Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Anislagan • Antiquera • Basak • Bayabas • Bukal • Cabacungan • Cabidianan • Katipunan • Libasan • Linda • Magading • Magsaysay • Mainit • Manat • Matilo • Mipangi • New Dauis • New Sibonga • Ogao • Pangutosan • Poblacion • San Isidro • San Roque • San Vicente • Santa Maria • Santo Niño (Kao) • Sasa • Tagnocon
- Nabunturan is the capital of Compostela Valley
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Seal of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Compostela Valley|
Nabunturan within Compostela Valley Province
Province of Compostela Valley withing The Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Nabunturan, Compostela Valley Municipality Hall
Please Upload Picture
- Nabunturan has a total of 28 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Nabunturan as of (2010) = 37,106
- Nabunturan is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Compostela Valley.
- Population of Nabunturan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 67,365
- Land Area of Nabunturan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 23,130
- Nabunturan is a un-classified Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Nabunturan is in the Compostela Valley province and within Region XI– Davao Region in the island of mindanao
- Nabunturan is the capital of Compostela Valley
Geography of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Geography of Nabunturan
Location of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Nabunturan is located ....
History of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
NABUNTURAN was once a barangay of the municipality of Compostela. The name is a derivative from the word “BUNGTOD”. The natives called it such due to its elevated terrain compared to other areas within the valley. The early settlement was governed by a headman called “BAGANI” but was under the supervision of the Municipal District President of Compostela over matters only concerning civil affairs. For the maintenance of peace and order, the area was under the immediate supervision of the Philippine Constabulary Detachment of Camp Kalaw in Moncayo, now a municipality. From barangay Jaguimitan in the north to barangay Mawab, now a municipality in the south, the whole Compostela town was divided into two (2) municipal districts, the district of Moncayo and the other was the district of Compostela with the latter’s seat of local government in barangay Nabunturan, now the municipality of Nabunturan.
After the World War II in 1945 when the American forces landed in Davao City, the Philippine Civil Assistance Unit (PCAU) established the civil government of Compostela right at Nabunturan because of its accessibility to and from Davao City. During the liberation, major roads and highways were later improved and it had lured more settlers. As years marched on, Nabunturan became the center of commerce and eventually the conduit of government services. Thus, the need of converting it into a separate municipality was felt. This need was then considered by toppolicy makers as urgent. On July 23, 1957, through Republic Act No. 2038, Nabunturan was created as a new political unit, separate and distinct from the mother municipality of Compostela.
On January 30, 1998, the President of the Philippines, Fidel V. Ramos signed into law the creation of the 79th Province in the country, the COMPOSTELA VALLEY pursuant to Republic Act No. 8470, which further created the Municipality of Nabunturan as its capital town. (source verbatim from: http://www.nscb.gov.ph/)
People of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Total Population of Nabunturan as of May 1, 2010 census: 73,196
Sports News of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Nabunturan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Nabunturan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Nabunturan.
- Ilustre caps romp with 7th gold
- Monday, July 6, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Palarong Pambansa sensation Maurice Sacho Ilustre capped a sterling crossover to the 2015 Philippine National Games (PNG) Luzon Qualifying Leg by pocketing his sixth and seventh gold medal yesterday at Rizal Memorial Sports Complex.
- Sizzling on a stormy Sunday, De La Salle-Zobel ace Ilustre blitzed past rivals in the boys’ 16-and-over 100-meter fly and 50-meter free to put the finishing touches to a clean sweep of his events and become the meet’s most-bemedalled competitor ................................ Full Story»
News and Events
- Japan agency upgrades Philippines' credit rating
- Monday, July 6, 2015 5:12 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines received a credit rating upgrade from "BBB" to "BBB+" from the Japan Credit Rating Agency (JCR).
- According to the JRC, the upgrading reflects the government's improving fiscal position, sound external position, generally stable political and social situations and increased prospects for sustained relatively high economic growth ........ Full Story»
- PH is ISDR Support Group Chair in Geneva
- Sunday, July 5, 2015
- MANILA, July 5 -- Known to be actively engaged with international partners on disaster risk reduction (DRR) and in sharing its knowledge and experience in DRR, preparedness, response and recovery and rehabilitation, the Philippines once again demonstrated its leadership role in DRR with its acceptance of the chairmanship of the ISDR Support Group in Geneva beginning July 2015.
- Switzerland, represented by Ambassador Alexandre Fasel, Permanent Representative of Switzerland to the United Nations (UN) and Other International Organizations, officially handed over the chairmanship of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) Support Group to the Philippines, represented by Ambassador Cecilia B. Rebong, Philippine Permanent Representative to the United Nations and Other International Organizations ........ Full Story»
Local Government Unit LGU of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Nabunturan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Nabunturan: Romeo Calamba Clarin - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Nabunturan: SOTTO, MARIO ANGELO - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Nabunturan:
- BALILI, RODEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11424 11.16%
- AMATONG, CHELITA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11294 11.03%
- ANCLA, CARLO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9561 9.34%
- CABALLERO, CON INDEPENDENT 9368 9.15%
- SECUYA, VIVENCIA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8945 8.74%
- TAN, DARWIN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8768 8.56%
- HUMOL, MARK TRISTAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8023 7.84%
- TUSAY, ROLAND INDEPENDENT 6892 6.73%
- Elected officials of Nabunturan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Romeo Calamba Clarin
- Vice-Mayor: Darwin Cerbo Tan
Barangays Elected Officials of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
Businesses in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Nabunturan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings in Zamboanga-Realty.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
Schools in Nabunturan
Economy of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The economy of Nabunturan
Natural Resources of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The tourist attractions of Nabunturan
Fiestas and Traditions of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Traditions of Nabunturan
Your Story about Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Nabunturan? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Nabunturan. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Nabunturan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Compostela Valley, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.