Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Anislagan • Antiquera • Basak • Bayabas • Bukal • Cabacungan • Cabidianan • Katipunan • Libasan • Linda • Magading • Magsaysay • Mainit • Manat • Matilo • Mipangi • New Dauis • New Sibonga • Ogao • Pangutosan • Poblacion • San Isidro • San Roque • San Vicente • Santa Maria • Santo Niño (Kao) • Sasa • Tagnocon
- Nabunturan is the capital of Compostela Valley
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Seal of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Compostela Valley|
Nabunturan within Compostela Valley Province
Province of Compostela Valley withing The Philippines
Nabunturan, Compostela Valley Municipality Hall
Please Upload Picture
- Nabunturan has a total of 28 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Nabunturan as of (2010) = 37,106
- Nabunturan is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Compostela Valley.
- Population of Nabunturan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 67,365
- Land Area of Nabunturan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 23,130
- Nabunturan is a un-classified Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Nabunturan is in the Compostela Valley province and within Region XI– Davao Region in the island of mindanao
- Nabunturan is the capital of Compostela Valley
Geography of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Geography of Nabunturan
Location of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Nabunturan is located ....
History of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
NABUNTURAN was once a barangay of the municipality of Compostela. The name is a derivative from the word “BUNGTOD”. The natives called it such due to its elevated terrain compared to other areas within the valley. The early settlement was governed by a headman called “BAGANI” but was under the supervision of the Municipal District President of Compostela over matters only concerning civil affairs. For the maintenance of peace and order, the area was under the immediate supervision of the Philippine Constabulary Detachment of Camp Kalaw in Moncayo, now a municipality. From barangay Jaguimitan in the north to barangay Mawab, now a municipality in the south, the whole Compostela town was divided into two (2) municipal districts, the district of Moncayo and the other was the district of Compostela with the latter’s seat of local government in barangay Nabunturan, now the municipality of Nabunturan.
After the World War II in 1945 when the American forces landed in Davao City, the Philippine Civil Assistance Unit (PCAU) established the civil government of Compostela right at Nabunturan because of its accessibility to and from Davao City. During the liberation, major roads and highways were later improved and it had lured more settlers. As years marched on, Nabunturan became the center of commerce and eventually the conduit of government services. Thus, the need of converting it into a separate municipality was felt. This need was then considered by toppolicy makers as urgent. On July 23, 1957, through Republic Act No. 2038, Nabunturan was created as a new political unit, separate and distinct from the mother municipality of Compostela.
On January 30, 1998, the President of the Philippines, Fidel V. Ramos signed into law the creation of the 79th Province in the country, the COMPOSTELA VALLEY pursuant to Republic Act No. 8470, which further created the Municipality of Nabunturan as its capital town. (source verbatim from: http://www.nscb.gov.ph/)
People of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Total Population of Nabunturan
Sports News of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Nabunturan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Nabunturan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Nabunturan.
- Jopson leads 119 PH triathletes to Langkawi
- Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:01 am
- ELITE champion Joyette Jopson leads 119 Filipino enthutsiasts, who are set to participate in the 2014 Ironman Triathlon race in Langkawi, Malaysia next week.
- Jopson, the current Cobra Ironman 70.3 women’s titleholder, will be among those seeking a slot to the 2015 Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii ............................. Full Story»
News and Events
- Germany, Philippines ink trade, social security, training agreements
- Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:55 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Bilateral relations between the Philippines and Germany expanded Friday as leaders forge agreements in trade, social security and technical training.
- At the press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the Federal Chancellery, Aquino announced the signing of an agreement on trade cooperation between the two nations through exchange of drafts formally establishing the German-Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Manila ........................ Full Story»
- Philippines, France ink bilateral agreements to strengthen ties
- Friday, September 19, 2014
- PARIS, France, Sep 19 -- The Philippines and France further strengthened its bilateral relations with the signing of several agreements on transportation and communications, culture and education.
- In a statement delivered after his meeting with French President François Hollande, President Benigno S. Aquino III said these agreements “will facilitate meaningful dialogue and fruitful exchanges between our two countries.” ........................ Full Story»
Local Government Unit LGU of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Nabunturan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Nabunturan: Romeo Calamba Clarin - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Nabunturan: SOTTO, MARIO ANGELO - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Nabunturan:
- BALILI, RODEL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11424 11.16%
- AMATONG, CHELITA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 11294 11.03%
- ANCLA, CARLO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9561 9.34%
- CABALLERO, CON INDEPENDENT 9368 9.15%
- SECUYA, VIVENCIA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8945 8.74%
- TAN, DARWIN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8768 8.56%
- HUMOL, MARK TRISTAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 8023 7.84%
- TUSAY, ROLAND INDEPENDENT 6892 6.73%
- Elected officials of Nabunturan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Romeo Calamba Clarin
- Vice-Mayor: Darwin Cerbo Tan
Barangays Elected Officials of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
Businesses in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Businesses of Nabunturan
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Nabunturan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings in Zamboanga-Realty.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Religions in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The religions in Nabunturan
Schools in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Schools in Nabunturan
Economy of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The economy of Nabunturan
Natural Resources of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
The tourist attractions of Nabunturan
Fiestas and Traditions of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
Traditions of Nabunturan
Your Story about Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines
You story about Nabunturan
Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Nabunturan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Compostela Valley, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.