Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
Alinaay • Aragan • Arnap • Baclig (Pob.) • Bato • Bonifacio (Pob.) • Bungro • Cacadiran • Caellayan • Carusipan • Catucdaan • Cuancabal • Cuantacla • Daclapan • Dardarat • Lipit • Maradodon • Margaay • Nagsantaan • Nagsincaoan • Namruangan • Pila • Pug-os • Quezon (Pob.) • Reppaac • Rizal (Pob.) • Sabang • Sagayaden • Salapasap • Salomague • Sisim • Turod • Turod-Patac
Margaay Barangay Seal Picture
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Ilocos Sur|
Map of Ilocos Sur Province in the Island of Luzon
Margaay Barangay Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Location of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
- Margaay is one of the Barangays of Cabugao.
- Cabugao is in the Province of Ilocos Sur
- The province of Ilocos Sur is in Region I - Ilocos Region and in the northern island of luzon.
History of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
Contribute your knowledge about the history of Margaay
People of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
Total Population of Margaay
Elected Government Officials of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
- Elected Margaay Officers for the term of 2013 - 2016
- Punong Barangay/Captain/Chairman: <> Sera, James Sumagit
- Barangay Kagawad: < > Simbe, Joseph Poserio
- Barangay Kagawad: < > Sajor, Sanny Surbida
- Barangay Kagawad: < > Sajor, Antonio Vicencio
- Barangay Kagawad: < > Saupan, Melvin De La Cruz
- Barangay Kagawad: < > Sumibcay, Roger Maximo Giron
- Barangay Kagawad: < > Surbida, Marieta Jacob
- Barangay Kagawad: < > Surbida, Francis Ganzon
Businesses in Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Margaay.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Take a picture of your Business in Margaay. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Margaay
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just empty or vacant lots in Margaay, you can list that property for FOR FREE.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The schools in Margaay
Economy of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Margaay, Cabugao you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Margaay, Cabugao, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Margaay, Cabugao. Where does the energy source of this Barangay come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Margaay. This will help boost the local economy of Margaay. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Margaay landmarks here.
- Places to see in Margaay:
Fiestas and Traditions of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
Fiesta date of Margaay
Your Story about Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about Margaay. You can talk about the good things in Margaay or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Margaay. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in Margaay? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Margaay. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Margaay? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Margaay? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Margaay.
- Triathlon for beginners
- Saturday, May 30, 2015 12:01 am
- TRIATHLON is an adrenaline-pumping activity that combines swimming, cycling and running in one event. It’s a popular sport in the Philippines, thanks in large part to celebrity triathletes who not only promote the sport to the general public but also make it look easy and fun to do. In reality, however, first-time triathletes need 3 to 6 months of preparation to finish the race without injury or burnout.
- “It takes time to improve your endurance and stamina for a triathlon event. Aside from multisport training, you need to make healthy lifestyle choices—good nutrition, regular exercise, adequate rest, and having a positive attitude,” says Dr. Nicky Montoya, president of MediCard Philippines ................................. Full Story»
News and Events
- PH improves ranking in IMD’s world competitiveness report
- Saturday, May 30, 2015 12:34 am
- The Philippines’ standing in the International Institute for Management Development’s (IMD) 2015 World Competitiveness Yearbook (WCY) report went up a notch to 41st, as it had the fifth fastest economic growth of the 61 countries covered.
- “While this improvement is good news, it follows a four-place drop in ranking from 2014, a five-place improvement from two years before, and a two-notch drop from before that,” said Ronald U. Mendoza, executive director of the Asian Institute of Management’s Rizalino Navarro Center for Economic Competitiveness ......................... Full Story»
- PH electronics imports up 14% in 1st quarter
- Friday, May 29, 2015 12:30 am
- The Philippines imported $4.38 billion worth of electronic goods during the first quarter—a jump of 14 percent year-on-year, according to the Semiconductor and Electronics Industry of the Philippines Inc. (Seipi).
- The increase was driven by the double-digit rise in the values of five out of nine inbound products monitored, Seipi president Danilo Lachica said Thursday ......................... Full Story»
Why Z-Wiki Margaay, Cabugao?
We want to give the people of Margaay the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Margaay is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Margaay participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to Margaay.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Margaay.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Margaay, Cabugao Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Cabugao, Ilocos Sur Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Ilocos Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Margaay, Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philippines]]