Pampanga Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Pampanga province within Region III in the Republic of The Philippines
Apalit || Arayat || Bacolor || Candaba || Floridablanca || Guagua || Lubao || Mabalacat || Macabebe || Magalang || Masantol || Mexico || Minalin || Porac || San Luis || San Simon || Santa Ana || Santa Rita || Santo Tomas || Sasmuan
Cities in the Province of Pampanga: Angeles City || San Fernando City - Capital
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Pampanga, Philippines|
Pampanga Province within the Philippines
Pampanga Provincial Capitol Building in San Fernando City
Provincial Capitol Building in San Fernando City
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Municipal Hall of Lubao, Pampanga
One Crowne Plaza, Guagua, Pampanga
River Irrigation System, FloridaBlanca, Pampanga
The Province of Pampanga, Philippines
- Pampanga has 20 Municipalities and 2 Cities, and 538 barangays. The barangays of Pampanga are listed within each municipality and city. Each barangay, municipality, and city has an interactive webpage of its own.
- Pampanga Registered Voters as of (2010) = 1,079,532
- Pampanga Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 1,911,951
- Pampanga is a 1st class province.
- The province of Pampanga is in Region Region III within the central part of the island of luzon.
Cities in the Province of Pampanga
- Angeles City, Philippines is within the province of Pampanga, but as of August 2007, the city became an independent component city of the Philippines.
- San Fernando City, Pampanga, Philippines - Capital city of the province of Pampanga.
Population of Pampanga as of 2007 Census
Pampanga Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 1,911,951
Location and Geography of Pampanga
- 15.0667° N, 120.6667° E - Pampanga, Coordinates
Pampanga is located in the central part of Central Luzon. It is bounded on the north by Tarlac and Nueva Ecija, Bulacan on the east, on the south by Bataan, and on the west by Zambales. The province’s total land area is 218, 068 hectares or 2, 180.68 square kilometers.
Major Industries of Pampanga
Farming and fishing are the main industries. Rice and sugarcane are the major crops. Others are banana, mango, and eggplant. The rivers and fishponds produce fish, shrimps, and crabs.
History of Pampanga, Philippines
PAMPANGA is a province in the very heart of the central plains of Luzon in the Philippines. The province derived its name from the Kapampangan language “pampang,” which means “riverbanks,” or people living along riverbanks for it was an ancient empire that once stood along the shore of Zambales in the north and extending as far as Mt. Arayat, the Rio-Grande De Pampanga or the great Pampanga River.
As a province, Pampanga was created in 1571 by the Spaniards for the purposes of government control, church territoriality and tax collection. In 1873, its present borders were drawn after the authorities ceded towns to neighboring provinces.
The Kapampangan bravery and independence of spirits is firmly embroidered as one of the rays of the sun in the Philippine flag, symbolic of its position as one of the first to rise up against the colonizers, For a time, the town of Villa De Bacolor became the capital of the Philippines during the British occupation in 1762 to 1764.
During World War II, Pampanga was the scene of many bloody combat. Clark Air Base, a large American military installation in Angeles City, was among the first targets of the Japanese invaders. The tragic Death March ended in the railway station of San Fernando, from where the weakened soldiers were transported to Capas in Tarlac.
Progress flourished after the grant of independence to the Philippines. Industries began to make a headway, due to the accessibility of the province and the laying of the first concrete road from Manila. The largely agricultural commerce of rice and sugar became the flashpoint of agrarian unrest. Subsequent land reform brought peace in the countryside, and the religiosity of the Kapampangans as an influence cannot be discounted either.
Leaders of government were also born here. President Diosdado Macapagal was born in poverty in the town of Lubao, where Former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo also spent her first years. Eminent Church personalities were also the sons of the province, such as the first Filipino Cardinal, Rufino Santos.
The combined natural disasters of earthquakes, lahar flow and typhoons in the 90′s did not dampen the resilient spirit of the Kapampangans. Whole towns were almost obliterated, families were uprooted and the prospect of a large-scale diaspora became a real threat. But the people did not surrender. Armed with their faith in a provident God, the people dug in and adapted so amazingly to the challenges that the nature threw at them. Today, the curse has become a blessing, for the volcanic ash became the source of the quarry industry again just as in olden times.
The history of the province reveals the character and quality of the people: industry, faith, toughness, intellect, creativity, leadership, bravery. For all these traits, Pampanga stands as it has proudly stood before, solidly claiming its rightful place of leadership among the province of the nation.
