Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Anislagan • Antiquera • Basak • Bayabas • Bukal • Cabacungan • Cabidianan • Katipunan • Libasan • Linda • Magading • Magsaysay • Mainit • Manat • Matilo • Mipangi • New Dauis • New Sibonga • Ogao • Pangutosan • Poblacion • San Isidro • San Roque • San Vicente • Santa Maria • Santo Niño (Kao) • Sasa • Tagnocon
- Nabunturan is the capital of Compostela Valley
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
Seal of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
Please Upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Compostela Valley|
Nabunturan within Compostela Valley Province
Province of Compostela Valley withing The Philippines
Nabunturan, Compostela Valley Municipality Hall
Please Upload Picture
- Nabunturan has a total of 28 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Nabunturan as of (2010) = 37,106
- Nabunturan is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Compostela Valley.
- Population of Nabunturan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 67,365
- Land Area of Nabunturan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 23,130
- Nabunturan is a un-classified Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Nabunturan is in the Compostela Valley province and within Region XI– Davao Region in the island of mindanao
- Nabunturan is the capital of Compostela Valley
Geography of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Geography of Nabunturan
Location of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Nabunturan is located ....
History of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The begining of Nabunturan
People of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Total Population of Nabunturan
Sports News of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Nabunturan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Nabunturan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Nabunturan.
- Phl-Smart jins bag 12 golds, 28 other medals in ASEAN meet
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines-Smart taekwondo team romped off with a haul of 12 gold, 14 silver and 14 bronze medals in the recent 11th ASEAN champions (ATF) tournament in Nay Pyl Taw, Myanmar.
- Many-time internationalist Kirstie Elaine Alora and Anjelay Pelaez showed the way with a gold each in the senior women’s kyorugi (free sparring) competition..........Full Story »
News and Events
- Gov’t works on branding for Phl food products
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The government plans to launch this year a branding for Philippine food products for export, as it seeks to actively promote local goods overseas, a trade official said.
- “We want to create a Philippine brand (to be used) for packaging (of products) this year,” Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM) executive director Rosario Virginia Gaetos told reporters at the sidelines of the 9th International Food Exhibition Philippines..........Full Story
- Public ownership of stocks rises
- Friday, May 17, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Public ownership of companies listed in the local bourse is increasing, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) said.
- In a recent study, the operator of the country’s only stock exchange said the free float level hit 33.4 percent as of end-March..........Full Story
Local Government Unit LGU of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- Elected officials of Nabunturan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Romeo Calamba Clarin
- Vice-Mayor: Darwin Cerbo Tan
Barangays Elected Officials of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
Businesses in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Businesses of Nabunturan
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Nabunturan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings in Zamboanga-Realty.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Religions in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The religions in Nabunturan
Schools in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Schools in Nabunturan
Economy of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The economy of Nabunturan
Natural Resources of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The tourist attractions of Nabunturan
Fiestas and Traditions of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Traditions of Nabunturan
Your Story about Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
You story about Nabunturan
Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Nabunturan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Compostela Valley, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines]]