Click on the first letter of the Barangay's name or Narrow it down to the first few letters of the Barangay's Name
Ama, Aqu, Asp
Bago, Ban, Bara, Bas, Bued
Cad, Cam, Coa
San A, San G, San M, San R, Santa, Santo, Sout
Tam, Tika, Tua
- The barangay system is what makes the Philippines, the community oriented country of the world. The core LGU (Local Government Unit) of the Philippines is the barangay. Each barangay has its Chairman (captain) and council who are elected into office every three years by popular vote of the community registered voters.
- Help update the webpage of the barangay you grew up in. Each page that we provide is an interactive page whereby any registered user may edit or update.
- If your barangay is not in the category list, email me with the barangay name, municipality, and Province. I will add the name to the list immediately. email@example.com
News Around the Philippines
|Philippines News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Senate approves P2.6-T national budget for 2015 : Senators on Wednesday night voted 13-0 to approve on third and final reading the proposed P2.606-trillion 2015 national budget .... More
|Zamboanga City News : Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- 2-day livelihood summit kicks off : Representatives from the different stakeholders yesterday gathered for a two-day summit intended to craft an economic resettlement and development framework plan for families displaced by the 2013 siege. Organized by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Sur News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Bill provides urgent relief, protection for children : The House Committee on the Welfare of Children has reported out for floor deliberation a bill providing emergency relief and protection for children during disasters, calamities and other emergency situations. Rep. Aurora Enerio Cerilles of .... Full Story»
|Zamboanga del Norte News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- DTI-9 turns over P2.7-M to 6 towns under Grassroots Participatory Budgeting :Six municipalities in the region received monetary assistance of P2,722,500.00 from the Department of Trade and Industry-9 (DTI) to help local government units develop and enhance their products and services. The .... Full Story»
|Quezon City News : Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- PCGE launches search for ‘new Jose Rizals’ : QUEZON CITY, 27 Nov. (PIA)--The Philippine Center for the Gifted Education (PCGE) has opened the nominations for bright, gifted youth who could be ‘new Jose Rizals’. "Dr. Jose Rizal is the epitome of the Filipino gifted," said Dr. Leticia Peñano-Ho, clinical .... Full Story»
|Palawan News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Seacem acquires shares in two companies for $80 million : SOUTHEAST Asia Cement Holdings Inc. (Seacem) has entered into a deal to acquire stakes in Ferrochrome Resources Inc. (FRI) and Southeast Palawan Nickel Ventures Inc. (South Palawan) at a combined price of $80 million. The company disclosed on .... Full Story»
| Pangasinan News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Campus journalists gather for annual writing contests : DAGUPAN CITY, Nov 27 (PIA) – Hundreds of aspiring writers from 65 public and private elementary schools in this city trooped to the Department of Education’s (DepEd) division office here and took part in the 2014 Division Schools Press Conference.
Dr. .... Full Story»
|Negros Occidental News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Negros Occidental board approves P15.01-billion investment plan : BACOLOD CITY—The Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) of Negros Occidental has approved the P15.01-billion Annual Investment Plan (AIP) endorsed by the Provincial Development Council. The AIP, the “wishlist” of projects for .... Full Story»
|Makati News : Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Makati distributes year-end cash gift to senior citizens : The city government of Makati through the Elderly Welfare Section of the Makati Social Welfare Department (MSWD) will start the distribution of the year-end cash gift for BLU Card holders in the city on Saturday, November 29, until December .... Full Story»
|Iloilo City News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Students explore Bulabog-Putian National Park : ILOILO – Thirty-eight high school students explored Bulabog-Putian National Park in Dingle town during a youth camp that the Philippine Information Agency (PIA) and Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) organized for Fort San Pedro National .... Full Story»
|Davao City News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Davao City working on nutrition strategy for mothers, children : DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 27 Nov) – The city council committee on health is fine-tuning an ordinance targeting to implement a maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition (MNCHN) strategy for Davao City. In an email interview Wednesday, council .... Full Story»
|Cebu City News : Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Cebu City triathlon set : SINULOG is not only for culture and arts as sports will have a fair share of the limelight as well. Several competitions have been organized in line with the Sinulog festivities. But for the first time, the local government of Cebu, Cebu City Sports Commission, Sinulog Foundation Inc. and .... Full Story»