- article above verbatim from: pampangacapitol.ph/the-province/pampanga-history/
People of Pampanga, Philippines
Total Population of Pampanga
- Elected officials of Pampanga for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Pampanga: Lilia "Nanay Baby" Garcia Pineda - KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Pampanga: PINEDA, DELTA - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION / KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA
- House Representatives of Pampanga:
- Provincial Board Members of Pampanga:
- Elected officials of Pampanga for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Pampanga: Lilia Garcia Pineda
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Pampanga: Joseller Medina Guiao
- House Representatives of Pampanga:
- Provincial Board Members of Pampanga:
- Elected officials of Pampanga for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Pampanga for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Pampanga for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Pampanga
Businesses in Pampanga, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Pampanga, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Holy Cross Parish Church, Sta. Cruz, Lubao, Pampanga|
|San Vicente Catholic Church, San Vicente, Lubao, Pampanga|
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Pampanga here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Pampanga here.
- Cathedral Of San Fernando, De Leon St., San Fernando City
- Holy Rosary Parish ( Pisamban Maragul), Sto. Rosario St., Angeles City
- List the Methodist churches in Pampanga here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Pampanga here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Pampanga here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Pampanga here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Pampanga here.
- List the Baptist churches in Pampanga here.
Schools in Pampanga, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Pampanga can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Pampanga, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Pampanga you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Pampanga, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Pampanga, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Pampanga Philippines, Jobs" page.
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Pampanga, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Natural Resources of Pampanga, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Pampanga, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Pampanga in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Pampanga. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Pampanga landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Pampanga, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Pampanga.
- Ligligan Parul
- The best and the brightest (including the largest) Christmas lanterns in the world can only be found in the capital City of San Fernando, host to the popular ‘Giant Lantern Festival’ held Christmas every year.
- Guitars of Lubao
- Lubao remains ever famous among lovers of music as Pampanga’s undisputed guitar-country.
- Sto. Tomas Pottery
- Apalit Blacksmiths
Pampanga Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
- PH, France climate change initiative lauded
- Saturday, February 28, 2015
- QUEZON CITY, Feb. 28 -- Environment Secretary Ramon J.P. Paje described as “a step in the right direction” the joint efforts by the Philippines and France to raise global awareness on the urgent need to take bold action against climate change and address its impacts.
- In his two-day visit to the country, French President Francois Hollande launched with President Benigno Aquino III the Manila Call to Action on Climate Change and urged other nations to act now to stop the devastating effects of climate change ........................ Full Story»
- Philippines growth can top 8% – Domingo Survey ranks Phl 2nd to China in 2015
- Friday, February 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine economy could grow faster than eight percent this year if oil prices will remain low, a cabinet official said.
- Speaking at the 18th Outstanding Filipino Retailers and Shopping Centers of the Year Awards Night, Trade Secretary Gregory Domingo said that while the economy is expected to grow at about seven percent this year, it could grow at an even faster pace, if the low oil price environment would persist ........................ Full Story»
- Barnachea is Ronda PH king
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 12:01 am
- BAGUIO CITY—Santy Barnachea of Navy-Standard Insurance turned the individual time trial and criterium final laps into his coronation runs as he ruled the Ronda Pilipinas 2015 presented by LBC that ended at the Harrison Ave. in this mountaintop city yesterday.
- Ranged against younger, more athletic foes, the 38-year-old Barnachea held his ground throughout the six-day, eight-stage race to win his second Ronda title ................................. Full Story»
San Luis to commemorate birthday of Huk Supremo Luis Taruc
- Source: http://pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?menu=2&webregion=R03&article=541336713290
- By: PIA
- Friday, May 11, 2012
SAN LUIS, Pampanga- Preparations are underway for the commemoration of the birth anniversary of the former Huk Supremo, icon, and hero Luis Taruc on June 21.
San Luis Mayor Venancio Macapagal and Dr. Romy Taruc, a descendant of the Supremo, are planning the activities which initially include the installation of a marker and wreath-laying on the area where the house of Taruc used to stand in barangay Sta Monica.
During the 2nd World War, Taruc, together with Castro Alejandrino, Felipa Culala (Kumander Dayang-Dayang) and Bernardo Poblete (Kumander Banal) founded the HUKBALAHAP (Hukbong Bayan Laban sa mga Hapon) on March 29, 1942. Taruc was chosen to lead the 30,000 –strong guerilla group and attack the Japanese invaders at every opportunity.
In 1946, Taruc and five others were elected to the Congress. However, they were denied their seats on charges of terrorism. After negotiations with President Manuel Roxas failed, Taruc went underground. In 1948, Taruc agreed to surrender to then President Elpidio Quirino but did not push through. The Huks’ control of Luzon alarmed Quirino that he assigned Minister of National Defense Ramon Magsaysay to subdue the movement.
In 1954, during the presidency of Ramon Magsaysay, Taruc surrendered to Benigno Aquino, then a reporter of the Daily Mirror and a secret emissary to the Supremo. He was brought to Manila and sentenced to 12 years in prison. After being denied executive clemency by President DiosdadoMacapagal, finally in September 1968, President Ferdinand Marcos pardoned him.
Taruc continued to work for social and agrarian reform.
He died of a heart attack at the St. Luke’s Medical Center on May 4, 2005. He was 91 years old.
Pampanga, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Pampanga.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Pampanga, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Pampanga Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.