Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
B. Titong •
Cawayan Exterior •
Cawayan Interior •
F. Magallanes •
Ubongan Dacu •
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Masbate Province within Region V in the Republic of The Philippines
Aroroy || Baleno || Balud || Batuan || Cataingan || Cawayan || Claveria || Dimasalang || Esperanza || Mandaon || Milagros || Mobo || Monreal || Palanas || Pio V. Corpuz || Placer || San Fernando || San Jacinto || San Pascual || Uson
Cities in the Province of Masbate: Masbate City (Capital)
Seal of Masbate City
|Masbate City Map Locator|
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Masbate Philippines|
Location of Masbate within the Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
City Hall of Masbate City
Panoramic view of Masbate City
Geography of Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
The City of Masbate lies on the shores of the province at 12.2 degrees north latitude and 123.3 degrees east longitude On the Northeast, it is bounded by Masbate Pass, the Municipality of Mobo and Tugbo River on the Southeast, Municipality of Milagros on the Southwest and the Municipality of Baleno and portion of Milagros town on the Northwest. The City of Masbate is well protected by Ticao Island against the hazard of typhoons from the northeast. It is 212.5 aerial miles or 362 nautical miles from Manila. The city is composed of 30 barangays.
Masbate City has a total land areas of 18,789.2811 hectares and lies at the heart of Masbate Province. Terrain is primarily rolling hills
Location of Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
- 12.3667° N, 123.6167° E - Masbate City, Coordinates
History of Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
- Masbate City was incorporated as a city in September 30, 2000
- the article below copied verbatim from the department of tourism
The political history of the town dates back to the 1850s when the Spaniards established their government under a Spanish Gobernadorcillo. The Masbate vassalage to Spain ended sometime in the early part of 1898 as an offshoot of the libertarian campaign waged by General Emilio Aguinaldo.
Sometime after General Aguinaldo inaugurated the Philippine Independence at Kawit, Cavite, he issued a military order to overthrow the Spanish Government in the Visayas and Masbate. General Justo Lucban and General Diego de Dios acted on this order with the help of Masbateño rebels under the legendary Pedro Kipte. The defeat of the Spanish Crown in Masbate could be largely credited to Pedro Kipte. Immediately thereafter, the military government under the Republic of the Philippines was established. But when the American forces reached the Municipality of Masbate in November 1900, it took over the government of Masbate without any resistance from the Masbateños.
After a devastating typhoon in 1908, an Executive Order was passed annexing the Province of Masbate to the Province of Sorsogon. Masbate, by force of circumstance, became a sub-province of Sorsogon until 1922 when its provincial status was restored. Shortly before the restoration of Philippine Independence in 1946, the town of Masbate was established as the provincial capital.
Masbate forms part of the second congressional district. In the mid-90s, the idea of converting the municipality into a city was pushed by 2nd District House Representative Luz Cleta Reyes Bakunawa. Her successor, Congressman Emilio Espinosa, Jr., together with the Municipal Mayor Juan P. Sanchez, Sr. and some local officials and employees took over where she left off. On August 16, 2000, President Joseph E. Estrada signed RA 8807 converting the Municipality of Masbate into a component city. In a plebiscite held later that year, Masbateños voted 7,800-3,200 in favor of cityhood, and on September 30, 2000, the Commission on Elections Regional Office in Region 5 officially proclaimed Masbate as a component city.
People of Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
- Population as 2010 census: 85,227
The people of Masbate calls themselves Masbateños.
Total Population of Masbate City as of the 2007 census was 81,585.
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Masbate City: TUASON, ROWENA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Masbate City: Ruby Margallo Sanchez - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Masbate City:
- REY, JONA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 13394 6.58%
- DIEZ, ANDREI SR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 13141 6.46%
- PLACER, LEILAH (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 13003 6.39%
- YANEZA, RUDY JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 12495 6.14%
- AGUILAR, LUCIO JR. (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11848 5.82%
- SAN PABLO, ALEX (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11668 5.73%
- DAIGO, RALPH (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11432 5.62%
- LIM, HAYDEE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11141 5.47%
- TUASON, JANUS (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10584 5.20%
- IBAÑEZ, JOEL (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9527 4.68%
- Elected officials of for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Masbate City: Socrates Magallanes Tuason
- Vice-Mayor of Masbate City: Allan Bobiles Cos
- Councilors of Masbate City:
Barangay Elected Officials of Masbate City, Masbate
Businesses in Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- Masbate City Realty
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Masbate City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Masbate City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Masbate City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Masbate City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Masbate City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Masbate City" page.
