Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
Barangays of Mapun in the Tawi-Tawi province of the Philippines
Boki • Duhul Batu • Erok-erok • Guppah • Kompang • Liyubud • Lubbak Parang • Lupa Pula (Pob.) • Mahalo • Pawan • Sapa • Sikub • Tabulian • Tanduan • Umus Mataha
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Tawi-Tawi Province of The Philippines
Bongao (Capital) | Languyan | Mapun | Panglima Sugala | Sapa-Sapa | Sibutu | Simunul | Sitangkai | South Ubian | Tandubas | Turtle Islands
Cities in the Province of Tawi-Tawi: NONE
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with informaton updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Mapun Seal Picture
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Mapun, Tawi Tawi|
Map location of Mapun, Tawi Tawi Province
Location of Tawi Tawi
Mapun Municipal Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
- Mapun (CAGAYAN DE TAWI-TAWI) has a total of 15 barangays
- Registered Voters of Mapun as of (2010) = 14,594
- Population of Mapun (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 29,801
- Land Area of Mapun (as of 2007, in hectares) = 18,129
- Mapun is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Mapun is in the Tawi-Tawi province and within Region XV-ARMM in the Sulu Archipelago.
Geography of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
Geography of Mapun
Location of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
Mapun is located ....
History of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
The begining of Mapun
People of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
Total Population of Mapun
- Elected officials of Mapun for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Nickerson Lim Tan
- Vice-Mayor: Kennedy Hussien Muksin
Barangay Elected Officials of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi
Businesses in Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
Businesses of Mapun
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Mapun, you can list that property for Properties For Sale FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Religions in Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
The religions in Mapun
Schools in Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
Schools in Mapun
Economy of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
The economy of Mapun
If you have a job available and that job is within Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Mapun, Tawi-Tawi" page.
Natural Resources of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Possible Tawi-Tawi oil field to propel economy
By NONOY E. LACSON
January 26, 2010, 3:40pm
BONGAO, Tawi-Tawi – The possible oil find in Mapun, Tawi-Tawi will bail out from poverty the people of the province and eventually give the provincial government here the needed socio-economic and infrastructure development in the coming months.
This was the statement issued by Tawi-Tawi Gov. Sadikul Sahali after visiting the Exxon Mobile oilrig site off Mapun municipal group of islands in Tawi-Tawi on Monday.
Exxon Mobil chief executive officer Ian Fischer and other top executives invited Sahali to an inspection tour at the oilrig site off Mapun town Monday.
The Exxon Mobil oilrig site is located southeast of Mapun – northeast of Taganak and southwest of Turtle Island, employs about 165 highly technical and trained personnel composed of Filipinos, Indonesians, Malaysians and even American.
The oil exploration company, Fisher said, had just closed the first oilrig drilling site and recently opened a new site in the area for another possible oil deposits.
“I am convinced they found oil deposits in their first oilrig site in Mapun but not of commercial quantity, though they have not told me that they found such during their oilrig activities in the area,” the governor said.
“What I am hoping now is for the company to find the oil deposits in the area in order for the province to also benefit from their finds in term of employment, infrastructure development and most importantly for needed socio and economic development for the province,” Sahali disclosed.
He also described the Exxon Mobil oilrig activities in Mapun as using the most “sophisticated state-of-the-art facilities and guided by Global Positioning System or GPS.”
Tourists Attractions of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
The tourist attractions of Mapun
Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Fiestas and Traditions of Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
Traditions of Mapun
Your Story about Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines
You story about Mapun
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Mapun.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Mapun, Tawi-Tawi Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Tawi-Tawi, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Mapun, Tawi-Tawi, Philippines]]