Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
Cad, Cam, Coa
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. email@example.com
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Christmas: It’s really more fun in the Philippines : Even with all the modern conveniences and latest technological advances available today, tradition still plays a large role in Philippine popular culture. Aside from the everyday values being practiced in the regular Filipino household, these traditions are .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Monday, December 22, 2014 -- DTI focuses on SMEs development in Region IX (Yearender) : ZAMBOANGA CITY, Dec. 22 (PNA) -– The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has provided assistance to a total of 3,101 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) maximizing the resources of government for the development of SMEs here in .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Tabak Division joins GMA’s “Plastic ni Juan” project : LABANGAN, Zamboanga del Sur, Dec. 22 (PIA) – As a show of concern for the environment, the 1st Infantry (Tabak) Division through its 1st Civil Military Operations (CMO) battalion officially supported the eco-project now being pursued by .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- 1 Wanted for Child Abuse in Polanco, 7 Other Wanted Persons Arrested :Polanco, Zamboanga del Norte - A man implicated for two counts of violation of Article 3, section 5 of Republic Act 7610 and acts of lasciviousness was cornered by ZNPPO Provincial Intelligence Branch, Piñan and Polanco .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Monday, December 22, 2014 -- PhilCV to professionalize volunteering system in the country : QUEZON CITY, 22 Dec (PIA) – The Philippine Coalition on Volunteerism (PhilCV) rise to the challenge of raising the profile of volunteerism for development and professionalize the system of volunteering & taking care of volunteers in the country.
PhilCV was .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Agreement inked for 7MW hydropower facility in southern Palawan : PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, Dec. 22 (PNA) -- The municipal government of Narra in southern Palawan and Langogan Power Corporation (LPC) signed recently a memorandum of agreement (MOA) for the development of a 7-megawatt hydropower .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Dagupan mayor still hopeful for passage of city budget early next year : DAGUPAN CITY, Dec. 22 (PNA) -- Mayor Belen Fernandez expressed hope the Sangguniang Panlungsod (SP) will be kind enough to approve the city budget for 2015 in early January this year if it wants the delivery of basic services to .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- DSWD-6 unveils Php2.5M worth of projects in San Carlos City : BACOLOD CITY, Dec. 22 (PNA) -- Four projects worth a total of Php2.5 million were unveiled by the Department of Social Welfare and Development Region 6 (DSWD-6) recently in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental. These include .... Full Story»
|Makati News :Monday, December 22, 2014-- Gregorian Chant of Paris coming in 2015 for 450th anniversary of Christianization of the Philippines : “We must balance our interests with those of Asian countries. We hope to have more relations with the Philippines. We have to learn from each other. We have many things in common, not just religion.” The words are .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Iloilo LGUs more disaster-ready, adaptive : ILOILO CITY, December 22 (PIA) --- The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)- Iloilo Provincial Office said that local government units (LGUs) here have become more adaptive and disaster-ready as demonstrated by their actions and responses when .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Davao City sets security protocol for buses plying between Davao, provinces : DAVAO CITY, Dec 22 (PNA) – The Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC) has set procedures for public bus companies to strictly adhere to ensuring the security of all passengers travelling to and from the city. Aside .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Monday, December 22, 2014-- Cebu City’s 60,000 seniors get P3,000 cash aid : CEBU CITY, Dec. 22 (PNA) -- Cebu City’s 60,000 registered senior citizens Monday received their P3,000 cash assistance, in time for the Christmas celebration. Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs (Osca) Chief Rolando Llaguno said the cash assistance was .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Monday, December 22, 2014-- Salt fertilization project improves coconut production :CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Dec. 22 (PIA) --- Matured nuts productivity in all of the provinces in northern Mindanao has improved during the third quarter of 2014 due to the salt fertilization project, the National Economic and Development Authority .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Lazatin: Rodriguez’s re-election bid good for San Fernando : ANGELES CITY -- Former first district Representative Carmelo "Tarzan" Lazatin welcomed Monday the decision of third district Representative Oscar "Oca" Rodriguez to seek re-election, allowing a "harmonious relationship" between officials in .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- DAR raises value of Albay fresh milk : MANILA, Dec 22 (PNA) -- The Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) is pushing the dairy farmers in Albay to raise the quality of fresh milk to international standard, saying that producing better products means generating greater income. Senior Agrarian Reform Program Officer .... Full Story»
|Cebu News : Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Home town bets rule age group tennis tournament in Naga City : CEBU CITY, Dec. 22 (PNA) -- Home town bets ruled the Palawan Pawnshop age group tennis tournaments in Naga City in southern Cebu, with local netters winning five of the nine division titles at the Naga City Country Club over the weekend. Youth .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- Sulu’s mock village wins ARMM cultural competition : The Sulu “mock tribal village” depicting the oldest Southern Philippine Muslim civilization was voted as overall champion in various cultural contests that capped the month-long celebration of the 25th anniversary of .... Full Story»
Featured Philippine News
- Christmas: It’s really more fun in the Philippines
- Monday, December 22, 2014 6:50 pm
- Even with all the modern conveniences and latest technological advances available today, tradition still plays a large role in Philippine popular culture. Aside from the everyday values being practiced in the regular Filipino household, these traditions are even more evident when it comes to special events such as the Holy Week and the Yuletide season. Western concepts such as gift-giving and Santa Claus have been incorporated into the festivities, but these are modified and given a Filipino twist to help make this season truly extraordinary.
- Filipinos abroad lament the lack of Christmas spirit in their current locations. This springs from the fact that while most other nationalities pause from their busy lives for their eggnogs and whatnot usually only on the day itself, the season in the Philippines officially starts as soon as the –ber months arrive. As early as September, carols start playing on the radio and through mall loudspeakers to remind everyone that Christmas is set to roll around again. There is much to be excited about, as Christmas is indeed more fun in the Philippines. Here are some of the lovely practices handed down through generations that are alive and well in this wonderful country ......................... Full Story»
- Current account surplus climbs 15% to $3 B in Q3
- Sunday, December 21, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The country’s current account surplus climbed 15 percent in the third quarter as the rise in exports outpaced the increase in imports, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas reported.
- The surplus summed up to $3.037 billion in July to September, higher than the $2.647 billion recorded in the same period last year. The level is equivalent to 4.4 percent of the country’s gross domestic product ......................... Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.