Natural Resources of Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Masbate City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Masbate City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Masbate City landmarks here.
Bugsayon Marine Sanctuary
A 50-hectare marine sanctuary located in Barangay B. Titong. It can be reached by sea through a motorboat or by land through motorbikes and jeepneys.
Buntod Reef Sanctuary
A 250-hectare white sandbar located in the middle of seawaters of Barangay Nursery and Barangay Tugbo.
Pawa Mangrove Ecosystem and Wildlife Park
Located at Barangay Pawa, it offers beautiful sight for bird watching, fishing and family picnic. It has also a 1.3 kilometer wooden bridge connecting Barangay Pawa and Sitio Daang Lungsod of Barangay Usab.
While cruising along Masbate Bay, riding on the floating restaurant, enjoy the sumptuous food and live music offered in it.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Masbate City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- PH GDP grew 5.6% in Q2
- Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:38 am
- The Philippine economy grew 5.6 percent in the second quarter.
- The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and the National Economic and Development Authority (Neda) reported on Thursday that during the April to June period, the gross domestic product (GDP) expanded faster than the 5-percent growth posted in the first quarter ........ Full Story»
- Philippines, Japan ink deal for P13-B infra projects
- Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:56 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – Philippines and Japan on Tuesday signed two loan projects worth P13 billion.
- The two projects were the Metro Manila Priority Bridges Seismic Improvement Project and the Davao City Bypass Construction Project (South and Center Sections) which were signed and noted by Philippine Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario and Japanese Ambassador to the Philippines Kazuhide Ishikawa ........ Full Story»
- Festivals and Events in May
Pattaraday Festival-May 1–5(Santiago city) ★ Katagman Festival - May 3(Oton,Iloilo) ★ Panagat Festival-May 2–8 (Buruanga, Aklan) ★ Binatbatan Festival of the Arts - First week of May, Vigan City ★ Obando Fertility Rites - May 17, 18 & 19 Obando, Bulacan ★ Domorokdok Festival-May 4 Botolan Zambales ★ Bariw Festival- May 14–15 Nabas, Aklan ★ Pahiyas Festival - May 15, Lucban, Quezon ★ Agawan Festival - May 15, Sariaya, Quezon ★ Araquio Festival - May, Gen.Tinio, Nueva Ecija ★ Pasayahan sa Lucena (St. Ferdinand) -May 30, Lucena, Philippines ★ Samahang Bulaklakan Festival - Last Sunday of May, Siniloan, Laguna ★ Tapusan Float Parade Festival - May 31, Alitagtag, Batangas ★ Festivity of Saint Michael - May 7–8 San Miguel, Panganiban, Catanduanes [Louie B. dela Cruz] ★ Binirayan Festival - May 1, San Jose de Buenavista, Antique ★ Araña`t Baluarte Festival- May 15 Gumaca, Quezon ★ Pista ng Banal na Krus- Every 2nd Saturday of May, Tanza, Navotas City ★ Pangisraan Festival- May 1–10 Calatrava, Romblon ★ Ati-atihan Festival - Last Saturday of May - Brgy. 7, Fermont Village, Victorias City, Neg. Occ. ★ Pastulan Festival- Every 2nd Saturday of May. San Pascual, Batangas
- Cobra-PAL dragon boat team targets world crown
- Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - With a complete lineup, the Cobra-PAL Philippine Dragon Boat Federation (PDBF) team believes it can beat the world’s best when the World Dragon Boat Cup is held in Fushan, China next year.
- “We finished second last year so we’re now going for first place in the World Cup,” said PDBF president Marcia Cristobal in yesterday’s briefing at the Philippine Airlines’ office along Macapagal Ave. in Pasay ................................ Full Story»
Your Story about Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Masbate City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Masbate City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Masbate City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Masbate, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Masbate City, Masbate, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.