Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
Batasan • Bato • Biangan • Buena Vida • Buhay • Bulakanon • Cabilao • Concepcion • Dagupan • Garsika • Guangan • Indangan • Jose Rizal • Katipunan II • Kawayanon • Kisante • Leboce • Libertad • Luayon • Luna Norte • Luna Sur • Malabuan • Malasila • Malungon • New Baguio • New Bulatukan • New Cebu • New Israel • Old Bulatukan • Poblacion • Rodero • Saguing • San Vicente • Santa Felomina • Santo Niño • Sinkatulan • Taluntalunan • Villaflores
List of Municipalities in the Cotabato province within REGION XII (Soccsksargen) in the Republic of The Philippines
Alamada | Aleosan | Antipas | Arakan | Banisilan | Carmen | Kabacan | Libungan | Magpet | Makilala | Matalam
Midsayap | M'lang | Pigkawayan | Pikit | President Roxas | Tulunan
Cities in the province of Cotabato: Kidapawan City (Capital City)
Seal of Makilala Municipality
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Cotabato|
Makilala Municipality Hall
Please upload picture
- Makilala has a total of 38 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Makilala as of (2010) = 37,688
- Makilala is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Cotabato (North Cotabato).
- Population of Makilala (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 71,543
- Land Area of Makilala (as of 2007, in hectares) = 34,357
- Makilala is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Makilala is in the Cotabato province and within Region XII– Soccsksargen in the island of mindanao
Geography of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
Makilala Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 34,357
Location of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
- Makilala is in the Province of Cotabato
- Cotabato Province is in the island of Mindanao and within Region XII.
History of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
The beginning of Makilala
People of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
- Makilala Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 71,543
- Makilala Registered Voters (2010 COMELEC) = 40,063
Elected Government Officials of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Makilala for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Makilala: CAOAGDAN, RUDY INDEPENDENT
- Vice-Mayor of Makilala: CUA, RICKY INDEPENDENT
- Councilors of Makilala:
- TABANAY, RYAN INDEPENDENT 12749 10.40%
- LALAGUNA, MANUEL INDEPENDENT 12339 10.07%
- MOLINA, ENE INDEPENDENT 10556 8.61%
- IPONG, DOODS INDEPENDENT 9972 8.14%
- RESPICIO, CARLFRED INDEPENDENT 9844 8.03%
- ANG, PEDRO INDEPENDENT 9236 7.54%
- DIZON, MADONNA INDEPENDENT 8043 6.56%
- QUIBOD, ERIC CAESAR INDEPENDENT 7602 6.20%
- Elected officials of Makilala for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Makilala: Rudy Santos Caoagdan
- Vice-Mayor of Makilala: Ricky Albarracin Cua
- Councilors of Makilala:
Barangay Elected Government Officials of Makilala, Cotabato
Businesses in Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Makilala.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Makilala
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Sports News of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Makilala? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Makilala? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Makilala.
- Philippines thrashes Myanmar in SEA Games hoops
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:12 pm
- MANILA, Philippines—Sinag Pilipinas thrashed Myanmar, 118-43, Thursday for to its third win in the 27th Southeast Asian Games at Zayar Thiri Stadium in Myanmar.
- After the Filipinos’ spotty win over Singapore last Monday, their game has picked up and they’re looking more dominant than ever as they gun for a gold medal repeat...............Full Story»
News and Events
- New investments from Japan seen
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:00 am
- TOKYO — The Philippines foresees new investments from Japan in the near future, especially with the adoption of Japan’s standard for digital television, Philippine Ambassador to Japan Manuel Lopez said Tuesday.
- Lopez said some Japanese companies would likely set up shop in the Philippines to produce equipment like set-top boxes.........Full Story»
- P239-M in housing aid for Yolanda Victims released
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- MANILA, Dec. 11 -- Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad has released P238.6 million to the National Housing Authority (NHA) to support the Housing Materials Assistance (HOMA) to victims of Typhoon Yolanda under the agency’s Emergency Housing Assistance for Calamity Victims Program (EHACVP).
- The release—sourced from Budgetary Support to Government Corporations under the 2013 National Budget—is part of a larger P350-million rollout for the EHACVP, a nationwide program designed to respond to the permanent housing needs of low- and marginal-income families and informal settlers affected by calamities, including typhoons, landslides, earthquakes, and fires, DBM said in a statement.........Full Story»
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Makilala, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
The name of your school in Makilala can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Makilala you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Makilala, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Makilala in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Makilala. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Makilala landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Makilala.
Your Story about Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
Tell your story about Makilala. You can talk about the good things in Makilala or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Makilala. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Makilala? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Makilala.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cotabato, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Makilala, Cotabato, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.