Mindoro Oriental Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Mindoro Oriental province of the Philippines
Baco || Bansud || Bongabong || Bulalacao || Gloria || Mansalay || Naujan || Pinamalayan || Pola || Puerto Galera || Roxas || San Teodoro || Socorro || Victoria
Cities in the Province of Mindoro Oriental: Calapan City (Capital)
Seal of the Province of Mindoro Oriental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Mindoro Oriental|
Mindoro Oriental Province within The Philippines
Provincial Capitol Building of the Province of Mindoro Oriental
Province of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
Location of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
Mindoro Oriental is located in the island of Mindoro which is the seventh largest island in the Philippines. Mindoro Oriental is on the east side of the island of Mindoro. The province of Mindoro Oriental is within Region IV and within the island group of Luzon.
History of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
The begining of Mindoro Oriental
People of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- Mindoro Oriental Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 735,769
- Mindoro Oriental Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 344,462
Local Government Unit LGU of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- Elected officials of Mindoro Oriental for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor: Arnan Capulong Panaligan
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Ma. Estela Felipa Manahan Aceron
- House Representatives:
- 1st District: Rodolfo Garong Valencia
- 2nd District: Reynaldo Villar Umali
- Provincial Board Members:
- 1st District:
- Maria Fe Villar Brondial
- Humerlito Atienza Dolor
- Philip Cesar Buensoceso Joson
- Abraham Ramos Abas
- Romeo Gonzales Infantado
- 2nd District:
- Elected officials of Mindoro Oriental for the term of 2007-2010
Barangays Elected Officials of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines for the term of 2010 - 2013
Businesses in Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Mindoro Oriental.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Mindoro Oriental
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Mindoro Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Mindoro Oriental, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Mindoro Oriental here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Mindoro Oriental here.
- List the Methodist churches in Mindoro Oriental here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Mindoro Oriental here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Mindoro Oriental here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Mindoro Oriental here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Mindoro Oriental here.
- List the Baptist churches in Mindoro Oriental here.
Schools in Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Mindoro Oriental can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Mindoro Oriental you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Mindoro Oriental, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Mindoro Oriental in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Mindoro Oriental. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Mindoro Oriental landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Mindoro Oriental.
- OFW tourist arrivals rise 4.2% in 2012
- Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - More workers returning home from abroad are spending time touring around the country, the Department of Tourism (DOT) said.
- The number of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) registered as tourists increased 4.2 percent in 2012, data from the DOT showed..........Full Story
- Gov’t works on branding for Phl food products
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The government plans to launch this year a branding for Philippine food products for export, as it seeks to actively promote local goods overseas, a trade official said.
- “We want to create a Philippine brand (to be used) for packaging (of products) this year,” Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM) executive director Rosario Virginia Gaetos told reporters at the sidelines of the 9th International Food Exhibition Philippines..........Full Story
- Sacha takes pole in Asian karting
- Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:00 am
- CARMONA, Cavite, Philippines – Filling in the void left by top Filipino karters VJ Suba and the Rivera brothers Milo and Estefano, the Philippines dominated the qualifying heats behind lady karter Sacha Feliciano who claimed the No. 1 spot on the grid for today’s pre-final heat of the 2013 Asian Karting Open Championships at the Carmona Racetrack.
- After a fourth place finish in the first qualifying heat, Feliciano bounced back, so determined to rule the last two qualifying heats to capture the pole position in the premier Formula 125 Open Seniors class..........Full Story »
Mindoro Oriental Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|5202||San Teodoro||Mindoro Oriental|
|5203||Puerto Galera||Mindoro Oriental|
PAGASA expects rain showers over parts of PHL
- Source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/257919/news/nation/pagasa-expects-rain-showers-over-parts-of-phl
- Saturday, May 12, 2012
- by LBG, GMA News
Rain showers may fall over parts of the country as a potential cyclone, a low-pressure area, heads for the West Philippine Sea Saturday morning, the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration said.
PAGASA forecaster Fernando Cada said their models show the LPA is not likely to intensify into a cyclone while still inside Philippine territory.
“Ito ay papalabas papunta sa West Philippine Sea.... Hindi na ito makakaapekto sa ating bansa," Cada said in an interview on dzBB radio.
But he also said the rain to be expected on Saturday does not yet mean the rainy season is already here.
He said the rainy season is due to set in during the second half of May, when the southwest monsoon begins to become dominant.
PAGASA’s 5 a.m. bulletin indicated the LPA was estimated at 270 km west of Calapan, Oriental Mindoro, embedded along the Inter-tropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) affecting Palawan and Mindanao.
It also noted the diffused tail-end of a cold front is affecting the eastern section of Southern Luzon.
“The whole archipelago will experience mostly cloudy skies with scattered rain showers and thunderstorms,” PAGASA said.
Light to moderate winds blowing from the east to northeast will prevail over Luzon and coming from the west to southwest over the rest of the country, it said.
The coastal waters throughout the archipelago will be slight to moderate, it added.
Misamis Oriental Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by Location or by ZipCode
|9000||Cagayan de Oro City||Misamis Oriental|
|9014||Gingoog City||Misamis Oriental|
|9017||El Salvador||Misamis Oriental|
Photo Gallery of Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
Upload You pictures about Mindoro Oriental, Philippines
- Photos of Mindoro Oriental
- Mindoro Oriental, Philippines