Nueva Vizcaya Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Nueva Vizcaya province within Region II in the Republic of The Philippines
Alfonso Castaneda | Ambaguio | Aritao | Bagabag | Bambang | Bayombong (Capital) | Diadi | Dupax Del Norte | Dupax Del Sur
Kasibu | Kayapa | Quezon | Santa Fe | Solano | Villaverde
Cities in the Province of Nueva Vizcaya: NONE
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Seal
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Nueva Vizcaya|
Nueva Vizcaya Philippines
St. Vincent Ferrer Church
Constructed in the 16th century, it is one of the oldest unreinforced churches in Northern Luzon. Declared by the National Museum as a National Cultural Treasure, the church also houses an underground museum where one can find centuries-old church artifacts.
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Provincial Capitol of Nueva Vizcaya
Mt. Pulag National Park
Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- Located in the island of luzon within the Cagayan Valley (Region II). Nueva Vizcaya is a 2nd Class province. It has 15 Municipalities and 275 barangays.
Location of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- 16.4833° N, 121.1500° E - Nueva Vizcaya, Coordinates
The province lies within the heart of Northern Luzon. It is one of the five provinces of Region II and one of the four provinces of Cagayan Valley.
It is geographically located at the southernmost part of the Region and is often referred to as the gateway to Cagayan Valley.
Its coordinates range between 1.5 degrees, 45 minutes and 30 seconds and 16 degree, 41 minutes and 20 seconds and 121 degree, 27 minutes and 6 seconds east longitude.
Approximately 60.21% of the province is mountainous characterized by very steep to steep landform.
25.41% is rolling to moderately steep. 14.38% is gently sloping to undulating and flat to near flat.
Most of teh latter are agricultural areas concentrated in the North Sector. Only the municipality of Ambaguio and some parts of Quezon and Bayombong are considered mountainous in the North. Most of the mountainous areas are found in the South Sector
History of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- Source: en.wikipedia.org
- copied verbatim
"The name was derived from the Spanish province Vizcaya in the Basque Country. The province of Nueva Vizcaya used to be a territory of the vast Cagayan Valley which was once an integral political unit with one governor. In 1839, then-Governor Luis Lardizabal issued an order transforming Nueva Vizcaya into a politico-militar province upon the advice of the alcalde mayor of Cagayan. The order was approved by a Royal Decree on April 10, 1841. The province had its first taste of civil governance in 1902 when it was organized by the Philippine Commission.
The present territory of Nueva Vizcaya was the result of changes emanating from the formal creation of the province of Isabela in May 1865, wherein a great portion of its northern territory was ceded to the newly-born province. In 1908, the organization of the province of Ifugao further reduced the area of Nueva Vizcaya which was forced to give up its northwest territory. The survey executed by the Bureau of Lands in 1914 further caused the diminution of its area and reduced again upon the enactment of the Administrative Code of 1917.
In 1942, Japanese troops occupied Nueva Vizcaya. Filipino and American troops liberated the province in 1945.
In 1971, with the passage of Republic Act No. 6394, Quirino, which was then a sub-province of Nueva Vizcaya, was separated from its mother province and made into a regular province.
Since Nueva Vizcaya's birth as a province, traces of the culture and customs of its early settlers—the Ilongots (Bugkalot), Igorots, Ifugaos, Isinays, and the Gaddangs—can still be seen. The influx of civilization and the infusion of modern technology to the life stream of the province induced many immigrants from adjacent provinces to migrate to this province.
The history of organized religion in the province of Nueva Vizcaya dates back to the year 1607 when the Dominican Order arrived at the hinterlands of the province to preach their beliefs. It was not until 1609, however, that the first settlement of a religious order was established in the southern half of the province. In 1702, a covenant was erected in Burubur at the foot of the Caraballo mountains in Santa Clara, which is now a barangay of the town of Aritao. It was on this site that the first mass in Nueva Vizcaya was celebrated and the first baptism of a Christian convert was held.
Every last week of May, Nueva Vizcaya celebrates the Ammungan festival (formerly Panagyaman festival), a week-long affair culminating on May 24, the province's foundation day."
People of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- Nueva Vizcaya Population (as of 2010 Census) = 421,355
- Nueva Vizcaya Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 397,837
- Nueva Vizcaya Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 202,314
- Elected officials of Nueva Vizcaya for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Nueva Vizcaya: PADILLA, RUTH - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Nueva Vizcaya: GALIMA, LAMBERT - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- House Representative of Nueva Vizcaya: Carlos Mapili Padilla - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Provincial Board Members of Nueva Vizcaya:
- Elected officials of Nueva Vizcaya for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Nueva Vizcaya: Luisa Lloren Cuaresma
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Nueva Vizcaya: Jose Valeriano Gambito
- House Representative of Nueva Vizcaya: Carlos Mapili Padilla
- Provincial Board Members of Nueva Vizcaya:
- Elected officials of Nueva Vizcaya for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Nueva Vizcaya for the term of 2007-2010
- House Representatives of Nueva Vizcaya for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Nueva Vizcaya Province
Businesses in Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Nueva Vizcaya, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Nueva Vizcaya here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Nueva Vizcaya here.
- List the Methodist churches in Nueva Vizcaya here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Nueva Vizcaya here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Nueva Vizcaya here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Nueva Vizcaya here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Nueva Vizcaya here.
- List the Baptist churches in Nueva Vizcaya here.
Schools in Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Nueva Vizcaya can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Nueva Vizcaya you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Nueva Vizcaya, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Nueva Vizcaya Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
This page needs some articles about the natural resources of Nueva Vizcaya. Where does the energy source of this city come from? Are there any mining industries? Rivers and tributaries are part of the natural resources.
LOWER MAGAT ECO-TOURISM PARK:
Located within the 24,000-hectare Lower Magat Forest Reserve, the largest watershed ever devolved to a local government for forest management, the LOWER MAGAT ECO-TOURISM PARK (1,000has) situated at Brgy. San Luis, Diadi, is one of the major projects of the administration of Hon. Luisa Lloren Cuaresma.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Nueva Vizcaya in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Nueva Vizcaya. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Nueva Vizcaya landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Nueva Vizcaya.
- Philippines growth can top 8% – Domingo Survey ranks Phl 2nd to China in 2015
- Friday, February 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine economy could grow faster than eight percent this year if oil prices will remain low, a cabinet official said.
- Speaking at the 18th Outstanding Filipino Retailers and Shopping Centers of the Year Awards Night, Trade Secretary Gregory Domingo said that while the economy is expected to grow at about seven percent this year, it could grow at an even faster pace, if the low oil price environment would persist ........................ Full Story»
- Hollande sees Philippines as major tourist destination
- Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:19 pm
- MANILA, Philippines — French President François Hollande on Thursday said he hopes the Philippines will become among the top destinations of French tourists as the two counties expand bilateral ties in the next years.
- "The Philippines may also make a major destination for the French," Hollande said, speaking in French and simultaneously translated in a forum with business leaders from the Makati Business Club and the Philippines-France Business Council in Manila ........................ Full Story»
- Saraza, Gonzales eye tennis repeat
- Friday, February 27, 2015 12:01 am
- CHLOE Mae Saraza and Cenon Gonzales hope to sustain their fine form as they gun for repeat wins in their respective divisions in the Palawan Pawnshop-Palawan Express Pera Padala regional age group tennis at the Brookside Hills Tennis Club in Cainta, Rizal today.
- Saraza, who swept Rafaella Villanueva to pocket the 16- and 18-and-under titles at Valle Verde last week, faces a tougher challenge this time, however, with Chrislyn Sioson and Nicole Amistad joining the hunt in the premier section of the event presented by Technifibre ................................. Full Story»
Nueva Vizcaya Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|3705||Sta. Fe (Imugan)||Nueva Vizcaya|
|3706||Dupax del Norte||Nueva Vizcaya|
|3707||Dupax del Sur||Nueva Vizcaya|
|3710||Villa Verde (Ibung)||Nueva Vizcaya|
|3714||Alfonso Castaneda||Nueva Vizcaya|
Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Nueva Vizcaya.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Nueva Vizcaya Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.