|Cagayan de Oro City News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- 1st Go Negosyo Center opened in CDO :CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, November 27 (PIA) – “It is not enough to teach people accountancy and basic financial literacy but an entrepreneurial mindset.” This was made clear by Senator Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino IV during the opening of the first ever .... Full Story»
|Angeles City News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- CDC earmarks P23-M for infra projects along parade grounds : CLARK FREEPORT — Clark Development Corporation (CDC) has earmarked more than P23 million for the on-going rehabilitation projects at the most frequented tourist destinations inside this Freeport. The CDC has sent notice to all stakeholders, .... Full Story»
|Albay News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- Holiday gifts to poor students: Free bikes : Students in the upland village of Banquerohan, 17 kilometers away from the center of Legazpi City will receive early Christmas gifts—bicycles to take them to school. The “Bisikleta para sa Banquero” program was launched on Nov. 14 under the Helping Educate .... Full Story»
| Cebu News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- DA, trade department intensify promotion of organic farming : CEBU, Philippines - Central Visayas is turning its attention towards further promoting the expansion of organic farming in the region. Based on the multi-agency action plan participated in by the Department of Agriculture and led by the Department of .... Full Story»
|ARMM Autonomous Region Muslim Mindanao News: Thursday, November 27, 2014 -- 20,000 fly kites in bid for peace, world record : COTABATO CITY—At least 20,000 people, mostly children, flew kites in several autonomous areas on Tuesday hoping to break the world record for most kites flown that had been set in 2011 by Gaza, one of the world’s most .... Full Story»
Zamboanga.com was established in 1997 to expose Zamboanga City to the world. We did extensive studies about the history of the City of Zamboanga. We also started an online Chavacano Dictionary to propagate the official dialect of Zamboanga City.
In 2009 we decided to make the City of Zamboanga the portal to the Philippines via the internet so we coined the phrase "Zamboanga.com, the Portal to The Philippines". As of 2013 we have every Barangay in the Philippines linked to its Municipality and every municipality is linked to its Province and every province is linked to its Region. Nobody else in the world has this.
We thank you for your collaboration. Your picture uploads is helping zamboanga.com provide a pictorial documentation of the Philippines. Every picture uploaded is categorized. Your continued support is greatly appreciated not just by zamboanga.com but by all the Filipino people.
Featured Philippine News
- Senate approves P2.6-T national budget for 2015
- Thursday, November 27, 2014 2:27 am
- Senators on Wednesday night voted 13-0 to approve on third and final reading the proposed P2.606-trillion 2015 national budget.
- The senators also introduced amendments to the budget measure, House Bill No. 4968, including additional realignments amounting to P4.756 billion ......................... Full Story»
- Phl bond market logs fastest growth in E Asia
- Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine bond market posted the fastest growth in emerging East Asia in January to September this year, according to a report released by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- The country’s corporate bond market expanded 11.3 percent in the third quarter, and 37.6 percent to $17 billion after nine months in 2014 ......................... Full Story»
The Republic of The Philippines, its history and its arts and culture
| Republic of The Philippines
||Arts and Culture of The Philippines
|| History of The Philippines
- Type: Republic.
- Independence: July 4, 1946.
- Constitution: February 11, 1987.
- Executive--president and vice president
(two legislative chambers)
- Administrative subdivisions:
(as of 2012)
- This is the one thing that separates us from the rest of the world - our colorful and lively culture that makes us distinctly Filipino. This includes traditions, language, arts, etc. which are found in museums, churches and galleries, found within the heart of the key cities.
- Most provinces have their own identifying folk dances too wherein they showcase the elegance and beauty of the way we do things, the way we dress, the way we see things as shown in different paintings, as we have been influenced by events that happened in our history.
- That’s not all. When you have lived in the Philippines long enough, you’ll know that it’s not an exaggeration to say there is a town that’s celebrating its fiesta every single day...>>>Read More
- The history of The Philippines can be divided into seven very distinct phases:
- the pre-Spanish period (before 1521);
- the Spanish period (1521-1898);
- the Filipino Revolution period;
- the American period (1898-1946);
- the Japanese occupation period;
- the Philippine Independence and
- the post-Independence period (1946-present). » Full Story
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com appreciates your donations. We also affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Other Stores >>> AC lens | All Things Trendy | Chinavasion | Crazy for Baragains