Our Barangay Inc. - OBI
- OBI or Our Barangay Inc. is a non-profit organization in the Philippines with SEC Registration No. CN201027908 aimed to establish connectivity of all barangays to the internet, empower residents by active participation in its governance and assist barangays to become well-informed using information and communication tools (ICT) for development.
Vision of OBI
- Empowerment of Barangays for
- Effective Governance and
- Better Quality of Life
- To establish connectivity of all barangays to the internet;
- a. Develop standard software for all barangays to use
- To empower the barangay residents by active participation in its governance and by performing acts in fulfillment of civic duties and responsibilities of every citizen as mandated by the Constitution of the Philippines
- a. Conduct citizenship seminars (Constitution and laws) – national and local, government code, barangay laws and civic and political duties and responsibilities
- b. Encourage barangay residents to be proactive and Our Barangay Inc. to provide the means to communicate their views, opinions, needs and redress of grievances to the appropriate agencies – government or non-government
- c. Organize a Committee at the Barangay level to make respresentations to the COMELEC, political advocates, government entities, and NGOs engaged in activities promoting good governance.
- To access global resources in order to assist barangays become well-informed using information and communication tools (ICT) for development;
- a. Provide residents opportunity to make use of internet and other tools.
- b. Provide necessary tools to help, facilitate, transmit information and transact business by electronic means
- To provide and accept contributions, donations and other forms of assistance, financial aid, technical or in kind for the maintenance of the association and the attainment of its purposes;
- a. Contributions – services, expertise, intellectual property,
- b. Donations – monetary, equipment, supplies, services Enlist the help of local and international foundations in the form of financial and in-kind grants (computers, electronic devices, communication equipmentsm consultancy and technical assistance from experts in the field of internet communications;
- c. Other forms of assistance – set up HOTLINES in every municipality or province for emergencies, crises counseling & intervention (medical, natural disasters, rescue operations, relief goods distribution, shelter, etc.); form disaster team, conduct emergency preparedness seminars, maintain list of human resource specialties, skills and capabilities; poverty-reduction programs (bartering or local exchange trading system)
- d. Financial aid – social welfare benefit entitlements, medical and hospital discounts, disability benefits where available, educational assistance (scholarships, free tuition, cash as the case may require;
- e. Technical aid – equipment, advisory, consultancy
- f. In Kind aid – items, supplies, computers, electronic devices. books, blood and body organ donations, medicines, clothing, food and shelter during emergencies, natural disasters and calamities;
- To do such other things necessary for the accomplishment of its objectives
- a. Seminars, training, health screening, livelihood skills development, “How-to” sessions and demonstrations
- b. Enter into partnership, Memorandum of agreements (MOA) or Memorandum of understanding (MOU) with local government and non-government organizations (NGOs), entities, and financial, industrial, and charitable foundations with commitments to provide their services that shall benefit the barangays.
- c. Register OBI with Dept. of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) as a bona fide recipient of donations for distribution to barangay unit residents and to accept foreign donations from individuals and foreign sources and as a DSWD social service agency;
- d. Register OBI with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) as a tax-exempt non-government corporation under the Securities and Exchange Commission (in process)
- e. Register OBI for accreditation with The Dept. of Interior and Local Government (DILG) as LGU-NGO;
- f. To pay just compensation for services rendered by individuals, companies, groups, or contractors necessary to perform tasks Incident to business operation of the association;
- g. Provide opportunities and training for barangays to contribute towards national progress and development , i. e. manufacturing, promotion, marketing, and advertising of local products, and to help promote medical and eco-tourism;
- h. Integrate barangay activities in keeping with national traditions, participate during public celebrations in events of national interest and significance in coordination with other non-profit and charitable organizations and/or public entities;
- i. Help identify problems at the barangay level and seek out ways and means to provide solutions; Assist in maintaining an index record of barangay residents re- transactions, applications requested and filed, action taken; establish an all-points bulletin for use of law enforcement agencies; maintain a log of barangay activities and record of events;
- j. Encourage the local municipal government to initiate programs and help implement them in accordance with its Millennium Development Goals and to mobilize the active participation of all barangay residents in governance.;
- k. Help in developing personal skills by engaging residents in livelihood programs to generate income and engage them in activities that increase productivity of prevailing industries within the barangays.
Mission of Our Barangay, Inc.
Connecting 42,027 barangays to the internet
Our Barangay Inc. - OBI
President: Elsa Armada Abordo Bayani
- email: email@example.com
Elsa Bayani wants to help:
Here is a letter from her:
Sent: Saturday, 19 May 2012 6:09 PM
Subject: STOP EMIGRATION, REVERSE BRAIN DRAIN.
Send me a feasibility study, any project that can be managed by individuals. Funding from $1000 to $10,000 microloan, no credit check FUNDING through OBI and to members only. No details to non-members.
If your feasibility study passes good enough to be funded, I invite you to register as OBI member. You will be notified.
Apply for membership to OBI - P100 regular renew annually or P1,000 lifetime. Allied Bank account available upon request.
I AM LOOKING FOR AS MANY FILIPINOS TO BECOME ENTREPRENEURS.
Links of OBI - Our Barangay Inc.
Sample Feasibility Study
The feasibility study presented below is just a sample to guide you in creating your own feasibility study of the business you intend to start and present to OBI for loan approval.
Your presentation will be reviewed by OBI and you will be promptly notified thereafter.
- click to go to the: Sample Business Feasibility Study
Barangays who received a computer with help from OBI - Our Barangay, Inc.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Our Barangay, Inc..
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Our Barangay, Inc. Photo Gallery]]
*[[Our Barangay Inc. - OBI]]