, or Unigames 2014 unfolds on October 20-28, with this city playing host. Spearheaded by one of Western Visayas' .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- 5,000 4Ps beneficiaries to join nat'l family day : SOME 5,000 Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Davao Region will join the Pantawid Pamilya National Family Day and Convergence Caravan on September 28. Sheryll .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Saturday, September 20, 2014- City eyes funds for other projects to solve flooding : CEBU, Philippines - With only P7 million left as calamity fund, the Cebu City government is eyeing at using money for two projects for initiatives to address the perennial problem of flooding here. Vice Mayor Edgardo Labella said the money will be spent for .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 - Advocacy campaign against prostitution set : CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, September 20 -- In celebration of the International Day of No Prostitution (IDNP), the People Working Against Prostitution (PWAP), a network of academicians, government offices, non-government offices, religious groups, and .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 - Pamintuan thanks CDC for projects : CLARK FREEPORT -- Angeles City Mayor Edgardo Pamintuan has expressed his gratitude to the Clark Development Corporation (CDC) for the infrastructure projects being undertaken in the city to be completed before the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) ministerial .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- UNICEF pledges 105 tents for classroom use in Albay : LEGAZPI CITY, Sept. 20 (PNA) -- Albay Public Safety and Emergency Management Office (APSEMO) chief Cedric Daep on Saturday confirmed that the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has pledged at least 105 tents to be used as temporary .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Friday, September 20, 2014 -- Rising orders lift Phl shipbuilding industry : CEBU, Philippines - The increase in ship orders from foreign companies is seen to further boost the rising shipbuilding industry in the Philippines. Hitoshi Kono, president of Tsuneishi Heavy Industries (Cebu), Incorporated, said their company has already received around .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Saturday, September 20, 2014 -- Maguindanao MNLF men plants ‘bananas for peace’ : Hundreds of former guerrillas on Thursday reaffirmed commitment to the Mindanao peace process as they launched their 500-hectare self-sustained community Cavendish banana farm project in Datu Odin .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- Germany, Philippines ink trade, social security, training agreements
- Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:55 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Bilateral relations between the Philippines and Germany expanded Friday as leaders forge agreements in trade, social security and technical training.
- At the press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the Federal Chancellery, Aquino announced the signing of an agreement on trade cooperation between the two nations through exchange of drafts formally establishing the German-Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Manila ........................ Full Story»
- Philippines, France ink bilateral agreements to strengthen ties
- Friday, September 19, 2014
- PARIS, France, Sep 19 -- The Philippines and France further strengthened its bilateral relations with the signing of several agreements on transportation and communications, culture and education.
- In a statement delivered after his meeting with French President François Hollande, President Benigno S. Aquino III said these agreements “will facilitate meaningful dialogue and fruitful exchanges between our two countries.” ........................ Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains